Author Topic: Yet Another New Guy  (Read 1040 times)

Offline swaziloo

Yet Another New Guy
« on: Thu, 18 December 2014, 12:50:31 »
Hi all! I'm an enthusiast/amateur from the Left Coast. Been on Kinesis mechanical boards for about a dozen years, got interested recently in the ErgoDox (which led me here) and the notion of fixing up my old PS2 Kinesis (Classic QD) for home (have a USB Advantage Pro at work.) There's so much more going on than I ever expected--I'm blown away by the community! 

I'm seriously wanting to either track down a Kinesis-to-Teensy board (ala https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/BwWRYP5c ) or place the order to share with others. Is this the sort of thing that happens around here?

Also hoping for Massdrop to green-light the ErgoDox (again) as that seems to be the most economic way to get that kit rolling.

Anyhow, nice to meet you all!

Ken

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Yet Another New Guy
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 20 December 2014, 22:04:45 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

For something like this, you'd probably start an interest check thread first.  I'm not sure if that is covered bu the classifieds rules - you might need 25 posts and 2 months membership before you can create a new thread there.

If the IC proves popular, then you could start a group buy.

Perhaps one of the more experienced members might step in to help run it.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ