Author Topic: [GB] ComPact SQ - 1800 Inspired [COMPLETE]  (Read 305660 times)

Offline att1cus

• * Maker
Re: [GB] ComPact SQ - 1800 Inspired [Shipping]
« Reply #1150 on: Wed, 04 May 2016, 21:33:42 »
Hi everyone:

just got this board for a friend of mine, and have a few questions:

what additional keys are needed to properly fit the board? The right-hand CTRL, ALT, and shift keys are not the correct sizes from my OEM ducky keyset.  Also
where can i adjust key bindings and LED colors and effects?

I'm sure this has been covered elsewhere but I'm new to the CPSQ game - sorry for my noobie questions.  Just hoping for a quick-start :)

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #1151 on: Wed, 04 May 2016, 22:02:36 »
Hi everyone:

just got this board for a friend of mine, and have a few questions:

what additional keys are needed to properly fit the board? The right-hand CTRL, ALT, and shift keys are not the correct sizes from my OEM ducky keyset.  Also
where can i adjust key bindings and LED colors and effects?

I'm sure this has been covered elsewhere but I'm new to the CPSQ game - sorry for my noobie questions.  Just hoping for a quick-start :)

Right hand ctrl and alt need to be 1.5u in size (while the left side are 1.25u). The left shift needs to be a 1.75u 'short shift'. These are keys that are normally in an adapter kit (Tsangan kit) or in lager sets that come with all the addons (like most GMK sets).

The keymapping and LED software is called 'jig on' and there are links to it on every other page  :)  http://kbdlab.co.kr/index.php?document_srl=2702787&mid=board_sw

Offline axtran

« Reply #1152 on: Wed, 04 May 2016, 22:10:28 »
It's based on an 1800--you will have to get a keycap set from either a harvested Cherry board or a custom keycap set which has: 1.75U Shift, 2x 1.5U Control and Shift keys (R4), 1U "0 and ." keys on the numpad, and depending upon how you configured the numpad (it supports standard large + as well as 1800 split) those keys as well.

If you're doing Signature Plastics kits, you'll need a "Tsangan" kit, and then whatever gives you a split right shift (I'm not sure what those would be called...).
MX Silent > MX Vintage Black > Everything Else

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #1153 on: Wed, 04 May 2016, 22:29:51 »
It's based on an 1800--you will have to get a keycap set from either a harvested Cherry board or a custom keycap set which has: 1.75U Shift, 2x 1.5U Control and Shift keys (R4), 1U "0 and ." keys on the numpad, and depending upon how you configured the numpad (it supports standard large + as well as 1800 split) those keys as well.

If you're doing Signature Plastics kits, you'll need a "Tsangan" kit, and then whatever gives you a split right shift (I'm not sure what those would be called...).

Nah, short right shift is in Tsangan kits already.

Offline axtran

« Reply #1154 on: Wed, 04 May 2016, 22:57:30 »
Nice. I dislike SP sets so I stopped buying them a while ago, so I definitely forgot.

Sent from my iPhone
MX Silent > MX Vintage Black > Everything Else

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #1155 on: Wed, 04 May 2016, 23:55:33 »
still waiting leeku 75% :3

Offline Fetty AWP

« Reply #1156 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 19:35:52 »
+1 to this.

Offline rondg

« Reply #1157 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 02:11:53 »
Are the spares already shipping? Leeku is not replying to my emails...

Offline onmybikedrunk

• Danny Woods - Industrial Designer
« Reply #1158 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 02:19:15 »
I got my spare.  I was the first to order one though, and I had just bought a house and was moving.  I literally got it with a day to spare.  I wouldn't be concerned.  He's a family man and has a lot going on.  It will come...

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
  • authentic church of halverson member
« Reply #1160 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 02:24:42 »

did you put [CPSQ] in the subject?

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #1161 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 02:44:41 »
+1 to this.

Show Image

:p :p :p :p :p
Hopefully his PCB is compatible with oktagon
I like mechanical keyboards

Offline onmybikedrunk

« Reply #1162 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 03:00:16 »

Kiwi makes a good point here. Make sure you read back in the thread, I think it's supposed to be something like [CPSQ] Username -- I'm sure he has mail filters going on.

Offline soilheart

« Reply #1163 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 03:08:20 »

Kiwi makes a good point here. Make sure you read back in the thread, I think it's supposed to be something like [CPSQ] Username -- I'm sure he has mail filters going on.

I sent a "CPSQ - Username" email (as per his first comment about emails), so hopefully his filters aren't too strict... on the other hand I haven't gotten an answer yet either.
(K70 -  Brown) --- Pok3r - Clear --- Ducky Shine4 - Clear --- WKL B.face X2 - 67g Zealios --- CP-SQ - 78g Zealios --- RS68 - 62g Zealios
(Sold/retired - To be built)

Offline leeku

« Reply #1164 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 03:09:07 »
Aright I've got some PMs and mails asking the ship has been settled.
SORRY but it has not yet. I've been through tough days.
I am extermely sorry but I will do my best to ship all oven in next week.

Offline Willyc277

« Reply #1165 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 03:42:17 »

Got any extras? Filled out the form a couple days ago. Thanks either way!

Offline Zibob

« Reply #1166 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 13:31:43 »

No problem, hope everything is okay. Thanks for the update.

« Reply #1167 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 13:56:01 »
No worries leeku, take care of yourself first!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline onmybikedrunk

« Reply #1168 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 12:11:55 »
So I've had my board for around a week and a half now, and I was just scoping it out, as my stabs are supposed to come today and I'm hoping to start putting it together... I noticed that I don't have the Duck Feet RGB SMD pads on the side.  I ordered it with the Duck Feet, so the PCB with Duck Feet pads should have been included (unless Leeku just didn't have anymore - I emailed him).  Is there a workaround for this?  Can I make some jumpers from an existing SMD RGB output or are the resistors too weak to handle two LEDs off one lead?  If anyone has an extra PCB that have the duck feet pads, I would gladly trade/buy from you!

Cheers!

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #1169 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 13:35:10 »
So I've had my board for around a week and a half now, and I was just scoping it out, as my stabs are supposed to come today and I'm hoping to start putting it together... I noticed that I don't have the Duck Feet RGB SMD pads on the side.  I ordered it with the Duck Feet, so the PCB with Duck Feet pads should have been included (unless Leeku just didn't have anymore - I emailed him).  Is there a workaround for this?  Can I make some jumpers from an existing SMD RGB output or are the resistors too weak to handle two LEDs off one lead?  If anyone has an extra PCB that have the duck feet pads, I would gladly trade/buy from you!

Cheers!

you ordered alu bottom too?
leeku said PCB with Duck Feet pads only for who ordered alu bottom.

Offline Willyc277

« Reply #1170 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 14:36:29 »
Anyone have a spare black acrylic bottom they'd be willing to part with?? Found one on MM, but it's all clear.

Offline onmybikedrunk

« Reply #1171 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 12:25:28 »

Cheers!

you ordered alu bottom too?
leeku said PCB with Duck Feet pads only for who ordered alu bottom.
[/spoiler]
Hmmm.  Somehow I missed the boat on that one... I thought it was any who ordered the duck feet got that PCB, but I guess I was wrong.  Looks like I'll be resoldering resistors and using jumpers! No prob really.  Thanks for the help.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #1172 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 20:33:45 »
Looks like I'll be resoldering resistors and using jumpers! No prob really.  Thanks for the help.

Why? These aren't like normal LEDs, you don't need current limiting resistors. They have built-in controllers that current limit.

I'd also recommend instead of just using a bare WS2812B LED, but a 1m strip of them and cut off one unit from the strip. The board itself will give you rigidity and a way to affix the LED to the PCB so that it can shine through the area of the GON foot that it should. Empirically, the Duckfeet LED pads were duplicates of the top row pads at both ends.

Keep in mind, the alu bottom had a hole drilled for the light to shine through. If you want this to work right, you'll probably have to drill a hole in the same spot. Since you're wiring the data line in parallel, you'll only need to bring over three lines: Din, Vcc, and Gnd. Don't wire Dout from the top row into the Din of your LED, wire Din.

Offline onmybikedrunk

« Reply #1173 on: Fri, 13 May 2016, 10:45:18 »
Looks like I'll be resoldering resistors and using jumpers! No prob really.  Thanks for the help.

Why? These aren't like normal LEDs, you don't need current limiting resistors. They have built-in controllers that current limit.

I'd also recommend instead of just using a bare WS2812B LED, but a 1m strip of them and cut off one unit from the strip. The board itself will give you rigidity and a way to affix the LED to the PCB so that it can shine through the area of the GON foot that it should. Empirically, the Duckfeet LED pads were duplicates of the top row pads at both ends.

Keep in mind, the alu bottom had a hole drilled for the light to shine through. If you want this to work right, you'll probably have to drill a hole in the same spot. Since you're wiring the data line in parallel, you'll only need to bring over three lines: Din, Vcc, and Gnd. Don't wire Dout from the top row into the Din of your LED, wire Din.
Awesome.  This is a great help! I had no idea.  Much easier than I originally thought.  I have only very basic electronics knowledge. After years of interest in mechanical keyboards, only recently have I started to actually build them.  Thank you again!

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #1174 on: Fri, 13 May 2016, 10:55:39 »
I have a new problem with my board.

All but one of the RGB LED have stopped working. I'm not sure exactly when this happened but I'm pretty sure it was after I used JigOn with my TX1800.

The TX1800 came with only one RGB LED soldered in place.... and that's now the only one that works on my Compact SQ  :-\

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #1175 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 06:49:22 »
the moment leeku post this :eek:

i really want 75-SQ so badly

dat sexy layout :p

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1176 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 09:44:30 »

Show Image

Is that wood?

Offline onmybikedrunk

« Reply #1177 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 12:47:48 »

Show Image

Is that wood?
Ahhhh, I see what cha did there...

Offline rondg

« Reply #1178 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 05:21:14 »
Is there still someone who hasn't received their keyboard? I bought one of the spares 2 weeks ago and the items I bought has not yet been shipped up to now... :(

Offline soilheart

« Reply #1179 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 06:44:20 »
Is there still someone who hasn't received their keyboard? I bought one of the spares 2 weeks ago and the items I bought has not yet been shipped up to now... :(

Yeh. Leeku said he'd ship last week, but he may have been delayed again (IIRC there's no tracking, so hard to know without him chiming in himself.)
(K70 -  Brown) --- Pok3r - Clear --- Ducky Shine4 - Clear --- WKL B.face X2 - 67g Zealios --- CP-SQ - 78g Zealios --- RS68 - 62g Zealios

Offline Rodgaroon

• Size matters, just ask my wife.
« Reply #1180 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 09:20:01 »

I am still waiting.
G6v2 (MX Black) | Poker II (MX Brown) | Compact SQ (MX Clears 62g)

Offline Baddy126

« Reply #1181 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 09:46:49 »

I am still waiting.

Me 3.

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #1182 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 11:35:16 »
I spoke to him early this morning and he told me has was taking some time off today to do the pending keyboard work, so hopefully it won't be much longer. I got the sense he's stretched really thin right now and wants this done as much as we do.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline Rodgaroon

« Reply #1183 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 14:34:04 »
I'm not worried I have waited 7 months already.

Been waiting just as long for Key Caps from Bunny.

Offline onmybikedrunk

« Reply #1184 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 17:46:13 »
Wow 7 months is a really long time.  I got yah beat with 7bit's Round 6 - been waiting 3 years!!!  NO JOKE.  On the other hand, I just finished mine.  This is my first board with Zealio's and holy smokes I'm in love!  I just grabbed 100 of the 78g Zealios for my incoming Octagon v2.  I'll post pics of the CPSQ soon. 

I do have a question for any of those that have theirs together - how in the hell do I upgrade the firmware?  I got Jigon down pat, no issue there.  There's also L3FW_160422.zip that includes the most recent FW right?  How do I flash it?  My KB is working well right now and I don't want to mess something up by trying a method that I presume works only to have it fail.  Hold escape while I plug it in?  I sat down last night and read the forum from start to finish and couldn't find much on it in the way of how to do it.  It is mentioned a few times though, just without instruction. 

Any help would be appreciated!

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #1185 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 17:55:29 »
Wow 7 months is a really long time.  I got yah beat with 7bit's Round 6 - been waiting 3 years!!!  NO JOKE.  On the other hand, I just finished mine.  This is my first board with Zealio's and holy smokes I'm in love!  I just grabbed 100 of the 78g Zealios for my incoming Octagon v2.  I'll post pics of the CPSQ soon. 

I do have a question for any of those that have theirs together - how in the hell do I upgrade the firmware?  I got Jigon down pat, no issue there.  There's also L3FW_160422.zip that includes the most recent FW right?  How do I flash it?  My KB is working well right now and I don't want to mess something up by trying a method that I presume works only to have it fail.  Hold escape while I plug it in?  I sat down last night and read the forum from start to finish and couldn't find much on it in the way of how to do it.  It is mentioned a few times though, just without instruction. 

In Jigon: on the top bar: Keyboard > Update > All

edit: wait nevermind thats not what your asking lol sorry never actually needed to update the firmware on any of mine

Offline Glissant

« Reply #1186 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 18:46:50 »

You don't need to hold down anything. Just run the loadfw.bat

Offline kenshinjeff

« Reply #1187 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 19:50:02 »

I am still waiting.

Me 3.

Yeap. Me 4. I guess he's consolidating or waiting for everything to be finished or something like that. Maybe real life?

Offline rondg

« Reply #1188 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 20:33:04 »

I am still waiting.

Me 3.

Yeap. Me 4. I guess he's consolidating or waiting for everything to be finished or something like that. Maybe real life?

I was able to talk to him through email. I think he was able to ship all the remaining orders 3 days ago. I am not sure though...

Offline kenshinjeff

« Reply #1189 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 22:19:09 »
It takes 3 days for korea ems to reach me, will update if I somehow receive it by today, it's nearly noon here.

Offline Baddy126

« Reply #1190 on: Fri, 20 May 2016, 14:09:56 »

I am still waiting.

Me 3.

I was able to talk to him through email. I think he was able to ship all the remaining orders 3 days ago. I am not sure though...

Did you get your tracking? Hope Leeku will do an update soon

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #1191 on: Fri, 20 May 2016, 16:25:25 »

I am still waiting.

Me 3.

Email him if you NEED tracking, he's been very busy and didn't have time to update PayPal for some (actually many people who received theirs), but compared to recent events on gh, leeku will always deliver, he's been busy at work, but I know the gb was down to one board being assembled.
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline Rodgaroon

« Reply #1192 on: Mon, 23 May 2016, 10:59:16 »

I am still waiting.

Me 3.

Email him if you NEED tracking, he's been very busy and didn't have time to update PayPal for some (actually many people who received theirs), but compared to recent events on gh, leeku will always deliver, he's been busy at work, but I know the gb was down to one board being assembled.

I would assume this is my board still being assembled. That's alright though, I'll give Leeku a week and if it hasn't be sent out I will request an update. I'm not worried.

Offline soilheart

« Reply #1193 on: Mon, 23 May 2016, 12:02:24 »
I'm the same. I trust him, but that still doesn't mean that I get a little restless every time this thread pops up in my watched threads =P

I wanna it nao! (Hopefully it's on it's way already =P)

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #1194 on: Mon, 23 May 2016, 16:09:26 »
I'm the same. I trust him, but that still doesn't mean that I get a little restless every time this thread pops up in my watched threads =P

Talked to him quite a bit yesterday and last week, think he's consolidating the remainder (and assembly of another few keyboards) and shipping all together, there's no worry about it :p
Keyboards:
Aripeko TKL

Offline calvinhousecat

« Reply #1195 on: Mon, 23 May 2016, 21:14:48 »

Talked to him quite a bit yesterday and last week, think he's consolidating the remainder (and assembly of another few keyboards) and shipping all together, there's no worry about it :p

This is good news, thanks!

Hopefully I get this before Summer ends

« Reply #1196 on: Tue, 24 May 2016, 23:37:01 »
Good to hear! As long as I get it before 179 days after my order, I'll be perfectly content!

Offline Baddy126

« Reply #1197 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 21:26:44 »
Anyone hear from leeku for updates?

I emailed him a week ago but he didn't reply lol

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
  • authentic church of halverson member
« Reply #1198 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 21:39:41 »

yo if you scroll up and read maybe 2 posts above yours there is an update

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #1199 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 21:42:40 »

He has in laws over I believe, if your order doesn't require assembly it should be going out soon.

I will message him again this weekend
Keyboards:
Aripeko TKL