Author Topic: Anyone in NYC/ LA know how to reprogram/ manipulate keyboard output  (Read 745 times)

Offline holodekk

• Holodekk Key Caps
I'm looking for someone who knows how to reprogram a mechanical keyboard to do specific things. I'm thinking that you would have to use arduino or max processing but I'm really not sure. I'd like to be able to make each button on the mechanical keyboard do something besides its normal task, (imagine pressing the 'q' key and an image pops up on the screen, the 'w' key and a song starts playing, the numbers each represent an emoji, (these are random examples but you get the idea)). Another thing that I'm interested in is programming the keyboard to control the electricity on something besides a computer, (the lights in a room for example). This might sound crazy but it is for an art project and I know it is totally possible! :D. I'd like to create a program for Filco Majestouch 2 and Leopold. Would they each run on the same program or do different models work differently when they are reprogrammed? 

Offline Grendel

• Firmware for Costar Replacement Controllers
Re: Anyone in NYC/ LA know how to reprogram/ manipulate keyboard output
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 15:08:03 »
For the Filco, this may be a good start. Take a look at the making stuff together! section for more pointers :)
Currently using: RK-9000WH/GR, CMS QFXT w/ Ghost Squid
- I'm game !

Offline holodekk

• Holodekk Key Caps
Re: Anyone in NYC/ LA know how to reprogram/ manipulate keyboard output
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 17:00:39 »
yesssss thanks!!