Author Topic: [IC] Z-Cases 60% keyboard cases (GROUPBUY LIVE)  (Read 18305 times)

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
Re: [IC] Z-Cases 60% keyboard cases
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 11:58:41 »
Yeah, Dutch Orange, that is my favourite! I might need a more stealthy looking case for my other build, trying to figure out which color i should go with...

Camouflage stealthy??? That olive green I found would fit that. I wish I would have found that a few weeks ago, there was a case I printed for someone that would have been perfect for that. All of those "premium" colors are the colorfabb ones, personally I really like the lilac. I need to do a snozzberry planck build with that.

More like grey/black/brown stealthy :) I just need to find a keyset that will match. As an ISO user, the keysets aren't THAT easy to come by.

I wish I could find a brown somewhere in between the dark brown and the light brown. The dark is pretty dark, and that light looks very light. I want something closer to the 76 brown

Yeah, i would have used 76 with the brown case. I like the dark silver one.

Offline ziptyze

• Fart Supporter
« Reply #51 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 12:06:01 »
Yeah, Dutch Orange, that is my favourite! I might need a more stealthy looking case for my other build, trying to figure out which color i should go with...

Camouflage stealthy??? That olive green I found would fit that. I wish I would have found that a few weeks ago, there was a case I printed for someone that would have been perfect for that. All of those "premium" colors are the colorfabb ones, personally I really like the lilac. I need to do a snozzberry planck build with that.

More like grey/black/brown stealthy :) I just need to find a keyset that will match. As an ISO user, the keysets aren't THAT easy to come by.

I wish I could find a brown somewhere in between the dark brown and the light brown. The dark is pretty dark, and that light looks very light. I want something closer to the 76 brown

Yeah, i would have used 76 with the brown case. I like the dark silver one.

Now I just need a 5 color printer so I can match up the rows of colors with it!
"we didn't choose the furt life, the furt life chose us"

Offline reddragon394

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 12:27:36 »

Lets hope the UK tai hao GB will be nice to us ISO users :D

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #53 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 12:29:03 »

Lets hope the UK tai hao GB will be nice to us ISO users :D

I have recently started to use ISO, and I don't quite understand this frustration. I have had quite an easy time finding keysets. In fact, OG cherry sets are much easier to find in ISO than ANSI.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline reddragon394

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 12:37:30 »
I have recently started to use ISO, and I don't quite understand this frustration. I have had quite an easy time finding keysets. In fact, OG cherry sets are much easier to find in ISO than ANSI.

Its not only ISO itself, its also the specific language for each country using ISO layouts. Not everyone wants blanks (i cant even type without letters on them :( ) and then it becomes more of a problem. Also do you mean new cherry sets or used ones?

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #55 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 12:42:00 »
Yeah sorry, i miswrote that. ISO sets are super easy to get new these days. All PMK buys, Vortex ISO PBT oldschool keyboards etc. However, they are hard to find on mechmarket and such because of all the ANSI users. I thought it would be easier to find a keyset for my JD40, apparently not. having a hard time finding a blue JD40 combatible set!

Offline rotciveel

• Fugu Curator Extraordinaire
« Reply #56 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 14:54:47 »
Is the thicker front lip part of the design or a requirement for the printing or something?

Offline ziptyze

• Fart Supporter
« Reply #57 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 15:26:47 »

Is the thicker front lip part of the design or a requirement for the printing or something?

Not a requirement... Just sometimes I like my cases flush with the plate, sometimes flush with the bottom of the caps. If I make them in dual colors though it is a requirement simply to allow space for the threaded inserts and screws though

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #58 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 15:31:17 »

Not a requirement... Just sometimes I like my cases flush with the plate, sometimes flush with the bottom of the caps. If I make them in dual colors though it is a requirement simply to allow space for the threaded inserts and screws though

Just to clarify though, all cases for this groupbuy will be uniform height.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline ziptyze

• Fart Supporter
« Reply #59 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 16:07:09 »

Just to clarify though, all cases for this groupbuy will be uniform height.

Yup. Even with plate

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #60 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 17:19:42 »
Looks like 1UpKeyboards has some Z-Cases for sale already and they have some color samples as well. More here.

Offline theanyday

• love love love
« Reply #61 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 19:45:42 »
Pretty interested in one of these. Hopefully I'll have some funds available.
MIRA SE | White Fox w/ 67g Zealios | POK3R w/ Blues | K70 w/ Browns | Planck w/ Greens | NovaTouch TKL

Offline Jumie

« Reply #62 on: Sat, 05 December 2015, 11:33:53 »
lilac :) interested

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #63 on: Sat, 05 December 2015, 17:08:20 »
Oh groupbuy is up by the way
taking orders until next saturday
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=77618
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline ika

Re: [IC] Z-Cases 60% keyboard cases (GROUPBUY LIVE)
« Reply #64 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 16:44:18 »
What are most people doing to raise the angle of these keyboards? They don't look to be compatible with the usual aluminum feet that other acrylic cases are.

Offline ziptyze

• Fart Supporter
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 16:54:00 »

What are most people doing to raise the angle of these keyboards? They don't look to be compatible with the usual aluminum feet that other acrylic cases are.

I have feet that can come in whatever other color you want, to add some color. If those other feet are standard, I could probably adapt it to use them as well, but I'd need to get some

Offline ika

« Reply #66 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 19:47:27 »

I have feet that can come in whatever other color you want, to add some color. If those other feet are standard, I could probably adapt it to use them as well, but I'd need to get some

I thought this style of feet was standard on non-angled and/or low profile 60% cases. See: TEX, GON (similar style, not sure if he has the same mounting style), and the chinese acrylic case that I have.

http://imgur.com/a/6azOP

I guess it would be the same as a larger rubber bumper but these look a lot nicer. What do your feet look like? (no pics of real feet pls)

Offline ziptyze

• Fart Supporter
« Reply #67 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 20:20:54 »

I thought this style of feet was standard on non-angled and/or low profile 60% cases. See: TEX, GON (similar style, not sure if he has the same mounting style), and the chinese acrylic case that I have.

I guess it would be the same as a larger rubber bumper but these look a lot nicer. What do your feet look like? (no pics of real feet pls)

Since I created my cases from scratch taking measurements off of the PCB for the screw, dipswitch, and USB locations, I wasn't really conforming to a standard, other than the fact that those are supposed to be in basically the same place on all 60%'s. If someone can give me reasonably accurate dimensions on the holes and locations, I can easily incorporate them into the design!

Offline ika

« Reply #68 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 20:24:38 »

Since I created my cases from scratch taking measurements off of the PCB for the screw, dipswitch, and USB locations, I wasn't really conforming to a standard, other than the fact that those are supposed to be in basically the same place on all 60%'s. If someone can give me reasonably accurate dimensions on the holes and locations, I can easily incorporate them into the design!

I can send you a set of mine for you to measure if I can get them back when I receive the case I ordered? :D

Offline ziptyze

• Fart Supporter
« Reply #69 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 20:53:19 »

I can send you a set of mine for you to measure if I can get them back when I receive the case I ordered? :D

Works for me!! I'll PM you my address