Author Topic: Hi guyss!  (Read 1621 times)

Offline Happylomo

Hi guyss!
« on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 02:48:49 »
Hi everyone, this is my first post, since i've registered in GH on 2013  ;D

Yeah, I am a silent member of this community, but now i decided to be more active in this forum.
There's gotta be an end in leeching from the community, and start to contribute, right?

In 2013, I thought my apple scissors keyboard was the best keyboard in the world. Then i found this forum..
It led me to my first mechanical keyboard QFR TKL.

So, big big thanks for introducing me to the world of mechanical keyboards!
Or maybe i shouldn't? Coz GH also "forced" me buy a HHKB, recently; and i don't think it will stop there.  :p

Anyways, I'm glad to be part of this community!

Offline TastaturenAuslese

• Formerly temence
  • life marrow suckerer
Re: Hi guyss!
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 02:51:50 »
Welcome! :D How you loving your HHKB? I bought mine just a few weeks ago as well, and it's growing on me so much that I want to get one for my SO. Haha. :thumb:
Home: Kishsaver - IBM 6019284/F62 | Work: HHKB Professional 2 Silenced | Temporary Retirement:
More
IBM '89 1391401 Merrill Lynch Financial Edition

They are a functional and practical indulgence.

Offline Happylomo

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 03:00:40 »
Thanks temence! Man, i really love my HHKB (mine is a hhkb pro jp). Feels so much better than my QFR TKL with MX reds.
Especially because of the control key position at the normal capslock key on normal keyboards.
Gahh, I wish topres are compatible with mx caps.

Hahha, yeah, i've been telling my friends to get a hhkb for their next keyboard.  ;D

• Formerly temence
  • life marrow suckerer
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 03:04:44 »
Thanks temence! Man, i really love my HHKB (mine is a hhkb pro jp). Feels so much better than my QFR TKL with MX reds.
Especially because of the control key position at the normal capslock key on normal keyboards.
Gahh, I wish topres are compatible with mx caps.

Hahha, yeah, i've been telling my friends to get a hhkb for their next keyboard.  ;D
I love the ctrl key location so much that I have it set on my other keyboards like that too!

Also, Topres CAN be mx compatible! :D Just requires a bit of modding, but I say it's worth it if you have a really sweet MX artisan. You just have to get one of these and replace the stem on the key that you wanna use MX :) So you've got a Topre Switch with an MX keycap!
Home: Kishsaver - IBM 6019284/F62 | Work: HHKB Professional 2 Silenced | Temporary Retirement:
More

Offline Happylomo

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 03:16:44 »
See, this is what i hate about GH. Everyone, or everything, seems to find a way to dig into my wallet. :mad:

Lol, thanks for the info, temence! :thumb:
Need to wait a little while for that though. Just updated my jp keys into ANSI. 

• Formerly temence
  • life marrow suckerer
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 03:27:00 »
See, this is what i hate about GH. Everyone, or everything, seems to find a way to dig into my wallet. :mad:

Lol, thanks for the info, temence! :thumb:
Need to wait a little while for that though. Just updated my jp keys into ANSI.

Haha, you know it. I was building a custom computer before I got into keyboards thinking it would save on a pre-built one. Now I think I've spent more on keyboards alone than the whole custom computer.
More

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 05:29:23 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Apart from the Shapeways slider linked above, JT Keycaps is producing sets of them, probably going to be sold through [CTRL]ALT at some stage (once the initial group buy has finished).
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Happylomo

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 08:13:58 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Apart from the Shapeways slider linked above, JT Keycaps is producing sets of them, probably going to be sold through [CTRL]ALT at some stage (once the initial group buy has finished).

Thanks Rowdy! yeah, I'll keep an eye on it  :thumb: