Author Topic: Happy new year GH  (Read 7538 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Happy new year GH
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 04:17:40 »
Happy New Year everyone.  :)

Happy new year, reaper ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
« Reply #51 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 09:24:06 »
Happy New Year from the past!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #52 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 13:03:25 »
German Shepherds are the way to go! My great aunt breeds them and travels around the world to be judge ever since she retired from working.

Here is my favorite dog of hers, Nurmi. He actually use to be the most awarded dog in the world at one point for the categories obediance, agility, and herding. Sadly he passed away a few years ago.
Show Image
Show Image

Why the pictures have the legend URMA and you said it calls Nurmi? is it the same?

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 13:39:09 »
German Shepherds are the way to go! My great aunt breeds them and travels around the world to be judge ever since she retired from working.

Here is my favorite dog of hers, Nurmi. He actually use to be the most awarded dog in the world at one point for the categories obediance, agility, and herding. Sadly he passed away a few years ago.
Show Image
Show Image

Why the pictures have the legend URMA and you said it calls Nurmi? is it the same?

To be honest, I'm not exactly sure. On the website the name lists Nurmi but underneath it says "PAM V Nurmi Von Den Maibuchen SchH3 IPO3 UDT AX AXJ HXas VCD2 KKL1 (life) "A" OFA DNA" I don't know how to understand that at all haha. I'm pretty sure Von Den Maibuchen means the location from which he is from, not quite sure though.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 18:29:31 »
Anybody have any "New Year Resolutions"!? haha

In 2016 I want to get a dog! That's about all I've got on the list though :D

I want to lose 50 pounds and get a kitty!  :D

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 18:56:24 »

50 pounds! You should take some before and after photos as well. Good luck with it!

I'm sure the kitty resolution shouldn't be too hard to achieve.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 19:00:29 »

50 pounds! You should take some before and after photos as well. Good luck with it!

I'm sure the kitty resolution shouldn't be too hard to achieve.

The before and after pics probably won't be as drastic as you're expecting (that's part of the reason I've gained this much weight - it doesn't show up as clearly on tall people! both a blessing and a curse).  :P  But will do.  I think I could stand to lose a bit more than that actually, but that's more long-term.

Kitty will be super easy to do, but slightly more difficult to do right.  I want to make sure I'm as prepared as I can be and don't want to rush into it, so we'll see when it actually happens.  Mostly though I am just really really afraid of the cat breaking my *things*, which I think is indicative of a general change that I need to make as well (get rid of *things* and shift my focus to living relationships, like kittehs).  But as with most things, this is easier said than done.  :|

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #57 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 20:23:57 »

Show Image
Show Image

To be honest, I'm not exactly sure. On the website the name lists Nurmi but underneath it says "PAM V Nurmi Von Den Maibuchen SchH3 IPO3 UDT AX AXJ HXas VCD2 KKL1 (life) "A" OFA DNA" I don't know how to understand that at all haha. I'm pretty sure Von Den Maibuchen means the location from which he is from, not quite sure though.

Hum! That is a very long name.