Author Topic: Ducky Shine 2 TKL  (Read 743 times)

Offline SpectrumPrime

Ducky Shine 2 TKL
« on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 22:37:12 »
Hi! I have a quick noobie question. I have a Ducky Shine 2 TKL and it's in it its stock black case. I would like to change the case color without painting(because the painting seems tedious). I was wondering that if I remove the case and switch it to another one whether or not I have to solder the LEDs and switches again.

Any help is appreciated, because I am interested in a red acrylic case if possible. Any suggestions, recommendations, tips, and help are highly welcomed! :)

- Spectrum

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
Re: Ducky Shine 2 TKL
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 01 April 2014, 23:25:52 »
You will not have to resolder LEDs or switches again, but you will have to make sure that 1) you are able to open the case successfully (probably want to do this carefully to in case you want to put the case back. Breaking your case is never a good idea :p), and 2) you find a case that will fit your PCB and plate (not sure if Shine 2 is plate mounted or not; if it's not, don't worry about the plate).

Offline SpectrumPrime

Re: Ducky Shine 2 TKL
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 02 April 2014, 15:37:01 »
Okey dokey, I'm sure I can do some research on how to properly remove my PCB and plate from the case, if not then I'll have to ask for some help. If the plate is mounted, well I have no idea how to figure that out. I'm completely ignorant when it comes to this stuff but I do want to learn. heh

Thanks for the help! :)
- Spectrum