Author Topic: Post Pictures Of Your Desk/Set Ups!  (Read 1422473 times)

Offline Ovoxo

Re: Post Pictures Of Your Desk/Set Ups!
« Reply #600 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 16:55:38 »
Looking good! ;)

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #601 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 17:17:09 »
I've been gone for a while.  New setup.  Spoiler for large pictures.

snip

Is that a Miku poster I see?

Offline datamonger128

• Forever alone.
« Reply #602 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 21:49:22 »
Is that a Miku poster I see?

Why yes it is.
Coffee is supposed to be bitter.  It symbolizes the bitterness of life.

Offline dn

• Got Wood? Fabricator / Designer Extraordinaire
« Reply #603 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 00:58:51 »
only liers and sick people have clean desks

haha well said!
7G owner :)

PS: I'm looking for a PBT blank full set for my 7G!

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #604 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 05:06:22 »
tadbitnerdy has the AKG K702 65th anniversary edition!!!!

Mine are in the shop right now. :(

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #605 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 21:09:18 »

Offline guilleguillaume

« Reply #606 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 10:13:23 »
New monitor arrived(Dell U2913wm Ultrasharp)

I'm supper happy :D

Was playing some DCS: A10.

Offline mistakemistake

• Global Loveinator
« Reply #607 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 10:14:51 »
^awesome setup!

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #608 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 10:21:30 »
I love that monitor!
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline RougeR

« Reply #609 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 10:24:16 »
i honestly hate that monitor....
* RougeR thinks 21:9 is a silly aspect ratio

16:10/2:1/4:3/10:16 = God tier

16:9 is fine if at a big resolution

rest of your setup is nice though.
« Last Edit: Thu, 31 January 2013, 10:45:17 by RougeR »
Buckling spring warrior!

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
    • Becker's 市場 рынок Markt - Sell/Buy/Trade
« Reply #610 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 18:00:19 »
Wow beautiful setup!
Here at GeekClack, time isn't worth anything because CCs are money.
"You cannot plan the future. Only presumptuous fools plan. The wise man steers."
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
« Reply #611 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 19:35:05 »
Nice HOTAS. Lovin' that Warthog...and that HHKB looks like the perfect board for use with a HOTAS.
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline whiskerBox

« Reply #612 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 20:09:46 »
OH SNAP! you be flyin!!!!!!
"I'm on a mission to bring down GH's anarchy of moderators" -RIPSTER jr.

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #613 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 20:18:11 »
No KMAC Mini in sight!

Offline Kuroneko

« Reply #614 on: Fri, 01 February 2013, 12:04:59 »
21:9 is actually the ratio a lot of movies use. (The ones that have black bars on top and bottom when viewed on a 16:9 screen)

Anyways, I posted this on reddit yesterday.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #615 on: Fri, 01 February 2013, 12:24:07 »
21:9 is actually the ratio a lot of movies use. (The ones that have black bars on top and bottom when viewed on a 16:9 screen)

Show Image

thats actually 1.85:1 and 21:9 is actually 2.33:1 which isnt a standard... the closest would be 2.39:1 which would be cinema standard though with cinemas going to 4k are closer to 1.85: at 1.9:1 (4096×2160)

Also technically 16:9 wasnt initially a standard it was created to give consumers the best coverage of all aspect ratios on one single display/monitor. the movie/tv industry made this a standard later for items speciafically made for viewing in the home as people didnt like the fact that nothing ever fully filled their screen.

Offline nosfer

« Reply #616 on: Fri, 01 February 2013, 12:58:44 »
Here is my sanctasanctorum :)

Sponsored by my potato.

Offline dohboi

« Reply #617 on: Fri, 01 February 2013, 13:11:40 »

Show Image

I have the same sennheiser headphone stand! Makes the desktop so much more clean. And the Astro stand is suspect... :(

Offline Kuroneko

« Reply #618 on: Fri, 01 February 2013, 13:12:13 »

thats actually 1.85:1 and 21:9 is actually 2.33:1 which isnt a standard... the closest would be 2.39:1 which would be cinema standard though with cinemas going to 4k are closer to 1.85: at 1.9:1 (4096×2160)

Also technically 16:9 wasnt initially a standard it was created to give consumers the best coverage of all aspect ratios on one single display/monitor. the movie/tv industry made this a standard later for items speciafically made for viewing in the home as people didnt like the fact that nothing ever fully filled their screen.

Depends if the movie is "flat" or "scope". Flat is 1.85:1 and scope is 2.39:1. There are some movies that will fill up a 16:9 fine (flat movies) but some that won't. 21:9 might not be exactly what cinema's use but it's the closest you will get to filling up the whole screen without those black bars. I guess I should've reclarified what I was trying to say.
Cinemas are already 4k. The last two I worked in was fully equipped with 4k projectors but most content is still around 2k resolution. (2048x858 or 1998x1080).

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #619 on: Fri, 01 February 2013, 13:43:27 »

Depends if the movie is "flat" or "scope". Flat is 1.85:1 and scope is 2.39:1. There are some movies that will fill up a 16:9 fine (flat movies) but some that won't. 21:9 might not be exactly what cinema's use but it's the closest you will get to filling up the whole screen without those black bars. I guess I should've reclarified what I was trying to say.
Cinemas are already 4k. The last two I worked in was fully equipped with 4k projectors but most content is still around 2k resolution. (2048x858 or 1998x1080).
its coo np

Offline Tenkey

« Reply #620 on: Fri, 01 February 2013, 13:51:50 »

Show Image

clean setup, love it

Offline RougeR

« Reply #621 on: Fri, 01 February 2013, 17:37:56 »
any dead pixels on the yamasaki? im looking at getting the crossover 30" not sure wether to fork out a lot more to get a pixel perfect one.
Buckling spring warrior!

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #622 on: Fri, 01 February 2013, 17:40:23 »
any dead pixels on the yamasaki? im looking at getting the crossover 30" not sure wether to fork out a lot more to get a pixel perfect one.
none on MiMiC's when he got his

Offline mistakemistake

• Global Loveinator
« Reply #623 on: Fri, 01 February 2013, 21:35:15 »

I didn't get the pixel perfect one. I just got the $699.98 one (comes with free overnight shipping) and have no dead pixels at all. It's awesome!

here is the direct ebay link. Just make sure you get this seller: accessorieswhole

came bubbled wrapped all nice like this:
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 February 2013, 21:39:07 by mistakemistake »

Offline RougeR

« Reply #624 on: Fri, 01 February 2013, 23:58:03 »
accessories whole was who i was looking at :), so you reckon its not worth going for pixel perfect?
Buckling spring warrior!

Offline mistakemistake

• Global Loveinator
« Reply #625 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 00:04:47 »
accessories whole was who i was looking at :), so you reckon its not worth going for pixel perfect?

i mean, if you go with pixel perfect, you know it'll be good.  but, isn't it a few hundred more? ultimately, just depends on if you're willing to take a gamble on 3 dead/stuck pixels. Stuck pixels are sometimes fixable.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #626 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 14:58:53 »

Show Image

Sponsored by my potato.

It always makes me wonder why people put hammer and sickle on their desktop (or keycaps or whatever). It's like if they had a hakenkreuz there. Sure, it's just a symbol... but a symbol of a totalitarian regime/ideology.

Offline Kuroneko

« Reply #627 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 18:42:24 »

Nope, dead pixel free. I kind of want a 30" one now but it's already hard enough playing games @2560x1440 let alone 2560x1600.. haha. The non pixel perfect ones are more of YMMV thing.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #628 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 18:43:36 »

[img width=640 height=478]http://i.imgur.com/XTcW8cW.jpg[img]

Sponsored by my potato.

It always makes me wonder why people put hammer and sickle on their desktop (or keycaps or whatever). It's like if they had a hakenkreuz there. Sure, it's just a symbol... but a symbol of a totalitarian regime/ideology.

probally becasue to put a swastika would just be in bad taste

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #629 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 18:56:58 »

I also found this strange, especially since most of us live in democratic, capitalist countries. Those who live in countries that have been negatively affected by communism (such as myself) wouldn't be caught with the hammer and sickle keycap.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #630 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 19:20:06 »
Chicago's not that bad is it ?

Offline keymaster

« Reply #631 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 20:36:31 »
Chicago's not that bad is it ?

I'm from the Balkans originally.

Offline datamonger128

• Forever alone.
« Reply #632 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 22:14:23 »
Is that an HP Omnibook Sojourn? Ahh the hinge is different. What is that little laptop? A Vaio?

I actually have two laptops on that shelf.  One is an old Vaio and the other is a Toshiba Portege 3020CT.  The Vaio has no OS installed and the Toshiba has no power brick.  I actually didn't get them to use them though.  They were bought more for their uniqueness and to compliment my "tech shrine."
Coffee is supposed to be bitter.  It symbolizes the bitterness of life.

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #633 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 23:02:05 »
You guys have such clean setups.. though you probably clean them for the pictures.  Mine has random stuff everywhere.

Offline nosfer

« Reply #634 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 01:06:16 »

Sponsored by my potato.

I will talk just for myself, but I have it because my ideology is pretty near to the marxism-leninism.

Offline RougeR

« Reply #635 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 11:32:16 »

Sponsored by my potato.

I will talk just for myself, but I have it because my ideology is pretty near to the marxism-leninism.

i also appreciate and support a lot of the politics and philosophy put forward by Lenin/Marx, Stalin was nothing but a dictator, but Lenin really was really trying to bring about a political and philosophical system with many merits.

in many ways soviet Russia in the Lenin years was far a head of the western world, they were already getting rid of the churches power and women were granted much the same respect and equality of men.
Buckling spring warrior!

Offline RougeR

« Reply #636 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 11:36:15 »

I also found this strange, especially since most of us live in democratic, capitalist countries. Those who live in countries that have been negatively affected by communism (such as myself) wouldn't be caught with the hammer and sickle keycap.

Do you just believe what the government and society tells you? communism and many of its derivatives have been slandered by the western world, people seem to blindly believe that they are evil or wrong...the ideology is sound and good in concept, the implementation was wrong.

Anyway this is very different to having say the swastika on your keyboard...GROUP BUY ANYONE!?!? ;)
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 February 2013, 11:38:28 by RougeR »
Buckling spring warrior!

Offline keymaster

« Reply #637 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 11:58:35 »

Do you just believe what the government and society tells you? communism and many of its derivatives have been slandered by the western world, people seem to blindly believe that they are evil or wrong...the ideology is sound and good in concept, the implementation was wrong.

Anyway this is very different to having say the swastika on your keyboard...GROUP BUY ANYONE!?!? ;)

I'm a polisci major, so I'm quite familiar with Marxism. My problem is with the way communism was implemented. Thus, I do not like communist symbolism (hammer and sickle). The hammer and sickle keycap reminds me of those kids on campus who wear Che Guevara t-shirts  :))

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #638 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 12:11:57 »

Only about 90 million dead, devastated society, exploited environment,...

Communism (as almost any other ideology) may work in a perfect world with perfect people. Neither exists in reality.

There's a huge difference between swastika, and hakenkreuz in particular.
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 February 2013, 12:14:15 by davkol »

Offline BLJ Consulting

• * Vendor
  • Independent Plastics Consultant
« Reply #639 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 12:15:45 »

12890-0

Is that a Sieveking Omega headphone stand?  If so, how do you like it?  They pretty spendy right? (~$200USD)

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #640 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 12:18:59 »
that is a very nice piece of wood. when i see that though i expect to see stax lambdas, not a sennheiser 6 series variant ;) (unless it's an orpheus, in which case... ;)))

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline Broadmonkey

« Reply #641 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 14:25:23 »
I think they are Beyerdynamics DT880 or DT990, not Sennheisers. Stax would fit it better though :D
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 February 2013, 14:27:09 by Broadmonkey »

Offline MattBuzzy

« Reply #642 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 22:38:43 »

My setup :) will grab a few more pictures soon  :cool:

Offline okooko

• afk.
« Reply #643 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 22:43:55 »
is that a kaosillator?

Offline guilleguillaume

« Reply #644 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 23:40:38 »

(Attachment Link)
Is that a Sieveking Omega headphone stand?  If so, how do you like it?  They pretty spendy right? (~$200USD)

Yes it is a Zebrano Sieveking Omega. They go for 99€ around here.

that is a very nice piece of wood. when i see that though i expect to see stax lambdas, not a sennheiser 6 series variant ;) (unless it's an orpheus, in which case... ;)))

I think they are Beyerdynamics DT880 or DT990, not Sennheisers. Stax would fit it better though :D

Those are indeed Beyerdybamnic DT-990 Edition:

I'm using a Nuforce Icon HDP with them.

Offline MattBuzzy

« Reply #645 on: Mon, 04 February 2013, 00:35:37 »
is that a kaosillator?

It sure is! Kaossilator hooked up through a Kaoss Pad 3.   ;D

Offline okooko

• afk.
« Reply #646 on: Mon, 04 February 2013, 01:27:05 »
is that a kaosillator?

I remember during my 'I wana be a DJ' days lol.
Where are your Technics 1200's?

Offline MattBuzzy

« Reply #647 on: Mon, 04 February 2013, 01:43:08 »
is that a kaosillator?

I remember during my 'I wana be a DJ' days lol.
Where are your Technics 1200's?
Haha I used to DJ but digitally at a local club in my late teens, never bothered with turntables just produced mixes using software. I actually had my picture and a small article in the local paper, was a big thing for me back when I was still in highschool. Never had equipment this awesome though.

Now I am just into music production for personal enjoyment, If I ever made anything I thought was really good I would put it on youtube and sell it on one of the indie music websites if it was requested.

I am concentrating mainly on programming at the moment though, with Uni I won't have much time to play around making music unfortunately.
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 February 2013, 02:33:25 by MattBuzzy »

Offline Yzeets

« Reply #648 on: Fri, 08 February 2013, 15:21:44 »
potatocam

Offline mistakemistake

• Global Loveinator
« Reply #649 on: Fri, 08 February 2013, 16:45:46 »
potatocam
Show Image

clean! and i'm liking the magenta