Author Topic: USPS sending package in wrong direction?  (Read 24679 times)

Offline billnye

• ability man
USPS sending package in wrong direction?
« on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 15:57:42 »
Last weekend I used Tenso to order a HHKB Type-S and some extras from amazon.jp.

Tenso received the package Saturday and shipped it to me on Monday. I was impressed with the speed of Priority Mail Express International, and was excited when it left New York yesterday. I assumed it was just going to be heading to me here in North Carolina, but this morning it has now shown up in Seattle. Very strange as this is the complete opposite end of the country from where I am :)). I called USPS and after waiting on hold for 30 minutes the lady told me that there was nothing she couldn't see where the package was going, so there was nothing she could really do. I reconfirmed with Tenso that my shipping address was correct, so I really have no clue what is going on.

Has something like this happened to anyone?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: USPS sending package in wrong direction?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 15:59:15 »
Sadly USPS does things like this from time to time. But that is some incredibly fast shipping.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 15:59:20 »
Last weekend I used Tenso to order a HHKB Type-S and some extras from amazon.jp.

Tenso received the package Saturday and shipped it to me on Monday. I was impressed with the speed of Priority Mail Express International, and was excited when it left New York yesterday. I assumed it was just going to be heading to me here in North Carolina, but this morning it has now shown up in Seattle. Very strange as this is the complete opposite end of the country from where I am :)). I called USPS and after waiting on hold for 30 minutes the lady told me that there was nothing she couldn't see where the package was going, so there was nothing she could really do. I reconfirmed with Tenso that my shipping address was correct, so I really have no clue what is going on.

Show Image

Has something like this happened to anyone?

I actually just ran into this with Halverson. My package to him went West to go East. It's usually just because they have a pre-planned route. It's messed up and causes you to wait longer, but it is normal for them.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 16:02:43 »
Sadly USPS does things like this from time to time. But that is some incredibly fast shipping.

I was a bit confused when they charged me $40 for shipping, but you're right it is very fast!

I actually just ran into this with Halverson. My package to him went West to go East. It's usually just because they have a pre-planned route. It's messed up and causes you to wait longer, but it is normal for them.

OK, thanks that's a little reassuring!

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 16:12:56 »
Yes, I've had that happen to me before also. Looks like USPS' computer planning systems are just as bad as they were back in the 1990s. I was in a city, and stuff was passing me by and then looping around some small midwestern town or something like that and I never understood their logic.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 16:20:32 »
Totally normal. It's just a package loss prevention system. They pre-plan routes so that they can guess where your package is if they need to.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 16:25:51 »
FedEx and UPS carry a lot of mail for the Post Office.

Most all UPS mail goes through Louisville and most all FedEx goes through Memphis.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline bexleycorona

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 01:39:00 »
That's really weird. It entered NYC customs rather than LAX so they knew it was going somewhere on the east side of USA.

They might have read the label wrong?

I once ordered watch parts from Europe and they ended up in the United Arab Emirates before coming to Arizona. There was a label on it that said the items had been sent to the wrong location.

GE Marquette | Rosewill RK-9000 | Rosewill Apollo 9100 | Realforce 87U "EK Edition" 45g Uniform | Unicomp Ultra Classic Black Buckling Spring | Realforce 87U SE07T0 Variable | Dolch PAC65

Online Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 01:43:33 »
I have a F2 Blue Clack that is in limbo at this moment. It left Chicago ISC (I guess this is International Sorting Center) on 19 May. Then it came back to Chicago and left the ISC again on 30 May. It's like the plane turned back or they forgot a bag of packages or something. And I have not heard anything since 30 May! Typically, a package from Los Angeles ISC would have reached me in 14 days.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 01:59:49 »
Nothing really surprises me with USPS.  Had a package fumble around my city for over a week before I finally received it.

Offline suby4me

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 08:51:51 »
My assumption was they would use a route that was easily accessible or something. Sort of reminds me when I transported my car, they had to take this one route which had them go all over the place. But I guess that's understandable in the state that I'm in  ;D
current: poker 2 | HHKB pro2, Novatouch | off: das keyboard 4 | Ducky 3 TKL | death by coffee das keyboard mac ver. | razer blackwidow | whitefox | corsair K70 RGB

Offline osi

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 09:09:12 »
Nothing really surprises me with USPS.  Had a package fumble around my city for over a week before I finally received it.

Show Image

I had a story like this but you win, you win.

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 09:19:48 »
Haha, some pretty horrendous stories in here!

Luckily, it has since reached my town and will hopefully get to me today!

That's really weird. It entered NYC customs rather than LAX so they knew it was going somewhere on the east side of USA.

They might have read the label wrong?

I once ordered watch parts from Europe and they ended up in the United Arab Emirates before coming to Arizona. There was a label on it that said the items had been sent to the wrong location.

Maybe, but I don't see how "Huntersville, North Carolina" can be confused with "Seattle, Washington".  :))

I have a F2 Blue Clack that is in limbo at this moment. It left Chicago ISC (I guess this is International Sorting Center) on 19 May. Then it came back to Chicago and left the ISC again on 30 May. It's like the plane turned back or they forgot a bag of packages or something. And I have not heard anything since 30 May! Typically, a package from Los Angeles ISC would have reached me in 14 days.

I hope it gets to you safe sir!

My assumption was they would use a route that was easily accessible or something. Sort of reminds me when I transported my car, they had to take this one route which had them go all over the place. But I guess that's understandable in the state that I'm in  ;D

Easily accessible to send it to the wrong side of the country?  :p
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 June 2014, 09:22:57 by billnye29 »

Offline suby4me

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 10:04:02 »

Easily accessible to send it to the wrong side of the country?  :p

Lol didn't see that. Road trip maybe  :)) Ah, at least you could say your package saw the whole USA  :p
current: poker 2 | HHKB pro2, Novatouch | off: das keyboard 4 | Ducky 3 TKL | death by coffee das keyboard mac ver. | razer blackwidow | whitefox | corsair K70 RGB