Author Topic: Leopold keycaps for coolermaster XT  (Read 2719 times)

Offline mrs1986

Leopold keycaps for coolermaster XT
« on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 10:40:25 »
Hi all!

I'm really new to this, and I just bought a cm storm XT the full size one, I really like the filco ninja idea, the side print looks really awesome!

I was looking for a key set for this kb but don't know what to look for to see if the Leopold pbt keycaps would work on this one... The set is around 50 on eBay and I think it's a good price for pbt keys.

Hope somebody knows :)

Ps English is not my native language so you may see some bad grammar

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
Re: Leopold keycaps for coolermaster XT
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 11:14:17 »
Yes. the Leopold caps will be 100% compatible.  Highly recommended.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline mrs1986

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 11:22:53 »
Thats really good to know!!  :D

Thanks a lot for your answer!

Offline mrs1986

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 13:25:56 »
Another question, is this seller ok to buy from? These are from south korea, and I'm in Uruguay, so its a really long travel... But i guess i could send them to US...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281377716241?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Offline awhitedev

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 13:32:16 »
Another question, is this seller ok to buy from? These are from south korea, and I'm in Uruguay, so its a really long travel... But i guess i could send them to US...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281377716241?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I purchased two sets from this seller. He's very good.

Hi all!

I'm really new to this, and I just bought a cm storm XT the full size one, I really like the filco ninja idea, the side print looks really awesome!

I was looking for a key set for this kb but don't know what to look for to see if the Leopold pbt keycaps would work on this one... The set is around 50 on eBay and I think it's a good price for pbt keys.

Buyer beware - these keycaps were too thick for my cm storm QFR which uses costar stabilizers. I ended up having to sand them down to make it not rub on the inside of the key.

Offline connorelsea

• * Maker
  • Java programming and fancy key caps!
    • Elsea Labs
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 14:16:01 »
They're great caps. I am using them without a problem on my WASD V2.

Elsea Keys - Artisan key caps, keyboards, custom painting - Click any image to purchase or view

Offline MidnightXZ

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 14:33:22 »

I purchased two sets from this seller. He's very good.

Hi all!

Buyer beware - these keycaps were too thick for my cm storm QFR which uses costar stabilizers. I ended up having to sand them down to make it not rub on the inside of the key.

This.

I bought this set to use on a QF XT as well and the costar stabs rub the inside key. My set have been sitting in it's packaging until I find the time to sand them down.
Home: Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX Brown) + Leopold FC210TP + Logi G502//MJ2 needs a Pegasus Hoof controller
OTG with laptop: Poker II (MX Brown) + Logi Anywhere MX//soon, waits for Massdrop
Rotation: Filco Majestouch 2 (MX Brown, Kitten Paw Controller) | CM Quickfire Rapid (MX Red, Frosty Flake v2 Controller)
Others: CM Storm Quickfire Rapid (MX Red)
Old boards: CM Storm Quickfire XT (MX Brown) [gave away] | CM Storm Trigger (MX Red) [sold]

Offline mrs1986

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 14:55:36 »
The question is, will i realize where are they rubbing? I have some tools to sand them down, and i kind of like the more flat? profile of the key?

Anyway, if these may not be a good buy, which caps would you recommend?

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 15:07:11 »
I can vouch for the eBay seller known as "widebasket" from S. Korea. He is very prompt, and he packs items expertly.

As for the Leopold keycaps not fitting on at least some boards with Costar stabilizers, I have not yet tried them on such boards. I really like the Leopold caps, and I have put them on a CM Novatouch with no issues. However, I plan to get a WASD V2 87 key keyboard; I hope that the Leopold keycaps will fit, because the WASD uses Costar-type stabilizers. If not, I would be in the market for other PBT keycaps, preferably with dye-sublimated legends.

Offline mrs1986

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 15:14:41 »
I like those that look like they are brilliant, the are like really vintage, the "galaxy set" those are pretty cool, but too expensive for me now...

Offline awhitedev

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 15:18:52 »
It's the bump in the middle of the wire that rubs on the inside wall of the keycap. It's about an 3/4 inch or so that you'll need to sand down.

Offline mrs1986

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 15:21:20 »
Excellent!! I guess i will find out then!!

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 16:54:17 »
It's the bump in the middle of the wire that rubs on the inside wall of the keycap. It's about an 3/4 inch or so that you'll need to sand down.
If you could post pics showing the sanded area, that would be great.

Is this needed on all of the stabilized keys?

Offline mrs1986

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 16:40:44 »
Does anyone have a pic to compare this keyboard with white keycaps vs the black keycaps?? I saw they have whites ones, in the same style, which ones would be better??

Offline SpikeBolt

• √(4) != -2
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 09:37:52 »
This happens on my Filco as well with pretty much all thick PBT keycaps..

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 12:23:15 »
This happens on my Filco as well with pretty much all thick PBT keycaps..

Also happened to my IMSTO set on my Filco.  Had to sand down the inside of the enter key.

I think it's a common issue on thick keycaps with Costar stabilizers.

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden