Author Topic: Missed keycap GB on GH  (Read 1359 times)

Offline spartan7

Missed keycap GB on GH
« on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 01:06:44 »
Hey guys, I just discovered the world of mechanical keyboards and GH. I found the GB section and fell in love with some sets but it looks like they are not taking orders. My question to you is.

If I missed a GB for a set, what is the process to find out if there is a round 2? Do I just post on the GB thread and hope for the best?

I'm so bummed I missed out on the TOXiC and the Black on Black PBT 104/105 and would like to hear what you guys do in this situation. Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Re: Missed keycap GB on GH
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 01:07:39 »
You might be able to take over a black on black from someone or buy one from someone once they ship.  Toxic extras will be up in the store on ctrlalt.io.  The other option is to check the classifieds.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 01:28:31 »
Classifieds are a good place to hunt. Make a WTB thread once you're able to as well.

Best of luck finding what you're after!

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 08:10:03 »
Well, if it's a CTRLALT run GB, extras will get put up on their site. And inevitably there will be some people selling their sets in the classifieds right after the buy
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline NoblesseOblige

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 10:13:00 »
I made a similar thread to this last week: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=69880.0

A responder actually had what I was looking for and was willing to sell. I lurk classifieds for WTS threads also to find things I may have missed. I've seen a few Toxics for sale though they get snatched pretty quick.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 11:55:29 »
What often happens is people get their keyset from the GB and either get tired of the newness or something else comes along. So they sell it in classifieds. It's more or less inevitable, even with the best keysets. So just be patient and it will come along.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline spartan7

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 13:34:45 »
Cool. I will check out the classifieds. Guess its because I just got into mechanical keyboards that I also have the itch to put my own mark on mine. I never really thought of the time I spend typing and on the computer. Now thinking back it seems a logical step to customize my keyboard, especially when they last soo long compared to a rubber dome keyboard.

Been looking over the threads on keycaps and especially the profiles of them. I do think that lower would be better (many love cherry). Which would you guys recommend best for speed and accuracy?  I know it has a lot to do with personal preference,but there is a point above preference where there is actual facts that back up a certain choice.

thanks for the great info. I never knew there was so much regarding keyboards.