Author Topic: New Japanese guy joining GK community  (Read 1445 times)

Offline last100yen2

New Japanese guy joining GK community
« on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 15:12:45 »
Hello, I have been around for a month without introducing myself

I did not care much about Keyboard until I saw all the  fantastic keyboards GH members showed me in this forum.

I am currently using HHKB professional and Realforce..its been great but now I am interested in Cherry MX.....

This is such a expensive hobby but I love it

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
Re: New Japanese guy joining GK community
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 16:37:34 »
Welcome!

And why switch, you've already got the best switches possible  :p

Do you have a Realforce 55g, or another variation?

Offline last100yen2

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 22:53:32 »
I had 45g Realforce, but used as donor board for HHKB,
I like topre a lot but want to try out Cherry MX and see if I like it

I like that possibility of customization....which topre cannot offer at this time

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 06:01:27 »
I had 45g Realforce, but used as donor board for HHKB,
I like topre a lot but want to try out Cherry MX and see if I like it

I like that possibility of customization....which topre cannot offer at this time
Hey, if you didn't know, CTRL ALT will be offering topre sliders with mx compatibility on their store soon, you could get them in this group buy for $15 along with their keycap set. https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=71630.0

And that means topre boards with mx level of keycap choices, and Bunny (The runner of CTRL ALT) has said that they have made special spacebars to fit realforce and HHKB boards for the JT set.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 04:43:46 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

You can now get Topre sliders that allow you to fit MX-compatible keycaps.  This allows for a lot of customisation of Topre keyboards.

Any thoughts what MX switch you might like to try first?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline rm-rf

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 04:49:06 »
welcome!