Author Topic: Lootkeys Keycap Project  (Read 65651 times)

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: Lootkeys Keycap Project
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 19 July 2015, 16:21:05 »
The picture will not load for me :/

Offline whizzard

• whizzard got ur gizzard
    • LOOTKEYS BLOG
« Reply #101 on: Sun, 19 July 2015, 17:40:12 »
The picture will not load for me :/
That's weird ... It says lootkeys(at)gmail.com, I only put it in an image to cut down on spam from webcrawlers or whatever.

Offline whizzard

• LOOTKEYS BLOG
« Reply #102 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 10:24:22 »
All keys are now off and away!!  I went a little overboard on the packaging and presentation, but I like when I get something that someone took pride in not just the item but the package it comes in.  If someone does an unboxing pictorial you will see what I mean.  :))

Delivery is First Class Mail / First Class International.  USA usually 4-7 days delivery time, International 5-10 days average I believe.  catdogpaw will probably get his first because he is only about a half hour from where I am.  This was a blast!  Lots of work, but fun anyhow.

I know when you get your stuff you guys will ask this so I will answer it ahead of time... what does "Lootscore" mean?  Lootscore is basically just extra points that you can use on future sales/giveaways.  I gave different amounts depending on how you did on this series.  If you got a great score, you got less bonus points for next time... if you got a terrible score, you got more points for next time.  I hope this system works out... keep in mind this was called "Alpha" for a reason.  It is hard enough making keys and putting on a sale / giveaway, I want to be careful not to make it too much work so I will continue enjoying doing this.

I REALLY HOPE YOU ALL LIKE YOUR CAPS!   :thumb:

Offline onemegamanfan

« Reply #103 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 10:36:36 »
I know when you get your stuff you guys will ask this so I will answer it ahead of time... what does "Lootscore" mean?  Lootscore is basically just extra points that you can use on future sales/giveaways.  I gave different amounts depending on how you did on this series.  If you got a great score, you got less bonus points for next time... if you got a terrible score, you got more points for next time.  I hope this system works out... keep in mind this was called "Alpha" for a reason.  It is hard enough making keys and putting on a sale / giveaway, I want to be careful not to make it too much work so I will continue enjoying doing this.

This sound like a cool idea I hope it works out well.  It will be nice to have a chance to increase your number if there is a cap you really want.  Any chance of a full ice cube key set? 

Offline whizzard

• LOOTKEYS BLOG
« Reply #104 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 10:39:15 »
This sound like a cool idea I hope it works out well.  It will be nice to have a chance to increase your number if there is a cap you really want.  Any chance of a full ice cube key set?

I don't think I could do a full set without going mad... it takes a while to do each key, and if it doesn't come out perfect or close to it, I dud the cap.

I can definitely consider doing an ice cube gamer set though if there is enough interest, like WASD and ESC.

Offline onemegamanfan

« Reply #105 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 10:48:11 »

I can definitely consider doing an ice cube gamer set though if there is enough interest, like WASD and ESC.

WASD set would be awesome!

Offline Sn0_Man

« Reply #106 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 10:52:31 »

I don't think I could do a full set without going mad... it takes a while to do each key, and if it doesn't come out perfect or close to it, I dud the cap.

I believe I've already voiced my interest, but gamer sets yes please!
Pok3r w/Clears & blank PBT

Offline catdogpaw

« Reply #107 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 11:20:14 »

Sounds like you need a few gnomes of your own...

This is so exciting! I'm honored to be the one who'll likely receive it the first :D

Thanks again, whizzard!

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #108 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 12:49:31 »
That was quick, thanks whizzard!

My last 1st class from America was here in a record 4 days and that was sent on a Monday - hopefully history will repeat itself :D
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline rm-rf

« Reply #109 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 13:19:48 »
Looking forward to Lootkeys delivery.
I remember when you first started talking about the campfire/firepit keycap.
I hope you haven't given up on that.

Offline whizzard

• LOOTKEYS BLOG
« Reply #110 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 13:40:00 »
Looking forward to Lootkeys delivery.
I remember when you first started talking about the campfire/firepit keycap.
I hope you haven't given up on that.

Actually I made that cap... came out pretty good too!  Its exciting that these are all heading out across the country, even the world!  Hopefully this is just the beginning.  I will have to graduate to the artisan services forum and do sales next time so I can afford to keep crafting and sending out caps.

I am not going to be abandoning these designs, I like each of them... but I have some ideas for new designs that I think you will all really like.  Now I can start working on those.  I want to incorporate my mini 3D printer to help take things to the next level (just sent it out to be fixed).I also just got a new group buy keyboard that I want to throw together... so plenty of mech keyboard tasks to be done.  :thumb:

Offline whizzard

• LOOTKEYS BLOG
« Reply #111 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 13:42:52 »

My last 1st class from America was here in a record 4 days and that was sent on a Monday - hopefully history will repeat itself :D

I don't remember exactly where you are in Canada... but I am in the Northeast USA and not too far from Canada, so if you are near the East Coast it might just happen!  ;D

Offline TastaturenAuslese

• Formerly temence
  • life marrow suckerer
« Reply #112 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 16:08:03 »

I don't remember exactly where you are in Canada... but I am in the Northeast USA and not too far from Canada, so if you are near the East Coast it might just happen!  ;D
Are things already delivered? =))
Home: Kishsaver - IBM 6019284/F62 | Work: HHKB Professional 2 Silenced | Temporary Retirement:
More
IBM '89 1391401 Merrill Lynch Financial Edition

They are a functional and practical indulgence.

Offline whizzard

• LOOTKEYS BLOG
« Reply #113 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 18:15:31 »

Are things already delivered? =))

Not delivered yet, but they all went out this morning.  It was strange walking into the post office with all those little boxes lol

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #114 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 18:43:34 »

I'm in England in the UK which is what makes it so impressive - that package cut my previous speed record in half and I doubt it will ever happen again, but you never know!

I just hope I get my hands on the package before I know what's in there due to other happy people posting pics...
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline whizzard

• LOOTKEYS BLOG
« Reply #115 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 18:49:58 »
I'm in England in the UK which is what makes it so impressive - that package cut my previous speed record in half and I doubt it will ever happen again, but you never know!

Holy hell man... that fast to UK first class is absurd.  I have had to wait upwards of 2 weeks going the other way round getting something from UK "Royal Mail".  You Brits are so distinguished... even your mail is royal.  ;)

Offline catdogpaw

« Reply #116 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 19:51:56 »
It's here! The first keycap from the Lootkeys Keycap Project is now in the hands of a new fan!  ;D :D

The keycap is just so amazingly well packed—I have some photos of the unboxing. First unboxing I've done, so please excuse the photos and the bad phone camera. However I hope that I can convey the thought that went into the packing—and also some of the beauty of the abductor!

Spoilers ahead...

A box with my name on it [addresses deleted]

More

Where's the keycap yo?

Ah I found another box in there.... wait is that a good score? isn't a good score actually a bad one? I want to be able to buy more keys #$%#!

Some more box photos because unboxings seem to be all about the boxes....

and... it's the real deal.

Ok I bet you guys are getting impatient... BUT WAIT! WHAT'S THAT?

« Last Edit: Tue, 21 July 2015, 20:33:21 by catdogpaw »

Offline catdogpaw

« Reply #117 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 19:52:38 »
...continued

More

HALP my abductor is alive!

More
phew it's an led

abductor! he looks scary and cute at the same time...

my photos suck but the details are amazing... and the head's so damn smooth—it's beautiful  :')

Thanks, whizzard! This is a very generous giveaway, and I am really impressed with the thought that went into the design and the packing. The keycap itself—well it's gorgeous, and I'm really impressed with how well finished it is... hard to believe it's hand crafted! Also I really like how the green has a matte finish while the red is glossy. Looks incredible.

For everyone waiting, you guys are in for a treat. I almost wanted to wait and not spoil the surprise, but it was too awesome to keep secret!

EDIT: Mandatory meet the cat photo [Don't try this at home! She immediately wanted to play with it.]

« Last Edit: Tue, 21 July 2015, 20:51:23 by catdogpaw »

Offline onemegamanfan

« Reply #118 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 19:59:14 »
Oh man I can't wait for mine now!

Offline whizzard

• LOOTKEYS BLOG
« Reply #119 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 20:22:27 »
HAHAHA yea I was wondering how people would react to opening a box and something glowing inside... only did that with US packages tho, didn't want to freak out customs agents  :cool:

thanks for the chuckle catdogpaw... made my night

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #120 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 20:27:54 »
Woa, nice packaging dude! That's so cool.

Offline catdogpaw

« Reply #121 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 20:28:45 »
HAHAHA yea I was wondering how people would react to opening a box and something glowing inside... only did that with US packages tho, didn't want to freak out customs agents  :cool:

sooooo where do I buy the icecubes?

This is the first artisan I have ever won :D What a great way to get started!

Offline whizzard

• LOOTKEYS BLOG
« Reply #122 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 20:34:07 »

sooooo where do I buy the icecubes?

This is the first artisan I have ever won :D What a great way to get started!

Thanks again for the kind words... I will have a sale not to very long from now I am sure.  I will build up a larger stock for the next one, and make plenty of cubes.  I had fun making the cards... gave me an excuse to use my typewriter and with the date created stamp (I forgot to type "created" on your card) gave it that old retro personal look.  16 was just about middle of the road... as far as the scoring went.  :D

• Formerly temence
  • life marrow suckerer
« Reply #123 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 21:07:49 »
SO excited! I wonder how long this'll take to get to Canada.
Home: Kishsaver - IBM 6019284/F62 | Work: HHKB Professional 2 Silenced | Temporary Retirement:
More

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #124 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 21:12:03 »
Wizz, who did you ship through?  Just wondering if I should watch the mailbox or the door

Offline whizzard

• LOOTKEYS BLOG
« Reply #125 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 21:13:58 »
Wizz, who did you ship through?  Just wondering if I should watch the mailbox or the door

Everything shipped USPS... if you are international, then whoever the USPS contracts to in your area.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #126 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 02:09:55 »
Thanks for the unboxing catdogpaw - much like you didn't want to post it I didn't want to read it, but couldn't help myself :))

Awesome cap and a fluffy cat, yesterday was a good day!  Now where's my postman...
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline catdogpaw

« Reply #127 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 08:56:29 »
Thanks for the unboxing catdogpaw - much like you didn't want to post it I didn't want to read it, but couldn't help myself :))

Awesome cap and a fluffy cat, yesterday was a good day!  Now where's my postman...

You're welcome :D

whizzard had mentioned he went "a little overboard" with the packing, so I made sure to take pictures (although they could be approximately 300% better).

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #128 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 13:42:05 »
received this today ..

No packaging pics ... cat in the way -___-

WIZZ, what is the little round thing that looks like it has batteries in it?

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #129 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 13:53:11 »
received this today ..

No packaging pics ... cat in the way -___-

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Rats! I wanted that one! I can't remember the other two I ordered, but that was definitely one of them!

Offline rm-rf

« Reply #130 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 14:39:02 »
posted mine in the "what did you get in the mail today"
sorry for the bad pics ^^

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=33130.msg1807276#msg1807276

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #131 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 14:41:37 »
posted mine in the "what did you get in the mail today"
sorry for the bad pics ^^

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=33130.msg1807276#msg1807276

Holy cow. It looks just like aerogel.

106216-0

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #132 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 14:57:00 »
WARNING: cell phone pics

So I saw tigersharkdude received his package today so I went to the mailbox and..

106218-0

whizzard wasn't joking when he said he wanted the package to be an experience  :p

106220-1

so 17 isn't that bad..

106224-2

106222-3

lights  :eek:

106226-4

and here it is  :D

106228-5

106230-6

here it is on the Dolch Pac

106232-7

and here it is on my Poker II

106234-8

I would like to thank whizzard for doing this giveaway and even covering the shipping for CONUS  :D this is my first artisan and it exceeded my expectations!

they posted sideways..  :( and i'm too lazy to fix it
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 July 2015, 14:58:32 by mason »

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #133 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 15:18:18 »
WARNING: cell phone pics

So I saw tigersharkdude received his package today so I went to the mailbox and..

(Attachment Link)

whizzard wasn't joking when he said he wanted the package to be an experience  :p

(Attachment Link)

so 17 isn't that bad..

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

lights  :eek:

(Attachment Link)

and here it is  :D

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

here it is on the Dolch Pac

(Attachment Link)

and here it is on my Poker II

(Attachment Link)

I would like to thank whizzard for doing this giveaway and even covering the shipping for CONUS  :D this is my first artisan and it exceeded my expectations!

they posted sideways..  :( and i'm too lazy to fix it

Sweet pics, man!

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #134 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 15:32:57 »

• Formerly temence
  • life marrow suckerer
« Reply #135 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 16:13:54 »
Got a photo from my US proxy with my keycap today! :) Blue ice cube. Really satisfied, but I'm also really curious to see who got the donkey.
More

Offline whizzard

• LOOTKEYS BLOG
« Reply #136 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 21:22:09 »

Lol the little thingy is just a little LED button light thingy I threw in there... just a little party favor and suprise if it was still glowing when you got it.  I am shocked that USPS is getting these packages to you guys so fast with just first class mail!  They got catdog his key in 24 hours... they normally let me down but damn, speedy service for the Lootkeys!

Offline whizzard

• LOOTKEYS BLOG
« Reply #137 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 21:24:19 »
Got a photo from my US proxy with my keycap today! :) Blue ice cube. Really satisfied, but I'm also really curious to see who got the donkey.

I am hoping both the guy who won the 1st place gold key and the donkey post pics when they get their boxes,  they had a little bit of a different package.  The donkey key will always just be a random strange key that is a consolation for scoring lowest (not one that looks like an actual donkey, to be clear  ;) ).  If they don't post it I will let ya know what the donkey key was.

edit: oh yea and thank you so much for the pics!  really enjoying them!!  I also had a funny thought, right now a few of my little key dudes could be 30,000 feet in the air flying over the Atlantic and Pacific Ocean.... godspeed little caps!
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 July 2015, 22:28:12 by whizzard »

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #138 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 23:36:49 »
Edit:

Sorry. Deleted the old pics since they were too big and took a while to load.

I completely had forgotten that I chose this cap, but I'm so glad to get it! The Leopold numpad is the only MX board I have at the moment, but I plan on getting a KUL soon.

[ Specified attachment is not available ]

« Last Edit: Thu, 23 July 2015, 17:22:42 by romevi »

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #139 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 23:55:13 »
Wow. Sorry about that. Gonna resize the pics in the morning so they don't take a gajillion years to load.

On that note, I LOVE IT! Unfortunately the Leopold numpad is the only Cherry board I own but I plan on getting a KUL soon.

Offline whizzard

• LOOTKEYS BLOG
« Reply #140 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 06:14:10 »
Wow. Sorry about that. Gonna resize the pics in the morning so they don't take a gajillion years to load.

On that note, I LOVE IT! Unfortunately the Leopold numpad is the only Cherry board I own but I plan on getting a KUL soon.

I am glad you are happy with your cap  :D

I always thought that one had really cool and striking colors ...  I spent a long time designing the angrys, my favorite thing about them is the "neck" that took a long time to carve and sculpt to seem organic.

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #141 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 08:52:18 »
My cap arrived! I got the "H" that so many people wanted, with a score of 32, almost the highest!

I will post pictures soon!
B.Face HHKB - B.mini - Black/Purple Custom

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #142 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 12:13:04 »
My cap arrived! I got the "H" that so many people wanted, with a score of 32, almost the highest!

I will post pictures soon!
Congrats, looking forward to them!

That means either I got higher than you (not likely) or I'm one of the unlucky 5% who didn't get one of their top two choices as H was my second :-X
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline fliptrik

« Reply #143 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 12:42:40 »
Posted my pictures over in the what did you receive in the mail thread as well. Didn't have a bunch of time to take pictures.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=33130.msg1808317#msg1808317

Offline onemegamanfan

« Reply #144 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 12:59:59 »
I got my box! :D

I ended up with a 27 and got my 2nd choice.  whizzard also tossed in an awesome Megaman cap (which will be on my keyboard as soon as I get home).
More

106328-0
106330-1
106332-2

Offline whizzard

• LOOTKEYS BLOG
« Reply #145 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 14:05:32 »
I couldn't resist sending you one of my megaman caps when I saw your username  :p  I had a few printed up because I am also a fan...  you also picked the only glow key in the whole lot.

fliptrick's key looks good but the color bleed under his chin is driving me nuts!  Oh well, gives it some character I guess :)  matches that keycap scheme nicely as well.  Thanks for the snapshots guys!!  So cool  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 July 2015, 14:10:45 by whizzard »

Offline onemegamanfan

« Reply #146 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 14:25:33 »
I couldn't resist sending you one of my megaman caps when I saw your username  :p  I had a few printed up because I am also a fan...  you also picked the only glow key in the whole lot.

I'm a huge fan of megaman.  I am planning on making some caps that are based off of the games when I have the time/resources.    The glow key looks sweet.  I will add a photo of it glowing when I get home (no leds at work).

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #147 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 15:55:19 »
I'm proxying one of these for a Canuck.  The unboxing was an experience in itself.  I arranged all the packaging in one photo to show everything.  First the big box filled with confetti.  Then the small box.  Then the burlap bag.  Then the plastic bag.  Then the small clear plastic case.  Then the keycap.  Took half my evening just unpacking the keycap.

106361-0
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline whizzard

• LOOTKEYS BLOG
« Reply #148 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 16:01:01 »
lol... sorry viva... as I said earlier, I did go a teensy bit overboard with the packaging / presentation  :-[

• Formerly temence
  • life marrow suckerer
« Reply #149 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 16:03:14 »
I'm proxying one of these for a Canuck.  The unboxing was an experience in itself.  I arranged all the packaging in one photo to show everything.  First the big box filled with confetti.  Then the small box.  Then the burlap bag.  Then the plastic bag.  Then the small clear plastic case.  Then the keycap.  Took half my evening just unpacking the keycap.

(Attachment Link)

Hey Viva! :) That Canuck is me :D
More