Author Topic: New kid :)  (Read 1552 times)

Offline pizza_is_a_lie

• * Maker
  • ISO Master Race
    • Paradigm
New kid :)
« on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 15:07:35 »
Hello there  :D

Thought it was worth joining geekhack, after being a long time lurker and short-time subscriber of /r/mk.

Really getting in to it after finding my first few boards at work which I'm selling to get some funds and treat myself to a nice TKL.

A bit about me... I'm 21, enjoy a bit of football, FIFA, travelling, house and dance music... oh, and the ladyfriend I suppose.

So anyways, I'm sure I'll see you all around  :p
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 April 2015, 15:11:20 by pizza_is_a_lie »

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
Re: New kid :)
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 08:46:39 »
Welcome!

Make sure you treat yourself to a Realforce 87u/88, preferably the 55g model. My favorite keyboard so far :thumb:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 05:34:37 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Any idea which keyboard you'd like?  Or even which switch?

Also which keyboards are you selling?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline pizza_is_a_lie

• * Maker
  • ISO Master Race
    • Paradigm
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 07:13:04 »
Hiya!

Sorry, busy working and... BUYING A BOARD!

Went over to Overclockers and got myself a Ducky Mini. My entree. MX browns  ;D

Just want a granite set for it. With ISO mods. Too much to ask? ...or would anyone know of another keyboard set with pale grey keys like the granite (which matches the aluminium of the Mini)? Already raided Pexon for a braided usb lead.

Oh - and all I have left from my sale is some 1u blank coloured and 2u white-with-random-ass-text DSA keycaps and an old trackball. It's on /r/mechmarket if you're interested - search /u/pizza_is_a_lie :)

EDIT: GKK is the colour code for the granite which, I think, will match a Mini?
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 May 2015, 07:16:10 by pizza_is_a_lie »

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 07:30:14 »
Welcome to GH! I don't think you will perfectly match the color on your Ducky with a color from the Granite GB, but it will work great together.

Check out this list for known keycap vendors if you are looking for other things too.

If you have any questions feel free to hit me up. :cool:

Offline pizza_is_a_lie

• * Maker
  • ISO Master Race
    • Paradigm
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 08:18:37 »
That's great info, thanks!

I've tried finding galleries with Mini boards for inspiration but I can't see a lot so it might just take some bravery and keen eyes to find a good set!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 12 May 2015, 05:43:29 »
Ducky Mini is a good board, but ISO might limit your keycap choice a bit.  Although things are improving - more sets include some ISO support :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline pizza_is_a_lie

• * Maker
  • ISO Master Race
    • Paradigm
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 13 May 2015, 14:57:31 »
Oh - what makes it worse is how fussy I am, too! It's gotta match the backlight  :thumb:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 16 May 2015, 21:31:32 »
Oh - what makes it worse is how fussy I am, too! It's gotta match the backlight  :thumb:

Nothing wrong with a themed keyboard! :D

Offline pizza_is_a_lie

• * Maker
  • ISO Master Race
    • Paradigm
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 11:06:53 »
Hah, I'm glad you understand!  :))

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 23 May 2015, 22:09:56 »
Absolutely!

Whether it is a complete keycap set on a particular theme, or all the parts collected together to match, the end result usually looks fantastic!