Author Topic: Got my Topre 103UB  (Read 11556 times)

Offline skyian

Got my Topre 103UB
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 21 June 2009, 22:47:56 »
I got an RF103UB and an RF103white (specially made for Taiwan User, PS/2 version. I guss they only made that for like..13-15 pieces) I also have filco with Brown swiches and black swithes.

It's fairly odd to me, cause we rarely discuss the different between Topre and filco in Taiwan or China. After all they use totally different skill to make keyboards. Hence the typing feel for Realforce is extremely different from Filco.

I always tell my friends if they want to buy a Topre keyboard, it's truly necessary for them to try it before. But since it's almost impossible in USA. I guess we could only describe how it feels on the web.
(Maybe that's because Taiwan is not a big island..LOL if you drive from the northest part to the southest part, it might takes you only 6-8 hours depending on the traffic)

Actually I find most of the keyboards which uses cherry switches are feel alike, for example like KBT, GP101, DAS 3, FILCO. There might be tiny differences but we tend to ignore it. (LOL)  Therefore we seldom discuss the difference between them. Instead we discuss more about their function.
My Own Keyboards:
RF 103 SILENT 30g, RF RGB, RF103black, RF103white, RF87UB, RF87WB, RF101, HHKB PRO2, Cherry with white, blue, brown, black, RED swithces...etc

WAITING FOR THE Ultimate Bluetooth converter for any keyboard.  Also the Beautiful GMK CAMPING Keycap.

Offline skyian

Got my Topre 103UB
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 22 June 2009, 13:39:35 »
i-rocks is a nice brand here.
its cheap price and nice outlook truly attracts lots of people here.
However, due to the cheap price, I wonder if they pay pretty much extra attention on the QC.
Hence from time to time there will be people arguing about their i-rocks keyboard just be broken easily.

At the same time, there are some other people insist that it's just because too many people buy i-rocks keyboards. The more people buy i-rocks keyboards, the more people may find their i-rocks keyboards broken. If i-rocks barely sells any keyboards, there will be no one arguing this problem. (LOL)

i-rocks warranty is good in Taiwan. Buyers don't have to worry about this part.
But we don't want to use that part..haha... We all hope our keyboard works perfectly fine with us for years.

Nevertheless, also owing to its cheap price, I personally don't care much about the product MIGHT be broken easily. Afterall it's quite cheap.  ^_^

Razer Deathadder is about 1800 NTD here. It's a high price mouse but its button just be broken so easily too. We all know that but we still buy it....

Woo... it's late here. Sorry for my English. Hope you guys could understand... ^_^
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 June 2009, 13:48:45 by skyian »
My Own Keyboards:
RF 103 SILENT 30g, RF RGB, RF103black, RF103white, RF87UB, RF87WB, RF101, HHKB PRO2, Cherry with white, blue, brown, black, RED swithces...etc

WAITING FOR THE Ultimate Bluetooth converter for any keyboard.  Also the Beautiful GMK CAMPING Keycap.

Offline wellington1869

Got my Topre 103UB
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 22 June 2009, 14:03:32 »
Quote from: ripster;98350
Thanks, understood you fine. Your comments were very helpful ........

Wait a second - where's that "report post" red triangle.  I keep jabbing it and nothing happens!

I like Keanu Reeves small toe.  That body part shows his widest range of acting expression.

lols

(this is why we need a thumbs up button.)

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

using: ms 7000/Das 3