Author Topic: HI - Hello Internet  (Read 3669 times)

Offline Hatsjer

• Sup?
HI - Hello Internet
« on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 18:00:35 »
Hello there.

I'm an avrage 19 (Very soon 20) year old boy from Norway.
I honestly joined just to leave a comment on the "Keyboard confessions" topic. The only time I visit here is when my KB obsessed friend links me here. So don't expect much activity from me.  ;)
But I'll come and go, and poke around once in a while. :)
If you're curious to know more about me, can you find me on FA under the same username. I have an acc on DA & Weasyl, but I don't use it. I don't have an account on IB, SF.

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
Re: HI - Hello Internet
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 18:05:26 »
Happy to see you here!
Please make yourself at home and feel free to poke around as much as you want

More

Offline Hatsjer

• Sup?
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 18:07:56 »
If you're curious to know more about me, can you find me on FA under the same username. I have an acc on DA & Weasyl, but I don't use it. I don't have an account on IB, SF.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 04:04:06 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

You're welcome to lurk - some people lurk for years!

Or you can join in :)

Have you got a mechanical keyboard already?  Maybe we can convince you to buy one ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline mrlooolz

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 05:49:43 »
Oh Wow Norway! I would love to visit one day! Welcome
Ducky Shine 5 w Mx Browns  | White fox w Zelio's purple 67g | Gateron Blank set

Current Aims: Jack O Lantern is my end game cap. Looking for one.
                                                   --> MrLooolz's Classified. <--

Offline Hatsjer

• Sup?
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 08:26:03 »
Have you got a mechanical keyboard already?  Maybe we can convince you to buy one ;)
I got a Razer blackWidow 2014 as a gift from a friend of mine. Now I absolutely cannot go back to membrane. (I'm actually using one now, but that's just because of the nosie.)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 18:56:30 »
I got a Razer blackWidow 2014 as a gift from a friend of mine. Now I absolutely cannot go back to membrane. (I'm actually using one now, but that's just because of the nosie.)

That's where you start collecting mechanical keyboard - a quiet one for night time, a noisy one for partying, one with each switch type so you don't miss out on a sale and so on.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Hatsjer

• Sup?
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 07:57:07 »

That's where you start collecting mechanical keyboard - a quiet one for night time, a noisy one for partying, one with each switch type so you don't miss out on a sale and so on.
If I only could afford it. :p

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 22:59:17 »

If I only could afford it. :p

Slowly does it - get one a month, or one every few months.

Offline Connly33

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 23:31:32 »
Welcome :p. I had been lurking for a couple years before joining a week or two ago.

Im working on my second mech keyboard, and already have my next three planned....

Custom 60% with Cherry MX Clear

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 00:03:17 »
Welcome :p. I had been lurking for a couple years before joining a week or two ago.

Im working on my second mech keyboard, and already have my next three planned....

Well done!  That's the spirit! :p

Offline Hatsjer

• Sup?
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 12:53:57 »

I have none planned. :D
Well.. kinda. This KB was a gift from a friend after he spilled his soda over it. He claimed that the KB is cursed. I myself have spilled water twice on the EXACT SAME SPOT!
So the Num 0 is sticky (which I use a lot. :(
( Example: A "10" beomces a "100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000" )

Edit: Now as I am Skyping with the one who made me join, are we discussing my next KB. :p
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 February 2016, 12:56:05 by Hatsjer »

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 17:15:54 »

Well.. kinda. This KB was a gift from a friend after he spilled his soda over it. He claimed that the KB is cursed. I myself have spilled water twice on the EXACT SAME SPOT!
( Example: A "10" beomces a "100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000" )

Edit: Now as I am Skyping with the one who made me join, are we discussing my next KB. :p

Hi, wow that is a LOT of spilled liquid!  I've used filtered water/microfiber cloth to clean off my little keyboard a few times without fail. 
Chris Schammert

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 06:19:43 »
Hello there.

I'm an avrage 19 (Very soon 20) year old boy from Norway.
I honestly joined just to leave a comment on the "Keyboard confessions" topic. The only time I visit here is when my KB obsessed friend links me here. So don't expect much activity from me.  ;)
But I'll come and go, and poke around once in a while. :)

I love Norway. I live in the Netherlands and recently went to Oslo for a conference. People are so nice (at least to me as a foreigner) and everything was so tidy. Really want to go back sometime.
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 03:56:20 »

The beauty of a mechanical keyboard is that individual switches can be replaced (and should if you're spilled drinks into it).