Author Topic: Been a silent member for a while  (Read 1849 times)

Offline iceman1925

Been a silent member for a while
« on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 01:13:55 »
Hi all, I've been a reader for a while but I think being more active is a good thing. I'm on reddit but I'd like to contribute here too.
I currently own a Ducky Mini in browns, a goldtouch keypad, a CMStorm rapid-I, a data911 tg3, an IBM SSK, and a no name white alps board. It'll be my pleasure to meet you all!
Rapid-I||Ducky Mini||'87 Model M SSK||Goldtouch 0077
reddit.com/u/iceman1925

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
Re: Been a silent member for a while
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 01:17:51 »
Hello and welcome to Geekhack! You have a pretty good collection for someone who is just getting into the community! :) Which is your favourite?

Offline iceman1925

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 01:54:09 »
Thank you! I love all my babies equally ;) Really though, my CM Rapid-I is my main board at home, the Ducky is my portable take everywhere board, and I use the data911 for the HTPC in the living room. The tenkey pad I use when I do work with lots of numbers.
reddit.com/u/iceman1925

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 05 July 2015, 02:52:23 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

A nice collection you have, and a nice assortment of switches too.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline iceman1925

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 05 July 2015, 03:12:11 »
Thanks, good to finally come out of the shadows. Also I feel so welcome here, should have done this a while ago. Thanks for the complement,  I'll probably add alot more in the future.
reddit.com/u/iceman1925

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 03:27:19 »
Thanks, good to finally come out of the shadows. Also I feel so welcome here, should have done this a while ago. Thanks for the complement,  I'll probably add alot more in the future.

They don't call this place WalletHack for nothing ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline iceman1925

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 03:28:39 »
No they don't, I've spent about $200 in the span on the last 2 weeks on just caps. Getting a new board soon too
reddit.com/u/iceman1925

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 03:53:02 »
No they don't, I've spent about $200 in the span on the last 2 weeks on just caps. Getting a new board soon too

That's a comfortable amount to spend.

If you're not careful, you can spend that much on one keycap :eek:

I try to space my buys out a bit now - it is so easy to go mad and buy nearly everything around here.

Offline iceman1925

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 04:01:27 »
Yeah, I'm about to start limiting how much I spend per month on keyboard related items. It's just that artisan caps look beautiful and I want to support the people doing their best to make these caps for us.
reddit.com/u/iceman1925

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 04:12:42 »
Andddd.. Congrats on winning the key in Hot Keys Project giveaway! I just happened to see your name and this thread side by side.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 04:31:19 »
Yeah, I'm about to start limiting how much I spend per month on keyboard related items. It's just that artisan caps look beautiful and I want to support the people doing their best to make these caps for us.

Good luck with that!  That's always that one extra unexpected artisan sale of that keycap that you hadn't seen before but now you absolutely have to have it :p

And congratulations on your HotKeys win :)

Offline iceman1925

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 08:39:39 »
Thanks, I haven't even checked that thread yey
reddit.com/u/iceman1925

Offline iceman1925

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 08:44:00 »
Andddd.. Congrats on winning the key in Hot Keys Project giveaway! I just happened to see your name and this thread side by side.
Thanks alot. I was just thinking of that giveaway lol, so surprised I won!
reddit.com/u/iceman1925