Author Topic: Looking for a new scissor switch queen  (Read 10914 times)

Offline mrwolf

Looking for a new scissor switch queen
« on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 04:38:02 »
Hi there!

As my Enermax Acrylux bites the dust, I am looking for a replacement; I have tried only two scissor switch keyboards so far:
  • Gigabyte GK-K7100, some keys fell off and I finally threw it away; paint on keys was also getting away easily
  • Enermax Acrylux, I had all kind of problems with this model: keyboard hung up (!!!) if power is disconnected (goes away once static dispels), fried battery of one phone charging through one of its USB ports, randomly typing tildes, some letters electronically dead

A4tech KX-6MU (http://www.a4tech.com/product.asp?m=&cid=223&scid=223&id=452) looks close to what I am looking for, except that I do not want the whistles and bells and I do not think it would be a good quality keyboard anyway...

So, to summarize:
  • YES: scissor switch (x-key)
  • NO: chiclet/flat buttons
  • NO: extra stuff
  • MAYBE: wireless
  • MAYBE: some extra buttons and USB ports, if they don't screw up the size/design of the keyboard

I've tried the Logitech K120 in the past, but it didn't impress me; if the Acrylux weren't so troubled (only 1 of those I own is in working status now) I would still buy/use them, but they are out of production anyway and given the troubles I thought it'd be a good idea to try to change brand anyway.

Please advise me :)
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 September 2015, 04:39:56 by mrwolf »

Offline mrwolf

Re: Looking for a new scissor switch queen
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 13:58:06 »
I think I am going for a Cougar 200K.

How come no reply? :) Did I post in a terribly wrong way or it's just simply not interesting? I assume most people are into mechanical keyboards here?

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 21:28:52 »
I think I am going for a Cougar 200K.

How come no reply? :) Did I post in a terribly wrong way or it's just simply not interesting? I assume most people are into mechanical keyboards here?

It is a fact that there are not too many people that are into scissor switch keyboards.  If you asked about other types of mechanical keyboards you would get a better response.

A good example is my response to this post.  I have no clue about scissor switch keyboards.  I'm sure there are some people on here that would be more than happy to provide you with the information you need.  I am not even sure what category a scissor switch keyboard falls into!  Is it even considered a mechanical keyboard?

Welcome to Geekhack!

Offline blueangel2323

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 22:19:44 »
See if you can find one of these used:
http://www.engadget.com/products/lenovo/thinkpad/usb-keyboard/with-trackpoint/

The legendary IBM ThinkPad keyboard (the best scissor switch keyboard ever made) in a USB version! It should last forever, but if the domes ever get soft, or if the keycaps get too shiny, you can just order a replacement keyboard and swap the old one out of the frame - two screws and one ribbon cable.

The new Lenovo version unfortunately has island style keys, but it's still the best laptop keyboard being produced today: http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/itemdetails/0B47190/460/60AC6A0372B14F5BA7B12F1FF88E33C7

Offline blueangel2323

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 22:29:48 »
IF you need a number pad, there is also an older version that has one: http://www.geek.com/review/review-lenovo-thinkpad-ultranav-keyboard-724321/

It uses an older version of the ThinkPad keyboard though (the same keyboard as the one on my ThinkPad X201, as opposed to the newer version above, which uses the same keyboard as my ThinkPad X220, with the enlarged Esc and Delete keys), so it might be harder to find replacements?

« Last Edit: Sun, 20 September 2015, 22:32:15 by blueangel2323 »

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 22:36:49 »
I guess the Trackpoint II 13H6705 wouldn't be a choice at all....

Or the 92G7561 either....

Find out what your fingers are missing!!!!!!!

Offline blueangel2323

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 22:41:35 »
Haha OP specifically asked for scissor switches, so... the little red nub was just icing on the cake!

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 23:09:08 »
Haha OP specifically asked for scissor switches, so... the little red nub was just icing on the cake!

Yeah maybe I was trying to get them to switch to a different switch!  Your post of the Thinkpad X201 really did remind me of my Trackpoint II keyboards.  I just had to show there are alternatives.

Offline blueangel2323

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 23:36:34 »
I've never had the pleasure of using one of those, but since they're made by IBM I'm assuming they are buckling spring like the Model F and M, which means really amazing.

I love the keyboard on my X220 though. It's not only way better than any other laptop keyboard, but I actually prefer it to most desktop rubber dome keyboards as well.

Offline mrwolf

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 00:29:11 »

It is a fact that there are not too many people that are into scissor switch keyboards.  If you asked about other types of mechanical keyboards you would get a better response.

A good example is my response to this post.  I have no clue about scissor switch keyboards.  I'm sure there are some people on here that would be more than happy to provide you with the information you need.  I am not even sure what category a scissor switch keyboard falls into!  Is it even considered a mechanical keyboard?

Welcome to Geekhack!

I am not sure if it's a mechanical keyboard, from Wikipedia:
A special case of the computer keyboard dome-switch is the scissor-switch. The keys are attached to the keyboard via two plastic pieces that interlock in a "scissor"-like fashion, and snap to the keyboard and the key. It still uses rubber domes, but a special plastic 'scissors' mechanism links the keycap to a plunger that depresses the rubber dome with a much shorter travel than the typical rubber dome keyboard. Typically scissor-switch keyboards also employ 3-layer membranes as the electrical component of the switch. They also usually have a shorter total key travel distance (2 mm instead of 3.5 – 4 mm for standard dome-switch keyswitches). This type of keyswitch is often found on the built-in keyboards on laptops and keyboards marketed as 'low-profile'. These keyboards are generally quiet and the keys require little force to press.

Scissor-switch keyboards are typically slightly more expensive. They are harder to clean (due to the limited movement of the keys and their multiple attachment points) but also less likely to get debris in them as the gaps between the keys are often less (as there is no need for extra room to allow for the 'wiggle' in the key as you would find on a membrane keyboard).

Offline mrwolf

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 00:31:17 »

Yeah maybe I was trying to get them to switch to a different switch!  Your post of the Thinkpad X201 really did remind me of my Trackpoint II keyboards.  I just had to show there are alternatives.
Nice try :P

The keyboard of my first PC, 1997, looks a lot like these, but no thanks :P

Offline mrwolf

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 00:34:47 »

The legendary IBM ThinkPad keyboard (the best scissor switch keyboard ever made) in a USB version! It should last forever, but if the domes ever get soft, or if the keycaps get too shiny, you can just order a replacement keyboard and swap the old one out of the frame - two screws and one ribbon cable.

Show Image

The new Lenovo version unfortunately has island style keys, but it's still the best laptop keyboard being produced today: http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/itemdetails/0B47190/460/60AC6A0372B14F5BA7B12F1FF88E33C7

IF you need a number pad, there is also an older version that has one: http://www.geek.com/review/review-lenovo-thinkpad-ultranav-keyboard-724321/

It uses an older version of the ThinkPad keyboard though (the same keyboard as the one on my ThinkPad X201, as opposed to the newer version above, which uses the same keyboard as my ThinkPad X220, with the enlarged Esc and Delete keys), so it might be harder to find replacements?

Show Image

Oh wow, thanks for the references. Although I guess these are to be considered collectibles? :) Would still love to get my hands on one...
Yes, I agree the Thinkpad keyboard was the best, I haven't yet had the pleasure to see how it compares to the one on the X1 Carbon, that they say it tries to reforge its glory

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 02:25:13 »

Show Image

+1 to this.

Although it's hard to find and quite expensive usually if you do manage to find one. Have you considered trying a mechanical keyboard, perhaps something with MX Browns?  ;)

I have used a lot of scissor boards in the past, some decent, some terrible. My favourites were definitely the older IBM laptop boards, but I can't stand any of the more modern scissor boards. The only other one that's come close has been the board on my 2009 MacBook Pro. That's pretty decent for a scissor board, especially considering it's also chiclet, which I didn't like at first. It grew on me.

But I now have a board with plate mounted modded MX Clears at work and another at home, which are MUCH better than scissor switches, IMHO. Especially with a nice set of thick heavy keycaps on.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 09:57:25 »
I've never had the pleasure of using one of those, but since they're made by IBM I'm assuming they are buckling spring like the Model F and M, which means really amazing.

That's what I was trying to get mrwolf to understand.  There is no comparison!

I suppose you never looked at my Imgur site:
http://snowdog993.imgur.com/
*sigh*
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 September 2015, 10:04:18 by Snowdog993 »

Offline blueangel2323

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 12:20:16 »

I am not sure if it's a mechanical keyboard, from Wikipedia:
A special case of the computer keyboard dome-switch is the scissor-switch. The keys are attached to the keyboard via two plastic pieces that interlock in a "scissor"-like fashion, and snap to the keyboard and the key. It still uses rubber domes, but a special plastic 'scissors' mechanism links the keycap to a plunger that depresses the rubber dome with a much shorter travel than the typical rubber dome keyboard. Typically scissor-switch keyboards also employ 3-layer membranes as the electrical component of the switch. They also usually have a shorter total key travel distance (2 mm instead of 3.5 – 4 mm for standard dome-switch keyswitches). This type of keyswitch is often found on the built-in keyboards on laptops and keyboards marketed as 'low-profile'. These keyboards are generally quiet and the keys require little force to press.

Scissor-switch keyboards are typically slightly more expensive. They are harder to clean (due to the limited movement of the keys and their multiple attachment points) but also less likely to get debris in them as the gaps between the keys are often less (as there is no need for extra room to allow for the 'wiggle' in the key as you would find on a membrane keyboard).

Technically, all keyboards are mechanical... but usually the term mechanical keyboard is used to refer to keyboards that have separate switches under each key, as opposed to a sheet of rubber domes over a membrane. Of course, there are many grey areas. Most people would agree that scissor switch keyboards are just normal rubber dome keyboards with a scissor mechanism added, and not a true mechanical keyboard.

I don't think most PCs made in 1997 would've still come with a mechanical keyboard. So maybe they look similar, but the ones snowdog posted would feel far superior to your fingers.

+1 to this.

Although it's hard to find and quite expensive usually if you do manage to find one. Have you considered trying a mechanical keyboard, perhaps something with MX Browns?  ;)

I have used a lot of scissor boards in the past, some decent, some terrible. My favourites were definitely the older IBM laptop boards, but I can't stand any of the more modern scissor boards. The only other one that's come close has been the board on my 2009 MacBook Pro. That's pretty decent for a scissor board, especially considering it's also chiclet, which I didn't like at first. It grew on me.

But I now have a board with plate mounted modded MX Clears at work and another at home, which are MUCH better than scissor switches, IMHO. Especially with a nice set of thick heavy keycaps on.

Honestly, I don't like MX Browns. They don't even come close to having the tactility of the ThinkPad keyboard or other good rubber domes. The "tactile" point is so small that to me it feels like a linear switch with some sand caught inside the switch lol. I'd imagine MX Clears to be much better, although they are relatively rare so I haven't had a chance to try them yet.

My 2008 MacBook Air had a decent keyboard (very similar to the one in the new MacBook Pro), but the new Air have such shallow keyboards with almost no key travel. The keys in the new Microsoft Sculpt ergonomic keyboard are decent too. But none are quite as good as the old ThinkPad keyboard.

Oh wow, thanks for the references. Although I guess these are to be considered collectibles? :) Would still love to get my hands on one...
Yes, I agree the Thinkpad keyboard was the best, I haven't yet had the pleasure to see how it compares to the one on the X1 Carbon, that they say it tries to reforge its glory

The keyboard on the X1 Carbon is similar to the ones on all the new ThinkPads, except maybe a little bit shallower. You can go into any computer store that sells ThinkPads and try out the feel of the keyboard - if you're ok with it despite the island style keys, you can get the USB version that's still in production.

Otherwise the "collectible" versions as you say can sometimes be found on Craigslist, Kijiji, or eBay for under $100. Usually around $60-70, which isn't bad at all considering that a replacement laptop keyboard itself, without the USB casing, is around $60.

Don't get it from Amazon... it's a whopping $350 :eek: http://www.amazon.com/ThinkPad-USB-Keyboard-with-TrackPoint/dp/B002ONCC6G

Offline jcoffin1981

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 19:47:55 »
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by chiclet keys.  I assume that means flat.  Every scissor switch board I have seen has had low profile keys (to various degrees, obviously thinnest on laptops). 

I have used a Logitech Illuminated K740 for 4 or 5 years and it is one of my favorite keyboards ever.  I finally got rid of it when switching to a mech board.  The keys are little stiff and there a sharp bump when the key is pressed, but the board is VERY quiet.  I can type faster on this board than any other one, probably because of the shorter keystroke.  I also think it's very good looking, although now that I've gotten used to a 60 percent board I could never go back to a full s
KPB V60 Gateron Browns and Leopold Keycaps.  Poker 3 with Gateron Browns and Poker keycaps.  Poker 3 with Cherry MX Browns, ABS keycaps and white LED's.

Leopold FC660M- my new favorite, right out of the box.

Offline blueangel2323

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 23:25:07 »
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by chiclet keys.  I assume that means flat.  Every scissor switch board I have seen has had low profile keys (to various degrees, obviously thinnest on laptops). 

I have used a Logitech Illuminated K740 for 4 or 5 years and it is one of my favorite keyboards ever.  I finally got rid of it when switching to a mech board.  The keys are little stiff and there a sharp bump when the key is pressed, but the board is VERY quiet.  I can type faster on this board than any other one, probably because of the shorter keystroke.  I also think it's very good looking, although now that I've gotten used to a 60 percent board I could never go back to a full s

Chiclet is a synonym for island-style, where the keys are squares with rounded edges, separated by a bezel with holes that the keys are pressed into. Non-chiclet keys are shaped like traditional desktop keyboard keys, with no bezel, only a small amount of empty space between the keys. The latter is a dying breed, unfortunately.

Chiclet/island style:

Traditional non-chiclet style:

Logitech keyboards with their PerfectStroke keys, like the K740, are among the best rubber dome keyboards I've ever used. The tactility is amazing. The stiffness does take some getting used to, though.
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 September 2015, 23:29:57 by blueangel2323 »

Offline steve.v

Looking for a new scissor switch queen
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 22 September 2015, 09:36:00 »
I really like logitech's k800 scissor switch. Its really snappy and responsive. I think its high quality. They can be found in most stores on the shelf for testing.

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 22 September 2015, 10:46:22 »
I really like logitech's k800 scissor switch. Its really snappy and responsive. I think its high quality. They can be found in most stores on the shelf for testing.

I hope you find what you need mrwolf.  I tried be helpful and sincere.

Offline mrwolf

« Reply #19 on: Tue, 22 September 2015, 11:28:50 »

I mean like this: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/66/Macbook_keys.jpg

This is totally not my thing :P

Yeah, looks good. I could use one of these, although I assume the wrists pad is not detachable?

Offline mrwolf

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 22 September 2015, 11:30:02 »

Show Image

+1 to this.

Yeah I already tried mechanical keyboards, and a good one too. I tried both the blue and red caps, didn't work for me. Right now I prefer scissor keys, they are also less tiring on my fingers

Offline mrwolf

« Reply #21 on: Tue, 22 September 2015, 11:30:43 »
I suppose you never looked at my Imgur site:
http://snowdog993.imgur.com/
*sigh*

wow, impressive collection  ^-^

Offline mrwolf

« Reply #22 on: Tue, 22 September 2015, 11:33:02 »

Yeah, I think this one (or the K740) are good choices for what I am looking for, thanks, will definitively consider them. I am a bit unsure about the lower pad though..would be nice if that could be removed. I know it's for resting the wrists, but still I prefer a smaller form factor :)

Offline mrwolf

« Reply #23 on: Tue, 22 September 2015, 11:34:10 »
Logitech keyboards with their PerfectStroke keys, like the K740, are among the best rubber dome keyboards I've ever used. The tactility is amazing. The stiffness does take some getting used to, though.

You mean the K740 is a bit stiff?

Offline mrwolf

« Reply #24 on: Tue, 22 September 2015, 11:35:06 »
I hope you find what you need mrwolf.  I tried be helpful and sincere.

Sure! Thanks for the tips, much appreciated :) I am building up a list, maybe I'll buy two and make a present out of the one I like least :P I already have enough keyboards lying around as probably you guys too..

Offline blueangel2323

« Reply #25 on: Tue, 22 September 2015, 17:09:52 »
More

Show Image

+1 to this.

Yeah I already tried mechanical keyboards, and a good one too. I tried both the blue and red caps, didn't work for me. Right now I prefer scissor keys, they are also less tiring on my fingers

Linear switches like Reds are no good for typing - they have no tactile feedback. Blues are ok. Rubber domes are less tiring on your fingers because once you get past the initial resistance at the top of the key travel, the dome collapses and there's no further resistance. Whereas mechanical switches like Cherry have a much lower actuation point (around halfway), and the spring is constant pressure against your fingers the whole time. There are mechanical switches that have higher actuation points though, and also ones where resistance actually goes down after the point. Alps are a good example, and IMO far superior to common Cherry switches.

More

You mean the K740 is a bit stiff?

Compared to your average mushy rubber dome keyboard, yes. But the stiffness is actually great, once you get used to it. They are very common keyboards so just go to any local big box store that sells computer equipment and try it out for yourself.

Offline jcoffin1981

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 22 September 2015, 20:55:00 »

I mean like this: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/66/Macbook_keys.jpg

This is totally not my thing :P

Yeah, looks good. I could use one of these, although I assume the wrists pad is not detachable?

Thats right, it is built into the case and it does take up more desk space.  It is firm, rubbberish, and very comfortable. 
KPB V60 Gateron Browns and Leopold Keycaps.  Poker 3 with Gateron Browns and Poker keycaps.  Poker 3 with Cherry MX Browns, ABS keycaps and white LED's.

Offline mrwolf

« Reply #27 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 12:44:25 »
By the way, just got the cougar 200k.

It's very comfortable to touch and typing is also very nice; only issue I see at the moment is that - depending on where you press the space bar, you get a double space hit, and I already got a key stuck :( that would be a telling sign of a cheap  scissor switch :(

I am afraid I'll ask for a refund; I understand it's a gaming keyboard, made to be hammered...but still

Offline rsantos97

« Reply #28 on: Thu, 19 November 2015, 21:08:07 »
Give the Kensignton Keyboard For Life a try.  Yes, that is the name of the keyboard, I know stupid name.  But it is a great scissor switch keyboard.  The best part is that you can get one on Amazon for only $12 shipped.

I have been on the same quest to find the ultimate scissor switch keyboard ever since my Logitech Ultra-X died.  I have owned many expensive keyboards, but I always go back to a scissor switch.  I love the very low profile keys and shorter travel.  Another good choice is the Thinkpad USB keyboard, though it has chicklet style keys, but they are not as bad as those square ones. 

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 19 November 2015, 22:59:36 »
I just tried some of the Logitech bluetooth compact models for tablets and such and they've got a pretty snappy fell and not much travel.  Coming from an M it was hard to admit that I liked them, lol.

Offline mrwolf

« Reply #30 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 12:14:00 »
Not sure about the Kensington Keyboard For Life: you say it's a scissor switch, but tech specs says it's membrane on Amazon.

By the way, I settled on the (previously suggested here) Logitech K800. A tad expensive, but it delivers what you expect from it. I could also pair my cheap logitech mouse with the same 2.4Ghz receiver.

The keys have a shape which I am not used to, a bit rounded, but it's comfortable to type and gives the feedback I wanted without making my fingertips painful.

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #31 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 12:18:25 »
Give the Kensignton Keyboard For Life a try.  Yes, that is the name of the keyboard, I know stupid name.  But it is a great scissor switch keyboard.  The best part is that you can get one on Amazon for only $12 shipped.

I have been on the same quest to find the ultimate scissor switch keyboard ever since my Logitech Ultra-X died.  I have owned many expensive keyboards, but I always go back to a scissor switch.  I love the very low profile keys and shorter travel.  Another good choice is the Thinkpad USB keyboard, though it has chicklet style keys, but they are not as bad as those square ones.

You have got to be kidding about the Kensington KFL!  That has the most AWFUL alignment of keys I ever encountered!  You can't be serious about that keyboard!  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Offline mrwolf

« Reply #32 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 12:22:34 »
You have got to be kidding about the Kensington KFL!  That has the most AWFUL alignment of keys I ever encountered!  You can't be serious about that keyboard!  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Ah, your reaction reminds me of the first time I saw the keyboard of the Macbook pro. The fn key left of the Ctrl one, I was like: but why?

Offline mrwolf

« Reply #33 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 12:24:37 »
I just saw how the Enter key is mutilated on the KFL  :'( it's probably just habit, but I prefer a full Enter key (bordering with backspace on top and shift on bottom)

Offline blueangel2323

« Reply #34 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 16:39:51 »

Ah, your reaction reminds me of the first time I saw the keyboard of the Macbook pro. The fn key left of the Ctrl one, I was like: but why?

Same on ThinkPads. You can switch Fn and Ctrl in BIOS though.

Offline mrwolf

« Reply #35 on: Mon, 14 November 2016, 12:43:47 »
The K800 has served me well, however yesterday I noticed a problem with the "T" key, it wouldn't press correctly. So I said: I know scissor key, I'll just open it and fix it.

It's totally not like other keyboards I had. The act of opening the key sufficed to destroy/crack most of the brittle plastic that makes the switch.

Result: I am not buying Logitech again, and I need a new keyboard :(

Offline hurst

« Reply #36 on: Mon, 14 November 2016, 17:02:06 »
Rock beats scissors.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #37 on: Tue, 15 November 2016, 16:54:03 »
The K800 has served me well, however yesterday I noticed a problem with the "T" key, it wouldn't press correctly. So I said: I know scissor key, I'll just open it and fix it.

It's totally not like other keyboards I had. The act of opening the key sufficed to destroy/crack most of the brittle plastic that makes the switch.

Result: I am not buying Logitech again, and I need a new keyboard :(
You can get individual caps/stabs on eBay, I believe. $5 is a lot for that, but less than price of a full keyboard.

Offline jcoffin1981

« Reply #38 on: Tue, 15 November 2016, 19:08:45 »
The K800 is the wireless version of the Log. Illuminated Keyboard.  Let me warn you that these are EXTREMELY sensitive to moisture.  Just a few drops that work their way down the keys will destroy it and it will type gibberish forever.  I eat and drink around my mechs, but you can't do that with this one.

On one occasion I put the board back in the original bag and box for storage.  I spilled nothing.  I took it out a few months later to use it and it again was gibberish.  There must have been residual moisture on the case somewhere maybe from spraying and wiping the desk down.  In the bag this moisture evaporated and ruined it.  It's all I can think of as it was working perfectly when packaged away.

Offline snarfarlarkus

« Reply #39 on: Thu, 17 November 2016, 00:46:51 »
May I ask why scissor? I'd rather use rubber dome than scissor but thats just my personal preference.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #40 on: Thu, 17 November 2016, 10:16:23 »
May I ask why scissor? I'd rather use rubber dome than scissor but thats just my personal preference.
Scissor "switch" is a stabilization mechanism for rubber domes, sooo…

Offline keykaiser

« Reply #41 on: Thu, 17 November 2016, 12:16:04 »
Scissors are actually pretty good.  Have you looked at new Microsoft Surface Ergonomic?

Offline czarek

• Keep the momentum going!
    • FalbaTech
« Reply #42 on: Tue, 22 November 2016, 09:42:45 »
With all honesty - 12" PowerBook G4. Who ever used one, knows that it's one of the best keyboards ever.
My little ErgoDox / GH60 factory: http://falbatech.pl

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #43 on: Sat, 26 November 2016, 01:07:37 »
With all honesty - 12" PowerBook G4. Who ever used one, knows that it's one of the best keyboards ever.

I'll be honest, the old pre-2008 MBP were some of my favs