Author Topic: 60% question.  (Read 6393 times)

Offline jameslr

Re: 60% question.
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 16:22:15 »
I didn't like the original position of my Poker II's arrow keys, so I remapped them to the HHKB positions, and now it's great.

To the folks lamenting the default positions:
Did you forget the Poker II is programmable?

I didn't forget, no. It doesn't really matter where they are programmed. If you use the arrow keys a lot - which I do when SSH'd into a Linux box, having to hit FN at all is less than ideal. It can make it more tolerable though.
Out of curiosity...which shell and what use do you have for arrow keys? If it is just for history use then use ctrl p and ctrl n while in command mode (emacs).

Edit: didn't read the whole thread. Just noticed someone beat me to the punch.
CM Novatouch | Filco MJ2 TKL w/ HID Lib | REΛLFORCE 87U 55g | CM QFR

Offline janvkn

« Reply #51 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 16:36:27 »
You are wrong.  Please stop swinging your e-penis around.

OK.  Fine, kid, here is a picture of my e-penis...

Seriously man?

Oh well *shrug*

/conversation

Offline Bill_565

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 16:50:40 »
(New) Poker II user here. After seeing it suggested, I moved the FN key to the CapsLock button and I think it's great! I actually prefer the arrow cluster on the WASD keys, because now I don't have to move my hands as much. You should note however, that selecting text (Shift + arrow key) or any other command that requires an arrow key + another key is not going to be very convenient. I don't program or use any arrow-dependent activity, but I do use them a lot while typing/browsing. So to answer your original question, arrow keys are pretty easy to get used to and personally, I find their new position more ergonomic.

I just realized how often I use the F keys. I use alt+F4, F5 to refresh web browser, I use F1 and F2 for voting options in CS:GO, I use F3 to buy default buy-round loadout in CS:GO, I use F4 to buy previous items in CS:GO, and I use F5/F12 to take screenshots in steam. Based off of those facts, I at least need a 75% board, and I would want NKRO, and I am not finding any 75% NKRO boards out there.

There are two FN keys on the Poker II (one in each side), so hitting FN + a number key isn't any more difficult than usual. Again however, any command that requires an F key + another key is not going to be convenient.

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 03:41:35 »
$474 for an incomplete board!?  You may have gone too far.

I have two, soon to be three. :)

Offline vimx

• ENHANCE
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 08:26:55 »
$474 for an incomplete board!?  You may have gone too far.

I have two, soon to be three. :)

Geekhack would be a good study population:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impulse_control_disorder#Compulsive_shopping

Offline mreverything

« Reply #55 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 11:16:06 »