Author Topic: HP's future computer  (Read 1143 times)

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 June 2014, 07:36:50 by mkawa »
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
Re: HP's future computer
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 07:41:52 »
mems optical switchers were supposed to be the savior of linespeed networking about 10 years ago, and people are constantly bringing them up, but the photonics guys, as smart as they are, just don't have the research capital to keep up with the semiconductor guys; transistors are continually outpacing photonics, even in fiber routing applications. it's actually faster to uart a fiber signal, route it, then emit it back out into fiber bandwidth than it is to route the light with the fastest tiniest refractory devices that exist.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 08:04:53 »
Yet at some point in time there will be a game changing technology that will change computers as we know them right now. After reading another article, it was mentioned that IBM and Fujitsu (I think) are both working on their own game changing technology. It has to happen at some point. Should be quite nice when it will happen!

Same with electric cars. Now that big companies are putting more money in them and more ev cars are sold and produced, at some point there will be a new battery technology that will cost less and have more autonomy by a scale of maybe 3 times what litium-ion has to offer right now. This will be the game changing for ev's and I really hope it will happen in the next 3-5 years! I will try to keep my car long enough to change for an ev![size=78%] [/size]
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 13:02:20 »
The game changing technology is already here.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS