Author Topic: Looking to fufil my life with my keyboard love  (Read 1674 times)

Offline noppoolove

Looking to fufil my life with my keyboard love
« on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 17:48:54 »
hey everyone I hope I put this in the right spot sorry if I didn't but anyway here I go I have had several different mechanical keyboards in my life and I prefer them so much more to the rubber domes and after years of experimenting with all the brands and switches I could I realized my one true keyboard love the noppoo choc mini with red switches however there's one problem when I got this keyboard I bought the backlit one I didn't really know much about keycap materials at the time and didn't realize how quickly the black would rub off them so my plea to all of you wonderful folks on geekhack is: does anyone know where I can get keycaps to replace the ones I have and no they do not have to be lasered so that the backlight comes through I have no problem just turning it off although it is very important to me that they're the same profile as the other ones (they're rather small I believe only 6mm tall) Or can anyone help me find a place that has the noppoo choc mini in stock pref the non-backlit one that way i don't run into this problem for a while longer because these caps actually faded fairly quickly any and all help is more than appreciated Thanks!

TL;DR I have a noppoo choc mini and i love it with all my heart but the keycaps started to wear and need help finding replacement keycaps that are the same profile as the noppoo or an all new noppoo mini with red switches any and all help appreciated thanks!

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
Re: Looking to fufil my life with my keyboard love
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 18:27:12 »
nice fry
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline vimx

• ENHANCE
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 18:56:00 »
hey everyone I hope I put this in the right spot sorry if I didn't but anyway here I go I have had several different mechanical keyboards in my life and I prefer them so much more to the rubber domes and after years of experimenting with all the brands and switches I could I realized my one true keyboard love the noppoo choc mini with red switches however there's one problem when I got this keyboard I bought the backlit one I didn't really know much about keycap materials at the time and didn't realize how quickly the black would rub off them so my plea to all of you wonderful folks on geekhack is: does anyone know where I can get keycaps to replace the ones I have and no they do not have to be lasered so that the backlight comes through I have no problem just turning it off although it is very important to me that they're the same profile as the other ones (they're rather small I believe only 6mm tall) Or can anyone help me find a place that has the noppoo choc mini in stock pref the non-backlit one that way i don't run into this problem for a while longer because these caps actually faded fairly quickly any and all help is more than appreciated Thanks!

TL;DR I have a noppoo choc mini and i love it with all my heart but the keycaps started to wear and need help finding replacement keycaps that are the same profile as the noppoo or an all new noppoo mini with red switches any and all help appreciated thanks!

You should upgrade to a keyboard with a period and comma key. 

But seriously...  Welcome!  There is no limit to what you can buy for your keyboard here.

Well... The noppoo choc mini seems to have non-standard sizes, especially the space bar.  So maybe you can replace everything except that space bar.
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 September 2014, 19:26:47 by vimx »

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 01:40:54 »
The backlit Noppoo Choc Mini has those coated caps that wear quickly. The non-backlit one has thick POM caps that will last a LOT longer and feel better to use. So if you can find a non-backlit for a good price, buy that. Otherwise look for keycaps that you like the look of in Group Buys and Classifieds.  I believe the stock caps on the Choc Mini are Cherry profile, so if you want them to be the same height look for keycaps in that profile.  You'll have to buy that shapeways spacebar if you want to replace that, though.

I believe Signature Plastics have some used alphanumeric lasered POM caps sets that they are selling for a reasonable price: http://keyshop.pimpmykeyboard.com/products/specialty-custom-keys/cherry-g81-3000-keycaps-original-laser-etched-keys
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 02:50:07 »
Should have just got a KC84 that comes with POM caps anyway... ;)
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline noppoolove

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 19 September 2014, 01:33:49 »
just for the record i have the 2013 or 2014 version of the keyboard so the only keys that aren't standard is the spacebar and i already have the kc 84 but i didnt enjoy the switches as much i still got reds but for some reason the kc switches are far stiffer therefore not ideal

Offline noppoolove

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 19 September 2014, 01:37:42 »
The backlit Noppoo Choc Mini has those coated caps that wear quickly. The non-backlit one has thick POM caps that will last a LOT longer and feel better to use. So if you can find a non-backlit for a good price, buy that. Otherwise look for keycaps that you like the look of in Group Buys and Classifieds.  I believe the stock caps on the Choc Mini are Cherry profile, so if you want them to be the same height look for keycaps in that profile.  You'll have to buy that shapeways spacebar if you want to replace that, though.

I believe Signature Plastics have some used alphanumeric lasered POM caps sets that they are selling for a reasonable price: http://keyshop.pimpmykeyboard.com/products/specialty-custom-keys/cherry-g81-3000-keycaps-original-laser-etched-keys

thank you for that link do you know if those are cherry profile it doesn't specifically say although it does look like it

Offline xuanwumen

• * Commercial Vendor
    • EZKB
NIZ KEYBOARDS VENDOR

Offline noppoolove

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 02:16:36 »
Thank you to all who posted here i hope it can help some other noppoo lover in the same position as me fortunately i was able to find the non backlit version of the worlds best keyboard (imho) but thanks again for all the fast responses you're all great!!