Author Topic: DuPont Teflon Lube  (Read 1665 times)

Offline greath

• A waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap.
DuPont Teflon Lube
« on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 15:04:38 »
I was wondering if anyone has used DuPont Teflon Non-Stick Dry-Film Lubricant for switch lubricant?

I'm new to lubing switches. I was trying to figure out what the "optimal" and "optimal for cost" lubricants are and I ran across some interesting information around the web. A reddit post from an elitekeyboards.com rep and a comment from mkawa here on geekhack have lead me to direct my attention away from Krytox and towards dry PTFE based lubes for cost, availability, and performance reasons.

I was hoping someone with more experience than I could give their thoughts/insight. If a user has a lot of experience with lubing and/or would be willing to write up their opinions on the lube I linked above, I would be willing to buy/ship them a bottle to get 1 to 1 comparison to more commonly used lubes here (Krytox seems to be the most popular, but maybe I've misread that).

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Re: DuPont Teflon Lube
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 16:23:28 »
EK have their own reasons for speaking out against Krytox.. namely pimping their own products.

I can say from experience, in the long run, nothing feels as good or holds up as well as Krytox in an office or home setting. 

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: DuPont Teflon Lube
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 17:15:24 »
I have used that lube you pictured with good results. It is great to have around the house for all sorts of other things anyway.

I use Elite Keyboards' thick lube for stabilizer tabs and it has been excellent. The curved plastic tip is great. I have done at least a couple of dozen keyboards and am just now running out.

Also a syringe of Krytox (maybe 1cc or less) has been quite nice and has lasted a long time.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015