Author Topic: Sanwa Supply MA-TB39BK Teardown  (Read 7797 times)

Offline kaotikb

Sanwa Supply MA-TB39BK Teardown
« on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 17:30:44 »
So I ordered this trackball off eBay. It arrived safely last week. So i thought i would do a teardown for those interested in this trackball. You can switch between 800 and 400 dpi by pressing down the scroll wheel and holding the right click button for 2 seconds.
Some pictures:

The screws are all visible on the bottom of the trackball.

Here we have the Logitech M570 Vs Microsoft Optical Trackball vs Sanwa Trackball

Size comparison of the Trackballs

This is what it looks like on the inside. The USB cable is removable via the connector While the optical sensor pcb is connected by a fixed cable.

Picture of the switch.

The socket with the three metal ball bearings.

There is a small hole on the back side of the bearings for easy removal with a small pin.

The bearings are bigger then the M570 and Microsoft trackball.

This is the original cable . I replaced my cable with a spare black one i had.

That is all. I hope this helps someone out if they are considering purchasing this trackball.

« Last Edit: Thu, 08 May 2014, 17:32:30 by kaotikb »
Ducky 1087 (Green ALPS) |  CM QFR Stealth (MX Brown) | Unicomp Ultra Classic |Poker II (MX Brown)  | IBM 1391401 1991 | IBM 1391401 1989 | Ducky Shine 3 White Edition (MX Brown) | G80-3700(MX Black) | Corsair K70 (MX Brown) | Varmillo VA87MR (Gateron Red)

Pointing Devices:  Microsoft Trackball Optical (Ceramic bearings Installed)  | Sanwa MA-TB39BK (Larger Ceramic Bearings Installed) | Elecom M-XT2URBK | Kensington Slimblade | Logitech Trackman Wheel | Logitech Trackman Marble Plus

Offline planet36

Re: Sanwa Supply MA-TB39BK Teardown
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 09 May 2014, 22:49:00 »
Thanks for the tear-down.  How do you like using the trackball?

Offline kaotikb

Re: Sanwa Supply MA-TB39BK Teardown
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 10 May 2014, 14:02:01 »
Its actually very comfortable to use. It would be nice to have the two extra buttons though.

I also ordered some ceramic bearings off ebay to replace those metal ones. Will see if i got the right size.
Ducky 1087 (Green ALPS) |  CM QFR Stealth (MX Brown) | Unicomp Ultra Classic |Poker II (MX Brown)  | IBM 1391401 1991 | IBM 1391401 1989 | Ducky Shine 3 White Edition (MX Brown) | G80-3700(MX Black) | Corsair K70 (MX Brown) | Varmillo VA87MR (Gateron Red)

Pointing Devices:  Microsoft Trackball Optical (Ceramic bearings Installed)  | Sanwa MA-TB39BK (Larger Ceramic Bearings Installed) | Elecom M-XT2URBK | Kensington Slimblade | Logitech Trackman Wheel | Logitech Trackman Marble Plus