Author Topic: [GB] PCB Mounted Cherry Stabilizers (shipping)  (Read 22535 times)

Offline Lpwl

• lpwl.bigcartel.com
    • My O-ring Store
Re: [GB] PCB Mounted Cherry Stabilizers (taking orders)
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 26 April 2015, 19:46:19 »
You can do crazy things with GON's website !

Something like this ...

... until logging-in :

;D

« Last Edit: Sun, 26 April 2015, 19:49:05 by Lpwl »

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #51 on: Sun, 26 April 2015, 19:52:45 »
Ahh, that is probably where i went wrong. I assumed i was logged in, but at work it's wasn't setup.

Yeah it pops up a fair bit after. Still a bulk pack of 2u stabs (50) comes out $60usd shipped for me. Which is still cheaper then this buy. If your looking at buying bulk in anyway his website is still potentially cheaper.

I think the initial shipping price point is not ideal for anyone. But when you get a few items in the cart as you have shown it is more then reasonable. I know that i was planning on stocking up and i think GON will end up being cheaper for me and i think it is a valid option if people are buying more then a couple of sets of anything. As you save more on the stabs then the increase in shipping costs vs the GB.

Offline awhitedev

« Reply #52 on: Sun, 26 April 2015, 19:54:10 »
Mine is still $25.60 shipping for X number of stab sets.

Edit: Shipping goes up $10 or so every 25 sets.

98638-0
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 April 2015, 19:57:12 by awhitedev »

Offline ceflame

« Reply #53 on: Sun, 26 April 2015, 20:00:17 »
Ahh, that is probably where i went wrong. I assumed i was logged in, but at work it's wasn't setup.

Yeah it pops up a fair bit after. Still a bulk pack of 2u stabs (50) comes out $60usd shipped for me. Which is still cheaper then this buy. If your looking at buying bulk in anyway his website is still potentially cheaper.

I think the initial shipping price point is not ideal for anyone. But when you get a few items in the cart as you have shown it is more then reasonable. I know that i was planning on stocking up and i think GON will end up being cheaper for me and i think it is a valid option if people are buying more then a couple of sets of anything. As you save more on the stabs then the increase in shipping costs vs the GB.

Definitely, if you're going to buy bulk numbers by yourself, it is cheaper to get it yourself.

Like I've stated before, it is more convenient for those who want just 1 or a couple sets, since it is cheaper to have them proxied over rather than everyone having to order directly from a korean source.

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #54 on: Sun, 26 April 2015, 20:07:27 »

Definitely, if you're going to buy bulk numbers by yourself, it is cheaper to get it yourself.

Like I've stated before, it is more convenient for those who want just 1 or a couple sets, since it is cheaper to have them proxied over rather than everyone having to order directly from a korean source.

I must have missed that post regarding bulk buying being cheaper and just wanted to highlight for people who were in a similar situation to me.

If anyone is interested the break point when using GON becomes cheaper is when i am roughly spending $60 - $65 (including shipping)

Offline ceflame

« Reply #55 on: Sun, 26 April 2015, 21:22:14 »

I must have missed that post regarding bulk buying being cheaper and just wanted to highlight for people who were in a similar situation to me.

If anyone is interested the break point when using GON becomes cheaper is when i am roughly spending $60 - $65 (including shipping)

Bulk ordering yourself is cheaper for yourself, which is pretty much the reason I started this, because for people just wanting a couple sets can get it cheaper through this buy.

I understand that we're not strictly talking about GON's reliability, but the quantity purchased make it more worthwhile to order for yourself, but here's what I have to say for those thinking of ordering from GON.

I was initially going to do this proxy ordering bulk from GON, but a couple of reasons compelled me to go with Hojin.Yi from Winkeyless instead.
  • It is very hard to get into contact with GON sometimes. I asked him about doing a bulk order on one day, and he answered immediately. The next day, I tried to contact him again, to no avail. Leaving him messages on Skype ALWAYS leads to nothing if he is not compelled to respond (left him 4 messages over the course of a month, and he did not reply to me once). On the other hand, emailing Hojin my questions led to a quick and detailed response.
  • He has a history of not following up on shipping dates (promising to ship on certain days, but never meeting expectations).
  • Neglecting to inform me of information regarding stock of parts leading to 3 month delivery date for a parts order to me.
  • GON has also chosen to stop responding to people on GH, stepping away from his own subforum. If you look at his Q&A thread, you can see some examples of what I have detailed above..
Please take my words with a grain of salt. These are my PERSONAL experiences. I have placed two orders with GON, both have had some problems, but in the end he has delivered, just not in an expected timely manner.

edit: Honestly, I do not want to downplay GON's services. This post is also sort of off-topic for this thread, but I felt I had to say something.
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 April 2015, 21:27:54 by ceflame »

Offline awhitedev

« Reply #56 on: Sun, 26 April 2015, 21:30:25 »
This and the sticker GB that just opened up seem to have the same thing in common.

It's cheaper if all you want are a few pieces and don't want to pay for shipping around the world. Take it for what it is. Depending on the amount you want and where you live your results may differ. For us in murica... this is a great opportunity to save in shipping cost.

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #57 on: Sun, 26 April 2015, 21:40:50 »
Just going to say one thing in regards to GON and leave it at that.

I have had a few interactions with GON and all went very well. Even when communication was slow. When i locked in my order(s) my order was shipping within a few days.

When your talking about products that do not required his assembly services or moq's to be met, I honestly believe these are shipped in a very timely manner. 

I don't want people to be scared away from his site when it comes to certain products he sells.

Offline unoab

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 26 April 2015, 22:14:10 »
For us in murica... this is a great opportunity to save in shipping cost.

More
Well if you are just looking for bulk 2u stabs buying them from an electronics supplier like mouser, which has the cherry 2u stabs for $0.88 at a quantity of 1 and dropping after that, might be cheaper:
Cherry G99-0224

And shipping starts at $4.99

Ceflame, you could possibly order all  extra 2u stabs from mouser to get a cheaper price if you get a number of orders for those.  You could probably save on the shipping from korea too if you could work out just getting the 6.25 stab bars from there and source all the stock parts locally.

Well.... I just did some searches, and you can even get cheaper than mouser (for the 2u stabs), I'll just leave this here for some thought:
Some even cheaper prices..

edit: ignore me I am an idiot and had the wrong part number there, all that is hidden above was for plate mount stabs, PCB mount ones are these
PCB mount 2u stabs
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 April 2015, 00:55:51 by unoab »

Offline hjc1710

« Reply #59 on: Sun, 26 April 2015, 23:02:49 »
ceflame, can I alter my order? I want to drop 2 stabs and get some gold ones from SPRiT now that he's doing wires + plastic parts. I haven't paid my invoice yet.

Whatchu want me do? PM'd to start it.
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 April 2015, 23:10:27 by hjc1710 »
Filco Majestouch II (B) | Poker II (BR) | Cherry G80-11900 (BLK) | Das V3 (BR) | RS84 (soon...)

Granite | Skull Squadron | Deep Space | Raindrop R2 | Hyperfuse GMK (soon...)

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 26 April 2015, 23:19:46 »
Down for 2 sets of complete 6.25

Offline TheOpposition

« Reply #61 on: Sun, 26 April 2015, 23:27:34 »
I'm glad I saw this, in for 2 sets
(2) Poker II's
Poker 3 W/ Blues
JD40
Ergrodox

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #62 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 11:00:36 »
Received my invoice, it will be paid Wednesday night. Thank you ceflame!

Offline joey

« Reply #63 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 18:44:41 »
Filled the form!

Offline awhitedev

« Reply #64 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 19:19:42 »
How close to 100 sets are we now? :)

Offline ceflame

« Reply #65 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 19:36:51 »

Don't think we will be able make it to 100 sets, unfortunately.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #66 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 22:06:52 »

Don't think we will be able make it to 100 sets, unfortunately.

What's it at?

Offline ceflame

« Reply #67 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 22:33:13 »
I'm currently at 37 sets, not sure what Lpwl is at.

Not sure if Hojin will allow us to get the bulk pricing for our combined order numbers, but if we assume he will, and Lpwl is at similar numbers to me,
then we would still need ~25-35 more sets ordered.

3 more days left.

Offline Lpwl

• lpwl.bigcartel.com
    • My O-ring Store
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 04:54:16 »

There is some good news regarding this !

Right now, it's the middle of the night in California but - no worries - ceflame will explain everything in a few hours.

;)

Offline awhitedev

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 05:41:38 »

There is some good news regarding this !

Right now, it's the middle of the night in California but - no worries - ceflame will explain everything in a few hours.

;)

#hype! If we're close to the price break it might motivate people to buy more to meet it. Even if it is just a 10% break :)
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 April 2015, 08:15:54 by awhitedev »

Offline ceflame

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 17:55:24 »
Hojin has offered us the 10% discount regardless of hitting 100 sets or not.

He is offering 10-20% discounts on most options on his site (including pcb/housing) if members are looking to run group buys for parts.

Unfortunately, since we were not fully anticipating reaching the 100 MOQ for 10% price drop, we had already sent out and received invoices from most people who have joined.

Here is what we have decided to do, since it would be a lot of work for me and Lpwl. If you have already joined, we are offering you a partial refund of $0.90 per TKL set or $1.20 per full set (numbers will be so-so in Euro) by request. Just send a PM to me (US buyers) or Lpwl (international buyers). Otherwise, your money will go towards supporting us :) .

Subsequent buyers (now until the end) will still be paying our original set GB price for consistency. Thanks!

Offline Lpwl

• lpwl.bigcartel.com
    • My O-ring Store
« Reply #71 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 22:58:48 »
Last day to order !

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #72 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 23:26:32 »
Edit. Sent you a pm.
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 May 2015, 03:08:10 by radio_killah »

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #73 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 01:48:08 »
Come on guys you know you want some of these for that project you plan on doing! Get in on it!

Offline ceflame

Re: [GB] PCB Mounted Cherry Stabilizers (orders closed)
« Reply #74 on: Sat, 02 May 2015, 02:18:20 »
Orders are officially closed!
There are still a couple people on my side who have not yet paid their invoices. I will send out pm reminders, but I want to get this wrapped up as soon as possible
so that we can place our order with winkeyless.

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #75 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 03:11:43 »
There are still a couple people on my side who have not yet paid their invoices. I will send out pm reminders, but I want to get this wrapped up as soon as possible

If there's any non-paying orders, I'd love to take over 1x TKL stabilizer set. I thought there was more time left on this buy for some reason and missed the order deadline >.<
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline ceflame

« Reply #76 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 03:16:25 »

If there's any non-paying orders, I'd love to take over 1x TKL stabilizer set. I thought there was more time left on this buy for some reason and missed the order deadline >.<

You can still put an order in. Just be able to pay the invoice within 1-2 days.
South Korea has non-working holidays until the 5th, so the order hasn't officially been submitted yet.

Offline missalaire

« Reply #77 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 14:13:37 »

South Korea has non-working holidays until the 5th, so the order hasn't officially been submitted yet.

Awesome, order submitted.

Last thing I needed to have sent to my Orion V2 assembler :)
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline ceflame

« Reply #78 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 19:48:04 »

Invoice is sent..

and more importantly.. order has officially been placed!

I ordered a couple extras for each option, so if any USA people are interested, just PM me.

Offline Lpwl

• lpwl.bigcartel.com
    • My O-ring Store
« Reply #79 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 07:24:08 »
We got dis !

;D

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #80 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 20:26:40 »
Yay!

Offline missalaire

« Reply #81 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 23:09:45 »

Invoice is sent..

I ordered a couple extras for each option, so if any USA people are interested, just PM me.

Paid, thanks for letting me get an order in last minute :)

Offline ceflame

« Reply #82 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 23:57:36 »

Invoice is sent..

No problem!

Just got word that the packages are on their way to us.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #83 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 07:57:54 »

Invoice is sent..

No problem!

Just got word that the packages are on their way to us.

Man that was quick

Offline quantalume

« Reply #84 on: Mon, 11 May 2015, 10:24:57 »
I see I missed out on this, but if anyone decides they don't need/want theirs, or if there are any leftovers, please let me know.  I haven't been able to find any that can be delivered to the US for a reasonable price (< $25).  I need a set with a 6.25x spacebar stab.  Thanks.

Edit: Saw that ceflame ordered a couple extra sets.  PM sent.
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 May 2015, 10:33:50 by quantalume »

Offline Lpwl

• lpwl.bigcartel.com
    • My O-ring Store
« Reply #85 on: Mon, 11 May 2015, 17:36:55 »
Great news : I received my package from winkeyless.kr this morning !

> I already counted (twice - ehm ... just to be sure haha) and sorted every INTERNATIONAL orders.

This doesn't look much but it kept me busy for several hours  :p

Everything will be sent out either Wednesday or Friday (note : Ascension Thursday = public holiday).

I will send shipping confirmation with a picture of your package (and tracking number for those concerned).

:thumb:

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #86 on: Mon, 11 May 2015, 17:53:59 »
Wow, that was fast!  Should be here next week if the O-rings are anything to go by, I'd best get started...

Thanks Lwpl :D
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Lpwl

• lpwl.bigcartel.com
    • My O-ring Store
« Reply #87 on: Fri, 15 May 2015, 05:28:46 »
All INTERNATIONAL orders (minus one) were shipped Wednesday.

The last one went out this morning ;)

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #88 on: Fri, 15 May 2015, 09:27:42 »
That was quick

Offline awhitedev

« Reply #89 on: Fri, 15 May 2015, 10:11:33 »
That was quick

Indeed. I wonder how the US side of things is going? :)

Offline onishima

• supra omnia ludere
« Reply #90 on: Fri, 15 May 2015, 11:41:27 »
Ugh, sad I missed this...

Offline ceflame

« Reply #91 on: Fri, 15 May 2015, 17:31:25 »
That was quick

Indeed. I wonder how the US side of things is going? :)

Shipping taking a bit longer than expected :(

Tracking shows that it has departed Los Angeles USPS facility and is on the way to me.

I'm expecting to be able to ship everything about probably mid-next week.

Offline ceflame

« Reply #92 on: Sat, 16 May 2015, 17:17:40 »

Package came in! I'll see if I can get it sorted and shipped out by Monday.

Offline awhitedev

« Reply #93 on: Sat, 16 May 2015, 17:29:43 »
Show Image

Package came in! I'll see if I can get it sorted and shipped out by Monday.

Woo! Great news :)

Offline ceflame

« Reply #94 on: Sat, 16 May 2015, 22:12:52 »

Everything is packed and ready to go on Monday.

My current extras (US):
2x 6.25x TKL sets
3x 7x TKL sets
a lot of 2x wires

Going to wait until everyone receives their orders to make sure I didn't miss anything, so these are on hold for now.
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 May 2015, 23:45:59 by ceflame »

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #95 on: Sat, 16 May 2015, 22:31:10 »
Thanks so much for your hard work in making this such a quick turnaround guys!
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #96 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 04:56:56 »
Thanks so much for your hard work in making this such a quick turnaround guys!
^^^^ this!
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline ceflame

« Reply #97 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 05:21:44 »
No problem guys :)

By the way.. PM me if you want your tracking number. Otherwise, just expect it to be in your mailbox probably sometime this week.

Offline awhitedev

« Reply #98 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 07:51:53 »
Show Image

Everything is packed and ready to go on Monday.

My current extras (US):
2x 6.25x TKL sets
3x 7x TKL sets
a lot of 2x wires

Going to wait until everyone receives their orders to make sure I didn't miss anything, so these are on hold for now.

Wow that was quick! As Flyersfan1 said, thank you for your hard work!

I see mine in that pile  :D
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 May 2015, 13:49:24 by awhitedev »

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #99 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 07:59:08 »
Are you sure that you should be posting pictures with everyone's addresses...