Author Topic: Hello, fellow humanpeoples.  (Read 1713 times)

Offline Oxid

• resin rash and glitter
Hello, fellow humanpeoples.
« on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 14:54:39 »
Hello!

I started like most of you guys, on rubber domes, but tried a blackwidow w/ blues (i know, i know) and ended up with that for a year or so. It was cool, it made clicky noises which I liked, but I ended up moving to a K70 w/ reds after. At this point, a keyboard was just a keyboard, and I didn't really get too into the mechs until about a few weeks ago. I don't know what changed, but I fell down a seemingly endless rabbit hole. Please send help.

My damage over the past month:
- VA87M w/ cherry browns, white/white with orange LED's (+ accompanying DSA PBT blank set off of signature plastics) - pics: http://imgur.com/gallery/ldokC/
- I placed an order for a B.Face (Black Opaque top, Transparent second layer, w/ RGB diffuser case) from winkeyless. This should come in about a month or so.
- 2 HKP artisans I just grabbed yesterday :(

I kind of just jumped on the browns for the VA87M without ever having tried them - it was a big gamble, but it paid off cause I'm loving the tactility. This time around, I decided not to order switches yet for the B.Face til I tested them all. Got a switch tester for cherries, and the kit for Zealios, and I've fallen in love with the 62g tactile ones. They're so unavailable right now, but I swear to the mechgods that I will not build that B.Face without the 62g purples.

I already know what the third board will be, an HHKB, because who needs nutrition/sustenance when you can have a topre board?

Soo. Hi guys. Which way is the support group?

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
Re: Hello, fellow humanpeoples.
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 14:58:17 »
I already know what the third board will be, an HHKB, because who needs nutrition/sustenance when you can have a topre board?

Topre is love, Topre is life. You're gonna love the HHKB. Nothing better than the good feeling of oneness with cup rubber.

Welcome to GH!

Offline Oxid

• resin rash and glitter
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 15:07:57 »
Haha, I've never tried one, don't know where I would in Toronto, but they sound fascinating. I bet they feel even better!

and thank you! :)

Offline sircheddar

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 16:26:10 »
that va87 looks so clean. i always had an inclination towards that board, and my roommate got one, very good choice.
" I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. "

Offline Oxid

• resin rash and glitter
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 16:53:49 »
Thanks! Yeah, I'm obsessed with how clean it looks. Toying around with the idea of grabbing a set of dark grey modifiers to through throw in as well to help accentuate the board some more, but I feel like that'll break the simplicity of the two-tone theme.
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 December 2015, 18:12:21 by Oxid »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 03:59:13 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Your VA87M looks fantastic!  I wonder where Belfong is - he likes orange too :)

Help with unhacking the wallet is in here.

Why the sad face for HKP?  They are great :)  Although I must admit my collection is lagging behind the latest designs quite a bit.

Also why the few odd different coloured keycaps here and there on the board, Del for example?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Oxid

• resin rash and glitter
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 13:26:20 »
Thanks! They are awesome looking keys, I just told my self early on I wouldn't get into artisinal key caps, yet here we are hahah.

Orange keys for edge of home row (F & J) to help give me a reference point with the blanks (still new to blanks). Same with 5 and 0, numbers were hard, but looking down gives me a general idea of where my fingers are. Lastly print screen and delete, cause those are my most used of that set of keys, but they do seem out of place so I think I'll get rid of those two.
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 December 2015, 13:30:36 by Oxid »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 19:39:17 »
Hello tadpole
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 19 December 2015, 04:59:21 »
Thanks! They are awesome looking keys, I just told my self early on I wouldn't get into artisinal key caps, yet here we are hahah.

Orange keys for edge of home row (F & J) to help give me a reference point with the blanks (still new to blanks). Same with 5 and 0, numbers were hard, but looking down gives me a general idea of where my fingers are. Lastly print screen and delete, cause those are my most used of that set of keys, but they do seem out of place so I think I'll get rid of those two.

I hadn't thought of that :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Oxid

• resin rash and glitter
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 05:49:13 »
It's helpful, but the symmetry-nazi in me dies every time I see the orange for F and J, and 5 and 0 not lining up.
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 December 2015, 05:52:48 by Oxid »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 04:08:52 »
It's helpful, but the symmetry-nazi in me dies every time I see the orange for F and J, and 5 and 0 not lining up.

It does make sense now that you have explained it, but the staggered layout would irk me too :))