Author Topic: Happy New Year GH. What is your 2016 Keyboard Goal?  (Read 22563 times)

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Re: Happy New Year GH. What is your 2016 Keyboard Goal?
« Reply #64 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 21:25:08 »
what the **** is happening here
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #65 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 21:25:49 »

Comparing you to an HHKB I think

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 21:26:04 »

yoooo Da-Milks is in da house!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #67 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 21:26:22 »

i will never reach the hhkb level, im a pleb to goddess hhkb

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #68 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 21:27:29 »
Forgive me demik, I bought another MX board today.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #69 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 21:27:34 »

Just saying everyone's needs one
We all need you, duh

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #70 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 21:28:43 »

Hoff, Binge, Kudos all be rollin around with my HHKB's. I make HHKB dreams come true, perhaps I am the genie that will make your dreams all become affordable and true  ;D

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #71 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 21:31:45 »

HHKB gods are weeping.

but it's okay, i got rid of one today. so everything is right.

We all need you, duh

yes, everybody needs a godly hhkb.

Hoff, Binge, Kudos all be rollin around with my HHKB's. I make HHKB dreams come true, perhaps I am the genie that will make your dreams all become affordable and true  ;D

you're the hero hhkb gods spoke of.
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 January 2016, 21:33:45 by demik »

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #72 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 21:33:16 »

HHKB gods are weeping.

but it's okay, i got rid of one today. so everything is right.

We all need you, duh

yes, everybody needs a godly hhkb.

yeah, some Duck that didn't go to me  :'(

If i had an MX board to get rid of every day, I would  :))

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #73 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 21:40:59 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:42:00 by alienman82 »

Offline Macsmasher

« Reply #74 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 00:04:58 »
I have no keyboard goals for 2016 and the reason is simple. Topre. At this point in time, since I own three RF 87Us and an HHKB, any other keyboard is just a waste of money.

I preface the above by saying 'at this point in time'. If Cherry were to come up with something other than their sand-filled crap switches, I'd be all over Cherry. I'm not a Topre fanboy. Just a fanboy of the best switch available today. Cherry isn't it.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #75 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 00:06:22 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:33:52 by alienman82 »

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #76 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 00:06:57 »
I have no keyboard goals for 2016 and the reason is simple. Topre. At this point in time, since I own three RF 87Us and an HHKB, any other keyboard is just a waste of money.

I preface the above by saying 'at this point in time'. If Cherry were to come up with something other than their sand-filled crap switches, I'd be all over Cherry. I'm not a Topre fanboy. Just a fanboy of the best switch available today. Cherry isn't it.

So that makes you a fanboy of topre.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #77 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 00:09:33 »
TOPRE TOPRE TOPRE TOPRE TOPRE

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #78 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 00:10:23 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:33:43 by alienman82 »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #79 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 00:11:12 »

what does that even mean?  LOL

EVERYTHING

Offline Macsmasher

« Reply #80 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 00:14:43 »

damn... I feel that way about alps since I can't find many boards with sought-after switches that are new.

I'm sorry to say that I've not had the pleasure of trying Alps. I see a lot of guys speak very highly of them here. I'll eventually give them a try and would be happy to jump the Topre ship if I liked them better. I'm not a Cherry hater. I'm just frustrated that they've not really innovated anything in years. Cherry MX is like the Windows 95 of keyboard switches.

Offline Macsmasher

« Reply #81 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 00:18:07 »

So that makes you a fanboy of topre.

At this point in time, I guess it does. But at least I'm not beating my drum preaching the Cherry MX agenda that has no basis in reality.

Cherry MX - the Windows 95 of the keyboard world.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #82 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 00:19:46 »

damn... I feel that way about alps since I can't find many boards with sought-after switches that are new.

I'm sorry to say that I've not had the pleasure of trying Alps. I see a lot of guys speak very highly of them here. I'll eventually give them a try and would be happy to jump the Topre ship if I liked them better. I'm not a Cherry hater. I'm just frustrated that they've not really innovated anything in years. Cherry MX is like the Windows 95 of keyboard switches.

Have you ever customized Cherry switches? That's the beauty of it since there is several options in terms of linear or tactility, then there is even more options in terms of spring weights, and even though this doesn't apply to everybody but they offer very good backlighting. Cherry switches takes a lot more trying to find the perfect switch for yourself, new switches by themselves are horrible imo. Judging by your hate towards Cherry I can not help but think all you did was buy a ****ty mass produced keyboard and then hate it.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #83 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 00:21:56 »
"Click."

"Did you hang up?"

"No. I just said click."

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #84 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 00:23:16 »
THORPE THORPE THORPE THORPE THORPE SSK
THORPE THORPE THORPE THORPE SSK THORPE
THORPE THORPE THORPE SSK THORPE THORPE
THORPE THORPE SSK THORPE THORPE THORPE
THORPE SSK THORPE THORPE THORPE THORPE
SSK THORPE THORPE THORPE THORPE THORPE

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #85 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 00:26:45 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:33:30 by alienman82 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #86 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 00:28:04 »
DEMIK TREND TREND TREND TREND TREND
TREND DEMIK TREND TREND TREND TREND
TREND TREND DEMIK TREND TREND TREND
TREND TREND TREND DEMIK TREND TREND
TREND TREND TREND TREND DEMIK TREND
TREND TREND TREND TREND TREND DEMIK

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #87 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 00:29:30 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:33:24 by alienman82 »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #88 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 00:34:23 »
Rowdy is a brother that's fighting along with me the good ol topre fight. We won't rest until all these cherry plebs (and all the other ****ty switches too) own and love the hhkb or RF87. No novatouch **** here. Down with topre/mx sliders also.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #89 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 00:35:10 »
demilk demilk demilk demilk demilk

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #90 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 00:35:50 »
Rowdy is a brother that's fighting along with me the good ol topre fight. We won't rest until all these cherry plebs (and all the other ****ty switches too) own and love the hhkb or RF87. No novatouch **** here. Down with topre/mx sliders also.

+1 native natural Topre sliders!

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #91 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 00:36:50 »

+2

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #92 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 00:37:07 »

+2

And non-flipped space bars!!1!

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #93 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 00:37:34 »

+2

Can't agree with you there!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #94 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 00:37:37 »

+2

!!1!oneone!!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #95 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 00:38:18 »

+2

Can't agree with you more!

FTFY

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #96 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 00:38:34 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:33:11 by alienman82 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #97 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 00:39:02 »

+2

!!1!oneone!!

I flipped my spacebar once.  Never again!  Lol

Same here.  It was awful :eek:

Offline Solo

• Unreal
« Reply #98 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 00:41:50 »
My highest priority goal of 2016 is actually to go around and flip everyone's flipped space bar back to normal.

Offline itzmeluigi

• ПБТ
« Reply #99 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 00:45:26 »

What about the glorious Alps switches?  Also should i get a FC660 or a Realforce 104UB-DK(first version)? I need to try Topre.