Author Topic: F1 2015  (Read 51290 times)

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
Re: F1 2015
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 07:53:05 »
And Kimi dropping out from 5th because they didn't put his wheel on properly... sigh. I can't imagine the little shoving in the first corner had anything to do with it, because it was all on the right side of his car..

It seemed like there were a LOT of pit stop errors. They played a replay of when Kimi left the pits just before that, and you can see the crew on the rear left waving at him to come back. They will probably be fined for unsafe release, as another team was last year when the wheel fell off a car as it drove down the pit lane. Can't remember who it was.

Then Torro Rosso had issues when both guns on the rear left failed and they had to use a gun from the front left to get the tire off.

I thought it was exciting. Maybe not at the front, and all the retirements weren't good for the first race of the season, but I didn't think it was as boring as people are saying it was.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 13:47:41 »
And Kimi dropping out from 5th because they didn't put his wheel on properly... sigh. I can't imagine the little shoving in the first corner had anything to do with it, because it was all on the right side of his car..

It seemed like there were a LOT of pit stop errors. They played a replay of when Kimi left the pits just before that, and you can see the crew on the rear left waving at him to come back. They will probably be fined for unsafe release, as another team was last year when the wheel fell off a car as it drove down the pit lane. Can't remember who it was.

Then Torro Rosso had issues when both guns on the rear left failed and they had to use a gun from the front left to get the tire off.

I thought it was exciting. Maybe not at the front, and all the retirements weren't good for the first race of the season, but I didn't think it was as boring as people are saying it was.

Yeah I did think it was strange how much slower and how many more errors there where at Aus... maybe it's just rusty mechanics?? idk.. but yeah the race wasn't that bad and it was a good result for the new guys.
Alot of people seem to either be new to F1 or to have amnesia, anyone remember the US GP (from 2002 I think?) when only 6 cars started the race becasue Bridgestone hadn't supplied the other teams with safe tires?? That was a farce.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 13:55:25 »
Yeah I did think it was strange how much slower and how many more errors there where at Aus... maybe it's just rusty mechanics?? idk.. but yeah the race wasn't that bad and it was a good result for the new guys.
Alot of people seem to either be new to F1 or to have amnesia, anyone remember the US GP (from 2002 I think?) when only 6 cars started the race becasue Bridgestone hadn't supplied the other teams with safe tires?? That was a farce.

That is the most promising thing. The rookies did really really well, and with Ferrari being able to compete, it really bodes well for the near future of F1.

That is exactly the race it made me think of. Bridgestone said their tires wouldn't stand up to the high speed corner out of the start-finish straight after Ralf Schumacher crashed out, and all the cars started but the Bridgestone cars went into the pits after the formation lap. It was pretty ridiculous.

Obviously it wasn't quite as bad as that because that ruined F1 in the USA for years, but the amount of failures did remind me of that race for sure.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 13:57:16 »
Yeah, and I agree with Ferrari, did you see the drivers interview after the race where Nico made a total fool of himself??

>nico..

Offline evolveS

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 15:37:00 »
Speaking of making a fool of yourself, I like RBR and Horner but his talk of leaving F1 is really uncalled for. If you're upset with your car/engine supplier then deal with that but leave the FIA out of this.

The sport will be just fine with Merc at the top for another year.
"money comes and goes, but doubleshots are forever"
-a petty thief

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 17:33:08 »
Speaking of making a fool of yourself, I like RBR and Horner but his talk of leaving F1 is really uncalled for. If you're upset with your car/engine supplier then deal with that but leave the FIA out of this.

Yeah, its a shame RBR are such *****es, Ferrari, Mclaren and Merc never cried about RBR's success and domination... hell Merc didn't do much when RBR managed to lobby for older tires that suited there care more in 2013, which pretty much put an end to Lewis's title hopes.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 05:10:49 »

Horner: "I CAN'T BELIEVE MERCEDES ARE SO DOMINANT. THIS ISN'T FAIR. WE ARE LEAVING"

Everyone else: "Didn't you win 4 championships in a row?"

Horner: "THAT'S NOT THE POINT!"

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #57 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 10:39:11 »
as a Mercedes' fan, I actually enjoy RBR's reaction, such a joke
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #58 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 13:42:18 »
More bad news for McLaren, Kmag's/Alonso's engine that blew up in Aus can't be fixed, down to only three for them for the rest of the season...

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 13:44:36 »
More bad news for McLaren, Kmag's/Alonso's engine that blew up in Aus can't be fixed, down to only three for them for the rest of the season...

Them and Kvyat now.

Also, no German GP D:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/31930827

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #60 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 13:46:26 »
Thought kavyat was ok for his engine?

Offline Dihedral

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #61 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 14:03:04 »
Thought kavyat was ok for his engine?

Wasn't it Kvyat's Gearbox?

Offline evolveS

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #62 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 14:57:25 »

Them and Kvyat now.

Also, no German GP D:

2015: small grids, shorter schedule, and lots of penalties for extra power unit components.

I will say the FIA decreasing the number of engines for this season was not smart, even with the friendlier component penalties. With the engine suppliers taking bigger engineering & financial risks with very complex V6s, what did the FIA expect?
"money comes and goes, but doubleshots are forever"
-a petty thief

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #63 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 15:02:36 »

Them and Kvyat now.

Also, no German GP D:

2015: small grids, shorter schedule, and lots of penalties for extra power unit components.

I will say the FIA decreasing the number of engines for this season was not smart, even with the friendlier component penalties. With the engine suppliers taking bigger engineering & financial risks with very complex V6s, what did the FIA expect?

tbf I don't thin anyone expected Renault to be so ****ing horrendous this season, but yeah it's pretty unfair for Mclaren

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #64 on: Sat, 28 March 2015, 03:58:58 »

Look over there, it's quali!

it raining
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 March 2015, 04:40:43 by baldgye »

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #65 on: Sat, 28 March 2015, 04:43:56 »
So much rain holy ****.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #66 on: Sat, 28 March 2015, 04:45:05 »
Kat you follow a driver or team?

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #67 on: Sat, 28 March 2015, 04:59:06 »
I am a fan of British drivers in general. I like LH because it's good to bask in some British glory, even if I steadily liked him less and less last year for various reasons. I really like JB and am quite sad how badly McLaren are doing this year, especially because I think he won't be in F1 next year.

As for teams, I really like Caterham (RIP) I'm glad Marussia are back, but McLaren and Mercedes are my top 2 teams, even if I hate Mercedes cars.

So drivers atm it's JB, LH then probably Kimi actually. I think he's a cool dude.

I'm happy Honda are back, so I'm probably rooting for them and McLaren more than Mercedes.

You?

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #68 on: Sat, 28 March 2015, 05:04:36 »
Lewis fanboy, not really been into any of the teams... that said I started my hatred of Mclaren from about 2011 onwards. They have consistently been the worst team of the bigger boys and Martin Whitmarsh was in charge for far too long, Lewis should have won the championship in 2012, Mclaren had the best car (for most of the season) and IMO two of the best drivers in the world and they not only lost there star driver (Lewis) they failed to win either Drivers or Constructors Champ's.

Other than Lewis I'm a huge fan of Alonso becasue IMO he's the most complete driver on the planet and one of the greatest ever drivers, he's just been politically poor, I really hope Mclaren turn it around so he can be back battling with Lewis.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #69 on: Sat, 28 March 2015, 05:11:23 »
Lewis fanboy, not really been into any of the teams... that said I started my hatred of Mclaren from about 2011 onwards. They have consistently been the worst team of the bigger boys and Martin Whitmarsh was in charge for far too long, Lewis should have won the championship in 2012, Mclaren had the best car (for most of the season) and IMO two of the best drivers in the world and they not only lost there star driver (Lewis) they failed to win either Drivers or Constructors Champ's.

Other than Lewis I'm a huge fan of Alonso becasue IMO he's the most complete driver on the planet and one of the greatest ever drivers, he's just been politically poor, I really hope Mclaren turn it around so he can be back battling with Lewis.

I've never followed any principals or team bosses or anything, other than Renault during the whole "crashgate" of course. And Adrian Newey, because he's managed to pull Geri Haliwell hah.

As for Alonso, he's my least favorite driver. I just started to dislike him during the season he was battling with Lewis, and I've never liked him since. I agree he is a good driver, I just don't like him :P But anybody being able to challenge Mercedes is good.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #70 on: Sat, 28 March 2015, 05:15:52 »

I've never followed any principals or team bosses or anything, other than Renault during the whole "crashgate" of course. And Adrian Newey, because he's managed to pull Geri Haliwell hah.

As for Alonso, he's my least favorite driver. I just started to dislike him during the season he was battling with Lewis, and I've never liked him since. I agree he is a good driver, I just don't like him :P But anybody being able to challenge Mercedes is good.

Yeah that's what I mean by politically poor lol... he should be a 4x champion but.. **** happens lol he's matured alot since 07 and it has shown in his driving and its part of what makes him the best driver on the grid.

But I have to say, I like JB because of his wife and off-track antics more than what he does in a car haha

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #71 on: Sat, 28 March 2015, 05:32:48 »
>rosberg blocks lewis
>then asks what lines to drive
>half a second slower
>get****edm8

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #72 on: Sat, 28 March 2015, 05:33:59 »
Yeah that's what I mean by politically poor lol... he should be a 4x champion but.. **** happens lol he's matured alot since 07 and it has shown in his driving and its part of what makes him the best driver on the grid.

But I have to say, I like JB because of his wife and off-track antics more than what he does in a car haha

Hahah, yeah, I like him because he's a nice guy. But you're right. His wife is amazing.

One of my friends at work hates LH with a passion, and wants Rosberg to win all the time. So naturally last year was fun. So in response I hate Nico Rosberg :D

Not surprised Lewis got pole. He is great in the wet. Glad we've finally got another team on the front row!

>rosberg blocks lewis
>then asks what lines to drive
>half a second slower
>get****edm8

Guys, what do I do?

You know we can't tell you that.

Awwww...

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #73 on: Sat, 28 March 2015, 05:39:33 »
I never really had an opinion of Nico pre-2014... from what I can tell he is able to absorb data and then replicate that on track and Lewis beasting it in practice Nico to adapt his driving for quali which is why he was able to out qualify him.

But his antics, cheating or not playing fair has put me way off him. It was pretty clear after Bahrain that Nico was no match for Lewis on track in the race.

But yeah, interesting session, shame Nico had to cheat again but Lewis had done just enough to hang onto pole from Vettel... dat Ferrari

ha @ Lewis in the press conference, not even gona dignify Nico's antics with an answer... he got this season
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 March 2015, 05:42:34 by baldgye »

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #74 on: Sat, 28 March 2015, 05:47:05 »
I never really had an opinion of Nico pre-2014... from what I can tell he is able to absorb data and then replicate that on track and Lewis beasting it in practice Nico to adapt his driving for quali which is why he was able to out qualify him.

But his antics, cheating or not playing fair has put me way off him. It was pretty clear after Bahrain that Nico was no match for Lewis on track in the race.

But yeah, interesting session, shame Nico had to cheat again but Lewis had done just enough to hang onto pole from Vettel... dat Ferrari

Yeah. Monaco and Spa made me dislike him. Then Bahrain just made me pity him, just showing that he really couldn't keep up with Lewis and had to rely on reliability to win. And when his engine conked out in Abu Dabhi I felt kinda sad that we didn't see a race, and ultimately I felt sorry for him how you could hear the disappointment in his voice.

Still shows that even though he couldn't get a lap out at the final hurdle, the Ferrari couldn't beat him.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #75 on: Sat, 28 March 2015, 05:51:27 »

Yeah. Monaco and Spa made me dislike him. Then Bahrain just made me pity him, just showing that he really couldn't keep up with Lewis and had to rely on reliability to win. And when his engine conked out in Abu Dabhi I felt kinda sad that we didn't see a race, and ultimately I felt sorry for him how you could hear the disappointment in his voice.

Still shows that even though he couldn't get a lap out at the final hurdle, the Ferrari couldn't beat him.

"what lines is the fist place guy taking?"
"sorry nico we cant tell you that"

ha

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #76 on: Sat, 28 March 2015, 06:01:24 »

Tomorrow should be good!

Offline Dihedral

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #77 on: Sat, 28 March 2015, 06:05:01 »
<snip>

Tomorrow should be good!

Only if vettel can hold onto 2nd. I have half a mind to think he'll loose it before the first corner. The weather will be crucial, as always is the case

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #78 on: Sat, 28 March 2015, 08:53:48 »
<snip>

Tomorrow should be good!

Only if vettel can hold onto 2nd. I have half a mind to think he'll loose it before the first corner. The weather will be crucial, as always is the case

nah I think the mid field will be pretty exciting and give us alot of good racing

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #79 on: Sat, 28 March 2015, 09:02:52 »
Go Ericsson!

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #80 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 01:35:57 »
ALL I WANNA DO IS DO IT

Let's go Lewis. Nico's starts off the line have never been good. I think Vettel will beat him off the line and it will take a few laps for him to get past.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #81 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 01:54:58 »
Yeash boi 5mins!

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #82 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 02:27:54 »
Well the safety car was excessive. But let's see how it effects the rest of the race.

Gutted for Kimi already too :(

Offline Dihedral

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #83 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 02:30:07 »
Well the safety car was excessive. But let's see how it effects the rest of the race.

Agreed, could have brought it in at least a lap earlier. Kimi was really unlucky, not his fault and the absolute worst place for a puncture.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #84 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 02:32:28 »

Agreed, could have brought it in at least a lap earlier. Kimi was really unlucky, not his fault and the absolute worst place for a puncture.

I don't think they needed it at all. But I understand they are chucking them out for everything.

Offline Dihedral

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #85 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 02:34:11 »

I don't think they needed it at all. But I understand they are chucking them out for everything.

I've had no problem with it since suzuka.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #86 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 02:35:24 »

I've had no problem with it since suzuka.

Mmm...

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #87 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 02:48:23 »
Eugh, bad idea to put the hard tires on Lewis. That Ferrari is insane.

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #88 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 03:02:34 »
Even Im a fan of Merc, its so exciting to see Ferrari goes like this, their chassis is clearly much better now :P
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #89 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 03:06:44 »
Even Im a fan of Merc, its so exciting to see Ferrari goes like this, their chassis is clearly much better now :P

Definitely. If Kimi and Lewis both finish on the podium today, it will be a good day.

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #90 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 03:14:55 »
Lewis goes on hard again
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #91 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 03:29:58 »
Lewis goes on hard again

He's moaning at his engineers again. That's what I hate about him.

This has been a great race. People saying it's been boring can ram it. Although potential for another spygate scandal from Ferrari? ;)

Offline Dihedral

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #92 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 03:31:34 »

Also seems to be an engine improvement - a noticeably larger amount of power.

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #93 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 03:31:39 »
Lewis goes on hard again

He's moaning at his engineers again. That's what I hate about him.

This has been a great race. People saying it's been boring can ram it. Although potential for another spygate scandal from Ferrari? ;)

Yeah I noticed that too, act angry at the engineer doesnt help him pass Vettel

Thats why I never really like him, even from the time he was at McLaren
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #94 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 03:43:58 »
That awesome pass from Bottas :P
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #95 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 03:46:44 »
Ferarri are officially back.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #96 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 03:47:29 »
Damn, Merc have some serious tires issues... gj from Ferrari and Vettel... wonder how this will play out for the rest of the season...

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #97 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 03:48:29 »
Still think it's Lewis's championship to loose... but this should give Merc something to think about

Offline Dihedral

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #98 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 03:50:18 »
i would like to see a nice close up of alonso's face right now.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #99 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 03:54:24 »
i would like to see a nice close up of alonso's face right now.

idk I think he made the right move. It was never going to pay off this season Mclaren and Honda are a year behind all the other teams and the leap they have had in performance is probably equal to that of Ferrari this year over last.