Author Topic: Hello my name is Ryan and ....  (Read 1413 times)

Offline usul0

Hello my name is Ryan and ....
« on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 08:35:59 »
Hello Hive,

I'm a long time mechanical keyboard user, and just recently found this site.  Also I'm a IT professional in the health care field and enjoy getting elbow deep in hardware.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: Hello my name is Ryan and ....
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 08:44:30 »
Mmmm good choice in the Filco and I like those GMK pops of color. Welcome to the 'hack! Hope you enjoy your time here.

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 09:16:24 »
Yay, another person from PA! Welcome! Hope you enjoy your time here!
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 12:52:30 »
YOUR TIME SPENT ON HERE WILL BE MUCH MORE ENJOYABLE IF YOU VIEW THIS SITE USING INTERNET EXPLORER. THE USE OF ALTERNATE BROWSERS DRASTICALLY INCREASES YOUR RISK OF COMPUTER VIRUSES, ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE UTILIZING ANY CRAPPLE® PRODUCT. NOBODY WANTS HIS COMPUTER TO GET A VIRUS! THIS IS WHY VIRTUALLY EVERY ENTERPRISE IT SYSTEM USES INTERNET EXPLORER.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO EXPRESS YOUR LOVE FOR INTERNET EXPLORER, YOU CAN ORDER A GENUINE INTERNET EXPLORER MOUSEPAD HERE:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49858.0
THEY ARE AVAILABLE FOR ONLY THREE EASY PAYMENTS OF $39.99 FOR A LIMITED TIME OFFER.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline usul0

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 16:21:51 »
Good call on the Filco, it has reds and I love the damn thing for daily use.  Flyersfan1, I'm a little north of you in Kutztown, and a big Allentown Phantoms fan.  Mr Windows, everything in my line of work runs on Windows... even the server farm.  I'll see about putting in work order for those mouse pads... I will need about 12,000 to replace every one at work.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 26 July 2015, 06:01:56 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

You can kinda recognise a lot of the keyboards when you've been around here a lot.  Filco is about the only one with caps/scroll lock LEDs in that position.

And nice GKM red keys too - not a lot of people have those :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 21:12:28 »
hello ryan, welcome to hell.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.