Author Topic: Anyone know where i can get these keycaps  (Read 4774 times)

Offline rofelos

Anyone know where i can get these keycaps
« on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 15:10:25 »
I really llike these keycaps and i was wondering if anyone knew where i could get them or even the name?

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
Re: Anyone know where i can get these keycaps
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 15:23:53 »
Are those olivetti?
Fairly well known design, I think Tai Hao has that available.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 15:24:16 »
The picture is too small to determine accurately what they are.

Though one thing sticks out. The Caps Lock key is the same color as the alphanumericals. I remember this happening some time ago, but what exactly was it...

I think it may be an imsto set of PBT caps dye-subbed, but someone replaced the right shift with a short right shift, probably from SP. The arrow on it appears to be thinner like theirs does.

A bigger picture would be more helpful.

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 15:34:29 »
As the filename shows, it's from Gon's website

Maybe you can identify it now?

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 15:40:22 »
Thanks to asdfjkl36's info and the bigger picture, I can see I was correct. The set is as I stated.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 15:46:13 »

These are doubleshot tai hao and olivetti keycaps

Offline rofelos

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 15:52:46 »
thannnk you for all the replies, does anyone know where ic an purchase them tho

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 16:16:07 »
Show Image

They're not. Sorry.

thannnk you for all the replies, does anyone know where ic an purchase them tho

The imsto caps can be purchased from him by PMing him here, visiting his site (which you can ask him for...), or going to the classifieds to try to find a set. The matching SP right shift... do you need it? If not, then all you'll need is the imsto set. If you need the short right shift, that might prove harder to find. You could check their site and contact them to see if they have any available.

Perhaps another thing to do, IF you need the short shift, is to contact GON and ask him if he remembers the board and who it belonged to, and then try to get in touch with that person to see if they can help you with what they did.

IF you only want caps like that, being blue on offwhite/beige two-tone caps, you have a couple options. There is, of course, this PBT dyesubbed imsto set we're speaking of, but there is also an Olivetti set. This set, by GMK, is double-shot ABS. Colors are very similar.

What keyboard/layout are looking to put the caps on?

Offline rofelos

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 21:00:20 »
I am actually putting the keycaps on a gons keyboard like the one above

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 21:03:55 »
I am actually putting the keycaps on a gons keyboard like the one above

Is it just the color that interests you? Or are you interested in a certain type of material for the caps as well?

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 21:12:10 »
Show Image

They're not. Sorry.

I actually meant to say that was a picture of the olivetti that Tai Hao was selling, not that that was the exact same thing.
Tai Hao is cheap, but IMSTO is definitely better for the fact that they it's thick PBT (I think is also has better colours, but I am not sure on that one)

Offline rofelos

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 21:18:02 »
mainly just the color

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 23:24:16 »
Show Image

They're not. Sorry.

I actually meant to say that was a picture of the olivetti that Tai Hao was selling, not that that was the exact same thing.
Tai Hao is cheap, but IMSTO is definitely better for the fact that they it's thick PBT (I think is also has better colours, but I am not sure on that one)

My apologies. I didn't see your picture posted. I run NoScript, so your picture didn't appear to me. Now on my phone, I see your picture and what you meant. Once again, sorry.

If OP is only interested in the color scheme, that would be a fair option to suggest to him. Unfortunately, the hardest part to complete will be the short right shift...

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 14 September 2014, 10:42:58 »

My apologies. I didn't see your picture posted. I run NoScript, so your picture didn't appear to me. Now on my phone, I see your picture and what you meant. Once again, sorry.

If OP is only interested in the color scheme, that would be a fair option to suggest to him. Unfortunately, the hardest part to complete will be the short right shift...

I don't know if you saw, but the short shift is actually just a random SP 1.75x keycap, not an IMSTO one.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 14 September 2014, 13:26:53 »
I believe it is a mix of Imsto dyesub and SP

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 14 September 2014, 16:03:52 »

I don't know if you saw, but the short shift is actually just a random SP 1.75x keycap, not an IMSTO one.

Yes, I mentioned that in the first reply. Even with the Tai Hao caps that people keep pushing on OP, he'd still need to find a right shift key.

Honestly, if he managed to get the imsto set or the GMK olivetti set, he'd have a better match from a Cherry dyesubbed or doubleshot short right shift.