Author Topic: Poker II Caps Lock  (Read 1588 times)

Offline ynrozturk

Poker II Caps Lock
« on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 07:14:53 »
Probably a very simple question but I couldn't solve it.

The Caps Lock on my Poker II has stopped working for some reason. I've done a factory reset to no avail, and all of the DIP switches are set to their default OFF positions.

Any ideas?
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
Re: Poker II Caps Lock
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 07:17:23 »
Did just the LED stop working, or the switch itself?

tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 07:39:43 »
Sorry, should have specified.

The switch itself stopped working. To give some more info, I changed the space bar on my keyboard today, and before that it was working perfectly fine. So I probably messed up with a Space+FN combination but I have no idea what, and I know my way around my Poker fairly well, when it comes to layers and programming keys and all that. And I can't find anything in the user manual either, which is a bit odd.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 08:09:40 »
Can you use a keyboard event viewer to see if any key codes are being sent at all?

Offline mougrim

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 08:12:47 »
Sorry, should have specified.

The switch itself stopped working. To give some more info, I changed the space bar on my keyboard today, and before that it was working perfectly fine. So I probably messed up with a Space+FN combination but I have no idea what, and I know my way around my Poker fairly well, when it comes to layers and programming keys and all that. And I can't find anything in the user manual either, which is a bit odd.

It was powered down when you've changed Space or not?
IBM AT Model F, Vortexgear Race 3, AEKII (Alps Cream Damped), Metoo Zero (modded to Kailh Box Navy)

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 08:18:23 »
Can you use a keyboard event viewer to see if any key codes are being sent at all?

It seems to be registering as Ctrl.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 08:19:52 »

I thought that's what was happening, wasn't sure though...

Recheck your DIP switches, etc. One of them might not be functioning properly.
tp thread is tp thread

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 08:20:47 »
Will do, thanks guys.

Offline mougrim

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 08:21:28 »

Hmm... if I remeber correctly, 1 DIP have something to do with CapsLock swapping.
IBM AT Model F, Vortexgear Race 3, AEKII (Alps Cream Damped), Metoo Zero (modded to Kailh Box Navy)

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
Poker II Caps Lock
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 08:23:02 »

Hmm... if I remeber correctly, 1 DIP have something to do with CapsLock swapping.

Yep, I believe you're right. OP is in luck though: this is a much better layout! Caps Lock is for casuals.

Edit: before the jimmies rustle, I'm joking.

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 08:27:28 »
To be honest I don't care about Caps Lock, I never use the thing. I was just curious as to what went wrong.

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 08:33:08 »
Very strange, I can't seem to correct it with the DIP switches, either.

dafuq

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 08:37:29 »
Very strange, I can't seem to correct it with the DIP switches, either.

dafuq

Dafuq indeed...

Do any of the other DIPs seem to be working properly? Or not-properly, for that matter...
tp thread is tp thread

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 08:39:38 »
That's the strange thing. DIP's 2, 3 and 4 seem to be working fine, just DIP one seems to be problematic.

Maybe doing the firmware update would help? Though I can't see how, if it's something physical.

Offline GreeDyloO

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 08:40:00 »
Hey there, does the Poker II have a fn + w layer like the pure pro ?

The problem might come from here :)

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 08:41:19 »
That's the strange thing. DIP's 2, 3 and 4 seem to be working fine, just DIP one seems to be problematic.

Maybe doing the firmware update would help? Though I can't see how, if it's something physical.

Couldn't hurt at this point. If anything, update it just to eliminate firmware as a possible cause.
tp thread is tp thread

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 08:42:08 »
Hey there, does the Poker II have a fn + w layer like the pure pro ?

The problem might come from here :)

Thanks for the post, though FN+W on the Poker II is simply just the up arrow.

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 08:42:38 »

Couldn't hurt at this point. If anything, update it just to eliminate firmware as a possible cause.

Yup, I will do that when I get home from work. Feel better working on my on hardware.