Author Topic: [WTS] 60 Aluminum kit  (Read 59462 times)

Offline Le7iathan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Certified Lurker
Re: [WTS] TKL 87 Aluminum Kit --- [WTB] GMK Olivetti Full/Numpad
« Reply #150 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 02:23:08 »
How long with this be going on? I get paid in 2 weeks near my birthday and I'd like to get this as a gift for myself  :D

Offline bdtbinh

• In Geek I trust
« Reply #151 on: Fri, 26 February 2016, 13:48:24 »
Those are shipping from Vietnam, doesn't it?

I live in Thailand and it's must be good for the shipping cost.

is it would have other choices of switches in the near future or not, like a MX Clear or something.

Thanks you for answer  :D

Im not sure about the shipping cost, i will check and shot u a pm later ;)
For now the supply of MX Clear and Green is not stable so i have to remove them from the list.

Offline bdtbinh

• In Geek I trust
« Reply #152 on: Fri, 26 February 2016, 13:55:05 »
How long with this be going on? I get paid in 2 weeks near my birthday and I'd like to get this as a gift for myself  :D

This is not a GB so as long as the kit u like is available, u can buy it whenever u want :D

Offline bdtbinh

• In Geek I trust
Re: [WTS] TKL 87 Aluminum Kit
« Reply #153 on: Sun, 28 February 2016, 00:07:57 »
Pumpppppppppppppppppppppppppp!

Offline Numpy

• The feels man
« Reply #154 on: Sun, 28 February 2016, 01:35:02 »
Damn! These are some beautiful looking keyboards.
I just made a board myself but daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn son these are very nice  :thumb:
Custom 60%: Cherry MX blues with 62g gold springs and PBT Black on Black dyesub keycaps.

Other Keyboards: Deck Hassium Pro (MX Browns), the underated Leopold FC660M (MX Browns)

Offline bdtbinh

• In Geek I trust
« Reply #155 on: Sun, 28 February 2016, 13:21:02 »
I just made a board myself but daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn son these are very nice  :thumb:

Thank you, sir! U made my day  ;D

Offline Numpy

• The feels man
« Reply #156 on: Sun, 28 February 2016, 14:49:40 »

Thank you, sir! U made my day  ;D
Ahah now worries.
I hope enough people are interested in this to make it a worthwhile project for you!
Custom 60%: Cherry MX blues with 62g gold springs and PBT Black on Black dyesub keycaps.

Other Keyboards: Deck Hassium Pro (MX Browns), the underated Leopold FC660M (MX Browns)

Offline bdtbinh

• In Geek I trust
« Reply #157 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 09:47:54 »
Bump for a weekend!!!

Offline laughatpain

« Reply #158 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 10:21:21 »
Is the pink case still available?

Offline bdtbinh

• In Geek I trust
« Reply #159 on: Mon, 07 March 2016, 12:18:09 »
Is the pink case still available?

Which version do you want to ask, winkey or winkeyless, sir :D

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #160 on: Sat, 12 March 2016, 05:31:42 »
This PCB is programmed wrong and does not work on Windows 10. I have a few other problems with this case too.

The seller has stopped responding as I have problems; be aware when buying this.

Offline bdtbinh

• In Geek I trust
« Reply #161 on: Sat, 12 March 2016, 10:50:33 »
This PCB is programmed wrong and does not work on Windows 10. I have a few other problems with this case too.

The seller has stopped responding as I have problems; be aware when buying this.

Sorry sir for the late reply. I will support until you satisfy with the solution :)

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #162 on: Sat, 12 March 2016, 16:08:29 »

This is pretty disheartening news as I would be using this exclusively on Windows 10.

Edit: the case looks amazing though!

Offline KaminKevCrew

« Reply #163 on: Sat, 12 March 2016, 16:22:55 »

This is pretty disheartening news as I would be using this exclusively on Windows 10.

Well, don't forget that you can get the case for $50 off without pcb and you can use your own instead! (that's what I did, which is why I never had any issues on Windows 10.)

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #164 on: Sat, 12 March 2016, 16:41:25 »

Well, don't forget that you can get the case for $50 off without pcb and you can use your own instead! (that's what I did, which is why I never had any issues on Windows 10.)

Ahh, I see that you used the GON pcb. Were there any issues with fitment into the case? Also, I haven't used any GON stuff before, how easy is it to create the mapping for it?

Offline KaminKevCrew

« Reply #165 on: Sat, 12 March 2016, 17:23:27 »

Ahh, I see that you used the GON pcb. Were there any issues with fitment into the case? Also, I haven't used any GON stuff before, how easy is it to create the mapping for it?
Pcb fitment was super easy. The way the case is made, the plate mounts to the case, not the pcb, so as long as your pcb is a standard-ish size, you won't have any issues with fitment.

Creating and flashing maps with the GON software is incredibly easy. It's amazing! It took me all of 15 seconds without the video guides to figure out how the software worked, and maybe another 3 minutes to get the map working the way I wanted it. Also, flashing the board is instant, no need up unplug it and reboot into a bootloader mode or anything. You just press save in the software and your board is ready to go.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #166 on: Sat, 12 March 2016, 18:41:07 »

Pcb fitment was super easy. The way the case is made, the plate mounts to the case, not the pcb, so as long as your pcb is a standard-ish size, you won't have any issues with fitment.

Creating and flashing maps with the GON software is incredibly easy. It's amazing! It took me all of 15 seconds without the video guides to figure out how the software worked, and maybe another 3 minutes to get the map working the way I wanted it. Also, flashing the board is instant, no need up unplug it and reboot into a bootloader mode or anything. You just press save in the software and your board is ready to go.

That's awesome. Thanks for the info. I assume I just have to get the usb port on top of the board, and not on the bottom?
I was thinking of doing a Filco baord with the red Tex case once they came back in stock on mechanicalkeyboards.com, but this is looking like a much nicer option.

Offline KaminKevCrew

« Reply #167 on: Sat, 12 March 2016, 18:42:14 »

That's awesome. Thanks for the info. I assume I just have to get the usb port on top of the board, and not on the bottom?
I was thinking of doing a Filco baord with the red Tex case once they came back in stock on mechanicalkeyboards.com, but this is looking like a much nicer option.
Exactly that! As long as you have the USB port on the top of the case, you'll be good! (I think the USB ports on winkeyless board are just in the wrong place in general...)

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #168 on: Sat, 12 March 2016, 18:45:23 »

Exactly that! As long as you have the USB port on the top of the case, you'll be good! (I think the USB ports on winkeyless board are just in the wrong place in general...)

Perfect. Thank you so much! Did you get your GON board with the diodes and resistors pre-soldered? I'm wondering about lead time for that. It'd be nice to cut down on some of the soldering that I'd have to do myself.

Offline KaminKevCrew

« Reply #169 on: Sat, 12 March 2016, 19:01:41 »

Perfect. Thank you so much! Did you get your GON board with the diodes and resistors pre-soldered? I'm wondering about lead time for that. It'd be nice to cut down on some of the soldering that I'd have to do myself.
When I ordered, I actually ordered a blank board, but he emailed me saying that he only had pre soldered boards in Stock (with the USB port on the top of the board). So basically, he took the diodes and resistors out of my cart, and sent me a fully soldered board.

If you want a lower lead time, I could solder it for you, if you're uncomfortable doing smd stuff!

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #170 on: Sat, 12 March 2016, 19:39:21 »

When I ordered, I actually ordered a blank board, but he emailed me saying that he only had pre soldered boards in Stock (with the USB port on the top of the board). So basically, he took the diodes and resistors out of my cart, and sent me a fully soldered board.

If you want a lower lead time, I could solder it for you, if you're uncomfortable doing smd stuff!

Honestly I'm not too worried about the lead time. I'll be waiting on Jukebox round 2 anyway, and that seems pretty far off =/ Guess I'll just have to contact GON and find out.

Offline AgentZen

« Reply #171 on: Sat, 12 March 2016, 20:36:15 »
I've decided today to build a keyboard, and I purchased about 95 Zealios 67g switches, with the base kit here, and the keycaps I already have, I should be pretty set to build my keyboard right? I mean minus solder and wiring I suppose? Anything anyone can tell me about what makes this set here superior or inferior to finding parts elsewhere? PM me if you want, I still have so much research to do, so please excuse my ignorance. I'm considering this a long term project, but didn't think I would find such a set like this.
KUL ES-87 w/ Clears (GMK Hyperfuse) | Working on: Custom 60% w/ 65g feelios (BSP blanks)

Offline KaminKevCrew

« Reply #172 on: Sat, 12 March 2016, 20:45:05 »
I've decided today to build a keyboard, and I purchased about 95 Zealios 67g switches, with the base kit here, and the keycaps I already have, I should be pretty set to build my keyboard right? I mean minus solder and wiring I suppose? Anything anyone can tell me about what makes this set here superior or inferior to finding parts elsewhere? PM me if you want, I still have so much research to do, so please excuse my ignorance. I'm considering this a long term project, but didn't think I would find such a set like this.
I think you'll need a stabilizer set.

Offline bdtbinh

• In Geek I trust
« Reply #173 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 10:14:47 »

Just as KaminKevCrew mentioned below, you need a set of stabilizer :D
The soldering part is really easy and interesting  :thumb:

I think you'll need a stabilizer set.

Thanks you sir for your feedback and suggestion :D
I have decided to switches to GON PCB for better customer experience until i can have my own re-programmable PCB.

Thank you, sir :D

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #174 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 10:57:22 »
I have decided to switches to GON PCB for better customer experience until i can have my own re-programmable PCB.

This is perfect! Now I can get everything in one place. If I decide to opt for the "Complete Kit" with assembly, do I pay $60 for the PCB or $75?

Offline bdtbinh

• In Geek I trust
« Reply #175 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 12:46:38 »

This is perfect! Now I can get everything in one place. If I decide to opt for the "Complete Kit" with assembly, do I pay $60 for the PCB or $75?

It`s 75$ sir :D

Offline tullyvivi

« Reply #176 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 12:56:52 »
this looks pretty nice

Offline tullyvivi

« Reply #177 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 12:57:18 »
btw will you be interested in GMK red?

Offline bexutart

« Reply #178 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 13:43:41 »
I have a brand new pok3r (PBT, mx clear, metal casing), and a Ducky Shine 3 Yellow Edition mx milk

Any interest in making a trade?

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #179 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 14:16:33 »

It`s 75$ sir :D

Thanks. Is there an order form somewhere that I missed? Or do I just PM you when I make up my mind?

Offline bexutart

« Reply #180 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 14:34:27 »
also, which are still available?

pm me and we can discuss ;)

Offline KaminKevCrew

« Reply #181 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 17:28:32 »
One thing that I could suggest about the kit,

Would it be possible for there to be an option for gateron switches? I like them a lot better, and the switches themselves are the same price or cheaper...

Offline Xiro7

« Reply #182 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 17:39:14 »
PM'd you about a kit.

Offline bdtbinh

• In Geek I trust
« Reply #183 on: Mon, 14 March 2016, 09:58:00 »
One thing that I could suggest about the kit,

Would it be possible for there to be an option for gateron switches? I like them a lot better, and the switches themselves are the same price or cheaper...

I also love gateron switches :D
It would be possible since i can order it from Taobao with a low cost.
Only drawback is the waiting time will takes longer ;)

Offline bdtbinh

• In Geek I trust
« Reply #184 on: Mon, 14 March 2016, 09:59:10 »
PM'd you about a kit.

also, which are still available?

pm me and we can discuss ;)

Pm replied  :thumb:

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #185 on: Mon, 14 March 2016, 15:16:53 »
I still check this topic every day for looking for Cherry MX Clear and lubing service.

if I can get a Complete Kit with Black housing, MX Clear with 62g spring modded , sticker and lubed.

it can be my end game keyboard and I would order it immediately :'(

Offline DylanKR

« Reply #186 on: Mon, 14 March 2016, 15:59:45 »
Is there any pictures of winkeyless version? Cant seem to see any.
Looking for Kustom

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #187 on: Mon, 14 March 2016, 16:00:42 »
Is there any pictures of winkeyless version? Cant seem to see any.

Here is my winkeyless: http://imgur.com/a/IXyS7

Offline DylanKR

« Reply #188 on: Mon, 14 March 2016, 18:57:17 »
Damn I might have to order one when I sell my other keyboards.
Looking for Kustom

Offline Patchwrks

« Reply #189 on: Mon, 14 March 2016, 19:06:30 »
the bottom of that looks all messed up
(´・ω・`)denko-chan~~~내 스레드

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #190 on: Mon, 14 March 2016, 19:18:42 »

wow indeed , what's up with that op ?
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #191 on: Tue, 15 March 2016, 04:45:43 »

wow indeed , what's up with that op ?

The screws are **** along with the top plate being completely out, results in the worst alignment I've ever seen. Scratches were a bonus :)

Offline balthaz4r

• I have found my people
    • /u/balthaz4r
« Reply #192 on: Sat, 19 March 2016, 00:39:08 »
Man I am tempted, but the shipping and Gon PCB kills it for me.

$250+$75+$40+Paypal fees = $376

The alternative I'm considering is
Tex aluminum case $148
Plate $49
phantom PCB $32
Teensy $24
switches Already have some gat browns, but I can also get them on Amazon for $38
Stabilizers: iono, $15

So, that's $306 shipped, plus I can use the Phantom PCB which I prefer.

The only thing that is still tempting me in this thread is that purple case. DAT PURP, hmmmmmm

Offline KaminKevCrew

« Reply #193 on: Sat, 19 March 2016, 00:42:54 »

Tex aluminum case $148
Plate $49
phantom PCB $32
Teensy $24
switches Already have some gat browns, but I can also get them on Amazon for $38

The only thing that is still tempting me in this thread is that purple case. DAT PURP, hmmmmmm
The GON pcb isn't required. You could grab just the case and build it with the Phantom pcb.

Offline Delirious

« Reply #194 on: Sat, 19 March 2016, 01:03:52 »

Tex aluminum case $148
Plate $49
phantom PCB $32
Teensy $24

The GON pcb isn't required. You could grab just the case and build it with the Phantom pcb.

Just to clarify: if the Gon fits perfectly in this case then the Phantom won't fit at all. Please refer to this threat before you decide to go with Phantom. Gons F-Row is slightly further north of the Alphas than the phantom.

Offline KaminKevCrew

« Reply #195 on: Sat, 19 March 2016, 01:06:34 »

Tex aluminum case $148
Plate $49
phantom PCB $32
Teensy $24

Just to clarify: if the Gon fits perfectly in this case then the Phantom won't fit at all. Please refer to this threat before you decide to go with Phantom. Gons F-Row is slightly further north of the Alphas than the phantom.
Oooo I didn't realize that :(

That's too bad...

Offline bdtbinh

• In Geek I trust
« Reply #196 on: Sat, 19 March 2016, 21:56:25 »
So far i only can confirm that GON `s PCB will fit perfectly, since it have similar design as Trik

Offline bdtbinh

• In Geek I trust
« Reply #197 on: Tue, 22 March 2016, 20:49:45 »
“... a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.”

Offline himynameisbunny

« Reply #198 on: Sat, 26 March 2016, 07:08:53 »
Would a Winkeyless.kr PCB or this PCB fit?

Also are you on Taobao?

EDIT: It'd be a winkey version that I'd be putting in the case.
« Last Edit: Sat, 26 March 2016, 09:40:25 by himynameisbunny »
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Happy Hacking Keyboard Pro 2 // Logitech M570 Trackball // Topre Realforce 23UB

Offline bdtbinh

• In Geek I trust
« Reply #199 on: Sat, 26 March 2016, 19:18:42 »
Would a Winkeyless.kr PCB or this PCB fit?

Also are you on Taobao?

EDIT: It'd be a winkey version that I'd be putting in the case.

Im not on Taobao. This is on local and geekhack only :D
I will take a look at the PCB and tell ya later  :thumb: