Author Topic: Sorry, booper! (now vegetarian, vegan, and meat-lover discussion)  (Read 17212 times)

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
Sorry, booper! (now vegetarian, vegan, and meat-lover discussion)
« on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 09:59:41 »
Bad news for vegetarians! Plants can ‘hear’ themselves being eaten...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2677858/Bad-news-vegetarians-Plants-hear-eaten.html

« Last Edit: Tue, 10 November 2015, 11:07:33 by absyrd »
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Re: Sorry, booper!
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 10:03:28 »
Vegetarians are lame anyways
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 10:06:06 »
omniclectic@gmail.com if you need me!

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 10:07:22 »

:'(

That is exactly what your lettuce is doing when you bite into it!
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 10:07:32 »

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 10:08:36 »

Have you seen the amazing **** Boop(!) comes up with on instagram? Makes me want to eat veggies all the time.

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 10:10:32 »
Vegetarianism is murder!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 10:11:41 »

Have you seen the amazing **** Boop(!) comes up with on instagram? Makes me want to eat veggies all the time.

Nope. Why have fake meat when the real one is readily available.  Plus I'm not a rabbit.

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 10:14:15 »
Bad news for vegetarians! Plants can ‘hear’ themselves being eaten...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2677858/Bad-news-vegetarians-Plants-hear-eaten.html

Now what will I eat!?

I actually looked into this once. ha. I was reading David Duchovny's book "Holy Cow: A Modern Day Dairy Tale" where he writes from the perspective of a cow, Elsie, and she says something like "who says plants don't feel? they just have different, planty, feels." which made me want to look that up.

Not that I actually want to stop eating plants, I was just curious about wether any studies had been done on a plants ability to feel and respond to pain. Like, do they "feel pain" or just react to being attacked. IDK!

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 10:15:51 »

Nope. Why have fake meat when the real one is readily available.  Plus I'm not a rabbit.

I don't really eat fake meat! I also dont have a rabbit diet! Rabbits eat grass, hay and leafy greens of veggies mostly. I do not eat grass!

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 10:16:00 »

I don't even think I've ever seen her use a meat replacement type of product. Her artistic talents just make some random veggies and **** I always eat as sides into magnificent appealing full dishes.

I need her to teach me how to make a dope website, take amazing pictures, write with a fountain pen, cook, and more. Somuch2learn.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 10:18:08 »
But its not like your eating lettuce thats still in the ground, by the time it gets to you its already been killed....errr I mean harvested.

I guess now the question is are our veggies being harvested humanely?

Maybe we should play some Mozart as the combines roll out.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 10:20:14 »

I don't really eat fake meat! I also dont have a rabbit diet! Rabbits eat grass, hay and leafy greens of veggies mostly. I do not eat grass!

Carrots? Rabbit confirmed!

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 10:20:26 »

I don't even think I've ever seen her use a meat replacement type of product. Her artistic talents just make some random veggies and **** I always eat as sides into magnificent appealing full dishes.

I need her to teach me how to make a dope website, take amazing pictures, write with a fountain pen, cook, and more. Somuch2learn.

<3 <3 <3

You know, I never really cooked much until I became vegetarian! It made me expand my skillz.

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 10:23:18 »

The leafy tops are what rabbits eat mostly

Carrots are treats! Found that out when I had this guy -

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 10:24:54 »

Show Image

;~; Cuteness award for today goes to Mr/Mrs Fluffles, whats its name and why isn't think in the Just post Awww thread its late its late its very very late, needs a little waist coat :3
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 10:28:58 »
But its not like your eating lettuce thats still in the ground, by the time it gets to you its already been killed....errr I mean harvested.

That's it! We need free range lettuce.
Stop fencing in our veggies. They need to be free too!
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 10:29:01 »

Show Image

That rabbit looks concerned. You're eating all his food ;_;

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 10:30:37 »
That rabbit looks concerned. You're eating all his food ;_;

Yeah... he is a bit skinny now that you mention it...

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 10:40:38 »
I'm pretty sure I remember reading that 83% of vegetarians revert back to eating meat at some point in your life. It's a lifestyle that I could never live, I love my steaks too much to pass up. I give all the props to Vegans, I don't know how I could live being a vegan. :p
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 10:44:11 »
I'm pretty sure I remember reading that 83% of vegetarians revert back to eating meat at some point in your life. It's a lifestyle that I could never live, I love my steaks too much to pass up. I give all the props to Vegans, I don't know how I could live being a vegan. :p

I'm telling you, if you follow Booper (!) on instagram, she makes it actually look enjoyable. Hehe

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 10:48:18 »
;~; Cuteness award for today goes to Mr/Mrs Fluffles, whats its name and why isn't think in the Just post Awww thread its late its late its very very late, needs a little waist coat :3

I could put him in a harness/leash but that's all he would tolerate!

His name was Neji and he was a flemish giant! Kinda like a big cat. He was best friends with my room mate's border collie and they would hang out like all day long. He never wanted to hang out with me nearly as much as the dog. He's not around anymore though so posting makes me miss him.

Haha, I think most of what I read said that by the time the plants would register the pain(?) of being killed/harvested/whatever they would be dead. idk. I have to eat something so I'm good as long as my food doesn't have eyes or a mother or signs of sentience!

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 10:48:40 »

I'm telling you, if you follow Booper (!) on instagram, she makes it actually look enjoyable. Hehe

I've been seeing some of her food pics on flickr, it sure does look tasty. I'm the least pickiest eater out of my siblings, I can't find a food that I don't like to eat, but I do get cravings for a steak or a hamburger all the time.

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 10:49:12 »

I was a vegetarian from about 10 to about 28 years old and then I got pregnant. I caved and ate chicken, those pregnancy hormones demanded it. I didn't go back once I became un-pregnant. But I still don't eat any red meat/pork/seafood/anything else. Just chicken. My husband eats no meat of any kind at all. He eats mostly pizza though, not nearly enough vegetables.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 10:50:15 »
I've switched to only clear foods.
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 10:50:52 »

I was a vegetarian from about 10 to about 28 years old and then I got pregnant. I caved and ate chicken, those pregnancy hormones demanded it. I didn't go back once I became un-pregnant. But I still don't eat any red meat/pork/seafood/anything else. Just chicken. My husband eats no meat of any kind at all. He eats mostly pizza though, not nearly enough vegetables.

Your avatar is making me hungry. I bet that thing tastes wonderful.

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 10:51:48 »

LOOKS enjoyable!? psssh. it IS enjoyable!  ;D

I did tempura fried acorn squash tacos like 2 nights ago that are some of the most delicious tacos I've ever had. There is SO MUCH MORE FOOD out there than just steak/chicken/pork!

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 10:52:44 »
Woop Boop!

veggiekate thread it is!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 10:53:00 »
I've switched to only clear foods.

Topre food for me. Clear feels terrible going down. (☞゚ヮ゚)☞

Offline inanis

• * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 10:53:05 »

Your avatar is making me hungry. I bet that thing tastes wonderful.

You don't want to mess with Nightmare moon. That ***** be crazy.  :p

Princess Luna/Nightmare Moon is best pony. You must get Des into this so I am not alone in MLP land.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #30 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 10:54:45 »

I did tempura fried acorn squash tacos like 2 nights ago that are some of the most delicious tacos I've ever had. There is SO MUCH MORE FOOD out there than just steak/chicken/pork!

Show Image

As a Mexican, I am offended by this. This should be greasy and make me hate myself after I eat it. Not be healthy and still make me hate myself after I eat it.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #31 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 10:59:54 »
I have always wondered...

You are vegetarian or vegan and a giant monster of a mosquito is sunk into your arm. What do you do?

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 11:01:09 »

Yea, I've heard pregnancy can do all kinds of crazy things to your tastes! If you need it, eat it, though! It's better to be healthy and happy than to go without something your body needs. I know quite a few people who have gone from hardcore meat eaters to cutting back on red meats dramaticly and eating more veg. I think USA in particular just got kinda crazy about pushing MEAT MEAT MEAT as a meal and I was on that train most of my life too! Didn't turn veg until my twenties.

And you can't go wrong with pizza!  :p

Show Image

As a Mexican, I am offended by this. This should be greasy and make me hate myself after I eat it. Not be healthy and still make me hate myself after I eat it.

Just because it's vegetarian doesn't mean it's always healthy! It's still fried and fairly greasy and had a nice, fatty, tasty sauce!

Offline inanis

• * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #33 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 11:01:51 »

You are vegetarian or vegan and a giant monster of a mosquito is sunk into your arm. What do you do?
Kill that mofo. I'll raid the garbage out of any bug. No skin off my teeth.  If you find a mouse in your house tho, you catch it and release it someplace outside, not near your house.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #34 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 11:03:04 »

Yea, I've heard pregnancy can do all kinds of crazy things to your tastes! If you need it, eat it, though! It's better to be healthy and happy than to go without something your body needs. I know quite a few people who have gone from hardcore meat eaters to cutting back on red meats dramaticly and eating more veg. I think USA in particular just got kinda crazy about pushing MEAT MEAT MEAT as a meal and I was on that train most of my life too! Didn't turn veg until my twenties.

And you can't go wrong with pizza!  :p

Show Image

Just because it's vegetarian doesn't mean it's always healthy! It's still fried and fairly greasy and had a nice, fatty, tasty sauce!

Damn it booper stop being so convincing ;_;

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #35 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 11:03:29 »

Squish it... self defense.

Kill that mofo. I'll raid the garbage out of any bug. No skin off my teeth.  If you find a mouse in your house tho, you catch it and release it someplace outside, not near your house.

+1!

Spiders and mosquitos can live if they stay the hell away from me. I do try to save non-scary bugs/lizards/critters though.

« Last Edit: Tue, 10 November 2015, 11:05:02 by Booper »

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 11:06:36 »

There are 5 snakes in my wood pile I couldn't bring myself to kill even though they are technically a threat to my small dog.

There was one snake under my lawn mower that wouldn't let me move him to safety; he was extremely aggressive. I chopped his head off then felt horrible.

I even feel bad killing bugs.

I was raised in a hunting household and have no problem eating meat, especially when I know my dad killed it because he is an ace with his bow.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #37 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 11:09:18 »
stupid rabbits
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline inanis

• * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #38 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 11:13:16 »

There are 5 snakes in my wood pile I couldn't bring myself to kill even though they are technically a threat to my small dog.

There was one snake under my lawn mower that wouldn't let me move him to safety; he was extremely aggressive. I chopped his head off then felt horrible.

I even feel bad killing bugs.

I was raised in a hunting household and have no problem eating meat, especially when I know my dad killed it because he is an ace with his bow.
Yeah, I couldn't take out a snake. Not to pull the "Girl Card" but I'd totally make my husband deal with that. He would try to avoid causing any harm too, but sometimes it is just unavoidable.

I do not feel bad killing bugs though. My neighbor, as you may recall, is terrible at yard work. One year my yard was overrun with earwigs, which are the most gross little pincher bugs ever. I did my best to annihilate them all. I did take care to not spray chemicals near the animal dens though, and there were many in his yard. I'm sure it is the reason why they persisted all year despite my efforts. Gross ass bugs should be thanking their bunny neighbors (we named the bunny Hoppy).

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
Re: Sorry, booper! (now vegetarian, vegan, and meat-lover discussion)
« Reply #39 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 11:15:00 »
Oh... and squirrels keep eating through my best bud's house into his attic. They tried every humane way of getting rid of them and the crazy bastards still even get through the metal netting. I have offered to .22 them and eat them. Other options? Does this fall under the self-defense category?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #40 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 11:17:58 »
Sometimes I don't eat meat.  In fact, I'm not eating meat right now!

Offline inanis

• * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #41 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 11:19:09 »
Oh... and squirrels keep eating through my best bud's house into his attic. They tried every humane way of getting rid of them and the crazy bastards still even get through the metal netting. I have offered to .22 them and eat them. Other options? Does this fall under the self-defense category?
Squirrels must be removed, they will literally eat the house from the inside out if they aren't. You gotta call in a pro for those, most do not kill them, just catch and release. My neighbor had a squirrel problem. You do not want to mess with them!

In New Hampshire there are a lot of Red Squirrels, those things will attack you. It is legit self defense to take one out if it comes at you. They are like those monkeys that scratch peoples faces off. Very unpleasant. Makes me glad I don't live in NH.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #42 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 11:21:43 »
Squirrels must be removed, they will literally eat the house from the inside out if they aren't. You gotta call in a pro for those, most do not kill them, just catch and release. My neighbor had a squirrel problem. You do not want to mess with them!

In New Hampshire there are a lot of Red Squirrels, those things will attack you. It is legit self defense to take one out if it comes at you. They are like those monkeys that scratch peoples faces off. Very unpleasant. Makes me glad I don't live in NH.

They had them removed and the things re-nested going through the metal mesh. Maybe it was a ****ty company that didn't take them far enough? Or they didn't get them all? I'm happy to step in and get a free batch of squirrel wingz, but only as last resort. Plus firing a deucedeuce in an attic in a residential neighborhood may not be the best idea.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #43 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 11:22:28 »

Living near Pittsburgh all my life I never realized that there was such a thing as black squirrels. I see them everywhere up at college(Middle PA). I always told my friends that I want to get a sugar glider(flying squirrel) and teach it to glide back to me like a boomerang when I would throw it. :p

Bunnies, to Vegetarians, to Squirrels...this thread has quite the topics. ;)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #44 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 11:24:08 »
My animals identify as vegetables, so you could say I'm vegetarian.

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #45 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 11:24:37 »

Oh god. Squirrels are a hard one because they are so damn cute yet crazy destructive when overpopulated.

Semi-gruesome squirrel story incoming -

Once when I was about 12 my brother and I were at my grandparents house in Florida and they had a TON of squirrels so my grandma asks us to go kill some and tells us to get the .22 from grandpa and some post hole diggers (because post hole diggers apparently make perfect squirrel-sized holes)

About an hour in we had nonchalantly killed 7 or 8 squirrels and it was "my turn" so I shot one and hit it in the back. The poor thing fell out of the tree about a foot away from me and crawled around in circles with it's back legs clearly paralyzed. It looked right up at me with it's big cute eyes and I could swear it was saying "why would you do this?"
Right at that moment, my brother walks up and casually stomps the squirrels head in. Oh my god. I lost it.

And I never killed another animal intentionally.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #46 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 11:27:31 »

Oh god. Squirrels are a hard one because they are so damn cute yet crazy destructive when overpopulated.

Once when I was about 12 my brother and I were at my grandparents house in Florida and they had a TON of squirrels so my grandma asks us to go kill some and tells us to get the .22 from grandpa and some post hole diggers (because post hole diggers apparently make perfect squirrel-sized holes)

About an hour in we had nonchalantly killed 7 or 8 squirrels and it was "my turn" so I shot one and hit it in the back. The poor thing fell out of the tree about a foot away from me and crawled around in circles with it's back legs clearly paralyzed. It looked right up at me with it's big cute eyes and I could swear it was saying "why would you do this?"
Right at that moment, my brother walks up and casually stomps the squirrels head in. Oh my god. I lost it.

Yeah. That'll do it to you. I could see this turning you veggie.

It is why my dad and I HATE most hunters. They don't understand anatomy, don't practice properly, don't have the skill to kill cleanly, and are just general morons probably hunting for sport and glory more than to put food on their tables.

Offline inanis

• * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #47 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 11:27:47 »

They had them removed and the things re-nested going through the metal mesh. Maybe it was a ****ty company that didn't take them far enough? Or they didn't get them all? I'm happy to step in and get a free batch of squirrel wingz, but only as last resort. Plus firing a deucedeuce in an attic in a residential neighborhood may not be the best idea.
If someone fired a gun of any kind in my neighborhood, the old white people would all start wondering with the "Hispanic person" was. I love my house, but my neighbors are racist as hell. The old white people kind of racist where they don't even know they are being racist. It is a hazard of living with a assisted living community on the same street.

This story just traumatized me. I can only imagine how you feel.  :'(

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #48 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 12:21:10 »

Yeah. That'll do it to you. I could see this turning you veggie.

It is why my dad and I HATE most hunters. They don't understand anatomy, don't practice properly, don't have the skill to kill cleanly, and are just general morons probably hunting for sport and glory more than to put food on their tables.

Yea. Many people look at it like a sport and I feel like there is something fundamentally wrong with that. It's not even about the food and the life of the animal doesn't matter. Why does a beautiful creature have to die so some ****ty little teenager can brag about a 30pt rack and a 20" spread or whatever. A lot of the kids in my high school were obsessed with killing things just for bragging rights and I was always pretty bothered by it.

If someone fired a gun of any kind in my neighborhood, the old white people would all start wondering with the "Hispanic person" was. I love my house, but my neighbors are racist as hell. The old white people kind of racist where they don't even know they are being racist. It is a hazard of living with a assisted living community on the same street.

Ugh. Eff that. Old people really seem to hang on to racism. I see so much of it in the south and it makes my stomach turn. Sorry you have to deal with it daily :( 

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #49 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 12:33:43 »
Grass does the same thing.

You know that smell of freshly cut grass?

That's the smell of the chemical that grass releases when it senses that it is being attacked, to deter the attackers from eating it.

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent