Author Topic: Matias Tactile Pro 3.0  (Read 25145 times)

Offline timw4mail

• https://timshomepage.net
Matias Tactile Pro 3.0
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 05 October 2009, 20:23:45 »
As I'm typing this on my MacBook...
Buckling Springs IBM Model F AT, New Model F 77, Unicomp New Model M
Clicky iOne Scorpius M10, OCN-branded Ducky DK-9008-C, Blackmore Nocturna, Redragon Kumara K552-1, Qtronix Scorpius Keypad, Chicony KB-5181(Monterey)
Tactile Apple AEKII (Cream damped ALPS), Filco FKBN91M/JB (Japanese Tenkeyless), Cherry G84-5200, Cherry G84-4100LPAUS, Datalux Spacesaver(Cherry ML), Redragon Devarajas K556 RGB, Newmen GM711, Poker II (Cherry MX Clear), Logitech G910 Orion Spark, Logitech K840
Linear Lenovo Y (Gateron Red), Aluminum kiosk keyboard (Cherry MX Black)

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
Matias Tactile Pro 3.0
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 05 October 2009, 21:23:49 »
Honestly, it looks cheap.  The slightly off-square case looks like a $12 "stylish" keyboard.
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline hyperlinked

Matias Tactile Pro 3.0
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 05 October 2009, 21:39:14 »
Quote from: timw4mail;123266
You know, that's the way the AEKII has the numpad. That's probably why it's not more like the traditional IBM numpad.

Other Apple keyboards have also used that layout as well. I didn't even realize it was a bit different than the usual.
-

Topre: Realforce 103U Cherry: Filco Majestouch 104 (Brown), Ione Scorpius M10 (Blue)
Buckling Spring: IBM Model M1391401 ALPS: Apple Extended Keyboard II (Cream), ABS M1 (Fukka/Black), MicroConnectors Flavored USB (Black)
Domes: Matias Optimizer, Kensington ComfortType, Microsoft Internet Keyboard
Scissors: Apple Full Sized Aluminum
Pointy Stuff: Razer Imperator, Razer Copperhead, DT225 Trackball, Apple Magic Mouse, Logitech MX1000, Apple Mighty Mouse
Systems: MacPro, MacBook Pro, ASUS eeePC netbook, Dell D600 laptop, a small cluster of Linux Web servers
Displays: Apple Cinema Display 30", Apple Cinema Display 23"
Ergo Devices: Zody Chair, Nightingale CXO, Somaform, Theraball, 3M AKT180LE Keyboard Tray

Offline mech

Matias Tactile Pro 3.0
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 05 October 2009, 22:01:54 »
Quote from: ripster;123269

Mine does.  It's made by that other guy, you know, the one that's not a poser.

Didn't you do that mod yourself though?  I'm not against modding... but at these prices ($150!) an extra $0.75 for a female plug would not kill them.

Although it probably would be fairly trivial to take a USB keyboard, open it up, strip the wire and wire it into one of these: http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=139 (or the vertical or mini, depending on your needs).

BS: IBM Model M 1391401 (1989) & Lexmark-made IBM Model M from 1991
Cherry MX Blue: Das Keyboard II/G80
Black ALPS: Dell AT101W (2)

Offline YpoCaramel

Matias Tactile Pro 3.0
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 07 October 2009, 11:33:12 »
I know you can't please everybody, but a silver and white (or silver and black) version would be just the thing to match the current crop of Macs (or any of the many Mac inspired designs out there).
Keyboards: IBM Model M M13, Filco Majestouch Tactile 104, PS3 Wireless Keypad, Logitech Dinovo mini
Other Input Devices In Use: Logitech G9, Razer Orochi, Fragnstein, MX Air, Orbita
Not on hand: Evoluent Vertical Mouse, Logitech G5, Razer Diamondback, Wacom Graphire 3

Offline wellington1869

Matias Tactile Pro 3.0
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 07 October 2009, 11:34:44 »
Quote from: YpoCaramel;123719
I know you can't please everybody, but a silver and white (or silver and black) version would be just the thing to match the current crop of Macs (or any of the many Mac inspired designs out there).

They might come out with black/silver later on (They did that with the Tp2 for instance, IIRC).  I like the white one but I too would prefer a normal numpad layout.

(p.s., hello fellow Manhattanite! ;) )

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

using: ms 7000/Das 3

Offline rnak92a

Matias Tactile Pro 3.0
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 07 October 2009, 12:12:14 »
Quote from: wellington1869;123720
They might come out with black/silver later on (They did that with the Tp2 for instance, IIRC).  I like the white one but I too would prefer a normal numpad layout.

(p.s., hello fellow Manhattanite! ;) )

To that color suggestion, Beaker says meemeeemeeeeee!  

Cheers,
~rn
My keyboards, numpads, and pointing devices
=====================================
Quote from: Hak Foo
The label says, "World\'s best... guaranteed."

What would happen if I bought one and sent them a nasty letter that read:

"1391401.  I want my money back."

Offline wellington1869

Matias Tactile Pro 3.0
« Reply #57 on: Wed, 07 October 2009, 12:42:03 »
Quote from: rnak92a;123723
To that color suggestion, Beaker says meemeeemeeeeee!  

Cheers,
~rn

:-D indeed he does
« Last Edit: Wed, 07 October 2009, 12:45:55 by wellington1869 »

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

Offline J888www

Matias Tactile Pro 3.0
« Reply #58 on: Mon, 19 October 2009, 16:19:58 »
Whites are nice, but it seems Matias designers did not heed any suggestions or recommendations of you avaricious hoarders. Their Escape Key is too White a shade of Red. Just one minute touch of colour to make an exemplary board (?) into a perfect board.         :rockon:
Often outspoken, please forgive any cause for offense.
Thank you all in GH for reading.

Keyboards & Pointing Devices :-
[/FONT]One Too Many[/COLOR]

Offline cmr

Matias Tactile Pro 3.0
« Reply #59 on: Wed, 28 October 2009, 22:20:16 »
i finally did start to run into the ghosting problems on my TP2 (why did it take so long for me to be able to reproduce these? no idea) and i've switched back to the AT-101W. as i am still unemployed i doubt i'll be buying a TP3 at release, but i despise the apple-look white models anyway so i imagine i'll have at least a year to get one of the black ones... assuming they make black ones again. if not then no way.

the numpad takes about a week to get used to. i don't really see the point of the extra equals sign but it's nothing at all like trying to get used to a keyboard with a backspace/backslash/enter that deviates (shudder) from the ANSI model M layout.
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 October 2009, 22:24:12 by cmr »

Offline Megaweapon

Matias Tactile Pro 3.0
« Reply #60 on: Mon, 16 November 2009, 23:12:26 »
I pre-ordered the TP3, so I'll write a review.  Need it for work and they won't pay for it, so I guess I'll take the tax write-off.  Not much in the way of clicky Apple keyboards available these days.
Ancer Research Groop DFK191ABA11 IBM Model M13 Part 92G7461 (white) Rosewill RK-9000
Matias Tactile Pro 3 Apple Extended Keyboard II (ALPS)
Rosewill RK-9000I

Offline hyperlinked

Matias Tactile Pro 3.0
« Reply #61 on: Mon, 16 November 2009, 23:50:42 »
Quote from: cmr;128957
i don't really see the point of the extra equals sign but it's nothing at all like trying to get used to a keyboard with a backspace/backslash/enter that deviates (shudder) from the ANSI model M layout.

I don't know about other uses, but I sure got used to having that extra = sign when writing equations in MS Excel.

It's been a few years since I've had to do much in Excel, so I couldn't even remember what extra key was there on the Apple style keyboards.
-

Topre: Realforce 103U Cherry: Filco Majestouch 104 (Brown), Ione Scorpius M10 (Blue)
Buckling Spring: IBM Model M1391401 ALPS: Apple Extended Keyboard II (Cream), ABS M1 (Fukka/Black), MicroConnectors Flavored USB (Black)
Pointy Stuff: Razer Imperator, Razer Copperhead, DT225 Trackball, Apple Magic Mouse, Logitech MX1000, Apple Mighty Mouse
Systems: MacPro, MacBook Pro, ASUS eeePC netbook, Dell D600 laptop, a small cluster of Linux Web servers
Ergo Devices: Zody Chair, Nightingale CXO, Somaform, Theraball, 3M AKT180LE Keyboard Tray

Offline wellington1869

Matias Tactile Pro 3.0
« Reply #62 on: Thu, 19 November 2009, 13:00:31 »
I just got an email from matias saying there is a new website with more info on the tp3:

http://matias.ca/tactilepro3/  

"On track for January 2010".

I thought this blurb was cute:

No ghost in this machine.
Most keyboards allow only a certain number of keys to be pressed at once, and often cannot keep up with very fast typists. The result is called ghosting — letters missing from what you actually typed. The Tactile Pro has special Anti-Ghosting Circuitry (also called n-key rollover) to eliminate this problem. You can type as fast as you're able; the Tactile Pro will keep up

And if they fixed it, kudos to them.  

And of course, laser etched keys: (sorry, filco)

Laser etched keys.
All those symbols are handy, but what happens when they wear off?
They won't. They're laser etched — burned into the keys with a laser — so they'll never wear off.

Also they claim that its been "completely redesigned to offer the best features of the original Tactile Pro, but with much better fit & finish, and incredible attention to detail."
--well, i certainly hope so.

Wow, includes a 3-port hub?!

3-port Hi-Speed USB 2.0 hub.
For quickly attaching USB peripherals, nothing beats the convenience of an in-keyboard USB hub. No more reaching through the tangle of wires behind your computer to download photos from your digital camera. Just plug it into the keyboard and you're ready to go. Works great with MP3 players, keyring hard drives, joysticks, and mice too. It won't charge your iPod/iPhone, but for syncing it's perfect.

This is a nice touch for PC users (tho i'd prefer a PC layout and black board like they did with the TP2's PC version; probably it'll come later):

Support for PC users.
The Tactile Pro is a Mac keyboard, but that doesn't mean you can't plug it into a PC and use it. You can. We even offer a download-able driver to change the Command and Option keys into Alt and Windows keys.

I'm assuming it still has real-simplified ALPS switches - have I mentioned lately that the real-simplifieds are da ill bomb?

Oh, and like every other normal vendor on earth, they take returns. Kudos again.

All of our products (except clearance items) are covered by a 30-day money back guarantee. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange.
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 November 2009, 13:09:27 by wellington1869 »

Offline CX23882

Matias Tactile Pro 3.0
« Reply #63 on: Thu, 19 November 2009, 15:18:16 »
They do seem to listen to feedback. Also notice that the lock keys all have LEDs in them, after they removed them from the white TP 2.0 (apparently).

I'm not excited enough to pre-order, but I think once the first run has reached people, and if the feedback is good, I might order one of these.

Offline hyperlinked

Matias Tactile Pro 3.0
« Reply #64 on: Thu, 19 November 2009, 15:49:15 »
Quote from: ripster;134087
Technically they meant blocking not ghosting but whatever.

Their previous version was ghosting though and it may have had something to do with their Matias Optimizer macros that were built in. I have a Matias Optimizer keyboard and there are certain key combos that I had to type in slowly or crazy letters will pop out. I'm actually hoping they find a way of building a TP3 with their optimizer macros in it without screwing the whole thing up.

I know I can just remap keys to more or less do the same thing, but it's a lot more convenient to have it built in.
-

Offline sixty

• http://deskthority.net
Matias Tactile Pro 3.0
« Reply #65 on: Fri, 20 November 2009, 00:29:31 »
Keys and layout look like the PHAETON/KBTalking board. Assuming that they again used strongman for their OEM it most likely is almost identical to those boards, just in a slightly mac-ified case.

Strongman is not new to mac-like-cases either.

Other than that I wish they would stop calling the switches ALPS switches, since clearly they will be XM or Fukkas.

Offline Megaweapon

Matias Tactile Pro 3.0
« Reply #66 on: Thu, 14 January 2010, 00:37:33 »
Arrived today.

>
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">[/youtube]
Ancer Research Groop DFK191ABA11 IBM Model M13 Part 92G7461 (white) Rosewill RK-9000
Rosewill RK-9000I

Offline itlnstln

Matias Tactile Pro 3.0
« Reply #67 on: Thu, 14 January 2010, 08:10:23 »
Strong.  Have you had a chance to use it yet?  How do those ALPS feel?

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
Matias Tactile Pro 3.0
« Reply #68 on: Thu, 14 January 2010, 08:29:24 »
I like those keycaps, useful for those of us who use US International.

Offline itlnstln

Matias Tactile Pro 3.0
« Reply #69 on: Thu, 14 January 2010, 08:33:13 »
They did a nice lasering job on them.  The keys are light enough in color, too, that the contrast of the lettering is pretty good.  Not great, but it's much better than the Dells and MX11800 it seems.

Offline patrickgeekhack

Matias Tactile Pro 3.0
« Reply #70 on: Thu, 14 January 2010, 08:42:17 »
Has anyone been able to view the video?

Offline MsKeyboard

Matias Tactile Pro 3.0
« Reply #71 on: Thu, 14 January 2010, 13:52:51 »
We were able to type on one last week.  Overall a nice board, but not hooked up, so did not test anything else, just typed.  Seems only white for the near future though.

Offline MsKeyboard

Matias Tactile Pro 3.0
« Reply #72 on: Thu, 14 January 2010, 14:41:52 »
Well, just unboxed one, and trying it now.  Let me know if you have any questions.......Later

Offline patrickgeekhack

Matias Tactile Pro 3.0
« Reply #73 on: Thu, 14 January 2010, 14:48:35 »
Quote from: MsKeyboard;150912
Well, just unboxed one, and trying it now.  Let me know if you have any questions.......Later

How smooth are the keys, and how noisy is it compared to the blue cherries?

Offline MsKeyboard

Matias Tactile Pro 3.0
« Reply #74 on: Thu, 14 January 2010, 14:55:46 »
It is actually very nice to type on.  Tactlie and LOUD, comparable to Blue Cherry in noise.  Board is solid with nice spacing.

Offline cheater1034

Matias Tactile Pro 3.0
« Reply #75 on: Thu, 14 January 2010, 14:57:34 »
Quote from: patrickgeekhack;150916
How smooth are the keys, and how noisy is it compared to the blue cherries?

They are much louder than blue cherries (not as light-sounding either), and require slightly more force to press. I also think the "tactile bump" is a lot more noticable than on blue cherries, although once you get used to the blues it is noticable (to me anyway)

That video sounds about identical to the way the macally sounded, a bit too loud for me but I was able to type very fast on them.
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 January 2010, 15:00:01 by cheater1034 »
Linux Kernel for desktops: http://zen-kernel.org
IRC: irc.rizon.net #zen-sources
ML: http://groups.google.com/group/zen_kernel
Use it! Supported on any distribution, managed through git.

Current Keyboard: Filco FKBN87M/EB (Brown Cherry)

Offline patrickgeekhack

Matias Tactile Pro 3.0
« Reply #76 on: Thu, 14 January 2010, 15:13:44 »
I was able to view the video finally. It does seem like a very fun keyboard. Unlike last year, I'm not buying any keyboard this year.

Offline ocdonkb

Matias Tactile Pro 3.0
« Reply #77 on: Thu, 14 January 2010, 16:26:06 »
Quote from: patrickgeekhack;150930
Unlike last year, I'm not buying any keyboard this year.

Hahaha, I'd be happy just going a month without a keyboard purchase.
| Filco Brown 87 key | Realforce 87U | Unicomp Spacesaver | IBM Model M | Cherry ML4100 | Dell AT101W | Focus 2001 |

Offline Megaweapon

Matias Tactile Pro 3.0
« Reply #78 on: Thu, 14 January 2010, 18:29:32 »
Quote from: itlnstln;150777
Strong.  Have you had a chance to use it yet?  How do those ALPS feel?

It feels great, however the TP3 is replacing an A1048 (one of the recent Apple rubber dome mistakes).  So with regard to "feel" pretty much anything would have been an improvement -- including the NMB RT6655T+ I used at home until a few years ago.

As noted by others (and as you can hear in the video, now that YouTube has finished "processing" it -- no idea why that took 10+ hours) the TP3 isn't so much a clicky keyboard as a THOCK-y keyboard.  I'm used to the much quieter, sharper and higher pitched pre-"bigfoot" Alps on the Datacomp rebadge I use at home.  So the TP3 has actually distracted me from typing a few times today with its noise, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

I've been too busy doing actual work with the keyboard to do any testing, but hopefully I can get to it and spin this into a proper review next week.
Rosewill RK-9000I

Offline zwmalone

Matias Tactile Pro 3.0
« Reply #79 on: Thu, 14 January 2010, 18:34:04 »
Quote from: Megaweapon;150995
pre-"bigfoot"

... bigfoot ALPS are original complicated...  never realized ALPS made a switch prior to the Bigfoot White/Black/Green & Yellows, except for maybe the blues...
Can't get enough of them ALPS

Offline Megaweapon

Matias Tactile Pro 3.0
« Reply #80 on: Thu, 14 January 2010, 19:52:12 »
Quote from: zwmalone;150997
... bigfoot ALPS are original complicated...  never realized ALPS made a switch prior to the Bigfoot White/Black/Green & Yellows, except for maybe the blues...

I only know what I read on Geekhack.

The link in that section of that wiki article goes to a .jp web site with this image:

Which seems to match:

Rosewill RK-9000I

Offline patrickgeekhack

Matias Tactile Pro 3.0
« Reply #81 on: Thu, 14 January 2010, 21:22:58 »
Quote from: ripster;151011

Anyway, back to the Matias TP3.  Why $150?  And why does it look like a keyboard from the 80's?

Judging by the look only, it does not seem that there has been much done compared to the Tactile Pro 2.0.

As far as the price is concerned, I think Matias feels that there are not many companies out there manufacturing mechanical keyboards for the Mac users. Some Mac users want a keyboard which is Mac-specific and don't like to see the Windows logo on their keyboards. Personally, the Windows logo does not bother me at all.

Offline fireglow

Matias Tactile Pro 3.0
« Reply #82 on: Fri, 15 January 2010, 06:11:59 »
I'm not sure about this, but the actual switch hasn't changed from the Tactile Pro 2.0, right?

Offline patrickgeekhack

Matias Tactile Pro 3.0
« Reply #83 on: Fri, 15 January 2010, 07:27:37 »
Quote from: ocdonkb;150943
Hahaha, I'd be happy just going a month without a keyboard purchase.

I bought too many keyboards last year. This year, I'll try not buying any keyboard. Note that I said "try" :-)

Offline itlnstln

Matias Tactile Pro 3.0
« Reply #84 on: Fri, 15 January 2010, 11:35:13 »
In 2009, I bought 3 keyboards. I think I did well. The only way I might buy another one this year is if I can get a G80-1800 or another cheap, Cherry brown 'board pops up again (like the SPOS). I will say that there is a 'board that will be available in the next couple of months that I might spring for.

For 2010, the count is already 1.

Offline patrickgeekhack

Matias Tactile Pro 3.0
« Reply #85 on: Sat, 23 January 2010, 20:47:26 »
Quote from: kishy;151123
If you try for none, you'll get a few.
Try for a few, you'll get a lot.
Try for a lot...well, prepare to sell your house.

The only keyboard tempting me this year is the Filco with blue Cherries. Many on this forum know how much I like blue Cherries. That said, I honestly don't think I will be buying any keyboard this. I bought 8 last year. I think I've found my perfect combination. Filco with brown Cherries at work and Topre/G80-3000 (blue Cherries) at home. Although I have been playing with my AT101W and Customizer 104 a few times, I don't see me using them for a long period of time since they are noisier and require more force that the other keyboards.

Offline patrickgeekhack

Matias Tactile Pro 3.0
« Reply #86 on: Sat, 23 January 2010, 20:48:45 »
The Matias Tactile Pro 3.0 is also very tempting, but I know it will not get much use since, once again, it's too noisy.

OP: How do you like it so far, given that you have been using it for a few days now?

Offline bigpook

Matias Tactile Pro 3.0
« Reply #87 on: Sat, 23 January 2010, 21:01:02 »
the last keyboard I got was the HHKB in December. I used it for a few days and put it back in the box. I don't know what I would get next, if anything. Well, maybe a filco with blue cherries but I don't really know for sure ( I already had one, then sold it).
I think I am covered with what I have now.
Been digging the model m mini for the past 3 weeks or so. Which is quite awhile for me.
HHKB Pro 2 : Unicomp Spacesaver : IBM Model M : DasIII    

Offline bigpook

Matias Tactile Pro 3.0
« Reply #88 on: Sat, 23 January 2010, 21:19:21 »
in the box, and in the closet. I got burnt out on the alps. changing the click leafs and springs on the black alps and fukka. bleh. I needed a break from the tedium. The HHKB is very nice, but I didn't connect with it. I was missing the BS keys and ended up breaking out the '88 NIB. Its not so NIB anymore I guess,but its pretty sweet. I want to stay on that for awhile.
What am I saying, lol. Next week I will probably be on something else.

Does anyone else here rotate often through their collection?

Offline elservo

Matias Tactile Pro 3.0
« Reply #89 on: Sat, 23 January 2010, 23:58:46 »
I would rotate through my collection if I had a collection, but all I've got is a sweet Filco and a bunch of rubber domes, and I don't hate myself THAT much to rotate.  

But if you sell me your HHKB I might be talked into some cheating ;)
Majestouch Tactile Click (Work)
AEKII(Home)

Offline bigpook

Matias Tactile Pro 3.0
« Reply #90 on: Sun, 24 January 2010, 00:27:52 »
Quote from: elservo;153358
I would rotate through my collection if I had a collection, but all I've got is a sweet Filco and a bunch of rubber domes, and I don't hate myself THAT much to rotate.  

But if you sell me your HHKB I might be talked into some cheating ;)

I take it that would be the blue cherry filco?
if you are happy with it, then I would think you are pretty much good to go.

: ) I am keeping the HHKB, I won't make the mistake and sell it like the last one.

Offline maxlugar

Matias Tactile Pro 3.0
« Reply #91 on: Sun, 24 January 2010, 00:29:15 »
Quote from: bigpook;153328

At least a different keyboard each week, sometimes a couple times a week.

However, whenever I'm on the road, the only keyboard that is practical for travel is my HHKB Pro 2.  I use it pretty much exclusively with my laptops.  I don't think I can part with it. I think the clinical term is separation anxiety!
Emperor of the IBM 84-key AT Model F Darkside

Offline patrickgeekhack

Matias Tactile Pro 3.0
« Reply #92 on: Sun, 24 January 2010, 07:42:12 »

I used to a lot at the beginning. Not so much now. I've finally settled on the Topre at home and the Filco (Brown Cherries) at work. Once in a while I'll pull the other keyboard for an hour or two.

Offline hyperlinked

Matias Tactile Pro 3.0
« Reply #93 on: Sun, 24 January 2010, 08:27:35 »

Only if my hands start hurting or my productivity hits a rut and I need something to try to get me back on track. It's too much of a pain to mount and unmount boards on my keyboard tray and then thread a USB cable through to the back of my desk and back again through a PC cabinet while splayed on the carpet with no visibility.
« Last Edit: Sun, 24 January 2010, 08:30:06 by hyperlinked »
-

Offline Megaweapon

Matias Tactile Pro 3.0
« Reply #94 on: Sun, 24 January 2010, 13:28:14 »
Quote from: ripster;151011
Anyway, back to the Matias TP3.  Why $150?  And why does it look like a keyboard from the 80's?

As I wrote before, there are very few choices when it comes to clicky Apple keyboards.  Also, there's more to it than Apple/Windows labeling.  The extra function, volume, and power keys are things that I scoffed at when I started using an Apple at work, but they've grown on me.  Since I wanted something I could buy off the shelf, plug in and forget about the TP3 was the obvious choice.

As for the styling, I can take it or leave it.  I would say it looks more like it comes from the 90's than the 80's, with the cord reminding me of the original iMac.

Quote from: patrickgeekhack;153318
OP: How do you like it so far, given that you have been using it for a few days now?

Still really enjoying it.  My typing speed immediately increased (as I expected).  The only thing I miss is the slightly larger option/alt key.
Rosewill RK-9000I

Offline hyperlinked

Matias Tactile Pro 3.0
« Reply #95 on: Sun, 24 January 2010, 13:47:21 »
Quote from: Megaweapon;153431
Also, there's more to it than Apple/Windows labeling.  The extra function, volume, and power keys...

Maybe I've gotten too used to PC style keyboards, but what extra function key are you talking about? I don't notice any extra fn keys.

About the only thing I really miss from non-Mac native keyboards is the extra keypad button. I know a lot of people like having the double sized "+" key, but that actually drives me nuts. Having that one oversized key really throws me off.

Quote from: Megaweapon;153431
Still really enjoying it.  My typing speed immediately increased (as I expected).  The only thing I miss is the slightly larger option/alt key.

Cool... now I hope they just release an Optimizer version of the TP3. I'll be first in line if they do that... actually I'll probably be 2000th. After all the problems they've had with their Optimizer sets, it's wise to wait for others to do the testing.
-

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
Matias Tactile Pro 3.0
« Reply #96 on: Sun, 24 January 2010, 13:55:10 »
If you have an IBM, with some work, you can split the large + key into two.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline elservo

Matias Tactile Pro 3.0
« Reply #97 on: Sun, 24 January 2010, 14:16:06 »
What a pleasant surprise to have Megaweapon posting in this thread!
Majestouch Tactile Click (Work)
AEKII(Home)