Author Topic: Apple Keyboard II M0487 in black #rare  (Read 3593 times)

Offline BADBADNOTGOOD

Apple Keyboard II M0487 in black #rare
« on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 15:15:07 »
According to one of the listings these keyboards were sold with a limited edition black mac and only sold 10,000 units in 4 months.

9 available OBO
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-Keyboard-II-ADB-Black-Vintage-Rare-Macintosh-TV-Coiled-Cable-M0487-RARE-/321663877076?hash=item4ae4a93fd4

No bid BIN $185
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Apple-Keyboard-II-ADB-M0487-from-rare-vintage-Macintosh-TV-coiled-cable-/171950530955?hash=item28090ce18b

I wonder how rare they really are if I could find 10 for sale pretty easily though...

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Apple Keyboard II M0487 in black #rare
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 16:13:00 »
I am pretty sure that the "Apple Keyboard II" is not at all like the "Apple Extended Keyboard II" and my guess is that it is a really bad rubber dome board like the "Apple Design Keyboard"

But please correct me if I'm wrong.
"It's 110, but it doesn't feel it to me, right. If anybody goes down. Everybody was so worried yesterday about you and they never mentioned me. I'm up here sweating like a dog. They don’t think about me. This is hard work.
Do you feel the breeze? I don't want anybody going on me. We need every voter. I don't care about you. I just want your vote. I don't care."
- Donald Trump - Las Vegas 2024-06-09

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 16:32:40 »
I think that's this one: http://deskthority.net/wiki/Apple_Keyboard_II

Not mechanical, fancy rubber dome, in that case.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline jd29

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 16:57:16 »
 I got one of these (white) in the mail today for the SMK caps lock switch. For the rest of the board, a spring closes a capacitive connection, and around the spring is a rubber dome for cushioning. It feels really really bad.

The "switches" are mounted on plastic, but behind that is a nice curved backplate. I wonder why they even bothered.

Edit: Maybe it's the dome that closes it. Here's a picture. Anyway, it feels super awful, and I think SMK's version (serial number begins with S) is the good one.

« Last Edit: Tue, 29 September 2015, 17:14:00 by jd29 »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 17:43:53 »
I think SMK's version (serial number begins with S) is the good one.

My experience with the Apple Design Keyboard is that the early ones with detachable cords have nice Alps-compatible key caps, while the ones with the attached cable are similar to what is shown in your picture.
"It's 110, but it doesn't feel it to me, right. If anybody goes down. Everybody was so worried yesterday about you and they never mentioned me. I'm up here sweating like a dog. They don’t think about me. This is hard work.
Do you feel the breeze? I don't want anybody going on me. We need every voter. I don't care about you. I just want your vote. I don't care."
- Donald Trump - Las Vegas 2024-06-09

Offline jd29

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 18:14:49 »

My experience with the Apple Design Keyboard is that the early ones with detachable cords have nice Alps-compatible key caps, while the ones with the attached cable are similar to what is shown in your picture.

Mine does have a detachable cable and Alps-style caps. My picture may have mislead you, I left the "switch" assembly attached to the cap.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 18:48:28 »

Yeah, even if you don't like the AppleDesign (which is well within the line of expectation), the caps (and cable) are definitely worth the trouble.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline Vanilla

• 110% Snuggable
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 20:41:17 »
The difference in price between a yellowed to hell apple ii beige board and this can buy a lot of black rit dye.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 20:44:59 »
I wouldn't buy this since the legends are pad printed.
Personally I'd rather get Sp's black dsa alps caps.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards