Author Topic: Hello GH world  (Read 2133 times)

Offline OTD

Hello GH world
« on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 00:21:23 »
Hello guys. New member here. I was recently introduced to keyboards from reddit which very easily lead to GH for reasons you all already know. I have seen some really nice otd custom keyboards posted on reddit and I wanted to get my hands on one but there seems to be limited info on them. every google search I do leads to either GH or some foreign sites such as enjoyclick and Other asian sites. I figured that I should probably register so I wont have to keep lurking anymore and I can actually start participating in some od your GB. Looking forward to meeting new friends and posibly being in the midwest meetup if you dong mind me bringing along some friends.

Offline raymogi

Re: Hello GH world
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 00:25:19 »
Welcome!

I also recently stumbled upon pics of those OTD boards and I WANT IT. From what I gather they are very limited and maybe not being sold anymore. I searched eBay but found nothing. Maybe some Korean auction site still have them.
Please feed my addiction.

Offline OTD

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 00:30:29 »
Welcome!

I also recently stumbled upon pics of those OTD boards and I WANT IT. From what I gather they are very limited and maybe not being sold anymore. I searched eBay but found nothing. Maybe some Korean auction site still have them.

I am glad that I am not alone on this one. I was actually lucky that lives in my area had a cheat he was able to sell me so I am really pumped to get my first otd.

Offline zars15

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 00:42:50 »
Welcome!

I am glad that I am not alone on this one. I was actually lucky that lives in my area had a cheat he was able to sell me so I am really pumped to get my first otd.

Oh wow, buying such board from someone local is incredible. Are you gonna mod it, or leave as it is for now?

Offline OTD

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 00:45:48 »
mod it once i learn how with my razer to practice on

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 05:38:48 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Attending the meetup would be great, and taking a few friends along is more than welcome :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline OTD

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 10:49:49 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Attending the meetup would be great, and taking a few friends along is more than welcome :)

how many usually attend and wht is the main differences from the keycon vids uploaded on youtube

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 05:55:47 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

how many usually attend and wht is the main differences from the keycon vids uploaded on youtube

Dunno 'cause I've never been to one :p

One or two have been very lightly attended, less than a dozen people.  Other meetups seem to have a couple of dozen, maybe up to 30 people, attending.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 22:37:46 »
hello
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline OTD

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 07 September 2015, 11:36:21 »
So keycons are actually smaller than meetups? That is confusing. You would think the convention would have more people.

Offline E3E

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 07 September 2015, 15:49:21 »
Damn, you love OTD boards so much that you named yourself after them (community notwithstanding :P). That's some real dedication.

Offline OTD

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 09 September 2015, 20:29:41 »
Damn, you love OTD boards so much that you named yourself after them (community notwithstanding :P). That's some real dedication.
its my very first keyboard that is a custom and my neighbor is nice enough to hook me up with a cheat at cost

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 09 September 2015, 20:51:49 »
http://www.otd.kr/bbs/board.php?bo_table=album&sca=&sfl=wr_subject&stx=356&x=0&y=0

Might as well go to the source ;)

Use Google Translate to get rough info. Unfortunately you'll need to be Korean (or have help from the inside) to register for the rest of the forum, but they have quite a media gallery. Searchable at the bottom of the page.

Good luck! OTD boards come up on the classifieds here every now and again. Your best bet is to hang around and become part of the community here!

This thread is also sure to provide hours of entertainment: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=35864.0
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 13 September 2015, 04:59:11 »
So keycons are actually smaller than meetups? That is confusing. You would think the convention would have more people.

Depends on the location and the time.

Keycons are usually well attended, but not everyone can get there due to location and/or timing.

Meetups arrange sufficiently far in advance might have large attendance, especially if small groups converge on the area from different locations.