Author Topic: 2x3x4 LED and SIP socket Group Buy - Round 1 Cyan | Pink | Sky Blue  (Read 112874 times)

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
Re: 2x3x4 LED and SIP socket Group Buy - Round 1 Cyan | Pink | Sky Blue
« Reply #450 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 00:13:29 »
I'll try this again at some point, as photographing LEDs is usually an exercise in frustration, but here's a rough idea of how these LEDs compare.  I'd mostly pay attention to the glow halos around the LED bulbs.

The first is "pink" vs. the standard "purple" (You can also buy UV Purple LEDs, those are even more blue toned):

Show Image

Show Image

And these are: "Sky Blue", my previously owned turquoise ("Ice blue"), and my previously owned "Cyan" (more like jade):

Sky Blue / Cyan / Ice Blue:
Show Image

Sky Blue / Ice Blue / Cyan:
Show Image

To put this in perspective, Ice Blue already looks very cyan-green when installed in large numbers on a keyboard.  So in that respect, Cyan looks a cold shade of VERY green, and I anticipate Sky Blue to look more green than what I currently have on my keyboards and call "turquoise".  I was hoping Sky Blue would be less green than my Ice Blue, but it seems to go the other way around.  Still a very nice color to experiment with.  The Pink LEDs will go great with purple anodized plates and cases, as the normal Purple LEDs are usually too cold toned to match.

Those are really nice LEDs!

You did a great job of capturing the colour and shade :)

Where did you get those Ice Blues? I actually like it better than the sky blues... lol

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #451 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 01:16:39 »
Yea. I'm fond of the ice blues as well

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #452 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 09:08:33 »
"Ice Blue" were from Taobao with someone's help, as I'd spent a lot of time looking for all shades in the blue-green family to go with my keyboards (my favorite colors).  They are still a definite cyan/turquoise on a keyboard when installed in large numbers.
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 April 2015, 09:10:05 by Photoelectric »
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #453 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 05:45:19 »
Got my LEDs a few moments ago. Thanks nuclearsandwich & hwood!

Offline nandop

• May your keystrokes always be true.
« Reply #454 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 19:54:20 »
Any updates on SIP socket shipments for CONUS?
Sprit 60%, White MX 78g Au | Planck Ortholinear 40% Clear MX | Phantom TKL Browns 110g Au

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #455 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 21:49:39 »

Any updates on SIP socket shipments for CONUS?

+1

Offline nandop

« Reply #456 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 07:19:23 »
Have you received the SIP sockets from Mouser? Are you still having difficulty with counting them and that's where the main cause of delay?
Sprit 60%, White MX 78g Au | Planck Ortholinear 40% Clear MX | Phantom TKL Browns 110g Au

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #457 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 07:45:57 »
Could someone with extras sell me some sky blue and pink to Canada?
I love Elzy

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #458 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 10:58:45 »

I'd get them directly from Aliexpress.

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #459 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 11:02:54 »

How many are you looking for?

Offline xauser

« Reply #460 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 12:12:02 »
My sockets have arrived, they are great! Thank you nuclearsandwich & hwood34!

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #461 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 18:14:38 »
All my LEDs showed up, last week I think... totally forgot about this group buy, so opening the package was a nice surprise! Thanks for all your hard work nuclearsandwich!
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #462 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 19:36:53 »
YGPM nuclear

Offline aaronz8

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #464 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 00:17:37 »
Apologies for the temporary death. Work is unrelenting. While the DDoS has calmed I'm still deeply mired in a lot of projects that are preventing me from wrapping this up. For most of March and so far April, if I'm awake, I'm working.

The last of the US orders need shipping labels and packing before they can go out. I worked from home yesterday and today in the hope that I could make that happen but so far no dice. Tomorrow I'll be in the office and Thursday is still up in the air. I'm going to try my damnedest to get these out before Saturday.

It feels like the home stretch, it *is* the home stretch, but I'm barely afloat. Those of you with PMs. I've not forgotten you but it'll take me some more days to get to them. <3

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #465 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 01:39:56 »

Apologies for the temporary death. Work is unrelenting. While the DDoS has calmed I'm still deeply mired in a lot of projects that are preventing me from wrapping this up. For most of March and so far April, if I'm awake, I'm working.

The last of the US orders need shipping labels and packing before they can go out. I worked from home yesterday and today in the hope that I could make that happen but so far no dice. Tomorrow I'll be in the office and Thursday is still up in the air. I'm going to try my damnedest to get these out before Saturday.

It feels like the home stretch, it *is* the home stretch, but I'm barely afloat. Those of you with PMs. I've not forgotten you but it'll take me some more days to get to them. <3

Thanks for the update!

Hope things settle down enough to wrap this up and you can catch some time for yourself :)

Offline Lpwl

• lpwl.bigcartel.com
    • My O-ring Store
« Reply #466 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 07:59:42 »
I just received my SIP sockets !

This is great.

A big thank you to nuclearsandwich, hwood34 and those who helped !

:thumb:
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 April 2015, 08:06:29 by Lpwl »

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #467 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 18:08:45 »
Mine arrived, thanks nuke and hwood!

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #468 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 15:21:59 »

Looking forward to it...
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline Evi1_0ne

« Reply #469 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 15:30:51 »

Looking forward to it...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/400x/50204824.jpg
Ducky Shine 3 YOTS - Ducky Shine 3 DK9008 - Ducky G2 DK9008 - Ducky G2 Pro DK9008 grey/blue PBT

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #470 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 17:58:06 »

Looking forward to it...

😢

As a matter of fact 15 orders shipped today. I also updated the group buy status list for the first time in an age. Since the database isn't part of the Git repository I've not been able to update it on the road. Not reflected is the shipping status of international orders. I need to double check on those with hwood34.

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #471 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 17:58:38 »
Oh and tracking numbers went out to the fifteen folks who shipped today via PM

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #472 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 18:16:59 »

Looking forward to it...

😢

As a matter of fact 15 orders shipped today. I also updated the group buy status list for the first time in an age. Since the database isn't part of the Git repository I've not been able to update it on the road. Not reflected is the shipping status of international orders. I need to double check on those with hwood34.
all the orders have been sent out
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #473 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 18:31:15 »
Not reflected is the shipping status of international orders. I need to double check on those with hwood34.
all the orders have been sent out

💥! Updated the order list for that.

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #474 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 18:36:42 »
Out of curiosity: who is using the 2nd post updates to follow progress and who is just reading all the posts?

Offline cjhard

• Claudia the Magnificent
« Reply #475 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 18:40:17 »
I'm reading all the things! I haven't looked at the first page since Page 2 came out, really forgot every page previous existed.

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #476 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 18:58:36 »
At this point I've responded to all relevant PMs that I could find about this GB. If I didn't respond to yours, send it again unlessitsaboutextrasinwhichcasereadbelow

Extras. As you might have noticed: I'm mad busy lately. I'm not in a place where I feel good taking on extra orders right now and I don't anticipate being in a good place until June at the earliest. Our vendor participant should be getting their LEDs Wedesday or Thursday after which point they'll have a good stock. When extras are available, they will not be at the original group buy price. Since was my first group buy there were a number of costs I didn't anticipate, nothing major, but it all adds up with ~80 participants. When ordering relaunches, there will be an actual webzone rather than a google form for orders.

That's all for today. Thanks err'one!

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #477 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 04:24:34 »
At this point I've responded to all relevant PMs that I could find about this GB. If I didn't respond to yours, send it again unlessitsaboutextrasinwhichcasereadbelow

Extras. As you might have noticed: I'm mad busy lately. I'm not in a place where I feel good taking on extra orders right now and I don't anticipate being in a good place until June at the earliest. Our vendor participant should be getting their LEDs Wedesday or Thursday after which point they'll have a good stock. When extras are available, they will not be at the original group buy price. Since was my first group buy there were a number of costs I didn't anticipate, nothing major, but it all adds up with ~80 participants. When ordering relaunches, there will be an actual webzone rather than a google form for orders.

That's all for today. Thanks err'one!
Thanks Nuclear Sandwich. I wasn't in this GB but I certainly will keep an eye on the extras. I need them. :P

Make sure you take your time for life outside of keyboards and learn from this for your next GB. :)
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline minh278

• In life we will only fall, How far will we fall?
« Reply #478 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 09:42:32 »
All i have to do now is wait for the redscarf III to come in...
Keyboards:  Final Fantasy XI XIth Anniversary keyboard (topre 45g) | Realforce Rgb (topre 45g, Eva Noctilucous keyset) | Mionix Zibal 60 (mx black, Vortex doubleshot) | Greymark (white alps) | IBM model M (found in the trash!)

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #479 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 15:50:57 »
Got my package today. Tonight will be spent removing sockets and getting them soldered into my sprit board. Thanks again for running this NS. Much appreciated!
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline nandop

« Reply #480 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 16:40:28 »
Received. Thank you very much. Looks like to be of very high quality. In the end, it was worth the wait.

A much needed exercise of patience for myself in such a stressful world.

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #481 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 16:57:08 »
I'm sorting  the last five orders! As long as I get these all boxed and to the post office with the rest today will be a good day.

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #482 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 18:46:29 »

I'm sorting  the last five orders! As long as I get these all boxed and to the post office with the rest today will be a good day.

Nice work, thanks for all your effort!

Offline blackkat

« Reply #483 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 19:02:18 »
Still have not recieved my order in Canada... :(

Offline kolashnikov

« Reply #484 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 19:23:33 »
Got my order today, right on time. I don't care at all about the wait, but I just cannot believe I ordered these almost 6 months ago! Time flies.

BTW, nuclear, to answer your question about the status updates; I've been checking the 2nd post to find the important info, then browsing the end of the thread for related discussion. Thanks for the time you put into this, and especially for trying to make us a priority during your busy work schedule.  :thumb:

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #485 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 19:38:13 »
Got my order today
Woohoo!

Will eventually have some time to get working on my 60% and put my LEDs on it.

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #486 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 20:50:34 »
Good news and bad news

Bad news: I lost track of time printing shipping labels when usps.com decided to mess up my order and thus didn't make it to the post office in time.

The good news is that everything has been sorted out and will go to the post office tomorrow!

Offline tokkystyle

« Reply #487 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 22:07:53 »
How to track my international order?
Can u tell me which site is searchable?

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #488 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 22:13:40 »
How to track my international order?
Can u tell me which site is searchable?

I didn't ship the international orders, but I can say that depending on the origin and destination countries tracking can be a totally crapshoot. I've had things that never appeared in tracking *arrive* with the tracking still saying "waiting for origin scan" or whatever.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #489 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 11:13:42 »
If anyone got extra SIP sockets and would like to offload a couple or more sets, please let me know!
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Ripudio

« Reply #490 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 12:48:07 »
The cyan LEDs are gorgeous, thanks so much Nuclear!

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #491 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 18:39:13 »
All but 2.5 orders have been dropped off at the post office. I may do tracking numbers now or I may just drink some ice water and watch cartoons.

The remaining orders are

- 0.5 incomplete shipment (my bad, I'll fix it)
- 1 hand delivery to be done later this week
- 1 international order that selected checked the US box. -_- I'll figure this out

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #492 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 18:51:06 »
What to do if there's a mistake with your order

I did my best to make sure that all orders are complete and correct, but mistakes happen. If possible, please at least spot check your order to make sure it's more or less correct when you receive it. As you can see from the thread history I'm traveling quite a bit. Which means that if an order found to be mistaken after end of May it could be a while before I can do anything about it.

My order never showed up

That's a bummer! PM me!

My order is incomplete

I'll bet I screwed up. Double check the rest of your counts and send me a full list of what's missing via PM, as well as your order ID. I'll verify that I invoiced you for the additional items and send them your way.

Some dingus sent me ageekhacker's order instead of my own

I don't think this happened but it's easily the thing I'm most paranoid about. Most (all?) orders have a little paper slip in them that says who they're for and what amount of everything is in the order. If you got an order meant for someone else... well.. dang. PM me and we'll figure it out. I'll likely just ship folks the difference rather than have people re-ship out orders.

Other problems I didn't even think of

PM me. Are you sensing a theme?
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 April 2015, 19:03:34 by nuclearsandwich »

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #493 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 19:01:39 »
Didn't notice any count errors in my order...then again, I was counting fairly fast. It was at least within the margin of error of being +- 5 leds and sockets, so I'm not worried about if anything actually is missing.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #494 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 22:43:59 »
Finally had time to even take a look at my package

All my SIPs are here. Have 2 extra Pink LEDs, and missing 8 sky blues

Not a big deal for me since I rounded up to have extras.

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #495 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 22:48:19 »
Received!  Honestly do not remember how many I ordered, but yay!
Hi :)

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #496 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 10:21:36 »

Bums me out that I shorted you. If you order extras make sure to note that and you'll get a discount on your future order.

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #497 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 11:10:37 »

Bums me out that I shorted you. If you order extras make sure to note that and you'll get a discount on your future order.

Don't feel bad!

Like I said, I round up in case anything happens and I lose them myself, or break them. It's not a big deal.

It's a lot of work to sort these all by hand so I appreciate the work you put into this. :)

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #498 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 12:38:15 »
Who are the resellers of these btw? You told us some vendors picked these up?
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #499 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 12:45:11 »
Who are the resellers of these btw? You told us some vendors picked these up?

Per my policy of keeping orders anonymous I have specifically not mentioned the vendor name. However this post ought to be very informative. :thumb: