Author Topic: [IC] Cospar SA (GB DEC 1st! - NEW GB FORMAT!)  (Read 72203 times)

Offline Alex528

• HELLO YES I LIKE CLICKY KEYBOARD YES VERY NICE
Re: [IC] Cospar SA (GB LIVE ON W1 DECEMBER! - VOTE NOW!)
« Reply #200 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 14:48:14 »
People need to get off their high horses. Somebody wants to copy a product in huge demand with very small supply. I think that they are helping out people like me who want the designs but don't want to spend stupid amounts of money on them. Sue me.

"All that matters is me and what I can get for the price I wish to pay, so get off your high horse."
I'm a poor high school student, have mercy ;-;

If I had an excess of money I'm sure my opinion would be different.

Poker 2, SP PBT DSA, MX Blues.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #201 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 14:50:16 »
thats a bull**** excuse. if i cant afford it its not for me. im not going to beg an ******* to make fakes for me.

No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #202 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 14:53:45 »
Here we go again.

Hoffman, could you please?

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #203 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 14:55:51 »
People need to get off their high horses. Somebody wants to copy a product in huge demand with very small supply. I think that they are helping out people like me who want the designs but don't want to spend stupid amounts of money on them. Sue me.

"All that matters is me and what I can get for the price I wish to pay, so get off your high horse."

The correct answer is "It's too hard to get a horse off when it's high"

Offline Alex528

• HELLO YES I LIKE CLICKY KEYBOARD YES VERY NICE
« Reply #204 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 14:57:14 »

The correct answer is "It's too hard to get a horse off when it's high"
I, uh..... I guess that makes sense.

Poker 2, SP PBT DSA, MX Blues.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #205 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 15:07:05 »
Here we go again.

no, he's too busy with important things to waste his time with unimportant things like bad looking keyset interest checks or to be your nursemaid.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #206 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 15:08:07 »

I am not doing any favours here... however, in acting as a moderator, I feel it is appropriate to re-post this message here:

Alright guys, I think the point has been made here.  I have no issues with the content of the recent posts in this thread (sharing information and alerting people is good), but ultimately this thread should remain as a place for updates pertaining to the GB.  Please keep all information related to fake keycaps to their designated threads, from here on out.

My personal opinions fall extremely close (read: occupying the same space) to the others expressed here, minus the comments on Cospar itself (I haven't actually looked at it yet).  But that's neither here nor there.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #207 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 15:21:07 »

I am not doing any favours here... however, in acting as a moderator, I feel it is appropriate to re-post this message here:

Alright guys, I think the point has been made here.  I have no issues with the content of the recent posts in this thread (sharing information and alerting people is good), but ultimately this thread should remain as a place for updates pertaining to the GB.  Please keep all information related to fake keycaps to their designated threads, from here on out.

My personal opinions fall extremely close (read: occupying the same space) to the others expressed here, minus the comments on Cospar itself (I haven't actually looked at it yet).  But that's neither here nor there.

Thank you, Hoffman.

For all of you that decided to suddenly attack Cospar's design without a decent reason, that's actually a very easy way to solve that.

It's called Delay + F4.

But if you don't like the design and have good ideas or suggestions, in order to improve it, this space is wide open to you, as you already know.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #208 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 16:04:27 »
Melissa answered my email and I believe we'll have the MOQ as following:

Alphas 25 - $35
Colepar 10 - $ ? (Needs redesign to cover all of the Alphas, not sure about the prices yet.)
Dvoryke 10 - $ ? (Same above.)
Modifiers 50 - $57

And the rest would be priced at the same as it is right now.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #209 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 22:41:15 »
Just wanted to say that your little "boycott" is not going to work.

Because:

1) I don't make a single dollar with keycaps like some of you do (flamers that invaded this thread) and because of that I've got nothing to lose;
2) You're boycotting Cospar for nothing. It didn't do anything to deserve a boycott. It's simply a cute SA keyset designed by me;
3) You want to boycott my desings because I said that I would support K3 with his eventually new original designs (nothing wrong with this) and because you hate me;
4) A lot of people like Cospar and you guys are boycotting it because you want me to quit.
5) You want me to quit because PuLSE hurt profits and that's bad to you (it was $60, while SA's go for $80+ so you can profit i.e. Ctrl.Alts Penumbra);
6) There's nothing wrong with you profiting. Just design something good enough to beat me;
7) I will not quit and I won't stop making designs and offering people good and less expensive stuff via PMK. Cospar isn't my last project (even if it fails);
8 ) I'm not afraid of you that hate me, for whatever reason. Some of you stalk me everywhere and search pretty much 24/7 for a mistake of mine here or on /r/MK to expose me to the community so people can flame (example below). And yes, I'm talking to you nubbinator (I will PM you soon, you've got a lot to read m8) and a feel others.
9) For all of you that came here and said that Cospar looks sh1t and nothing else, I'm very glad you're gone. You just came here to flame. Stay wherever you are.

I'm sorry if you didn't need to read this.

Really sorry, but I needed to make this clear for some people.

Cospar is doing great on PMK and this Groub Buy will launch on the first week of December, 2014, like it or not.

Tomorrow I will bring more updates, regarding prices.

I've got to redesign the Dvorak and Colemak kits in order to make them easier to tip, for you.

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #210 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 22:44:00 »
I have been really looking forward to a SA set after finding some in my crap bag and enjoying the profile. However

#boycotted
sell out and eat ass

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #211 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 22:49:30 »
I have been really looking forward to a SA set after finding some in my crap bag and enjoying the profile. However

#boycotted

Why are you boycotting Cospar?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #212 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 22:49:48 »
Blah, blah, blah. Crap keycap set is crap. Hope no one buys it.

Just go peddle your BS at reddit. We don't want you here, either.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #213 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 22:56:32 »

Cross your fingers really tight, then.
Or maybe not too tight, as you need'em to code you a decent website.

"We don't want you here, either."

Who do you think you are? Do you think yourself is capable of representing this entire community on your own?
House yourself in your insignificance, little jerk.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #214 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 23:07:42 »

Who do you think you are? Do you think yourself is capable of representing this entire community on your own?

Cool story, bro.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline limitz

• "the old gods stir and will not let me sleep..."
« Reply #215 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 23:09:34 »

Cool story, bro.

Wow you're obnoxious. Your line "we don't want you here either" is so childish and immature.

Grow up. Either physically, mentally, or both.

At the end of the day, the set will succeed (or fail) regardless of the opinions of a select few.  Some people here certainly think they're more influential than they actually are.

Case in point: Decked Out. Saw so many people here, especially from CtrlAlt, whine and complain, even going as far as snitching on the creator to Github. Completely flooding the PMK GB thread with inane comments. However, at the end of the day, every single kit tipped, and the set itself did better than Midnight.
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 October 2014, 23:14:42 by limitz »
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #216 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 23:12:39 »
8 ) I'm not afraid of you that hate me, for whatever reason. Some of you stalk me everywhere and search pretty much 24/7 for a mistake of mine here or on /r/MK to expose me to the community so people can flame (example below). And yes, I'm talking to you nubbinator (I will PM you soon, you've got a lot to read m8) and a feel others.

I don't stalk you.  Far from it in fact.  You're nowhere near that important to me and I wouldn't waste my time on you doing that, not when I have better things to do with my life.

I saw the thread in question because of the counterfeit Bro thread posted in off topic and saw HendyZone's screenshot of Reddit.  I went to see what the drama was, saw your comment, and called out the one person I recognized on here.  All the other Geekhackers I recognized the names of were speaking out against the counterfeiter.  If anyone else I knew was a member here supported the counterfeiter, I would have publicly shamed them as well.  I just find it despicable to try to use GH to promote yourself and your stuff (regardless of whether you make money off of it or not) while saying that you don't care about the IP of established members here.  Part of community is supporting the community and the members of it. 

Feel free to PM me whatever, I'll ignore it.  In any case, I'm done here and won't be posting any more in your thread.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #217 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 23:12:47 »
Cool story, bro.

Don't you open your mouth on my threads anymore, you can't communicate in a constructive way. Everything you said here is irrelevant, flamer.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #218 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 23:14:01 »

Cool story, bro.

Jesus you're obnoxious. Your line "we don't want you here either" is so childish and immature.

LMAO. Aww, did I hurt your feelings by being rude to your friend? Well, you're free to join him in going back to reddit. Then you won't have to be exposed to such "childish" behavior.

in memoriam

Offline limitz

• "the old gods stir and will not let me sleep..."
« Reply #219 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 23:16:28 »

Cool story, bro.

Jesus you're obnoxious. Your line "we don't want you here either" is so childish and immature.

LMAO. Aww, did I hurt your feelings by being rude to your friend? Well, you're free to join him in going back to reddit. Then you won't have to be exposed to such "childish" behavior.

I don't even know the guy. I just think you're acting like a child. He's right, you don't represent everyone on GH, and saying "we don't want you here" is elementary playground bull****.
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #220 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 23:16:49 »
I don't stalk you.  Far from it in fact.  You're nowhere near that important to me and I wouldn't waste my time on you doing that, not when I have better things to do with my life.

I saw the thread in question because of the counterfeit Bro thread posted in off topic and saw HendyZone's screenshot of Reddit.  I went to see what the drama was, saw your comment, and called out the one person I recognized on here.  All the other Geekhackers I recognized the names of were speaking out against the counterfeiter.  If anyone else I knew was a member here supported the counterfeiter, I would have publicly shamed them as well.  I just find it despicable to try to use GH to promote yourself and your stuff (regardless of whether you make money off of it or not) while saying that you don't care about the IP of established members here.  Part of community is supporting the community and the members of it. 

Feel free to PM me whatever, I'll ignore it.  In any case, I'm done here and won't be posting any more in your thread.

Get out.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #221 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 23:21:50 »
I don't even know the guy. I just think you're acting like a child. He's right, you don't represent everyone on GH, and saying "we don't want you here" is elementary playground bull****.

Oh, wow. You're so right. I can't believe I posted that. Because so many people have come out in supporting MiTo and his behavior. I was totally wrong that GH members don't want him around if he behaves as he is. Supporting counterfeiting and acting with disrespect to other members in these threads.

in memoriam

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #222 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 23:25:04 »

Get out.

Top kek.

Like you have even half as much relevance as the people telling you to do the same.

Your set looks bad, your last set wasn't some second rendition of the mona lisa that you seem deluded enough to think it is (it's seriously not hard to get a black/blue colorway to tip ever) and this egotism to boot.  Back to not existing to me you go.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #223 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 23:26:03 »
Oh, wow. You're so right. I can't believe I posted that. Because so many people have come out in supporting MiTo and his behavior. I was totally wrong that GH members don't want him around if he behaves as he is. Supporting counterfeiting and acting with disrespect to other members in these threads.

Disrespect me and I disrespect you.

Now shut the hell up and quit the thread like your other buddies already did.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #224 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 23:27:47 »
Damn I just read this thread and it's hilarious. The last like 30 comments need to just be nuked. All I will say is that the community is diverse and has different interests. If you like Mitos designs then buy his stuff, and if you don't, don't buy it and don't say a word. We don't need personal attacks here or having anyone get defensive.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #225 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 23:28:29 »
Damn I just read this thread and it's hilarious. The last like 30 comments need to just be nuked. All I will say is that the community is diverse and has different interests. If you like Mitos designs then buy his stuff, and if you don't, don't buy it and don't say a word. We don't need personal attacks here or having anyone get defensive.

Listen to this man.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #226 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 23:30:02 »

If you haven't figured it out yet, you are the one instigating the hostile posts. Maybe if you would think before you post for once, you might avoid sounding like a douchebag. Trying to defend yourself with circular arguments about posts you wrote at reddit, and which are there for all to see, only makes you more reviled.

in memoriam

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #227 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 23:34:04 »
If you haven't figured it out yet, you are the one instigating the hostile posts. Maybe if you would think before you post for once, you might avoid sounding like a douchebag. Trying to defend yourself with circular arguments about posts you wrote at reddit, and which are there for all to see, only makes you more reviled.

Dude are you blind? I already told you that I'm done with you.

I'm not asking for your advice or opinion, just do me a favor and quit this thread.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #228 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 23:37:48 »
I'm not asking for your advice or opinion, just do me a favor and quit this thread.

I'm not doing you any favors anymore. I helped you with the PuLSE keyset, and I now regret to have done so, after seeing your true colors.

This discussion is relevant, because people need to be aware of the type of person they are entrusting to lead their group buy.

in memoriam

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #229 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 23:39:00 »

Coming from a neutral standpoint and being newish to the community, I honestly feel both sides (mito + recent r/mk migrators and the long time GH leaders) are in the wrong. This is a childish argument and should stop now. I sympathize with the existing community and that there has been a huge influx of new users who don't understand the history of GH, and I'm sure that is very frustrating especially with new competition. But at the same time Mito is a new comer who has a passion for mechanical keyboards and keysets just like the rest of us, and he just like the rest of the group buy leaders needs to get started somewhere. Also mito you should change your avatar, it is childish and if you have ever dealt with BunnyLake you would know he is really one of the most upstanding members of this community.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #230 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 23:47:38 »

This discussion is relevant, because people need to be aware of the type of person they are entrusting to lead their group buy.

WHOAH, CALM DOWN EVERYBODY.

We need Gandhi himself to "lead" a group buy nowadays (read submit a drawing to PMK).

Let's bring this huge leader of the human kind to GH so we can have a keyset going on, and we shall all succeed with pride of our great leader.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #231 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 23:49:53 »
Boycotted.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #232 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 23:51:15 »
Coming from a neutral standpoint and being newish to the community, I honestly feel both sides (mito + recent r/mk migrators and the long time GH leaders) are in the wrong. This is a childish argument and should stop now. I sympathize with the existing community and that there has been a huge influx of new users who don't understand the history of GH, and I'm sure that is very frustrating especially with new competition. But at the same time Mito is a new comer who has a passion for mechanical keyboards and keysets just like the rest of us, and he just like the rest of the group buy leaders needs to get started somewhere. Also mito you should change your avatar, it is childish and if you have ever dealt with BunnyLake you would know he is really one of the most upstanding members of this community.

Bunny did this avatar on the other thread and suggested that I should use it. Because he's an outstanding member of this community, I couldn't deny such a personal request.

However, because you are far more relevant to me than he is, I'll change my avatar right now, as you suggested.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #233 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 00:02:51 »
You've got to be careful here on Geekhack if anyone defames REDDIT.  Hence you are now targeted by those same scumbags  8) .

REDDIT lovers can go suck their own arses, in fact go back to their respective website and be happy in complaining about GH forever on, because we here don't care one bit on anything they have to whinge about  :)) .

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #234 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 00:11:21 »
The party is over.

I will not answer to flamers or trolls anymore. Their only point here is to derail this Group Buy by making me look unreliable.

They are failling hard, because my previous project succeeded very well thanks to the nice GH members, /r/MK, DT and of course Signature Plastics.

We'll do the same with Cospar, as I'm taking care of every single detail you can imagine about this keyset.

Everything so you can have something nice on your desk, in a couple of months.

PuLSE was first presented on August 15th and it's being manufactured as we speak. By the end of November, shipping will conclude. It was 60% the price of a regular SA keyset. It took 4 months for it to go from a rough sketch on my LCD to one of the most incredible SA keysets ever seen, on people's desk.

Other keysets were presented almost one year ago and their shipping is still running - can you believe it?!

Believe me, you can trust me and PMK. Let's talk about Cospar.

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #235 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 01:54:24 »
The party is over.

I will not answer to flamers or trolls anymore. Their only point here is to derail this Group Buy by making me look unreliable.

They are failling hard, because my previous project succeeded very well thanks to the nice GH members, /r/MK, DT and of course Signature Plastics.

We'll do the same with Cospar, as I'm taking care of every single detail you can imagine about this keyset.

Everything so you can have something nice on your desk, in a couple of months.

PuLSE was first presented on August 15th and it's being manufactured as we speak. By the end of November, shipping will conclude. It was 60% the price of a regular SA keyset. It took 4 months for it to go from a rough sketch on my LCD to one of the most incredible SA keysets ever seen, on people's desk.

Other keysets were presented almost one year ago and their shipping is still running - can you believe it?!

Believe me, you can trust me and PMK. Let's talk about Cospar.

I don't think anyone is trying to make you look unreliable.  Hypocritical, yes.  You can't run a job or business and expect your public statements to not affect your customers or support.  Imagine if a large company(say Google, Apple, etc) came out and said something like they think slave labor is a good thing as long as it gets customers cheaper stuff.  Not a great example, but I have **** to do and not much time. 

Obviously there is going to be a difference between reddit and here.  Reddit is a collection of mediocrity on almost all fronts.  Which isn't a bad thing necessarily since it gets many people exposed to the subject, but it also means that people are usually a bit uninformed and are usually beginners.  Forums tend to have a higher level of dedication, support and information, but it means that they have a strong culture that people may not understand from the outside and hold strong views. 
Hi :)

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #236 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 02:24:49 »
You've got to be careful here on Geekhack if anyone defames REDDIT.  Hence you are now targeted by those same scumbags  8) .

REDDIT lovers can go suck their own arses, in fact go back to their respective website and be happy in complaining about GH forever on, because we here don't care one bit on anything they have to whinge about  :)) .

Reddit isn't the one competing with GH it is the r/mechanicalkeyboard subreddit specifically. Just to clear that up.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #237 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 04:04:38 »
Reddit isn't the one competing with GH it is the r/mechanicalkeyboard subreddit specifically. Just to clear that up.

Never been to Reddit hence I only hear from the negative responses from current Geekhackers who sometimes frequent that site.  Suppose I let loose my own ignorance here painting every Reddit user with the same brush.

Only ever drop by here on Geekhack when I've got spare time to waste hence my understanding of every aspect and subject that is affecting people here is somewhat lacking.  Also  understand that MiTo isn't some jerk here to cause problems for anyone instead he's probably a young person (my guess only) who didn't understand that voicing any type of opinion here on Geekhack could back fire and cause problems.

Hence a little forgiveness can go a long way instead of being another place to lynch and burn someone because of a mistake or subject matter being voiced (have no idea what the issues are but I'm sure it's not life threatening or nasty in any way).  Of course I'm not ever running any type of Group Buy where the lynchers with pitchforks can hunt me down or threaten me in any way (not that I would personally care in real life) but MiTO is most probably a young person who regrets what he might of said and deserves some forgiveness.

When you're young you always say some regrettable things, just like the abusers here who have had time to think about their own over the top responses.  Hence everyone cool down this shouldn't be a place to burn people because of what was said elsewhere.  Don't let Geekhack degenerate into something out of Reddit's keyboard division then we can no longer pretend to be a BETTER place then any other nasty forum out there on the web.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #238 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 06:35:29 »
if you could stop spouting ****ing lies about me to promote your rebranded copy cat bull**** id appreciate it

I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #239 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 07:31:43 »

I don't think anyone is trying to make you look unreliable.  Hypocritical, yes.  You can't run a job or business and expect your public statements to not affect your customers or support.  Imagine if a large company(say Google, Apple, etc) came out and said something like they think slave labor is a good thing as long as it gets customers cheaper stuff.  Not a great example, but I have **** to do and not much time. 

I see what you're talking about, but I shouldn't behave like a company, since I'm not one. I'm a single individual with unpolished ideas that have potential to become very good, with your help.

Also, I agree that Reddit can be a little too noisy sometimes and that forums are completely different. Visions were too strong here for me to change them, and I'm taking about K3. Well, turns out that he's also a silly bastard, as it seems, so I don't really know if I should spend more time talking about him.

Probably not, but that's not my focus as currently, I'm working on improving the idea suggested in this thread, nothing else.

And that's what I'll keep doing.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #240 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 07:37:50 »

Never been to Reddit hence I only hear from the negative responses from current Geekhackers who sometimes frequent that site.  Suppose I let loose my own ignorance here painting every Reddit user with the same brush.

Only ever drop by here on Geekhack when I've got spare time to waste hence my understanding of every aspect and subject that is affecting people here is somewhat lacking.  Also  understand that MiTo isn't some jerk here to cause problems for anyone instead he's probably a young person (my guess only) who didn't understand that voicing any type of opinion here on Geekhack could back fire and cause problems.

Hence a little forgiveness can go a long way instead of being another place to lynch and burn someone because of a mistake or subject matter being voiced (have no idea what the issues are but I'm sure it's not life threatening or nasty in any way).  Of course I'm not ever running any type of Group Buy where the lynchers with pitchforks can hunt me down or threaten me in any way (not that I would personally care in real life) but MiTO is most probably a young person who regrets what he might of said and deserves some forgiveness.

When you're young you always say some regrettable things, just like the abusers here who have had time to think about their own over the top responses.  Hence everyone cool down this shouldn't be a place to burn people because of what was said elsewhere.  Don't let Geekhack degenerate into something out of Reddit's keyboard division then we can no longer pretend to be a BETTER place then any other nasty forum out there on the web.

The hunt is over, I suppose, they will eventually show up and troll/flame a little bit. But since they're doing this for the second time straight, now I know how to handle the situation. Turns out that the amazing member of this community are keeping me motivated to continue to deploy efforts and deliver you nice stuff, real quick.

/r/MK is a nice place, with friendly members and good content, just like GeekHack. There are differences of course, but both places are very good to share out appreciation for mechanical keyboards.

And as long as it stay that way, I'll be a part of both communities, as an enthusiast and content creator.

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #241 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 07:42:22 »

Melrose geekhack >_<

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #242 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 08:08:50 »
so you piece of ****, you wanna run around the internet calling me bumlake, thats fine, we can play this game if you like

im just gonna draw a line in the sand here

anyone seen to be supporting/buying anything mito does from now, is banned from ctrlalt, that means banned from the store, giveaways, gbs and bro caps sales

you can say im being petty, but i dont want to deal with anyone who is either gullible enough to fall for this guys bull****, or complacent enough to deal with him anyway

if you wanna get an idea for who the person you are dealing with or defending is, just flick through his posts, every post will be one of 2 things, either him being a **** to people, or him blowing himself

if you wanna support the guy that made pulse a success, follow jd, if you want cospar, leave raindrop out in the sun for a few hours

I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #243 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 08:26:34 »
Obviously boycotted.

Though it's fun to watch people getting all big for their boots as they have run a group buy (through pmk) and they've got some sales (<100).

FWIW - /r/MK is not a nice place.
I got boards.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #245 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 09:16:40 »
Boycotted as well.

We don't want you or your "designs" here. Supporting cloners and ****ting on two members (jd and bunny) who regularly contribute more to this community in a single day than you could ever hope to in a lifetime is inexcusable. We could replace your "contributions" to this community with an algorithm that randomly chooses colors and profiles. Take you're totally unique and super original ideas and go peddle them to cesspool user base on /r/mk.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #246 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 09:25:16 »
Alright, I'm going to give a final reminder to take off-topic posts elsewhere.  I know we all have strong feelings towards this situation, but this IC is not the place.  The word is out for anyone considering joining this, and that's all that needs to be done in this thread.  Please take any further discussion to their relevant threads or to PMs.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #247 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 09:54:24 »

I think Colepar should be easy to tip as it's smaller and Colemak is very popular these days... I'm only worried about Dvoryke.
On the other hand, I don't think I've ever seen a sculpted layout for dvorak users ever so maybe it will sell well.

Agreed, setting the MOQ to 10 will make both Colepar and Dvoryke easier to tip. The price of both add-ons will increase by some margin, but I don't believe it's enough to hurt the sales.

Of course, since it doesn't seem to exist any sculptured Dvorak layouts out there, the one featured on Cospar should work well. However, as I mentioned before, both kits will need a redesign in order to completely cover the Alphas cluster.

Also, since now we'll have separate modifiers from Alphas, Dvorak and Colemak users should join the modifiers child deal, together with the QWERTYers out there.

That means savings to everybody, since we all need the same modifiers.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #248 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 10:22:51 »
Oh!

And I had an idea last night when I was revising some details, forgot to mention it.

I'll request PMK to add a key-cap puller child deal so that all of you that don't have nice key-pullers already, can grab a few.

I'm not sure if that's possible, because I don't know if PMK manufacture and sell keycap pullers anymore, or if they ever did. I'll contact Matt3o (since he did this with Granite) in order to see what's about it.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #249 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 10:40:01 »
so you piece of ****, you wanna run around the internet calling me bumlake, thats fine, we can play this game if you like

im just gonna draw a line in the sand here

anyone seen to be supporting/buying anything mito does from now, is banned from ctrlalt, that means banned from the store, giveaways, gbs and bro caps sales

you can say im being petty, but i dont want to deal with anyone who is either gullible enough to fall for this guys bull****, or complacent enough to deal with him anyway

if you wanna get an idea for who the person you are dealing with or defending is, just flick through his posts, every post will be one of 2 things, either him being a **** to people, or him blowing himself

if you wanna support the guy that made pulse a success, follow jd, if you want cospar, leave raindrop out in the sun for a few hours

Wonder how Elrick is going to cope since seems to support these SA keysets from MiTo with a fervor.