Author Topic: [IC] Aspen DSA  (Read 3951 times)

Offline tern21

[IC] Aspen DSA
« on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 22:02:08 »
Hi there! I really haven't been active at all on geekhack and wanted to share this to you guys.  It has BFT alphas wiht GQM legends, GE modifiers with VBV legends. I really want to embody the cold and sheer beauty of a aspen forest in winter, while not fully focusing on it, by on the subtile thing within the forest,  Tell me what you think! :D

« Last Edit: Wed, 21 October 2015, 07:50:48 by tern21 »

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
Re: [IC] Aspen DSA
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 22:05:16 »
Winter-themed keycaps? It'll never sell.

A little joke there. But seriously, your image isn't showing up.

Edit: looks like you forgot the .jpg extension in the URL. Here:

« Last Edit: Tue, 20 October 2015, 22:06:50 by njbair »

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline tern21

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 22:13:06 »

But seriously, your image isn't showing up.

Thanks!

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 22:31:37 »
Is this MX mount? I noticed you've got a 6.5U spacebar. What's that for? I'm not familiar with an MX board with a 6.5U spacebar.

I do like the 6U option. That will be huge for Infinity owners.

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline tern21

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 22:45:54 »
It would have mx stems. Some keyboards like the K65 and quickfire TK have a 6.5U spacebar. No idea why, but they do.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 22:53:53 »
Getting back to the colorway, I think the tone of the dark gray is too neutral. Something more towards the cooler side of the spectrum might be better, whether that's greenish gray or blueish gray.

My boards:
More

Offline tern21

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 23:09:04 »
I originally had it with VBV legends on the alphas. I would make it colder, but then the colors get to close and start to be illegible because of it and it starts to burn a little.

Offline neverused

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 23:29:17 »

Hi there! I really haven't been active at all on geekhack and wanted to share this to you guys.

How to build confidence right off the bat.

Interesting colors, it's like a muted space cadet palette.

Offline tern21

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 03:55:34 »

Hi there! I really haven't been active at all on geekhack and wanted to share this to you guys.

How to build confidence right off the bat.

Interesting colors, it's like a muted space cadet palette.

That is why this would not be shipped to me if we get to a group buy, as I don't really have the trust of the community. It eould be ran by PMK directly or by Massdrop. This is my way of trying to be active and breach my way it.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 04:06:59 »
I like this. It's a good balance of colours to my eye. What are the actual legend colours, though?

SP do make 6.5x DSA spacebars:

http://imgur.com/a/UCvDu

and 6x:

^^posting these for those who will argue the point (including SP).

I believe they also make both sizes in DCS, but haven't confirmed this.

I think it's nice to support those who need them, but I think I'd separate the 6x and 6.5x into their own kit, since most buyers won't want them and won't like paying for what they don't need. If there are enough people who do want it, it could reach a 25 MOQ. And they won't mind paying the small MOQ price for it, since they are very hard to find. If there aren't even 25 who want it, that's just more justification for not forcing everyone to pay for it.

Boards that use 6x: HHKB with MX sliders, Infinity with Hacker layout, Razer Blackwidow
Boards that use 6.5x: Logitech G710+, Corsair K70 & K90
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline tern21

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 07:53:35 »
What are the actual legend colours, though?

I think it's nice to support those who need them, but I think I'd separate the 6x and 6.5x into their own kit, since most buyers won't want them and won't like paying for what they don't need. If there are enough people who do want it, it could reach a 25 MOQ. And they won't mind paying the small MOQ price for it, since they are very hard to find. If there aren't even 25 who want it, that's just more justification for not forcing everyone to pay for it.

Whoops, added to the OP that they are GQM. The spacebars would not be in one pack, thjat is just showing what is available for the spacebar options. They would be bought bar by bar.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 08:15:33 »
SP do make 6.5x DSA spacebars:

More
http://imgur.com/a/UCvDu

Show Image

Show Image

and 6x:

More
Show Image

^^posting these for those who will argue the point (including SP).

I believe they also make both sizes in DCS, but haven't confirmed this.

Can confirm. Alpine Winter offers both 6U and 6.5U DCS spacebars, with Alps mounts to boot. I knew they were possible, I just wasn't aware of any MX keyboards that used a 6.5U spacebar.

My boards:
More