Author Topic: Just a question..  (Read 1368 times)

Offline Adriel

• sample text
Just a question..
« on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 07:53:37 »
So I currently have a Poker II with browns and a Filco TKL with Reds and I have been doubting my descision quite some time now. The thing is I don't know my particular configuration is right. I feel that if I had gotten a Filco Majestouch TKL with Browns and the Poker II with Reds would be more balanced. Just this OCD inside me that is bugging me, and don't tell me to get all of them as I have exhausted all of my disposable income on keyboards (yes, wallethacked). I use all my keyboards for everything and I do not have a prefered keyswitch for typing or gaming I just switch them to whatever I feel like when I want to change a keyboard.
Which setup would you prefer?: Filco Majestouch TKL Reds + Poker II Browns OR Filco Majestouch TKL Browns + Poker II Reds? And why?
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 October 2014, 07:55:19 by Adriel »
ES-87 Gateron Red | Pok3r Blue

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 08:08:16 »
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 September 2015, 11:15:42 by esoomenona »

Offline Adriel

• sample text
Re: Just a question..
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 08:11:48 »
Can you tell us why you think you would prefer them on the opposite boards? It's your preference. I personally hate Browns and Reds, so I wouldn't prefer any board with either.

Apparently you don't use either board for anything in particular, thus you don't seem to have any ideal switch for a particular function, thus it's not easy to offer advice other than this: if you honestly feel like you would prefer each board to have the opposite switch, do the following:

Purchase a handful of Brown switches, from somewhere like mechanicalkeyboards.com. Get your hands on a soldering iron and some solder. Swap the switches between the two. The extra Browns are to cover the extra switches on the Filco, while that board will provide more than enough switches for your Poker.
Actually like I said I don't have any specific reason I would prefer the opposite boards, its just this little feeling inside you that tells you something is wrong when maybe in fact nothing is wrong.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 08:18:05 »
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 September 2015, 11:15:32 by esoomenona »

Offline Adriel

• sample text
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 09:35:10 »
I'm sure the feeling inside stems from something, though. Maybe you just need to search internally for what that is. But, if it really is nothing, then there is nothing wrong. If you have no preference on use of switch for anything in particular, then I don't understand the desire to switch them.
There is still this feeling inside me telling me something is wrong when I know nothing is wrong

Offline Tony

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 17 October 2014, 10:26:02 »
I have four types of switches in my collection plus BS and mostly I type only on brown, but I don't feel any uneasiness.

Do you prefer walking out of your house on your right or your left foot?
Keyboard: Filco MJ1 104 brown, Filco MJ2 87 brown, Compaq MX11800, Noppoo Choc Brown/Blue/Red, IBM Model M 1996, CMStorm Quickfire Rapid Black
Layout: Colemak experience, speed of 67wpm

Offline keyton

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 17 October 2014, 10:53:14 »
Can you tell us why you think you would prefer them on the opposite boards? It's your preference. I personally hate Browns and Reds, so I wouldn't prefer any board with either.

Apparently you don't use either board for anything in particular, thus you don't seem to have any ideal switch for a particular function, thus it's not easy to offer advice other than this: if you honestly feel like you would prefer each board to have the opposite switch, do the following:

Purchase a handful of Brown switches, from somewhere like mechanicalkeyboards.com. Get your hands on a soldering iron and some solder. Swap the switches between the two. The extra Browns are to cover the extra switches on the Filco, while that board will provide more than enough switches for your Poker.
Actually like I said I don't have any specific reason I would prefer the opposite boards, its just this little feeling inside you that tells you something is wrong when maybe in fact nothing is wrong.

Try antacids and a better post title.