Author Topic: [IC] GMK Classic Beige 1.25x mods, 1.75x rt shift, 6.25 space, center caps lock  (Read 48754 times)

Offline jonathanyu

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
After Dolch I wanted to try Commodore style inverted beige/white.

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
Pics?

Offline yicaoyimu

Pics?

From Ivan, in the dark grey groupbuy thread.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
Pics?

From Ivan, in the dark grey groupbuy thread.
Show Image

Interesting thanks

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page

Yes. This is what I'm waiting for. Not really interested in dolch.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline padath

With GMK... offering DE,IT,ES,NO,SE,FR...etc. there is not enough interest from those people to reach MOQ of 250. With SP stuff you can offer anything as long as it makes like MOQ of 10 and people will pay that price it can be made. For GB though... it's like 4 keys extra on US so it's not a big deal to offer that ISO. But even still I will probably be cutting those dedicated keys and have the GB alternate letter pad side print on the US ones along with chopping some of the extra others that are not so common that were on the white/grey set from before.

I really hope that you can include those additional ISO/UK keys like you did in the ill-fated grey group buy.

AFAIK nobody has done a GMK ISO Dolch set before so you are our only hope...

Offline pasph

Ivan's current BSP set looks like it's going forward.  His last full set was unsuccessful because he was trying to please everyone and it was something like $200 to get a normal usable set.  A more standard $100 full set ANSI layout will easily hit the MOQ.

It was like $130 or $120 at the end. Also, only ANSI? That's selfish.

EDIT: I don't think it's good to have 2 GMK full sets GB at the same time.

Emphasis on at the end.  I stopped following the thread because the price was all over the place.  I'm sure tons of other people stopped looking because they only knew about the incredibly expensive $200+ full set and never saw the price changes.  If you have a low initial price, more people are willing to commit.

And what's selfish about ANSI?  Honestly, ISO is the biggest drag on any GB.  If you look at the numbers, Tsangan kits get more commits than ISO sets in group buys.  ISO just fails, even with SP numbers.  Why should the community carry ISO on GMK when they can't even hit minimum quantities at SP?  I'm all for making ISO and helping if it's a little short, but when you can't even hit the low SP minimums, it's not fair to the community to subsidize it on GMK.  If you want ISO, split the cost of the minimum and give the ISO buyers the extras.  They can sell them to recoup their losses.

And who cares what you think about two GMK sets at the same time.  If we can have multiple people committing to $150+ on two different SP sets being made at the same time, who's to say they can't commit to $200 on two higher quality good GMK sets.

Have you seen Granite GB?
Have you seen R5 GB?
Iso people (not you) has paid for their INTERNATIONAL LANGUAGE KITS (not for 4 Keys iso kit).
I don't want your "charity".

Ughhh neither of those have the MOQ of GMK, how is that a fair comparison?

Please note that he was talking of GBs in general and also of SP gbs:

" Honestly, ISO is the biggest drag on any GB.  If you look at the numbers, Tsangan kits get more commits than ISO sets in group buys.  ISO just fails, even with SP numbers. "
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
Is there any estimates on when this will happen (if it does)?
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline intelli78

I have been contacted by a couple other GH users that have been planning something like this for a while. They asked me not to share details yet. So I probably won't run this as a GB, but there should be a chance in the not-too-distant future to get this stuff. In the mean time, pipe up if you have suggestions.
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline anoxy

• Deal with it
So vague.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page

I have been contacted by a couple other GH users that have been planning something like this for a while. They asked me not to share details yet. So I probably won't run this as a GB, but there should be a chance in the not-too-distant future to get this stuff. In the mean time, pipe up if you have suggestions.

Would that happen to be Bunny  :)?
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline yicaoyimu

So vague.

It's not vague. intelli78's reply just reveals what Bunny's next group buy would be. I know I have the right guess. I know that!

EDIT: hahahahaaha. CommonCurt knows what I'm thinking about.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline intelli78

I am not trying to mislead or obscure my intentions in any way. They said they'll be offering a chance to get this stuff, but explicitly asked me to keep the details private for now. They asked me not to do this GB, because it would undermine what they're planning. I am respecting their wishes. I can't make any promises because it's out of my hands right now, but just sit tight, and if what they say is true, all will be good.

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
I am not trying to mislead or obscure my intentions in any way. They said they'll be offering a chance to get this stuff, but explicitly asked me to keep the details private for now. They asked me not to do this GB, because it would undermine what they're planning. I am respecting their wishes. I can't make any promises because it's out of my hands right now, but just sit tight, and if what they say is true, all will be good.

Hopefully it is bunny, and hopefully he includes a full beige set!!!!!!

Bunny the people must know!!!  :D

Offline anoxy

• Deal with it
Ok fine, I am appeased.  :cool:

Offline avtar

Someone, anyone, please do this :P

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
Oh may be new scheme of Bunny  :p

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
I wonder if tinlong got the same message he was doing a similar GB.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
Is this still on?

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline intelli78

As I mentioned, a couple users contacted me about this IC and asked that I not run it because they were planning something similar. They also asked me not to name them or mention any further details...

I honored the request. We will see what happens...

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
I would really like a classic beige GMK set, curious on who will run it. Hope is ivan I like his style  :thumb:
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
I would really like a classic beige GMK set, curious on who will run it. Hope is ivan I like his style  :thumb:

+1
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
As I mentioned, a couple users contacted me about this IC and asked that I not run it because they were planning something similar. They also asked me not to name them or mention any further details...

I honored the request. We will see what happens...

Its been a number of months. Seems like they weren't very serious about it...

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
Post so I can hear about any updates. I'd love something similar with WoB
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
Re: [IC] GMK Classic Beige 1.25x mods, 1.75x rt shift, 6.25 space, center caps lock
« Reply #129 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 11:42:07 »
Sorry for keeping you guys in the dark about this. It's me and some others that have been working on this. I just did not want to announce this until I was sure it would happen.

I'm now sure! ;D This will be happening soon. Classic black on beige done properly.

Any suggestions on keys please let me know.

The current plan for the sets is :

Main set :
  • Full winkey set
  • B-profile winkeyless modifiers
  • Stepped and full-touch caps locks
Extra set :
  • Full winkeyless, A-profile bottom row
  • Windowed lock keys
  • UK ISO keys
  • Short right shift + 1u key
  • Space for more keys-- Input needed!

All legends will be standard ANSI, just like the original Cherries.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
Re: [IC] GMK Classic Beige 1.25x mods, 1.75x rt shift, 6.25 space, center caps lock
« Reply #130 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 11:48:08 »
Cool  :cool: I wanted a classic black on beige for some time, love the classic look  :thumb:
I would like the modifiers to be the classic ones, with legends not the new icon ones (handbag Caps). The icon ones look unbalanced, I would get it anyway, but would like it more this way :)
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 September 2014, 11:53:11 by DanielT »

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #131 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 11:56:53 »
Cool  :cool: I wanted a classic black on beige for some time, love the classic look  :thumb:
I would like the modifiers to be the classic ones, with legends not the new icon ones (handbag Caps). The icon ones look unbalanced, I would get it anyway, but would like it more this way :)
They will be like this dude :cool:

github

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #132 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 11:58:52 »

Show Image

That's what I'm talking about  :thumb: the real s**t  :cool:
I have WoB so that part is covered, if I get also this I don't need anything else :d
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 September 2014, 12:01:37 by DanielT »

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #133 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 12:10:50 »
I'd like to make a request, though I'm not certain there will be enough people to fill it...

- C Profile - Home and End
- D Profile - Delete and Pg Dn Actually, these are already standard, right? Just the above two keys.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #134 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 12:16:15 »
For MX5000, right? Can be added to the extra set, because currently there really aren't many keys there.
github

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #135 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 13:11:22 »
Sorry for keeping you guys in the dark about this. It's me and some others that have been working on this. I just did not want to announce this until I was sure it would happen.

I'm now sure! ;D This will be happening soon. Classic black on beige done properly.

Main set :
  • Full winkey set
Extra set :
  • Windowed lock keys
  • UK ISO keys

:) :)

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #136 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 13:26:57 »
Very interested!

Can't believe I didn't see that thread when it was originally posted :D

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #137 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 13:59:08 »
For MX5000, right? Can be added to the extra set, because currently there really aren't many keys there.

Yeah. Sounds good.

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #138 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 14:31:43 »

Main set :
  • Full winkey set
Extra set :
  • Windowed lock keys
  • UK ISO keys

Oh yes

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #139 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 17:52:02 »

Main set :
  • Full winkey set
Extra set :
  • Windowed lock keys
  • UK ISO keys

Great news.  What style win keys will be used?
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #140 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 18:02:19 »

Show Image

I would like to see extra spacebars as an option. Kinda like what Ivan did for a set of 1x 6.25u, 1x 7u extra spacebars set for the Dolch GB.

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline feizor

« Reply #141 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 18:49:46 »
Yes its finally happening!

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #142 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 18:51:47 »
    I would like to go with old style winkeys, but I think they would have to be pad printed.

Can't stress this enough! Really would like any input I can get! :thumb:

github

Offline pasph

« Reply #143 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 19:09:07 »
    Please consider 4 more Keys F-row even blanks
    "There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
    « Reply #144 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 21:38:19 »
    Photekq you should start a new thread or change the title so more people see this. Excited hopefully I have the cash.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
    • * Esteemed Elder
    • 🍒 Beige or Bust
      • My Flickr Page
    « Reply #145 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 21:42:40 »
      I would like to go with old style winkeys, but I think they would have to be pad printed.

Show Image

Excellent. I always prefer the old school logo. Especially with the classic color combos.[/list]
      More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
      More

Offline feizor

« Reply #146 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 22:26:13 »
      Will the set include space bars?

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
      « Reply #147 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 22:41:30 »

Show Image

The old style win logo is cool, but pad printing really sucks. Maybe you can offer doubleshot win8 keys as well?

Concerning extra keys:

What about 1unit keys for the bottom row with the cherry logo? This way you could use vintage sets on korean customs ;)[/list]

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
        « Reply #148 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 22:56:13 »
        +1 cherry logo on bottom row  :cool: and maybe also windowed Esc with cherry logo ;)

Offline luckyryan333

• #There'sNoToolForTyping
        « Reply #149 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 23:28:06 »

Main set :
        • Full winkey set
        Extra set :
        • Windowed lock keys
        • UK ISO keys

Sounds great!

Well, I know at least 10 or more guys aka "CLASSIC-CHERRY-KEYCAP-HOLICS" around me.
        Maybe or not, they would get crazy if they heard about this EXCITING news.
        If needed, I'll let you know how many guys are interested.

Hope 1x win key and 1x context menu key would be included in the set.
        and pad-printing for win logo is not preferred.

Wait for your new thread for this GB.
        No PaiN, No GaiN
        More
        How to order from Taobao from outside of China and WITHOUT an Agent
        daily driver: C70 w/ Oblivion
        on the way: d65_12/gmkblk_3