Author Topic: Best way to find caps you may have missed.  (Read 1702 times)

Offline NoblesseOblige

Best way to find caps you may have missed.
« on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 11:28:00 »
So I only just recently got into buying keycap sets and made the mistake of buying an incomplete SP Midnight set from PMK. In my ignorance I didn't realize 'additional modifiers' was different from 'modifiers' until it was delivered recently. So now I have this partial set that I really would like to complete. Thus far I've searched classified here to try and find either the modifiers or a whole other set to buy from someone but no luck.

Are there any other recommended places to search for missed keycaps/sets?

Edit: No longer in search for the Midnight modifiers. Still happy to find new places to look for missed sets in the future though.
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 March 2015, 13:12:44 by NoblesseOblige »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: Best way to find caps you may have missed.
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 11:29:24 »
Classifieds here or in other forums (/r/mechmarket, Deskthority classifieds, etc) as well as eBay. You can always buy caps out of the classifieds.

Offline NoblesseOblige

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 11:31:27 »
Classifieds here or in other forums (/r/mechmarket, Deskthority classifieds, etc) as well as eBay. You can always buy caps out of the classifieds.

Whoops, forgot to mention I made a WTB post on /r/mechmarket too. Didn't know about Deskthority however. I'll check it out. Thanks.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 11:32:11 »
You need 25 posts and 2 months of membership to create a thread in the classifieds.  Toss a me a PM with which mod set you're looking for;  I have a few extra sets of each from helping the set tip that I've been meaning to put up in the classifieds.

Offline drewba

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 13:01:44 »
I apologize if I'm not understanding your question, but SP/PMK is still selling Midnight mods from their store http://keyshop.pimpmykeyboard.com/products/full-keysets/midnight-keycap-set

If the classified sections that have already been suggested lead you nowhere, you could hold out for a complementary keyset with the same profile that pops up on PMK (or somewhere else). I'm planning on mixing keys from PMK Think Different & Deep Blue.
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 March 2015, 13:05:06 by drewba »

Offline Hellcatz

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 13:07:15 »
pimp my keyboard are selling leftover sets maybe they can hook u up

Offline NoblesseOblige

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 13:10:18 »
I apologize if I'm not understanding your question, but SP/PMK is still selling Midnight mods from their store http://keyshop.pimpmykeyboard.com/products/full-keysets/midnight-keycap-set

If the classified sections that have already been suggested lead you nowhere, you could hold out for a complementary keyset with the same profile that pops up on PMK (or somewhere else). I'm planning on mixing keys from PMK Think Different & Deep Blue.

They're selling 'additional modifiers' but they don't contain all modifiers. For instance, caps lock, esc, and enter are missing. The full modifiers are these:

http://www.pimpmykeyboard.com/deals/twilight-modifiers/
http://www.pimpmykeyboard.com/deals/midnight-modifiers/

And I was lucky in my search thanks to Trizkut, so I no longer am after those.

Still interested in finding more sites to look for more sets in the future though.

Offline drewba

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 13:16:24 »
Still interested in finding more sites to look for more sets in the future though.

Check out this sticky