Author Topic: BroBot Giveaway!!! Topre Blackout v2 (Glossy). Winner announced!  (Read 8546 times)

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
BroBot Giveaway!!! Topre Blackout v2 (Glossy). Winner announced!
« on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 22:05:47 »
HERE WE GO! Giving away a Topre Blackout v2 (Glossy)

Giveaway ends February 21st, 12pm (PST)

Winner: yomammary

Thank you all for participating. Hope I can do another giveaway soon :)

So i've been debating on how to go about doing the giveaway and what requirements should be met to enter.

Couldn't come up with something good, but here we go!

Rules:
- 50 Post count Minimum
- Please have a Topre keyboard (honor system guys  ;) )
- Please, DO NOT resell.
- Priority to the Broless.
- Explain how you came up with your username. Hope to get to know some of you a bit better with this  :thumb:
- CONUS shipping will be covered. International will be paid by the winner.

A winner will be selected from the entries meeting the requirements.

Good luck all!  :D
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 February 2015, 14:31:50 by asdfjkl36 »

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
Re: BroBot Giveaway!!! Topre Blackout v2 (Glossy)
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 22:07:24 »
Well, I'm broless and have a 23ub (my second topre board) in the mail. How I came up with my user name? Harwood Wolfson. 34 was arbitrary. I'm really creative
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Rotaku

• Too Based
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 22:08:37 »
I'm not participating in the giveaway (no topre  :( ) but this is really cool of you to do!
Not toooo active on GH anymore, if you need me, shoot me a PM on Reddit! /u/IchibanXD

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 22:10:50 »
I was sitting near a fire exit sign in an airport. There was a 401k advertisement on the wall across from me. I wasn't very creative haha.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 22:10:56 »
im really a girl named Kim
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 22:14:31 »
I think my username is self explanatory.

Originally it was my custom title but then became my username.

I've got no topre bro's but plenty of topre boards!

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 22:15:44 »
Yeah the instructions specifically say you need a topre board so...

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 22:15:49 »
I was playing a ton of games back then and decided to name my Runescape accountt to Synjin for some unknown reason. It just carried over since I was level 132 when i quit and gave away my account.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 22:16:42 »
I was playing a ton of games back then and decided to name my Runescape accountt to Synjin for some unknown reason. It just carried over since I was level 132 when i quit and gave away my account.
hell yeah runescape

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 22:21:04 »
Somehow in undergrad I ended up with the nickname nubbins from one of the people I worked with in the photography department of the university.  Maybe it's because my first name starts with an N and they had just watched Friends, who knows.  And no, I don't have an extra nipple.  It took on several different iterations and meanings over time, such as something being nubbinsed (meaning ****ed up royally) after I accidentally dropped a $3k lens and broke it in half.  Over time, it changed and morphed into nubbinator, hence the nickname.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 22:21:09 »
I could use a second glossy v2 :P

Good luck for those entering!

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 22:21:22 »
oh man, I don't own a topre board any longer, so not really entering but...
in art class when I was like 16 I was reading about Edvard Munch, the norwegian painter, and was like hehe it says munch. and the way Munch is pronounced (munk) it's the same as donut in Swedish, munk.
so I thought it was a great username, and people always wonder if it's pronounced munch or munk, so I just say the one that they don't guess.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 22:22:00 »
Somehow in undergrad I ended up with the nickname nubbins from one of the people I worked with in the photography department of the university.  Maybe it's because my first name starts with an N and they had just watched Friends, who knows.  And no, I don't have an extra nipple.  It took on several different iterations and meanings over time, such as something being nubbinsed (meaning ****ed up royally) after I accidentally dropped a $3k lens and broke it in half.  Over time, it changed and morphed into nubbinator, hence the nickname.

tl;dr you're a noob that can't spell so it's nubb and you like terminator a lot.

Yeah the instructions specifically say you need a topre board so...

says the topre hater
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 22:23:17 »
Not entering the giveaway, as i have no use for a topre bot! But i did feel i could share my username's back story!

My name comes from back quiet a while ago, When i first started playing WoW - during Vanilla.

Needless to say, My first Character i created in wow was a Nelf Hunter(wasn't everyones?) Named xXxLegolasxXx which i nicknamed 420NoScope*****es (not really, was Elvstroem).

Once i got passed the constant kneeling to the gods trying to loot corpses, and maxed out my character.

Someone gave me the idea of creating an alt 90% somewhat as a joke i decided to do this, 10% because.. well i had to much time on my hands.

So i took it upon myself to create very fearsome looking toon, Gnome Warrior - Named Cottonsox. I've never died so much on leveling a character as i did my warrior. Over the time in Vanilla my warrior ended up becoming my main. Every expansion  the character i leveled first, has always been my warrior and i have since then kept that username in nearly everything. I never intended on keeping this character, and did not thing i would love a warrior so much, but in the end it stuck, and i could never name change from such a manly name :)

Goodluck to all those entering, just figured i would share. As it interested me!

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 22:43:53 »
Props to the OP for the give away  :thumb:
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 00:46:01 »
I dont have a brobot, nor a topre board so I don't intend to participate
but! let me share my name story

ever heard of early Korean MMORPG game called Ragnarok, it was so massive in my country

cut it short, I was a dumb, thoughtless, clueless, eccentric teenagers wanted to name my character
and since then, I stick with it since I've never seen yet heard anyone ever thought to use the same name :D
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 00:48:48 »
Just an addition to my post early, I have a some HHKB and one RF87 white.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 00:49:48 »

ever heard of early Korean MMORPG game called Ragnarok, it was so massive in my country

cut it short, I was a dumb, thoughtless, clueless, eccentric teenagers wanted to name my character
and since then, I stick with it since I've never seen yet heard anyone ever thought to use the same name :D

I played on iRO loki for a year or two in the beginning.  Walking through prontera was such a mess with all the merch bots

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 00:51:23 »

I remember nolifing Ragnarok in the Philippines before I moved to the U.S. I actually was named Synjin in Ragnarok and it was also my name in my Tekken DR SM clan when i was competing in 2007 before I left.

Offline KatzenKinder

• * Maker
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 00:52:21 »
Back in high school my friends and I were being bums and heard about chatroulette back when that was a thing. We got matched with some German man and proceeded to babble to him for like two hours. We ended up wearing all sorts of stupid hats and things, and he called us KatzenKinder because of a pair of cat ears. I just really liked the way it sounded, so it replaced my old name of PotatoKingPrime hahaha

I also know nothing of the German language or culture so it's really awkward when I have to explain because people ask me things in German and I can't answer zzz

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 00:58:09 »
I am using HHKB at work and a RealForce at home (although currently the RealForce is now a secondary driver to a 2TU Korean custom). Anyway, the Blackout V2 is one of my choices during the sale and I didn't win it, so it is a great to see you doing a giveaway and I'd like to try my luck!

So, my username is the name of my character during the early days of pen & paper AD&D (Advanced Dungeon and Dragons) RPG games.  At that time, I was hooked to The Belgariad, a fantasy novel by David Eddings (and it's subsequent follow ups, The Malloreans). It was a story about a peasant growing up to be the King of the realm hidden and guarded since young by a group of wizards who worshipped a god. They named themselves Bel followed by their actual name - for instant, there is Belgarath who led the whole group and Beldin a demented wizard. The word Bel signified that they are the favored ones of the god. And so, I started using Belfong, Bel+my first name Fong.

And that nick stuck with me for almost 20 years :)

Offline dimmu

« Reply #21 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 00:59:21 »
i used to play a korean mmo called iRO (international ragnarok online) and this was the name i gave my first character. i used to be into death/black metal back then and it was one of my favorite bands that i even tried to learn norwegian (keyword: "tried"). this was more than a decade ago, i have since cut my fabulous hair, shaved my goatie, took off my pure black contact lenses, and scraped off my black nail polish.

i have a sad gray naked hhkb pro 2 that could use this brobot. this will also be my first bro of any kind.
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 February 2015, 09:53:41 by dimmu »

Offline dimmu

« Reply #22 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 01:03:26 »

I played on iRO loki for a year or two in the beginning.  Walking through prontera was such a mess with all the merch bots

Show Image

I remember nolifing Ragnarok in the Philippines before I moved to the U.S. I actually was named Synjin in Ragnarok and it was also my name in my Tekken DR SM clan when i was competing in 2007 before I left.

wow. i'm feeling so nostalgic right now. i used to play on iRO Loki, too right before comodo patch kicked in.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 01:07:53 »

Show Image

wow. i'm feeling so nostalgic right now. i used to play on iRO Loki, too right before comodo patch kicked in.

we should start our own nostalgic thread, I can keep going on and on talking about it

Let's stay on topic for this awesome giveaway :D
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • All the truth in the world is held in stories.
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 01:09:28 »
Sygaldry is a discipline of magical study taught at the University under the heading of Artificery. Sygaldry involves the use and application of runes, which create effects similar to a permanent form of sympathy . There are 197 runes, and they can be used in a variety of combinations to perform a wide assortment of effects on various materials.

Sygaldry can be used in a multitude of ways, the most common example of sygaldry are sympathy lamps, which converts ambient heat in the environment into light. other uses include; Light Emitters, the Bloodless, coolers, simultaneous bells, and many other items that generally affect some part of life.
Source: http://kingkiller.wikia.com/wiki/Sygaldry

I'm a pretty big fantasy geek and the Kingkiller Chronicles is one of my all time favorite series.

A couple years back, I got so hooked on the books that I started using terms from the series for usernames everywhere... Sygaldry stuck with me and I don't think I can even come up with another name at this point!
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 February 2015, 16:18:52 by Sygaldry »
null

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #25 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 01:58:12 »
I killed hipsterpunks, also music...
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 01:59:50 »
I killed hipsterpunks, also music...
cool nick bro. Had me fooled!

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 02:14:30 »
It comes from this book:

It's a for kid fantasy book, one of the character goes by the name of "Azhdar the Demon", 12yo me found it was cool. Been using it ever since I discovered the interweb.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline bowji

• Came for the Keycaps, stayed for the community.
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 03:29:15 »
More

Show Image

we should start our own nostalgic thread, I can keep going on and on talking about it

WOW I never thought I would see people who played RO here. I used to play in the Korean server, "IRIS", since beta. The RO forums and GH is probably the only two online communities Ive been a part of.

I was a huge fan of RO and my nickname rooted from that game. Since I was big on archer classes, characters using "bows", I span a word play with the word bow and a Korean word for
More
vagina
by adding the second syllable "ji". Since then it has been my nickname for majority of games I played before; Ragnarok, DOTA, LOL, Battlenet and including twitch.

Now, Bowji is my internet persona.
               FREE GIRLDC!!     코리안 스레드

Offline hrinfinity

• typebeast
  • uptempo
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 04:36:53 »
Props to the OP for doing this :thumb:

My very first AOL screen name in 5th grade had "Hotrod" in it. Then a few years later I wanted to "upgrade" to something new. I was really obsessed with the infinity symbol at the time, so I combined it with part of my old screen name and voila!
As a side note, I also use this username as my gmail and I occasionally get resumes and other documents sent to me because apparently people think i'm the Human Resources department for a company in India :-[

P.S. I didn't realize how many RO players were on here. I spent a good chunk of my middle school / high school days playing nonstop with my friends. Ahh I'm nostalgia-ing hard right now..
TGR-Jane CE | FC660C | DK9008 Snake

Offline dimmu

« Reply #30 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 04:54:13 »

Show Image

do it!

Offline GenKaan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Mer caps, mindre käbbel
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 06:17:08 »
Dont have a topre board as it is but planning on picking at least a HHKB :)

First nick was Neutron, was far too common so I changed to GeneT1c. Was also way too common
My cs 1.5 clan started calling me Gen for short, didnt like that at all, and "kan" (swedish for can). Put them together and BAM! GenKan

Aparently some bottom feeders have been taking genkan in different forums so I added a A.

Later found out it ment something in Japanese so now the weebos think Im one of them (Im not), but I'm happy being the shoe protector
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 February 2015, 04:49:45 by GenKaan »
|| @Home:: Shine 3 TKL (Mx Red / Deep Space)  || @Work:: G2Pro (Mx Clear / Dye Sub PBT) ||
@Reserve:: HHKB (Topre 45g / Mixed PBT) // Das v3 (Mx Brown / Blank PBT)

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 07:42:02 »
My brother and I played online games a lot as "slip" and "trip" way, way, way back in the day. Neither of us are really sure why we picked those names, to be quite honest... they kind of just came to us. It probably helped that they were typically never taken. The funniest thing was that we both picked those respective names without knowing the other picked the other name; we didn't play a lot of games together. We had LAN parties at our house back in the late 90s and some of our friends complained our names were too similar, so I decided to add a number to mine.

The origin on the number is not my year of birth, but instead is a veiled reference to Douglas Adams' book series The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Those familiar with the series will know that 42 is the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything. I didn't want to be like everyone else using 42 on their names (it was seemingly really popular back then), so I just doubled it.

Further to this, I painted skins for Unreal Tournament and used to sneak my name "slip84" on them somewhere. The name has just stuck in a lot of online communities, so there you have it.

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
  • Location: Observable Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Planet Earth
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 08:21:53 »
Bro less here. I had a friend who's Xbox live username was DrBiblical, which he found to be hilariously ironic. He then changed his username to DrShrubbery. At that point he coerced me to join him, so after a brainstorming session we mashed together DrHubblePhD from my passion for physics and astronomy, obviously relating to the great physicist Edwin Hubble.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 09:17:21 »
I am not entering the giveaway, as I'm far from Bro-less, but I'll share my story anyway.

One of my good friends had the same first name as me.  I don't remember all the details, but he decided that he would be The KundeNator and I would be The HoffmanMyster (based on our last names).  This was ~12 years ago.  I have used it for everything since then and have no problems registering this username so it stuck.

Thanks for hosting, asdf!   :-*   Really cool thing you're doing.   :thumb:

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #35 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 09:23:56 »
I'm not entering as I've got a solid Bro collection, but my username is the name of a character from Dexter. The reason I chose it is my friends used to joke that my best friend Ari and I were just like Quinn and Batista.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #36 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 11:00:01 »
My girlfriend just got an 87U and started posting Friday, so this entry goes out to her.

==============================================================

Admiration for aviation started for the subject in Kindergarten. The subject reports there being a "student of the month" system in which an honored student would choose a toy out of the box to take home. Sometime in the year of 1995, subject pulled out a yellow and chrome die-cast model of an F-15 Eagle fighter plane.

As indicated by the memory's level of detail, it may be postulated that such an event had a significant effect on the subject's early interests. The yellow F-15 acted as the catalyst for the subject's long held enthusiasm for aircraft which quickly led to a fascination with the fictional spacecraft and mecha genres.

The following chart is an incomprehensive history on endeavours into being an imaginary pilot.

[1995] Ages 5-6:

Die-cast F-15 Eagle (yellow and chrome); no image;

Jetfire G2

X-Wing Power of the Force

Flight Simulator on home IBM Computer

Raptor on home IBM Computer

[1996-97] Age 6-8:

Snowspeeder Power of the Force

Family purchased Vaio computer which eventually became subject's first computer.

X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter

Wing Commander III

6915: Warp Wing Fighter

Subject has first experience of flying on a commercial jet [13 hours overseas flight]. Pilot hands subject a pair of "pilot wings." 

[1998-99] Age 8-10:

Discovered Gundam Wing, purchased and assembled* 1/144 model of XXXG-01W Wing Gundam. * = Helped assemble, but mostly watched and handed tools/trays/stickers to babysitter to assemble.

Lego Set 6582: Daredevil Flight Squad

Lego Set 2532: Aircraft and Ground Crew

Lego Set 7130: Snowspeeder

Pokemon discovered; continued to struggle on wing commander III; learned how to assemble gundam models without assistance.

[2000-01] Age 10-12:

Lego Set 7314: Recon Mech RP

Armored Core 2

Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies

Subject takes an online colorblind test and tests positive for Deutranopia.

[2002-3] Age 12-14:

Skywarp Deluxe

Armored Core 3

Multiple gundam sets purchased and built.

Neon Genesis Evangelion anime discovered.

[2004-8] Age 14-19:

Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation

Armored Core 4

Armored Core For Answer

Multiple gundam sets purchased and built.

Subject discovers that commercial airline pilots must not be colorblind. Subject begins to accept that they will not become a commercial pilot.

Fakeflight alias acquired, gmail registered. Name is chosen based on all of subject's piloting experience being "fake" but nevertheless enjoyable.

[2009-10] Age 19-21:

Subject reports difficulty on "Fakeflight" username; too many questions about drug use, philosophy, religion etc. Subject looks for a more literal username.

Lastpilot alias acquired, gmail registered.
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 February 2015, 12:04:11 by Lastpilot »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #37 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 11:04:42 »
My girlfriend just got an 87U and started posting Friday, so this entry goes out to her.

==============================================================

Admiration for aviation started for the subject in Kindergarten. The subject reports there being a "student of the month" system in which an honored student would choose a toy out of the box to take home. Sometime in the year of 1995, subject pulled out a yellow and chrome die-cast model of an F-15 Eagle fighter plane.

As indicated by the memory's level of detail, it may be postulated that such an event had a significant effect on the subject's early interests. The yellow F-15 acted as the catalyst for the subject's long held enthusiasm for aircraft which quickly led to a fascination with the fictional spacecraft and mecha genres.

Subject discovers that commercial airline pilots must not be colorblind. Subject begins to accept that they will not become a commercial pilot.

Fakeflight alias acquired, gmail registered. Name is chosen based on all of subject's piloting experience being "fake" but nevertheless enjoyable.

Subject reports difficulty on "Fakeflight" username; too many questions about drug use, philosophy, religion etc. Subject looks for a more literal username.

Lastpilot alias acquired, gmail registered.

All of the feels.   :'(

I already knew this story, perhaps with a touch fewer details, but I still love it.   :thumb:   

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #38 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 16:02:43 »
Dammit. Wish I had a Topre board. :( Been wanting one for a while now.

However, awesome giveaway. Good ****, OP!
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

Offline yomammary

« Reply #39 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 07:19:29 »
Heya, I'm pretty new to this artisan thing so I don't have any bros yet. I have one FN key from Hotkeys (the teal one). My HHKB is in route as we speak.
My username is something dumb someone called me on a forum maybe 10 years ago and it just stuck with me. It's not very clever but I don't mind.
I'd be so glad to have a bro though. I bought the dark grey edition of the HHKB and I plan to put the white keycaps on it. Having a black ESC key (and a BRO!) would look awesome IMO.
Thanks <3
RF 87u 55g | Leeku 1800

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #40 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 14:59:16 »
I was called Rowdy although I'm not rowdy, but most usernames are lowercase so I am rowdy now, and still Rowdy (but generally not rowdy).

The name was given to me by one of our (sadly no longer) bigger clients in a Christmas card nearly (yikes!) 20 years ago, probably because I sat in the corner and just produced code all day every day without saying anything.  The name stuck, and many of our other clients and staff here call me Rowdy.

This BB would look good on my HHKB :D

I like black ;D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #41 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 15:55:26 »
I would love to win my first BroBot, unfortunately I do not have a topre board... yet. HHKB is on it's way!

Since we are sharing our names though, the OG Xbox's had their own preset ID's for system link. When my buddies and I got together for halo, I was always Ghost, since that was my systems ID Once Xbox live was introduced, I needed a new gamer tag, since Ghost had been taken. I've always been a fan of The juggernaut, and the word, by definition, is pretty awesome. So added the two and voila, ghostJUGGERNAUT was born.
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 February 2015, 00:28:48 by ghostjuggernaut »

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #42 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 17:14:12 »
Not entering - just sharing my name's backstory

My username is named after my water bottle.  I bought it for $0.50 used at Goodwill circa 2001.  It is dark blue, wide mouth, has one liter capacity, and all scratched up from various abuse through the years.  It is one of the older versions that is super thick and full of delicious BPA, which is probably why I have such perky tits for a man.  The bottle followed me through school, camping trips, to various states, labwork, and everything in between. 

Seriously, these old nalgenes are ****ing TANKS.  I have used it to hammer stakes into hard ground while camping.  It has fallen off of a cliff.  It has boiled water in a campfire.  I have crushed cans with it to prove to the other cans who was boss.  The water has frozen inside without damaging the bottle.  I only put non-water in it once, but I learned my lesson.  I couldn't get out the orange juice flavor for a few days.  Once I used it to bash an old TV to smithereens.  Good times.

I have two water bottles now.  I keep a lighter blue one with printed damask at home for everyday use.  The original blue is at my workstation in the lab.  Nalgene products are so common in lab, that safety doesn't give me **** about having a drinking container at my work area.  They don't seem to notice it.

I try to keep my home bottle clean.  The dishwasher sees to that.  At work, the water is deionized, so I don't have to deal with any scaly buildup of grossness.  When I brought it up originally, I washed it out.  Washing in lab isn't like washing at home.  I poured 500 mLs of 33% nitric acid and shook it like a baby that won't stop crying.  As I rinsed the acid out, these sheets of scale kept coming out.  The acid had dissolved enough of the calcified coating on the inside, that layers were sloughing off like some membranous ejection.  It was truly disgusting.  That day I remembered that my water bottle was translucent when I bought it, but over the years had become opaque.  Now it is as clear as it was from the factory, if you ignore the scores of battle scars and scrapes that grace the exterior.

Now, that is how you write a love letter to a water bottle.

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #43 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 17:34:37 »

Not entering - just sharing my name's backstory

My username is named after my water bottle.  I bought it for $0.50 used at Goodwill circa 2001.  It is dark blue, wide mouth, has one liter capacity, and all scratched up from various abuse through the years.  It is one of the older versions that is super thick and full of delicious BPA, which is probably why I have such perky tits for a man.  The bottle followed me through school, camping trips, to various states, labwork, and everything in between. 

Seriously, these old nalgenes are ****ing TANKS.  I have used it to hammer stakes into hard ground while camping.  It has fallen off of a cliff.  It has boiled water in a campfire.  I have crushed cans with it to prove to the other cans who was boss.  The water has frozen inside without damaging the bottle.  I only put non-water in it once, but I learned my lesson.  I couldn't get out the orange juice flavor for a few days.  Once I used it to bash an old TV to smithereens.  Good times.

I have two water bottles now.  I keep a lighter blue one with printed damask at home for everyday use.  The original blue is at my workstation in the lab.  Nalgene products are so common in lab, that safety doesn't give me **** about having a drinking container at my work area.  They don't seem to notice it.

I try to keep my home bottle clean.  The dishwasher sees to that.  At work, the water is deionized, so I don't have to deal with any scaly buildup of grossness.  When I brought it up originally, I washed it out.  Washing in lab isn't like washing at home.  I poured 500 mLs of 33% nitric acid and shook it like a baby that won't stop crying.  As I rinsed the acid out, these sheets of scale kept coming out.  The acid had dissolved enough of the calcified coating on the inside, that layers were sloughing off like some membranous ejection.  It was truly disgusting.  That day I remembered that my water bottle was translucent when I bought it, but over the years had become opaque.  Now it is as clear as it was from the factory, if you ignore the scores of battle scars and scrapes that grace the exterior.

Now, that is how you write a love letter to a water bottle.

Beautiful

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #44 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 17:48:35 »
At work, the water is deionized, so I don't have to deal with any scaly buildup of grossness.

Whaaaat you drink DI water regularly?  Isn't that not so great?

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #45 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 18:12:06 »
At work, the water is deionized, so I don't have to deal with any scaly buildup of grossness.

Whaaaat you drink DI water regularly?  Isn't that not so great?

It is only a problem if you exclusively drink DI water.  I drink tap at home, so I make up for it.  I would drink the tap here, but I've seen things.  Things you people wouldn't believe....

Offline jackalope

• Now with 20% more soul.
« Reply #46 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 18:20:51 »
Not an entry as I currently have bro's and am about to sell my only topre keyboard. Just thought it would be cool to share the orgin.

I am a big fan of mythology and folklore, and the jackalope is particularly interesting to me because according to folklore the best way to catch a jackalope is with whiskey because they have a fondness for it and become slower and easier to catch, as do I on both accounts lol.  Personally I find the rest of the mythos around them interesting, jackalope milk is a powerful aphrodisiac,  jackalopes only mate during thunderstorms when lighting flashes, and a few others.

Awesome idea for a giveaway, it's interesting reading the orgin of people's usernames.
eh o well

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #47 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 18:23:37 »
Not an entry as I currently have bro's and am about to sell my only topre keyboard. Just thought it would be cool to share the orgin.

I am a big fan of mythology and folklore, and the jackalope is particularly interesting to me because according to folklore the best way to catch a jackalope is with whiskey because they have a fondness for it and become slower and easier to catch, as do I on both accounts lol.  Personally I find the rest of the mythos around them interesting, jackalope milk is a powerful aphrodisiac,  jackalopes only mate during thunderstorms when lighting flashes, and a few others.

Awesome idea for a giveaway, it's interesting reading the orgin of people's usernames.

I just remember the jackalope from AFV with Bob Saget.

Offline jackalope

• Now with 20% more soul.
« Reply #48 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 18:35:43 »

I just remember the jackalope from AFV with Bob Saget.

americas funniest people with Dave Coulier

I can't seem to embed youtube videos lol.
eh o well

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #49 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 21:58:27 »

Dood... wtf... I played RO since beta (2001-2002?) up until like maybe 3-4 years ago... WHY DIDN'T I KNOW YOU PLAYED THIS?!
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 February 2015, 22:09:59 by VesperSAINT »