Author Topic: GE Unicomp Model M  (Read 2389 times)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
GE Unicomp Model M
« on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 01:23:19 »
For those who just like to get the more unusual editions of boards, here's a GE edition Model M.  It's Unicomp, but why should you care for something unusual.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/General-Electric-2054858-014-Keyboard-T51112-/351184134995?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51c434a353
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 October 2014, 02:01:27 by nubbinator »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: GE Unicomp Model M
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 01:31:47 »
I'm 100% sure I need this since they cut me checks. Damn cool find.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 02:32:53 »

Thank goodness I got to it first.

Now I can bolt mod it before sending it to you. I really like these medical keycaps for the GE marquette stuff, so I'll have to take a shot of them both together.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 02:45:22 »

Now I can bolt mod it before sending it to you. I really like these medical keycaps for the GE marquette stuff, so I'll have to take a shot of them both together.

Brilliant that you're spreading the Model-M love all over the place.  They need to be cherished and supported because USA made keyboards are not that common anymore and this one deserves to be used daily by this person.

Offline miloica

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 02:50:31 »
This is buckling spring one, not rubber dome, right?
Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle: Transform Your Body Forever

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 02:58:19 »
Wait, did you really grab the board for me dv or did you want those caps? I know you like the caps. If you did grab it for me, I sincerely appreciate it. But I wouldn't begrudge you if you wanted to keep it.
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 October 2014, 03:05:04 by CPTBadAss »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 05:16:03 »

Good reflexes if you did!

Such yellow keycaps :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline 0100010

• Not Sure
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 08:07:58 »
Curious to see pics of all the different legends on these keys.
  Quoting me causes a posting error that you need to ignore.

Offline Touch_It

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 10:16:25 »
cool keyboard.  ISO kinda kills it for me. 1x backspace I can live with but IDK about the enter.  dont like the look of it.

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 22:41:58 »
cool keyboard.  ISO kinda kills it for me. 1x backspace I can live with but IDK about the enter.  dont like the look of it.

I'm a sucker for bit paired number row, but this is intended for CPTBadass after some judicial modification. Pictures will be forthcoming of course.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 22:49:13 »

I'm a sucker for bit paired number row, but this is intended for CPTBadass after some judicial modification. Pictures will be forthcoming of course.

GGDV, soon you'll have to change the name to anerdskywalker.

Offline Vanilla

• 110% Snuggable
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 00:01:43 »
Woah this looks like it came from some GE medical imaging equipment. Since then their keyboards have gone down hill... chiclet below membrane *shudders*

EDIT: confirmed:

« Last Edit: Sat, 25 October 2014, 00:03:33 by Vanilla »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 00:09:46 »
Hooray! Thanks so much dorkvader! Only thing I'm sad about is I won't be able to open it up nib. But that's not important