Author Topic: [IC] PuLSE SA Keyset (GET YOUR WALLET! - GB LIVE SEPT 8th 12:00 PST)  (Read 103668 times)

Offline feizor

Re: [IC] PuLSE SA Keyset (3-1-2-3-4-3 / UPDATED PRICES!)
« Reply #450 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 19:16:50 »
And maybe add an extra R4 1u fn key to the tsangan kit for people to use with the 1.75u shift

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #451 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 19:22:21 »
This is a question for MiTo here;

Are you able to supply (design) all one coloured F1 to F12 set?

Would like the option to BUY both Black and Blue as well as Blue and Black F1's to F12's, to place upon my keyboards.  Please let us know here  8) .

There hasn't been an all same coloured F1 to F12 set released yet in the SA Profile, I thought maybe your design could be the absolute FIRST one to grace Geekhack.

This?

It's interesting, but I need quite a few people supporting the idea, in order to add this as an extra.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #452 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 19:29:45 »
Can we have 2 orange pulse keys in the novelties kit instead of just one? Then we can achieve a balanced look if we use them for windows keys in a winkeyless layout!

I understand your request, but this is probably what the Novelties gonna be like in the GB.
The Orange, Lime and Red PuLSES are supposed to swap the Esc key. If I add a pair of colored PuLSES, for each color, this Novelty pack will be huge and too expensive.

And maybe add an extra R4 1u fn key to the tsangan kit for people to use with the 1.75u shift

Could you provide me a picture of this situation? And sure, I can include that.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
Re: [IC] PuLSE SA Keyset (3-1-2-3-4-3 / "FINAL" PRICES! / WHICH FINISH?)
« Reply #453 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 20:40:41 »
FIXED KITS AND UPDATED PRICES.
WE'RE ALMOST GOOD TO GO!

Offline 01111000

« Reply #454 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 20:56:03 »
Can you find out the pricing for the blank keys and add the option of the other colored keys in the esc pack?  At the very least, the orange color.  Did you get a price quote from SP?  I remember reading from another post here that they have a flat rate for blank keys but I'm not sure.
Poker 2 w/ MX Clears | Ducky Shine 3 w/ MX Blues | CM Novatouch

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #455 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 21:02:00 »
Can you find out the pricing for the blank keys and add the option of the other colored keys in the esc pack?  At the very least, the orange color.  Did you get a price quote from SP?  I remember reading from another post here that they have a flat rate for blank keys but I'm not sure.

Check OP.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #456 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 21:26:13 »

Would like the option to BUY both Black and Blue as well as Blue and Black F1's to F12's, to place upon my keyboards.  Please let us know here  8) .

There hasn't been an all same coloured F1 to F12 set released yet in the SA Profile, I thought maybe your design could be the absolute FIRST one to grace Geekhack.

This?

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

It's interesting, but I need quite a few people supporting the idea, in order to add this as an extra.

YES absolutely.

It looks far more cleaner than adhering to the OLD style of breaking up the "F" Numbers.  Prefer that they remain clean BUT the customer may also choose to later on, add the colours to break up the uniformity.

REMEMBER you are giving choices to the end users on how they want to configure their key-set within their own keyboards.

This layout has already been done numerous times within DCS and DSA profiles BUT never within the SA Profile set, I just thought you would be daring enough to allow it to happen with your design as well.  Don't think because this is SA profile that it suddenly becomes OLD-school and there are rules and regimented ideas to pursue with the execution of this design.  You have to go all out like everyone else has done with the other SP profiles.

Dare I say it, your design should be modern and not adhere to OLD styles because we have already bought other key-set designs that exhibit that already.  This design should be for those that love the SA Profile and want more customization to be available for different layouts within their keyboards.
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 August 2014, 21:42:10 by Elrick »

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #457 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 22:16:03 »

This?

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

YES absolutely.

It looks far more cleaner than adhering to the OLD style of breaking up the "F" Numbers.  Prefer that they remain clean BUT the customer may also choose to later on, add the colours to break up the uniformity.

REMEMBER you are giving choices to the end users on how they want to configure their key-set within their own keyboards.

This layout has already been done numerous times within DCS and DSA profiles BUT never within the SA Profile set, I just thought you would be daring enough to allow it to happen with your design as well.  Don't think because this is SA profile that it suddenly becomes OLD-school and there are rules and regimented ideas to pursue with the execution of this design.  You have to go all out like everyone else has done with the other SP profiles.

Dare I say it, your design should be modern and not adhere to OLD styles because we have already bought other key-set designs that exhibit that already.  This design should be for those that love the SA Profile and want more customization to be available for different layouts within their keyboards.

I agree with you so much.

But I can almost hear the negative inputs if we just kill the splitted row and implement the cyan as a standard on the Base Set.

It looks incredibly better in my opinion, and I'm afraid the stripes won't tip if sold as an add-on...

What if we submit only the cyan stripe in order to make the F-Stripe mega cheap and cool?

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #458 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 22:25:56 »
I agree with you so much.

But I can almost hear the negative inputs if we just kill the splitted row and implement the cyan as a standard on the Base Set.

It looks incredibly better in my opinion, and I'm afraid the stripes won't tip if sold as an add-on...

What if we submit only the cyan stripe in order to make the F-Stripe mega cheap and cool?

Yeah, make just one Cyan Stripe available for the F region  8) .  Either that or supply the normal F-Stripe with a spare Cyan Stripe as back up?

Offline 01111000

Re: [IC] PuLSE SA Keyset (3-1-2-3-4-3 / UPDATED PICS / 60% STRIPE R3 ADDED!)
« Reply #459 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 22:29:43 »
Me requesting the ability to purchase blank keys is due to me wanting to blank out the alphas, while still purchasing the base set and mods.  The color scheme and profile are excellent IMO, that's why I want the option.  Maybe 1.5 row 3 keys too, if it's not too much to ask?  Thanks again

That's ok, don't worry. Can you list to me the caps you need? Cause I think it is:

*Blue 1u - Row 3;
*Blue 1.5u - Row 3;
*Blue 2.0u - Row 3;

Peace.
In Elrick's spirit, might as well include the lot at this point.  I wouldn't mind if it was all R3, let's see what others want:

Grey 1x
Grey 1.25x
Grey 1.5x
Grey 1.75x
Grey 2x
Grey 2.25x
Grey 2.75x

Blue 1x
Blue 1.25x
Blue 1.5x
Blue 1.75x
Blue 2x
Blue 2.25x
Blue 2.75x

I'm planning on blanking out a 60% and a 100% in addition to purchasing the base set.  Not sure if I'm the only one.  This set is almost up there with Hyperfuse in terms design, profile and color, IMO.  If it doesn't tip, it doesn't tip; might as well try.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #460 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 22:36:59 »
So lets just throw in reverse mods and whatever else it would take to have a complete set with the dark base and light colored legends while we are at it?

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #461 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 22:39:41 »
Me requesting the ability to purchase blank keys is due to me wanting to blank out the alphas, while still purchasing the base set and mods.  The color scheme and profile are excellent IMO, that's why I want the option.  Maybe 1.5 row 3 keys too, if it's not too much to ask?  Thanks again

That's ok, don't worry. Can you list to me the caps you need? Cause I think it is:

*Blue 1u - Row 3;
*Blue 1.5u - Row 3;
*Blue 2.0u - Row 3;

Peace.
In Elrick's spirit, might as well include the lot at this point.  I wouldn't mind if it was all R3, let's see what others want:

Grey 1x
Grey 1.25x
Grey 1.5x
Grey 1.75x
Grey 2x
Grey 2.25x
Grey 2.75x

Blue 1x
Blue 1.25x
Blue 1.5x
Blue 1.75x
Blue 2x
Blue 2.25x
Blue 2.75x

I'm planning on blanking out a 60% and a 100% in addition to purchasing the base set.  Not sure if I'm the only one.  This set is almost up there with Hyperfuse in terms design, profile and color, IMO.  If it doesn't tip, it doesn't tip; might as well try.

I don't think it's smart to implement all of these blanks, my purpose is not to promote a cyan/grey blank SA keyset.

Most important blanks are already added.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #462 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 22:40:43 »
So lets just throw in reverse mods and whatever else it would take to have a complete set with the dark base and light colored legends while we are at it?

What do you think about the suggestion in OP?

EDIT: I'm just growing ideas in the garden of my mind.
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 August 2014, 22:54:01 by MiTo »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......

What do you think about the suggestion in OP?

I'm only interested in a dark keyset with light legeds, none of this different colors mods and alphas etc. Maybe some day!

Offline JinDesu

• * Destiny Supporter
Prefer the step kit as part of base, but don't mind either.
Someday somebody will best me, but it won't be today, and it won't be you.

Proud owner of a Filco Majestouch Cherry MX Blue Tenkeyless, KBT Race S, & Realforce 101

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
I don't know about anyone else here but I'm ready to order this baby as is.

It's about as perfect as it could be, 2-colour (predominantly darker) set ready for any keyboard to use.  MiTo this has to get fronted soon to Melissa for manufacture  :thumb: .

Offline 01111000

« Reply #466 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 23:05:54 »

I don't think it's smart to implement all of these blanks, my purpose is not to promote a cyan/grey blank SA keyset.

Most important blanks are already added.

I understand that, but this would allow for the extreme customization of Pulse, while still being Pulse.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
I don't know about anyone else here but I'm ready to order this baby soon.

It's about as perfect as it could be, 2-colour set ready for any keyboard to use.  MiTo this has to get fronted soon to Melissa for manufacture  :thumb: .

The low profile of the Row-3 F-Row in all-cyan in contrast with the tall Row-1 Numrow on grey is gonna look nice.

EDIT: May offer the original version, with a cyan F-Row stripe if people don't like the idea. Standing by for feedback.
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 August 2014, 00:23:32 by MiTo »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
I think it's best to just wait for Matt3o to run the SA Retro GB. I've bought into Nuclear Green on the off chance of getting a sculpted kit later, but I think the only surefire way of getting a 3-1-2-3-4-3 SA set is from SA Retro. We still have to wait for SP to make the R4 shift key molds.

YES SA Retro would be absolutely nice because the DSA version I've got is still being used on a few keyboards (thanks Matt).  Because there are a few SA profiles being run I'm all in to get those as well, as long as I can get ready made SA goodness is all the matters.

When everything gets sorted within a future time frame don't be naive to think that everyone will run those SA profiles with the exact same designs/colours.  If an SA is being offered now, jump on it  8) .

Offline justnits

Someone give a 3-1-2-3-4-3 to jd PLEASE!

If no one wants to, I may do it myself, or with the help of another interested party.

you can run it through the ctrlalt system if you want good sir, just take care of the thread, we can do the rest

I've got another design. I already mentioned it. If you guys... (Airborne Keyset).

Mito, did you lock your IC thread?
| | | |
Ducky DK9008 Shine 2 Gateron Red w/ Korean 55g gold lubed spring & custom LED | Ergodox with Aluminium top plate | IBM Model M SSK | GHPad | GON's Nerd TKL | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX Blue
[Sold]Keycool 87 PBT White Cherry MX Blue | [Sold]ikbc F-104 Cherry MX Brown

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
Peeps?!

Offline feizor

I don't know about anyone else here but I'm ready to order this baby soon.

It's about as perfect as it could be, 2-colour set ready for any keyboard to use.  MiTo this has to get fronted soon to Melissa for manufacture  :thumb: .

The low profile of the Row-3 F-Row in all-cyan in contrast with the tall Row-1 Numrow on grey is gonna look nice.

EDIT: May offer the original version, with a cyan F-Row stripe if people don't like the idea. Standing by for feedback.

I think this is a good idea. With the purchase of the optional F-row stripe, you can get two very different looks for only $5 extra (assuming we make it to the 25 tier). If the price difference between the 8 F keys and the full 12 F keys is not too much, I would say include all 12 instead of just 8 for the stripe kit.

Personally I prefer the full cyan F-row.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
75636-0

:-*

Offline Data

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
(Attachment Link)

:-*

Ew.  No thanks.

It's fine really I don't need to spend anymore money on keysets right now. :thumb:

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
I think you should leave the base set exactly as is. That is the "traditional" way of coloring the F-row, with the contrasting color only on Esc, F5-F8, and PrtSc/ScrLk/Pause.

If some people want a full cyan F-row, you can offer the F1-F4 and F9-F12 pack in cyan. Simple. :)
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline bianco

any possibility of the novelty R3 keys being sold separately?
for people that would like the novelty keys without having to buy the pack again?

Offline JinDesu

• * Destiny Supporter
I think you should leave the base set exactly as is. That is the "traditional" way of coloring the F-row, with the contrasting color only on Esc, F5-F8, and PrtSc/ScrLk/Pause.

If some people want a full cyan F-row, you can offer the F1-F4 and F9-F12 pack in cyan. Simple. :)

Completely agreeing with this right here.

Proud owner of a Filco Majestouch Cherry MX Blue Tenkeyless, KBT Race S, & Realforce 101

Offline Data

Sweet.   :thumb:

Edit: Mito -- keep the Halfadox but still offer the blanks and you will have all your bases covered.

« Last Edit: Tue, 26 August 2014, 09:28:27 by Data »

Offline feizor

This could also work.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい

But don't you think we could set a new parameter with PuLSE, by offering something new as "Base"? And if people are looking for a classic look, they could just buy the classic F-Row kit for $7 or something.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
any possibility of the novelty R3 keys being sold separately?
for people that would like the novelty keys without having to buy the pack again?

Are you talking about the Red, Green and Orange ones? I don't want to split them because they would be really cheap, and people would be able to buy a ton of them and actually replace the Novelty pack entirely. These three keys are just alternate Esc keys.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator

But don't you think we could set a new parameter with PuLSE, by offering something new as "Base"? And if people are looking for a classic look, they could just buy the classic F-Row kit for $7 or something.

You could do that, if you choose. Obviously it's your group buy to manage. But I personally think it looks ugly. I think most people expect it to have the alternating color look, especially since you're doing contrasting color mods as standard.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい

You could do that, if you choose. Obviously it's your group buy to manage. But I personally think it looks ugly. I think most people expect it to have the alternating color look, especially since you're doing contrasting color mods as standard.

That's what I thought, people are already expecting for an alternate colored layout. It won't be nice to suddenly change it. I believe that the balance in this situation is to offer the F1-F4/F9-F12 in cyan for the whoever wants it. $7 is a very good price.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
Also, there are few keys that need work on their rows.

Below, what I think we should change:

- Up Arrow key currently on Row 3 -> Change to Row 2;
- Left, Down and Right Arrow keys currently on Row 3 -> Change to Row 4;
- "Insert row" keys (Base and a Novelty) currently on Row 1 -> Change to Row 2;
- "Delete row" keys (Base and Novelty) currently on Row 2 -> Change to Row 4.

If we look at the Space Cadet Keyset, these keys are all Row 3 and it looks terrible imo. It has concave alphas and an all flat modifier row. I think it's wise to apply the curved feel to the modifiers as well in order to achieve a regular look. I guess everybody will agree with that.

If you look at this picture of the Space Cadet, you'll notice the details I want to fix.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator

If we look at the Space Cadet Keyset, these keys are all Row 3 and it looks terrible imo. It has concave alphas and an all flat modifier row. I think it's wise to apply the curved feel to the modifiers as well in order to achieve a regular look. I guess everybody will agree with that.

If you look at this picture of the Space Cadet, you'll notice the details I want to fix.
Show Image

I would leave all the "nav" keys in the base set as row 3 profile. Add a "Contoured Nav Pack" option, with those row 2/4 keys as you suggested.

The row 3 modifier row (bottom row) is to better match the profile of the spacebar.

in memoriam

Offline Data

Show Image

I think I'd prefer if the Ins and Del row keys matched the profile of their corresponding row, as you've got it now.  The change as you've proposed it here sounds a bit extreme.

The arrow keys are less of an issue for me, but having them all R3 seems like a better choice.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
I don't think you guys could see the image I was talking about.

Flat nav keys look weird, IMO, don't you think?

Cause we will end up with curved alphas popping out of the board and all flat navs...

Edit: I wanted to keep the curved concept to every cluster on the board, instead of applying it to the entire row. That's why I mentioned the idea.
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 August 2014, 12:29:44 by MiTo »

Offline JinDesu

• * Destiny Supporter
Agreed that they look weird

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
Agreed that they look weird

It's super weird, I'll provide a mockup when I get home. You guys will understand.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator

Cause we will end up with curved alphas popping out of the board and all flat navs...

Show Image

Yeah, I saw that image. I still think I prefer the way it is now to your proposed change. I wouldn't mind the R2/R4 arrows, but I don't know if everyone would like them that way.

I think the 6-key area in that image is using DCS keycaps, not SA.

in memoriam

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
MiTo just go with your gut do what you want it's your set if it sells it sells if not then move on.

Offline Data

Show Image

Edit: I wanted to keep the curved concept to every cluster on the board, instead of applying it to the entire row. That's why I mentioned the idea.

I don't understand.  What are you calling "navs" here?

The board in your photo has all flat mods.  We don't have that.  The only row that was a problem was the Shift row, but we agreed(?) that it was a reasonable compromise.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい

The board in your photo has all flat mods.  We don't have that.  The only row that was a problem was the Shift row, but we agreed(?) that it was a reasonable compromise.

Navs is the "Home" key cluster. The block that features 6 keys.

Yes, we don't have flat mods, but their rows are not in harmony. We have a tall Row 1 insert and a lower Row 2 Delete. That's weird. This cluster should have the concave concept we'll have on the alphas, and the only way I see we achieving that, is by making the Insert row on Row 2 and Delete row on Row 4.

Like the wooden part of a skateboard.

Offline Data

Yes, we don't have flat mods, but their rows are not in harmony. We have a tall Row 1 insert and a lower Row 2 Delete. That's weird. This cluster should have the concave concept we'll have on the alphas, and the only way I see we achieving that, is by making the Insert row on Row 2 and Delete row on Row 4.

Row2 Del matches the Row2 backslash key that it's right next to.  And also matches the NumPad 7 row if you happen to have a NumPad.  It's going to look even stranger if you try to get a contrasting bowl shape out of just those 6 keys.  I guess I don't see the problem that you're trying to solve here.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい

Row2 Del matches the Row2 backslash key that it's right next to.  And also matches the NumPad 7 row if you happen to have a NumPad.  It's going to look even stranger if you try to get a contrasting bowl shape out of just those 6 keys.  I guess I don't see the problem that you're trying to solve here.

Show Image

I understand what you said, as we have 2 ways to go with the alignment.

1) By Row;
2) By Cluster;

What I'm envisioning is something more "clean" an "harmonized" with the Row 2 Ins / Row 4 Del.  Look on that picture how good the arrow keys look in Row 2 for Up and Row 4 for the others. Now apply the same to the Insert cluster. Don't you think it would be better? Also, the Numpad is bigger, as it goes from Row 1 all the way to Row 4. So the Numpad, by itself, as a cluster, naturally features the skateboard shape concept.

I know it may sound confusing and strange my explanation, but as Spam mentioned, I think I'll go with my gut.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
This will do the job.

EDIT: However, after staring at my keyboard and at some pictures for half an hour, I figured out that the Insert/Del Row is not a problem. They can follow the Backspace and Backslash profile, in order to transmit the angled look to the Numpad (for 100%ers). If you're a TKL dude, you'd still get a nice look from the way things are right now. What's annoying me is the Arrow Cluster. Which is fixed below.

Anyway, we're going to stick with Row 3 on the Up Arrow. And in the future, launch a Row 4 Up key with the Row 4 Shifts. Just wanted to make sure you guys could understand my considerations.
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 August 2014, 22:43:11 by MiTo »

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
FYI, I don't even care about the colorway or the specialty legends. I really don't even care about the Cherry replica legends. All I care about is sculpted SA profile. If this set is done in a "no compromises" way, I'll buy in, possibly heavily. But a compromised row profile, and I'm out completely.

I think it's best to just wait for Matt3o to run the SA Retro GB. I've bought into Nuclear Green on the off chance of getting a sculpted kit later, but I think the only surefire way of getting a 3-1-2-3-4-3 SA set is from SA Retro. We still have to wait for SP to make the R4 shift key molds. Anyway, the only caps I'm getting before SA Retro will be Bunny's GMK Hyperfuse. At least that's my current intention....

We are a couple of months away from the Shift Row 4 tooling, Melissa confirmed me. She doesn't even have an estimated date, I mailed her today. If you want to wait, that's perfectly fine! I'm pretty sure Matt3o will come up with great stuff as always.

However, if you like PuLSE and the Shift keys are bothering you, don't worry!

We'll run a MiniGB in the future featuring the Shift keys and Up Arrow key on Row 4.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
Re: [IC] PuLSE SA Keyset (LAST DAY TO VOTE - WE'RE READY!)
« Reply #498 on: Tue, 26 August 2014, 23:19:07 »
Updated OP. I believe we're ready to go.

Offline feizor

Re: [IC] PuLSE SA Keyset (LAST DAY TO VOTE - WE'RE READY!)
« Reply #499 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 03:52:24 »
This will do the job.

Show Image

EDIT: However, after staring at my keyboard and at some pictures for half an hour, I figured out that the Insert/Del Row is not a problem. They can follow the Backspace and Backslash profile, in order to transmit the angled look to the Numpad (for 100%ers). If you're a TKL dude, you'd still get a nice look from the way things are right now. What's annoying me is the Arrow Cluster. Which is fixed below.

Show Image

Anyway, we're going to stick with Row 3 on the Up Arrow. And in the future, launch a Row 4 Up key with the Row 4 Shifts. Just wanted to make sure you guys could understand my considerations.

Yep I think left, down and right arrows should definitely be the same profile profile as the bottom row modifiers otherwise it would look weird in a 75% or 1800 layout.