Author Topic: Strange Part Number for Silver Label Model M  (Read 1333 times)

Offline bigsneakysnake

Strange Part Number for Silver Label Model M
« on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 14:27:43 »
I was listing my trusty Model M on eBay, and someone asked me if I knew anything about the parts number of the board. Come to think of it, I've never looked it up. Lo and behold there is nothing I can find about it. It's a Silver Label Model M. Notice on the badge it has a "T" on it. The parts number is 1391240.

I was wondering if anyone had any information on this specific keyboard.  :D

Here's a link with pictures: mod note: this is not the classifieds. Links to promote the sale of an item are not allowed in this section. If you would like to display photos of the board in question, please do so by uploading them to an image host, and either using the image link, or linking to the album.
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 July 2014, 00:05:48 by exitfire401 »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Strange Part Number for Silver Label Model M
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 15:58:39 »
The 2 common Ms with square metal badge on the right are 1390120 (no LEDs) and 1390131 (with LEDs, my personal favorite M!).

The colored keys were surely ordered from Unicomp, I have have bought similar ones. The RGB set is very sharp, although at $12 + shipping, I think, the price is just a bit steep.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 21:58:26 »
If it works as well as it looks, 75$ is a great deal.
In memory of smallfry 1996-2013
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline Vanilla

• 110% Snuggable
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 22:00:43 »
OP's selling it haha

That's an interesting label although the fit of the silver label doesn't seem to fit as well with the case indent as they usually do.
But then again, the unique model number thickens the plot.

Offline ClarusWorks

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 12:20:27 »
Does it have a speaker behind the normally-empty speaker grille?  If so, it's probably an RS/6000 keyboard, which could also explain the oddball part number.  I know I once found a gray label board with an unusual part number, and when I opened the thing up to clean it, there was a speaker installed.