Author Topic: about keycaps for Realforce 87U  (Read 2594 times)

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
about keycaps for Realforce 87U
« on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 12:56:50 »
So I am using a Realforce 87U for a macbook, one thing I could not get over is that after switching the option and command keys, I dont have the proper key caps for them. One suggestion I got was to get the HHKB key caps to swap those two keys, but those two keys dont sell separately from a entire key set.

I am wondering anyone in the same situation?

Kevin

Offline Cicada88

Re: about keycaps for Realforce 87U
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 12:22:19 »
pm which keys you need and the color

Offline TopreFan333

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 17:20:10 »
So I am using a Realforce 87U for a macbook, one thing I could not get over is that after switching the option and command keys, I dont have the proper key caps for them. One suggestion I got was to get the HHKB key caps to swap those two keys, but those two keys dont sell separately from a entire key set.

I am wondering anyone in the same situation?

Kevin

I was in the exact same situation as you, and after a bit of posting here and I think on Reddit, I found someone willing to part with his printed HHKB modifiers. Worked out OK! I used Karabiner to remap that ugly Windows "menu" key to FN, which comes up occasionally in OS X.

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 17:41:40 »
Things can get expensive in the land of Topre.

In my case, I like to remap my keyboards to a HHKB/Mac layout. For my RF boards, I use black keys as modifiers; I don't need to see the legends to know what they are in my mapping. I replaced the ugly Windows bubble keys with option keys from a HHKB set. I use the Right Ctrl as my Fn key on the RF.