Author Topic: PBT Keycaps  (Read 1657 times)

Offline 6rant

PBT Keycaps
« on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 14:39:53 »
Hey! I recently bought a KUL ES-87 and really want some PBT caps (as similar to the ones I had on my Poker 2 PBT as I can get). Can anyone point me in the right direction for either used or new?

Offline Liar

Re: PBT Keycaps
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 15:03:11 »

Offline 6rant

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 16:25:09 »
Thanks!

How do these look? http://www.geekkeys.com/top-printed-pbt-104-keyset/

I love the feel of the Poker 2 w/ reds and PBT caps so I'm trying to replicate that.

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 21:09:27 »
Poker 2 would be cherry profile? maybe not. idk lol

But those are OEM profile you linked there. If they're both OEM then maybe... but im not sure the thickness on those vs. Poker.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 21:12:53 »
Poker 2 would be cherry profile? maybe not. idk lol

But those are OEM profile you linked there. If they're both OEM then maybe... but im not sure the thickness on those vs. Poker.

Pokers are OEM profile.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 09:46:49 »
Ducky thick PBT sets are probably the closest to the Poker caps (thick OEM profile PBT): http://zealpc.net/products/ducky-pbt-keycaps

I think the OEM profile ones sold by Feng are Keycool and if so they're only medium thickness, thicker than most stock ABS caps, but thinner than stock Poker II caps and "thick" Cherry profile ones.

If you don't mind Cherry profile (I actually much prefer it), then there are a whole lot more options. The actual typing feel is fairly similar, but they're lower overall profile.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.