Author Topic: DONE!  (Read 81268 times)

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: DONE!
« Reply #200 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 21:47:16 »
Just for reference on the double-selling comments, berserk has been known to purchase multiples of GB items and many other things (hence his massive collection and the scale of this sale), so it is entirely possible that he has legitimately sold multiple of the same item to each of you.  Just FYI - I'm not making conclusions about anything here, just commenting.

I doubt he had 2 Poker X's modded with jailhouse whites and SIP sockets though :/

Some of the things I've seen that he's had multiple of have boggled the mind more than that.  Just wait a bit, and give him just as much benefit of the doubt as you had to in order to give him the money.  Trust until it's obvious that you can't (which is going to be up to you when that is).  That way, you reduce the stress to you, and don't contribute unnecessarily to the atmosphere here.  At least, that's what I'm doing.

Offline mind_funeral

• savior of lost fortunes
« Reply #201 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 23:55:44 »
I'm trying to stay positive.  I want berserk to come through.
Poker II.3 with Gateron Browns and SIP sockets,  Midnight/Twilight DCS
KBP V60 with Gateron Clears, EnjoyPBT Cyrillics
Topre Type Heaven

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #202 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 07:27:29 »
The hope is high, the attitude is good; but, the evidence is against the odds; either, intentional or due to the circumstances, not receiving what was paid for is a bad balance for a business; but, no rush may help, because there is nothing to do even when the after math has reached us all.
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 May 2016, 09:56:40 by ideus »

Offline timerwin63

« Reply #203 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 09:20:30 »
Are we still making a list of what's been ordered and what wasn't? My stuff is still sitting in US Customs (judging from the lack of USPS shipping info), but I ordered a WoB grab bag and 70 (maybe 75? I don't remember and I'm too lazy to check) MX Greens. No freebies or anything else. I doubt he ran out of either of those, but just in case people wanted to know.
Roses are red, violets are blue. They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Offline Skysophrenic

« Reply #204 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 10:16:37 »
Are we still making a list of what's been ordered and what wasn't? My stuff is still sitting in US Customs (judging from the lack of USPS shipping info), but I ordered a WoB grab bag and 70 (maybe 75? I don't remember and I'm too lazy to check) MX Greens. No freebies or anything else. I doubt he ran out of either of those, but just in case people wanted to know.

Indeed I am keeping track.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hdp5VngkejeTHM_U8G2JFJUCGYrsgH_-GX1EmXfHx5g/edit?usp=sharing

I also will want to confirm as many claims as I can with either sale pm's or payment proof (black out your details.) 

This serves two purposes.

1. Prevents people from making claims when there weren't  any to begin with (low chance, but taking the precaution)
2. Solidifies your claims if, we as a community, will resend stuff to each other if shipping is a fustercluck.

Offline iss

« Reply #205 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 16:16:24 »
WEY HK-2000 black on white doubleshots by GMK $65 0.15 kg
F09. Model M-122 bolt modded, teensy modded, ANSI mod, backplate painted, red paint. $20 2.5 kg
P05. Cooler Master QFR TKL cover .1 kg

Received an incorrect package. The QFR cover was there, but both the WEY caps and the M-122 were not; I received an arbitrary, super-yellowed set of MX caps with a big-ass enter, something completely worthless to me.

Luckily, I paid through PayPal G&S, but this definitely does not look good. I think I'll be filing a dispute if berserkfan doesn't show up within the next few days.

Offline codywanks

« Reply #206 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 17:11:40 »
dafuq did I just read. did something get deleted?

Offline Almost

• Zs Xe
« Reply #207 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 17:12:27 »
Either in a PM, or on a post somewhere here; Berserkfan mentioned all (?) the packaging and posting is being done by family members.

I presume said family members aren't all keyboards enthusiasts and don't know exactly which item is which, he's also moving house so I bet he won't have time to check on GeekHack to see all this comotion.  :confused:

I'm still trusting this guy to deliver, even with some big mistakes along the way, but I didn't spend too much money on this like some people will have.

Oh and for Skysophrenic's doc, I ordered:

• 1x Silver theme Filco MJT 2, moddable switches, plate, ect.
  • 1x Gold zing spacebar

Proof:
More
Kbds: KOBO Red Carbon - Filco MJT2 Beige - Topre U23 - Cherry 3700 - Model F XT 5155
Sets: Dolch R1 - Red Alert - Hyperfuse R1 - Cherry WoB - Plum

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #208 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 17:46:14 »

said family members aren't all keyboards enthusiasts and don't know exactly which item is which,

As someone who has sold approximately 1K items on ebay, at least 1/3 international, I can state that packaging and shipping is tedious and nerve-wracking.

I can count my own shipping mistakes on one hand with fingers left over, but that took careful planning and constant diligence.

And even at my zenith, I was only shipping perhaps 80 packages per week. This endeavor is an order of magnitude more difficult.

Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #209 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 17:53:47 »
WEY HK-2000 black on white doubleshots by GMK $65 0.15 kg
F09. Model M-122 bolt modded, teensy modded, ANSI mod, backplate painted, red paint. $20 2.5 kg
P05. Cooler Master QFR TKL cover .1 kg

Received an incorrect package. The QFR cover was there, but both the WEY caps and the M-122 were not; I received an arbitrary, super-yellowed set of MX caps with a big-ass enter, something completely worthless to me.

Luckily, I paid through PayPal G&S, but this definitely does not look good. I think I'll be filing a dispute if berserkfan doesn't show up within the next few days.

Lucky you that paid with PP and can file a dispute. I also wanted the WEY key caps; but, now I'd relieved that I did not bought it.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #210 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 18:19:27 »
The hope is high.

Hope is dead.

This is not my order.  *sigh*  But they were nice enough to include the GH name of the person that it was supposed to go to.  At least... I think so.  GH Gji?  But now I guess I open a PP dispute.  I would wait to hear from him to be nice, but looking at it realistically, there's no real way to make this right in short order, so I need to get the dispute process started.  But I feel bad doing so. :(
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 May 2016, 18:21:16 by chuckdee »

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #211 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 18:28:01 »
The hope is high.

Hope is dead.

Show Image

This is not my order.  *sigh*  But they were nice enough to include the GH name of the person that it was supposed to go to.  At least... I think so.  GH Gji?  But now I guess I open a PP dispute.  I would wait to hear from him to be nice, but looking at it realistically, there's no real way to make this right in short order, so I need to get the dispute process started.  But I feel bad doing so. :(

is there any way to somehow get my money back using moneygram if i get the wrong order? I would assume not but I can always hope.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #212 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 18:34:51 »
https://www.moneygram.com/wps/portal/moneygramonline/home/CustomerService/ComplaintProcedure/

https://www.moneygram.com/WCM/groups/webcontent/documents/content/pdf_explanation_of_rights.pdf

https://www.moneygram.com/wps/portal/moneygramonline/home/CustomerService/FAQs/

Can I put a stop payment on a Money Order I purchased?
No, you cannot request a stop payment on a MoneyGram Money Order. However, you can request a refund by completing a claim card. If your Money Order is cashed before the refund is processed you will receive a photocopy provided you include the $15.00 processing fee.

Link to claim card: https://www.moneygram.com/WCM/groups/mgicorp_content/documents/content/mgicorp_c_pdf_e.pdf.pdf

I don't know if this applies in this case.

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #213 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 19:52:48 »
At this point, I will wait for my package to arrive before accusing berserkfan anyharm
I like mechanical keyboards

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #214 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 21:23:20 »
At this point, I will wait for my package to arrive before accusing berserkfan anyharm

I don't think anyone is accusing him of anything.  We're just reporting the facts as they happen.

Offline yzkoo

« Reply #215 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 21:47:44 »
My worst fears have come to fruition.

Ordered:
QFR Kit + Top Cover
90 Stock Clears
Tai Hao (Black)
Tai Hao (Purple White)
Cyan on White PBT Dye Subs
MJ1 TKL Kit
A few spare LED(s)
90 Dirty Old Browns

What i got:
Tai Hao (Black) with blue space bar (i ain't even mad)
2 PCBs of what seemed like a cherry mx-8100 with full switches (brown)

I am salty  :'(

Proof: http://imgur.com/a/v1C3m

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #216 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 21:52:20 »

I don't think anyone is accusing him of anything.  We're just reporting the facts as they happen.

And I don't think I am implying anyone is accusing him of anything. I just stated my stance regarding this matter.
I like mechanical keyboards

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #217 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 22:00:15 »
I received a response to my dispute on paypal.  It was less than good.  Trying to see if I should escalate and/or post response here.  There was no real offer of making things right in the post, which makes me less inclined towards niceness, no matter the reasoning behind it.  There was even a thinly veiled threat in the response.  I'm going to sleep on it, as any decision I made right now would be based on emotion, and that's never good.

I will continue to update, and if I decide to escalate, I'll then post the details here.

One detail I did decide to post is that he says his PP account is empty, which makes me wonder if I should escalate NOW, to be on the front lines of the disputes.  Decisions I really don't want to make, and think it's unfair that I should have to.  Any suggestions or comments would be helpful and appreciated.

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
« Reply #218 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 22:07:30 »
The hope is high.

Hope is dead.

Show Image

this is almost like my order, except i didn't order 67g springs and there's should be a set of filco keycaps,2 sets of taihao keycaps and a DSA grabbags...
TGR Jane V1 CE - TGR Jane v2 - TGR Jane V2 CE  - TGR 910 R1 - TGR 910 RE Polycarbonate - TGR 910v3 Prototype - TGR Police - TGR Tris - TGR Tomo Polycarbonate - RS60 - RS65 "Pendora" - RS TKL - EM8

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #219 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 22:12:09 »
I've received another response in short order.  My last sentence in my prior response was "How are we going to correct the situation?"  A simple, direct, and very respectful question.

His response included no answer to that, just excuses and guilt trip attempts.  I'm becoming more incensed.

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #220 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 22:28:25 »
I've received another response in short order.  My last sentence in my prior response was "How are we going to correct the situation?"  A simple, direct, and very respectful question.

His response included no answer to that, just excuses and guilt trip attempts.  I'm becoming more incensed.

And I notice on his profile...

Local Time:    Wed, 11 May 2016, 22:13:23
Last Active:    Wed, 11 May 2016, 21:21:33

If this is an epic shipping **** up, well, it happened. It's not unfixable, just frustrating. But so far, I have to honestly say that if it was the wrong labels getting slapped on things, why hasn't anybody at all popped up to say "OH! Hey! That's my order!" Also someone should probably tell Deskthority (I know, I know) what's going on.
https://deskthority.net/for-sale-f55/phase-2-now-gutz-s-pre-moving-small-items-giveaway-sale-thread-t12888-60.html

By the way, we're up to 3 Orihalcon SDL-USB cables sold - shreebles at DT also paid for one.
"I remain convinced I am the only person alive who has successfully worn out an IBM Model M mechanically."
Daily Drivers: Adesso 625 (NPKC PBT / Kailh Blue), Rosewill RK9000V2 (KC PBT / MX Brown), 1994 Model M13, Sun Type4, and the rare IBM 1394540.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #221 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 23:39:47 »
Something else... sketchy... to report.

Images have been removed from imgur.  I don't see a reason why that would have happened.

http://imgur.com/a/XnnIS

That one at least doesn't come up 404, though there is no image there, so they might just not have indexed it.  Others come up 404.

For example, the images of granite:

http://imgur.com/QasZ7WE  http://imgur.com/v8Hbw0F

Was anyone thorough enough to save images?  I didn't think of it since it's imgur.

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #222 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 23:43:55 »
Something else... sketchy... to report.

Images have been removed from imgur.  I don't see a reason why that would have happened.

http://imgur.com/a/XnnIS

That one at least doesn't come up 404, though there is no image there, so they might just not have indexed it.  Others come up 404.

For example, the images of granite:

http://imgur.com/QasZ7WE  http://imgur.com/v8Hbw0F

Was anyone thorough enough to save images?  I didn't think of it since it's imgur.
I think you might be reading too much into it. They were poor quality timestamp pictures so he could prove that he owned the stuff. No reason to keep them.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #223 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 23:46:53 »
If it were that alone, I might be inclined to be more charitable in my interpretation.  Adding all factors together, especially the responses on Paypal, and I'm not so inclined.

Offline ikeadragon

« Reply #224 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 00:01:08 »
Yup it's kinda the amalgamation of factors of the deletion of imgur links, double/triple selling, insisting on nonPayPal, non-communication, partly correct orders?....I got the 2 freebies I requested, but nothing of what I've paid for (which is honestly odd af; so he bothered to put some correct stuff in but not the ones in the same order 'form' lol). Maybe someone can check with Gji if that's the order he had..?

Anyway, the imgur links were deleted after the first post was 'done'. I didn't think to save images, but then again, even if someone/we did, w h a t d o ?

@yzkoo, we were (at least) double sold the Cyan on White Dyesubs. Thanks again Sky for keeping track of the orders!

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #225 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 00:11:07 »
Yup it's kinda the amalgamation of factors of the deletion of imgur links, double/triple selling, insisting on nonPayPal, non-communication, partly correct orders?....I got the 2 freebies I requested, but nothing of what I've paid for (which is honestly odd af; so he bothered to put some correct stuff in but not the ones in the same order 'form' lol). Maybe someone can check with Gji if that's the order he had..?

Anyway, the imgur links were deleted after the first post was 'done'. I didn't think to save images, but then again, even if someone/we did, w h a t d o ?

@yzkoo, we were (at least) double sold the Cyan on White Dyesubs. Thanks again Sky for keeping track of the orders!

I tried, but I couldn't find the user.  I think I might be reading the card wrong.  I do see an Eiji that posted in the thread, and have sent him a message.  Will post an update when/if I receive a reply.

Offline Skysophrenic

« Reply #226 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 00:19:59 »
As packages are coming in, Please please please timestamp those and post those up! I'll be updating the spreadsheet tomorrow. We're still missing a lot of stuff out there, notably... like... my entire $400 order :< My end-game goal as of now, is to simply get as much stuff to their original buyers as possible.

We've also only been seeing mainly keycaps. Where are the boards!? We've yet to see any of the "high value" items for the most part. It seems dis-proportionally tilted towards keycaps and springs.

Judging by the consensus of the thread, I'm sure that we can agree on the fact that, if not malicious, he was clearly negligent in the way this sale was handle. On top of which, beserkfan HAS indeed been active. Now, the way things are, I do not want to pursue with the authorities yet. Not without tying the ends of where all the supposed goods are, and where they should end up. I'd also like to be able to tie out what was spent, to what was ordered and received. Likely this will never happen, because of the double/triple sales - which will be clear evidence of fraud. I urge you to not go and try to resolve errors with paypal yet - because we do not have the complete picture. Furthermore, with incomplete evidence it will only increase the chances that paypal will not take our side. It is best to serve up this thread as anecdotal evidence along with more concrete examples, which is why I have been consolidating proof of orders, payment, payment methods, and packages that have been received.

How can you help?

1. Provide any pm's of beserkfan confirming your order and payment details.
2. Provide payment details (black out your details) but have it correspond to the amount that you have ordered.
3. Provide any timestamps of what you have received.
4. Point anybody else who may have bought from beserkfan to this thread. Other forums and people who have commented there may not be aware of the situation yet, or may have other things to report that can help us out.
5. Can mods see pm's? Maybe there might be people that bought but are not checking this thread. I know it's probably a daunting task but at the moment we are going to be nearing thousands of dollars which are unaccounted for. I also understand that it is violating the idea of privacy. But what is hidden behind walls in this case may very well shed more light on what has happened.

You can do this by pm'ing me or attaching them directly as a note in the spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hdp5VngkejeTHM_U8G2JFJUCGYrsgH_-GX1EmXfHx5g/edit?usp=sharing

Please check if I have missed out your names and orders - Also please check if you have provided as much proof as you possibly can of all stages of the transactions/sales. The more complete the picture, the better understanding we will have of the scale of fraud.

Final note: Lets keep things civil, keep things calm. Lets not accuse anyone of anything else just yet, and use this as a period of learning and understanding. No witchhunting as of yet.

« Last Edit: Thu, 12 May 2016, 00:23:57 by Skysophrenic »

Offline DannyHuynh

« Reply #227 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 02:41:46 »
If anyone has got a 108-key Filco SA Set, please let me know. I'm still reluctant to file the PayPal dispute  :-[
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 May 2016, 02:44:28 by DannyHuynh »

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #228 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 02:48:28 »
I ordered F02 and F18, 1 of each.

What specifically were those? The original catalogue has been deleted so can't really go and look it up.
model f xt teensied and the ibm board with JP legends. thanks for doing all this.

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
« Reply #229 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 02:56:07 »
there's someone who PM'd me about he's getting a box that marked "HOLD FOR DYMLOSLOUIRE". great, i wanna know what is inside the package lol. i'm waiting for him to post the package here.
TGR Jane V1 CE - TGR Jane v2 - TGR Jane V2 CE  - TGR 910 R1 - TGR 910 RE Polycarbonate - TGR 910v3 Prototype - TGR Police - TGR Tris - TGR Tomo Polycarbonate - RS60 - RS65 "Pendora" - RS TKL - EM8

Offline ponnx

« Reply #230 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 03:29:19 »
there's someone who PM'd me about he's getting a box that marked "HOLD FOR DYMLOSLOUIRE". great, i wanna know what is inside the package lol. i'm waiting for him to post the package here.

If there is one for ponnx I would love to know too.  :eek:

Offline Kibort

« Reply #231 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 05:16:36 »
I don't want to jump to conclusions but every single order seems to be wrong? I have yet to see a correct order? A mistake can always occasionally happen, but in this case it is hard to believe there were made this many unintentional mistakes.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #232 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 05:32:26 »
It could be another couple of weeks before mine arrives, but if anyone else receives the Ducky thick PBT black on yellow set, please let me know!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Kibort

« Reply #233 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 05:42:09 »
I also paid for that black on yellow ducky set  :(

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #234 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 05:44:45 »
I also paid for that black on yellow ducky set  :(

:eek:

:(

Let's hope he had more than one of them.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
« Reply #235 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 07:27:52 »
Gonna vouch for berserk here where I've been a regular customer of his, often buying things from him sent to me either through post or through local meetups. Nice guy and I believe what happened is: berserk had everyone's address and their names etc on a excel spreadsheet, but something somewhere went wrong and perhaps maybe some rows and columns went wonky. If things persist and he's not back on GH I'll try to contact him and relay information to the people who have bought things from him. Cheers.

Offline timerwin63

« Reply #236 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 08:34:07 »
I also will want to confirm as many claims as I can with either sale pm's or payment proof (black out your details.) 

This serves two purposes.

1. Prevents people from making claims when there weren't  any to begin with (low chance, but taking the precaution)
2. Solidifies your claims if, we as a community, will resend stuff to each other if shipping is a fustercluck.

Edit: Forgot I asked him to toss in a couple 1u Cherry blanks if he had any lying around. I can get proof of that if you want me to.

2nd Edit: Removed the pictures. I'll send them in a pm when I'm at a computer and don't have to deal with using my phone.
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 May 2016, 08:43:54 by timerwin63 »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #237 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 08:34:44 »

Never thought that the sale will become something like this. It's my first time buying from someone @ geekhack too.

"the sale" is an inadequate descriptor for this event

It is probably the largest and most convoluted set of transactions in the history of the forum.
Jcrouse's goodbye sale cleared about 30k USD. It was so big he had to open a second thread to handle things. I don't think there were any issues. Just floating that out there that there's been bigger sales with less issues.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #238 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 08:37:39 »
Gonna vouch for berserk here where I've been a regular customer of his, often buying things from him sent to me either through post or through local meetups. Nice guy and I believe what happened is: berserk had everyone's address and their names etc on a excel spreadsheet, but something somewhere went wrong and perhaps maybe some rows and columns went wonky. If things persist and he's not back on GH I'll try to contact him and relay information to the people who have bought things from him. Cheers.

Your comment would be the last light at the bottom of the tunnel, as days turn into weeks of receiving the wrong items or missing the main ones.

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #239 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 09:20:05 »
Well here's my order.

Cyan on White thick PBT dyesubs $20
Taihao Black Set $8
Chinese made lasered mint green PBT keycaps, 1 set, new, $5.
Raindrop blue on white random grab bag, new, at least 20 keycaps. Free

$8 shipping fee

Total $41

Sent as paypal gift using credit card.

Looks like theres at least 3 of us buying that cyan pbt set. The only thing is that I sent the payment as a gift so I cannot dispute this correct? I sent it as a gift because, I wanted to take some burden off him since, he was losing a lot through the pp fees he said.

:(

Offline Skysophrenic

« Reply #240 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 09:32:09 »
Hey all, just chiming in since more people seem to be commenting.

If you HAVE bought something from him, please pm me some screenshots or quote some pm's so that we can have a record of the first step of the transaction.

While unlikely, the last thing I want is people who haven't ordered anything claiming that they did. I will update and start loading in more data for confirmed packages when I have time.

Also, I might have found the who was supposed to receive my package - holding on action however, until more things are accounted for. Thanks for co-op and patience folks!

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #241 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 10:22:28 »
So what is the end result of the collection of data?  Just asking.  We have to individually submit disputes from everything I've seen in the past, and from research.  If there is not the happy circumstance that things were just cross shipped, i.e. I have the shipment for another person, and we work it out between us.  No matter how well-intentioned any user initiated corrections are, there are still going to be issues with using this number of individuals, and anything we do outside of the systems that have been set in place for this reduce our chances for recourse through proper channels.

I looked at your spreadsheet as a reference, not as a system of recourse for those reasons, and many more besides.

Any thoughts on that point?

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
« Reply #242 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 10:27:07 »
Give berserkfan a few more days- moving houses can be very hectic. If anyone wants to make a fuss about it, just make sure you're aware of that the already sour mood we have in the thread will get worse.

My promise above still stands.

erratum;
@ideus: appreciated.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #243 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 12:17:03 »
Give berserkfan a few more days- moving houses can be very hectic. If anyone wants to make a fuss about it, just make sure you're aware of that the already sour mood we have in the thread will get worse.

My promise above still stands.

erratum;
@ideus: appreciated.

As I said, I would be more inclined if the answers to the inquiry was anything along, "Yes, mistakes were made, and I have the intent to make it good no matter what it costs.  Just give me a bit to settle things down."  It would be better if there was a distinct answer of "let's do X", but I can understand that perhaps time is needed.  But when there is no answer about making things right to a direct question, and that's the best that anyone has received (unless someone else has received a response and not posted), and there's a time frame on the resolution of said issues, that casts things in a different light.

And I did find out about why some received theirs in a timely manner, and others are still waiting.  Some outlets (paypal for instance) required him to upgrade shipping in order to use a trackable service.  That changed the profile for shipping for some packages, including mine.  In all honesty, in a perfect world, I'd have been more than willing to make up the difference.  But we aren't even engaging on that level.  It seems from the correspondence that I've had with him to be based in avoidance rather than resolution.  And that concerns me in a way that it wouldn't for a lesser amount.

Offline timerwin63

« Reply #244 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 12:24:37 »
So apparently my package from Gutz got to my house today. I gotta say, I'm not about to point any fingers and start calling people things, but I am certainly disappointed. Instead of the WoB Cherry grab bag ($30) and 70 MX Greens ($35) I ordered: (imgur album with proof. $18 shipping, and $4 in PayPal fees for G&S), I got a very small box and a 104-key set (108? I think it has 4 blanks) of thin Tai Hao white on green caps. Even the slip of paper in the box (that had my username and what I ordered) was right... (Link to timestamp)

I paid $87 for a single set of maybe $30 keycaps (that I can't even use because of the layouts I use). Judging from the thread he made in OT, he doesn't seem like he wants to make any of it right, although I'm sure he'll reconsider. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for now and wait for an official response after his life calms down a bit.
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 May 2016, 12:36:48 by timerwin63 »

Offline DannyHuynh

« Reply #245 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 12:59:12 »
So apparently my package from Gutz got to my house today. I gotta say, I'm not about to point any fingers and start calling people things, but I am certainly disappointed. Instead of the WoB Cherry grab bag ($30) and 70 MX Greens ($35) I ordered: (imgur album with proof. $18 shipping, and $4 in PayPal fees for G&S), I got a very small box and a 104-key set (108? I think it has 4 blanks) of thin Tai Hao white on green caps. Even the slip of paper in the box (that had my username and what I ordered) was right... (Link to timestamp)

I paid $87 for a single set of maybe $30 keycaps (that I can't even use because of the layouts I use). Judging from the thread he made in OT, he doesn't seem like he wants to make any of it right, although I'm sure he'll reconsider. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for now and wait for an official response after his life calms down a bit.

At least you know the worth. What I've got was freebies instead of what I paid for

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #246 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 13:18:37 »
Package arrived just now. Immediately knew it was wrong - it barely was big enough to hold one keyboard. Definitely NOT two full size keyboards. Claimed on customs that it was keyboard parts for hobbyist, value $50, weight 1kg. (It should have been nearly 5kg too.)

Open it up, and I have cast metal keycaps immediately jumping out. A set of rubber feet. A bunch of loose LEDs (came out of the SIP sockets in transit.) Aaaaaaand a KBT Pure with SIP mod, blue aluminum frame, and MX Whites. All the LEDs are here though, I counted.

According to the label inside, this is "DT Scarpia"s order. Well, it's at least PART of Scarpia's order according to the spreadsheet. So Scarpia, I have your KBT Pure. FWIW it was well packed, no damage aside from the loose LEDs. (Quick edit, none of the LEDs are damaged at all.) Can someone please page Scarpia to the thread?

Edit: PM'd Scarpia after realizing, yeah, it should have been "GH Scarpia" probably. Will be taking photos momentarily. Seriously though, very well packaged, so I can't imagine any shipping damage.

Here's the imgur gallery!

Edit 2: Also opened a Paypal dispute for Item Significantly Not as Described so there's a paper trail. I would recommend folks who paid through Paypal do so upon receiving an incorrect package, and simply be polite about it. If you got somebody else's package, "whoops, I got somebody else's package. Can you please help locate mine?" Make sure you note whose package you got if there's a name inside. If you end up needing to do a chargeback with any transaction, not opening the dispute immediately can complicate things or even make it impossible. Just be polite about it and give him a chance to respond before escalating to Paypal.
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 May 2016, 14:03:47 by rootwyrm »
"I remain convinced I am the only person alive who has successfully worn out an IBM Model M mechanically."
Daily Drivers: Adesso 625 (NPKC PBT / Kailh Blue), Rosewill RK9000V2 (KC PBT / MX Brown), 1994 Model M13, Sun Type4, and the rare IBM 1394540.

Offline gtxorb

« Reply #247 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 13:58:58 »
So everything is wrong!!!!!!!
No hope at allllllllllll.

No one get a right box yet.

Anyone had his mobile?

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #248 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 15:03:54 »
Edit 2: Also opened a Paypal dispute for Item Significantly Not as Described so there's a paper trail. I would recommend folks who paid through Paypal do so upon receiving an incorrect package, and simply be polite about it. If you got somebody else's package, "whoops, I got somebody else's package. Can you please help locate mine?" Make sure you note whose package you got if there's a name inside. If you end up needing to do a chargeback with any transaction, not opening the dispute immediately can complicate things or even make it impossible. Just be polite about it and give him a chance to respond before escalating to Paypal.

Agreed, wholeheartedly.  That's the same conclusion that I came to after a bit, and that was the only way I was able to get him to respond.  PM's didn't work.  However, the response I got on mine when I asked that very question was that he didn't know who had it.  Which does make sense, but it's disheartening.

Offline mind_funeral

• savior of lost fortunes
« Reply #249 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 15:09:06 »

Agreed, wholeheartedly.  That's the same conclusion that I came to after a bit, and that was the only way I was able to get him to respond.  PM's didn't work.  However, the response I got on mine when I asked that very question was that he didn't know who had it.  Which does make sense, but it's disheartening.

So you have had contact with Berserk since this went bad?  It seems like he isn't completely rogue then?
Poker II.3 with Gateron Browns and SIP sockets,  Midnight/Twilight DCS
KBP V60 with Gateron Clears, EnjoyPBT Cyrillics
Topre Type Heaven