Author Topic: [IC] HHKB Style 60% Case  (Read 48611 times)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Re: [IC] HHKB Style 60% Case
« Reply #100 on: Sat, 19 March 2016, 14:23:15 »
Please check the links for the images, they do not work.

Offline Dotdash32

« Reply #101 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 00:18:23 »
Update after a night of machining and a day of reflection (note: the following is not totally relevant to all of you, but just a reason for the delay):

Workholding is going to be the next big issue I need to tackle, that caused the prototype case to be thrown from the vise once and move during the operation twice.  As the internal pocket is machined, the side walls get thinner and thinner.  Since I'm holding the part by the long ends (next to the space bar), there is a lot of thin material that can act like a spring.  Since aluminum is pretty shifty, it starts to deform, and instead of the whole vise gripping the part, the part bends so that only the corners of the vise are gripping it.  This does not provide enough force to combat the cutting forces and torque from the cutter, and the part moves.  If it's not fixed, the cases won't actually be able to fit keys.  I'm working on this, and have some ideas on how to do it.

Moving forward, it probably means I'll have to make a jig to hold the part vertically.  This will counter the bending by pushing the force onto the areas that are still strong because of vertical thickness.  It should be simple-ish to make, but that might take another weekend or so.  I'm also looking to find a machine shop to do production at, they probably have the experience to recognize this issue earlier  :(

Also damaged my roughing endmill because I was running it too fast in the morning.  It was cutting the aluminum so fast that the bit was pulled into the material as it cut around.  This became a problem because the bottom of the machine path was about 0.1 inches above the vise jaws.  However, the bit got pulled down more than that and hit the jaws.  Surprising, it got pushed back up by the hardened steel and continued cutting.  Until it reached a pocket, where it had to enter the material vertically.  Turns out the bottom of the cutter got scalloped by the steel and the bit can't really plunge/helix into stock very well.  I was able to get it in by slowing down the feedrate and stopping midway through as the spindle started to sound like it was about to explode, but a pain overall.  As a result, I had to slow down the entire feedrate.  From talking to the consultants at the shop, the feed would have worked on a machine more rigid than the one I used (no other CNCs were available at that location).  So I'm looking for another machine to do it at the earlier feedrate.  (Faster feed means less time = less cost)

So going forward is going to be about making a few minor modifications to the creation process of the case, the design looks fine.  All the keys on my 60% actuate fine when in the case.  No bits of metal are stuck touching the caps, preventing their motion.  The drill holes to attach to the bottom case look fine, and the sides are nice and thin.

I'll try to keep you all updated on the process of machining out both the top case and the slanted bottom.  I've got ideas for workholding, they just need to be finalized!  I'm also interested to hear what color options you all are thinking. 

« Reply #102 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 03:02:02 »
Very interesting read, always nice to get some insight into the cnc/milling process. We definitely take for granted the nuances and complexity of milling and this info explains why milling is such a central and often times expensive aspect of a new project / gb!

Keep up the amazing work!!!

Offline need

« Reply #103 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 08:14:54 »
Do you think we could have colours other than ordinary colors that appear all the time with other plates ?

Or is the colour choice quite limited ?

Offline need

« Reply #104 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 08:19:04 »
Do you think we could have colours other than ordinary colors that appear all the time with other plates ?
eg. a really deep dark blue that's almost black

Or is the colour choice quite limited ?

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #105 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 08:29:34 »
Update after a night of machining and a day of reflection (note: the following is not totally relevant to all of you, but just a reason for the delay):

Workholding is going to be the next big issue I need to tackle, that caused the prototype case to be thrown from the vise once and move during the operation twice.  As the internal pocket is machined, the side walls get thinner and thinner.  Since I'm holding the part by the long ends (next to the space bar), there is a lot of thin material that can act like a spring.  Since aluminum is pretty shifty, it starts to deform, and instead of the whole vise gripping the part, the part bends so that only the corners of the vise are gripping it.  This does not provide enough force to combat the cutting forces and torque from the cutter, and the part moves.  If it's not fixed, the cases won't actually be able to fit keys.  I'm working on this, and have some ideas on how to do it.

Moving forward, it probably means I'll have to make a jig to hold the part vertically.  This will counter the bending by pushing the force onto the areas that are still strong because of vertical thickness.  It should be simple-ish to make, but that might take another weekend or so.  I'm also looking to find a machine shop to do production at, they probably have the experience to recognize this issue earlier  :(

Also damaged my roughing endmill because I was running it too fast in the morning.  It was cutting the aluminum so fast that the bit was pulled into the material as it cut around.  This became a problem because the bottom of the machine path was about 0.1 inches above the vise jaws.  However, the bit got pulled down more than that and hit the jaws.  Surprising, it got pushed back up by the hardened steel and continued cutting.  Until it reached a pocket, where it had to enter the material vertically.  Turns out the bottom of the cutter got scalloped by the steel and the bit can't really plunge/helix into stock very well.  I was able to get it in by slowing down the feedrate and stopping midway through as the spindle started to sound like it was about to explode, but a pain overall.  As a result, I had to slow down the entire feedrate.  From talking to the consultants at the shop, the feed would have worked on a machine more rigid than the one I used (no other CNCs were available at that location).  So I'm looking for another machine to do it at the earlier feedrate.  (Faster feed means less time = less cost)

So going forward is going to be about making a few minor modifications to the creation process of the case, the design looks fine.  All the keys on my 60% actuate fine when in the case.  No bits of metal are stuck touching the caps, preventing their motion.  The drill holes to attach to the bottom case look fine, and the sides are nice and thin.

I'll try to keep you all updated on the process of machining out both the top case and the slanted bottom.  I've got ideas for workholding, they just need to be finalized!  I'm also interested to hear what color options you all are thinking.
Please do orange! Leandren is currently running his r4 GB with orange pcb and orange hhkb plate.
I like mechanical keyboards

Offline Dotdash32

« Reply #106 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 01:36:38 »
Did some thinking about setups: My current thought is to do it in 3.

Drill alignment holes and mill back pocket

Flip, attach using holes drilled in 1 (which have been tapped by hand); mill top pocket and contour upper edges

Flip, attach using blockers; contour lower edge (that has holes)

To use just one fixture plate, I'm planning to use screws to mount in and act as poles for the case to rest on.  The tapped holes on the case will provide the clamping force downward, but the screws on the side will stop sideways movement, which would ruin the part.  The screws let me do two set ups on the same plate. 

If this works, the same fixture plate should work for production too.  My fingers are crossed that this works!  It's be a learning experience for me (I'm planning to study this, but we don't have any work fixturing/machining classes at my school).  Thanks for keeping tuned in.

What specific colors (shades of orange) are you all thinking?  Can someone color match which one LeandreN is using?  My guess is that it would be on this page: https://www.powderbuythepound.com/oranges/

Offline cmd

« Reply #107 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 05:17:06 »
So looking at this and going off of what you said, are you planning on creating your own plate? The more I thought about this the more I thought that your case is much different than what LeandreN is trying to accomplish. His plates and PCBs are sort of universal. I think if I look at your design, the case is almost like a viper (more unique - which I prefer)... Are you going to have more than just orange ??

Offline Dotdash32

« Reply #108 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 16:51:18 »
So looking at this and going off of what you said, are you planning on creating your own plate? The more I thought about this the more I thought that your case is much different than what LeandreN is trying to accomplish. His plates and PCBs are sort of universal. I think if I look at your design, the case is almost like a viper (more unique - which I prefer)... Are you going to have more than just orange ??

Still planning to use normal key switch plates and use the same mounting system.  The plate in the photos is only to hold the part while it is cut, and would not be in the final product. 
I'm trying to keep it as universal as possible, all the measurements are based off of off the shelf components, but while making the case itself look as unique as possible.

I already have black and red textured powders, which I adore.  I have seen a lot of interest in the orange, but by all means, find another color.  If there are more people for different colors, the easier it becomes to get them.  The plan is to do the actual coating myself, so the main price barrier is getting the powder.  A half pound is maybe $15 plus shipping, so the minimum quantities are going to be pretty small.

Offline cmd

« Reply #109 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 17:41:17 »

Still planning to use normal key switch plates and use the same mounting system.  The plate in the photos is only to hold the part while it is cut, and would not be in the final product. 
I'm trying to keep it as universal as possible, all the measurements are based off of off the shelf components, but while making the case itself look as unique as possible.

I already have black and red textured powders, which I adore.  I have seen a lot of interest in the orange, but by all means, find another color.  If there are more people for different colors, the easier it becomes to get them.  The plan is to do the actual coating myself, so the main price barrier is getting the powder.  A half pound is maybe $15 plus shipping, so the minimum quantities are going to be pretty small.

How about deep blue and some some of grey (darker than silver)?? For the blue, maybe something like the blue that is present on the skidata? I will find some good pictures of the color. Okay so then the universal plate from LeandreN would be good? I might have him add another plate and PCB to my order if that is the case.

Offline bbrotha

« Reply #110 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 18:01:32 »
+1 on the orange, I already have an orange hhkb build with Carbon, so this case would be the finest addition to it.
Norbaforce 87U 45g  -- HHKB Type S Blanks-- Kira Keyboard -- M65-A -- Novatouch

Offline need

« Reply #111 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 19:05:52 »

I'd like a really deep, dark "blue black"

Offline cmd

« Reply #112 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 19:11:15 »
Would you be interested in starting something like the MIRA is doing? Getting the interest checkers to pay you an amount to ensure a spot and also to help you with costing of prototyping. This would mainly benefit you with science things as well as us

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #113 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 22:03:25 »
So orange color is pretty much confirmed?

« Reply #114 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 23:34:53 »
Looking great DotDash. Appreciate the step-by-step of the milling mounting.

Perhaps it's best for dotdash to supply us with a website link that sells the powder (or the one that he would be interested in purchasing from) and then we can make choices based on those options?

I'm not really into the idea of an orange case, but seems like there is a bit of interest. My vote would definitely be for a black-blue type color!

Offline Dotdash32

« Reply #115 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 00:58:40 »
Looking great DotDash. Appreciate the step-by-step of the milling mounting.

Perhaps it's best for dotdash to supply us with a website link that sells the powder (or the one that he would be interested in purchasing from) and then we can make choices based on those options?

I'm not really into the idea of an orange case, but seems like there is a bit of interest. My vote would definitely be for a black-blue type color!

The best place is probably https://www.powderbuythepound.com/ since they have just about every color thinkable.

Would you be interested in starting something like the MIRA is doing? Getting the interest checkers to pay you an amount to ensure a spot and also to help you with costing of prototyping. This would mainly benefit you with science things as well as us

As much as it would help in the short term, I'm hoping to use much bigger tools for the production runs.  Plus, this should help keep the overall cost down.  I'll probably just get one replacement for the broken bit and then add a small development fee into the price.

Offline cmd

« Reply #116 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 09:54:09 »
I think this color blue would go nicely with LeandreNs blue plate that is currently being offered in his GB. Yeh or neh?

Edit: I am referring to the plate and case color, not the keycaps IMO !
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 March 2016, 09:59:42 by cmd »

Offline JorisBoers

• ORANGE IS LOVE, ORANGE IS LIVE
« Reply #117 on: Sat, 26 March 2016, 04:45:35 »
These look very interesting, really interested in a Orange HHKB styled case :D

Can't wait to see this go to the [GB] stadium :D
"I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - TenTenSeven

« Reply #118 on: Sat, 26 March 2016, 10:02:52 »

I think this color blue would go nicely with LeandreNs blue plate that is currently being offered in his GB. Yeh or neh?

Yep looks awesome - just to reiterate and I'm sure you already knew but this build will not require an hhkb plate - it's made purposefully to support standard plates and cover the corners
:)

Offline cmd

« Reply #119 on: Sat, 26 March 2016, 10:22:13 »

Yep looks awesome - just to reiterate and I'm sure you already knew but this build will not require an hhkb plate - it's made purposefully to support standard plates and cover the corners
:)
Haha yeah :/ that's why I'm gonna order another plate and pcb me thinks

Offline Dotdash32

« Reply #120 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 00:06:49 »
Finally got the tooling I needed in.  So after the last round of prototyping, I damaged my main roughing (material removing)end mill.  So I just got a new one in the mail, and it should speed up the process quite a bit.  3 flute solid carbide will just tear through all this aluminum.  Got to do a small test with it on another project (manual mill, so the curves of the case were out of the question  :( ), and the thing absolutely tore through the material. 

I also found a corner rounder, which will give the case the smooth rounded edge on the top.  Got to do a straight line test with it too, and I'm pretty happy with the results. 

Overall, it has a great edge finish, and I can slow it down just a bit for the finish pass.  The radius (3/32) is just about one of the smallest available, and it seems to match with most of my other keyboards pretty well. 

The process has taken longer than I would have liked, but the final machining details are coming together.  Once I get one made, we should be able to move forward to a GB.

Offline bbrotha

« Reply #121 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 08:56:53 »
Great news!, thanks for the update.
Norbaforce 87U 45g  -- HHKB Type S Blanks-- Kira Keyboard -- M65-A -- Novatouch

« Reply #122 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 18:28:24 »
 :thumb:
Keep up the awesome work. Glad to hear the milling issue got sorted!

Offline nukec

• that rug really tied the room together
« Reply #123 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 11:44:05 »
I'm in. What is the material and price estimation? (not that I care for price, I don't have a woman anymore, so I don't have to spend money on dinners).
HHKB Pro2, Poker2 Blue, KBPV60 Brown, DuckyShine3 Brown

Offline Dotdash32

« Reply #124 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 00:30:12 »
I'm in. What is the material and price estimation? (not that I care for price, I don't have a woman anymore, so I don't have to spend money on dinners).

I've been doing more CAD/CAM work, but it's not complete, and I'm doing my current estimates on a really small low power machine.  So the time will be less machining time, but more operating costs.  As of right now, the material is looking at about $4 a pound, so around $25 for each blank.  Then an hour to 90 minutes of machining and per part setup.  So my current overestimate is around $100-$150, if not less.  I can't really promise that, but I also hope for something less.

I apologize for this taking so long, a bunch of personal life stuff came up, and it's harder for me to get the time to prototype and finish the design. :(

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #125 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 07:11:31 »

Unless you want other woman in your life, if you do, you would probably spend more now,  :thumb:

Offline nukec

« Reply #126 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 10:34:16 »
@DotDash2 that sound quite good price.

@ideus not for some time.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #127 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 11:37:16 »
@DotDash2 that sound quite good price.

@ideus not for some time.

Saint Paul's inheritance?

Offline nukec

« Reply #128 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 12:45:36 »
Not really, i just am tired of s**ts, which is 100% of women in west. ;)

Offline Butter

« Reply #129 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 13:03:58 »

I've been doing more CAD/CAM work, but it's not complete, and I'm doing my current estimates on a really small low power machine.  So the time will be less machining time, but more operating costs.  As of right now, the material is looking at about $4 a pound, so around $25 for each blank.  Then an hour to 90 minutes of machining and per part setup.  So my current overestimate is around $100-$150, if not less.  I can't really promise that, but I also hope for something less.

I apologize for this taking so long, a bunch of personal life stuff came up, and it's harder for me to get the time to prototype and finish the design. :(

$150 sound pretty reasonable. Since it will be the only HHKB case on the market that use normal 60% pcb.
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 April 2016, 13:05:33 by Butter »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #130 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 16:28:55 »
Not really, i just am tired of s**ts, which is 100% of women in west. ;)

Hum, British women, can't imagine how come...lol.

Offline AgentZen

« Reply #131 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 20:52:55 »
Very interested
KUL ES-87 w/ Clears (GMK Hyperfuse) | Working on: Custom 60% w/ 65g feelios (BSP blanks)

Offline Willyc277

« Reply #132 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 03:32:10 »

$150 sound pretty reasonable. Since it will be the only HHKB case on the market that use normal 60% pcb.

$150 is damn good IMO. Especially considering some cast cases will run upwards of $100.

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #133 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 07:38:20 »
Considering that TEX cases already around 120 USD with feet on massdrop, 150USD is a good Price.

Offline Dotdash32

« Reply #134 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 16:32:19 »
Did some testing yesterday for removal rates, and some interesting findings.  Good news:  Found a great way to "face" off parts, taking large cuts off of the top.  Also found pretty reliable cutters for like $5, so that's solid.

Bad news is that the nice cutter that just shears away the metal is having some chattering issues.  As it passes through the metal, the cutter wobbles across the cut, producing crazy vibrations and a striated pattern on the edge.  This is just all around bad for the machine and cutter, so I'm looking into fixing it.  Shouldn't be a problem on production, but it's slowing down prototyping  :(

Did I mention the horrifying shrieking sound it was making?  As if all the cats in California were contained in about half a cubic inch of speaker and yelling at me.  Not fun times and I got a bunch of weird looks for the sound.

The facing cutter is really impressive, I was able to run the thing around 20 inches a minute at 3.5k rpm.  At nearly 4 inches across and .060" deep, the chips are flying.  A finishing pass at can pretty much reflect fingers.  Hard to see in the image because of the shine and the glare, but it's so flat and nice! 

As for more cost estimates, my program keeps crashing.  So far, it's looking to be about 30, 45, and 20 minutes of setup cutting for the three ops, but potentially less.  I'm trying to get the paths down, but a strange dependency in the setup file is preventing it from opening, and then the program crashes.  It's getting closer, and all the paths are pretty simple.  Apologies for the delays.

Offline Butter

« Reply #135 on: Sat, 30 April 2016, 21:14:11 »
Any update OP?

Offline Dotdash32

« Reply #136 on: Sat, 30 April 2016, 21:36:50 »
Any update OP?

Production is still in progress, it's just hard for me to get time on the machines right now.  School is ramping up right now, I have 3 AP tests next week.  The last time I went in for some work, a bit snapped because the machine took a nose dive instead of going up like the code said it was.  I'm trying to figure out why so that doesn't happen again.

I did get the fixture clamps made, and have the metal for the first prototype.  I've been trying to get in contact with the machine shop, and he hasn't really responded to me.

These delays are the main reason I don't want to take anyone's money until I know it's going to work.

I have the CAD files on Github, if you want to try and 3D print them.  I want to have a full machined prototype so that both the toolpath and fixture are going to work. https://github.com/dotdash32/Cases/tree/master/LLID%20Case

Hopefully once the summer hits, we'll be able to finish this up!

Offline Butter

« Reply #137 on: Sat, 30 April 2016, 21:56:16 »
Any update OP?

Production is still in progress, it's just hard for me to get time on the machines right now.  School is ramping up right now, I have 3 AP tests next week.  The last time I went in for some work, a bit snapped because the machine took a nose dive instead of going up like the code said it was.  I'm trying to figure out why so that doesn't happen again.

I did get the fixture clamps made, and have the metal for the first prototype.  I've been trying to get in contact with the machine shop, and he hasn't really responded to me.

These delays are the main reason I don't want to take anyone's money until I know it's going to work.

I have the CAD files on Github, if you want to try and 3D print them.  I want to have a full machined prototype so that both the toolpath and fixture are going to work. https://github.com/dotdash32/Cases/tree/master/LLID%20Case

Hopefully once the summer hits, we'll be able to finish this up!

Thanks for the update. I'll be looking forward to how the prototype turn out. Good luck with school.

« Reply #138 on: Sat, 30 April 2016, 23:12:31 »
No rush buddy, keep up the great work. And of course, school is the first priority!

Offline Dotdash32

« Reply #139 on: Thu, 02 June 2016, 09:23:56 »
Ok, an update at long last.  Finally got out of school, and my time is freeing up.

This massive gif shows some of the work I've been doing to get the case ready to make.   At this point, I've got most of the computer side work done, and it should be machinable.  That said, I'm going through it to check settings and make sure nothing breaks.

I've also addressed that chatter problem with that one endmill, I have another coming that should help out a lot with that. 

As we move forward, my goal is to try and get this to GB stage by mid June, so I can get orders and hopefully send them out by August.

In the meantime, I would really appreciate if people could request colors for powder coating.  My plan is to get a number of different codes from PowderBuyThePound and order the sample packs.  I can then do some test bits of aluminum, and we should be able to do some comparisons.  A lot of people have talked about wanting orange, but I'm not sure which orange.  What would help me the most is if you can find one (or more!) colors that fit the general idea of what you want, and then post the link to those colors.  That way, I can get a set of powder samples and can check the colors against each other.

https://www.powderbuythepound.com/powder-coating-powders/

If everyone could find those colors within the next week or so, by June 10th, it would be much appreciated.  I'm going to try and get my prototype done very soon, so we can move to the GB stage.

Offline cmd

« Reply #140 on: Thu, 02 June 2016, 09:37:14 »
Looks pretty great and excited!

I think the powder coats might end up better if we had a poll added to the thread? Or were you going to do that after the requests?

Offline Dotdash32

« Reply #141 on: Thu, 02 June 2016, 10:38:27 »

I think the powder coats might end up better if we had a poll added to the thread? Or were you going to do that after the requests?

I'm not sure how to do a thread wide poll, but I also want a few more options.  I threw together a Google Form about the colors, here.  If you can, please fill it out.  It has the blue and orange options I've seen mentioned here, as well as two other colors I have on hand.

Link to flat blue and to flat orange on PBTB.

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #142 on: Thu, 02 June 2016, 10:49:26 »
I'd be in for some kind of green. But I guess I will be the only one in on that color. If not, here are my favorite greens:
Kawasaki green Shiny
Monster green More matte
Sparkle Granny Smith Dormant I first clicked at it because of the strange name, but the example images look pretty good.

Purple would be my other suggestion, and probably more popular, so here are my favorite purples:
Dormant purple I kinda fell in love with this one
Purple starlight Also not too bad, a little darker

I'll probably add these to the google form, but since I already wrote the post I might as well send it.

Offline Dotdash32

« Reply #143 on: Thu, 02 June 2016, 10:51:25 »
I'd be in for some kind of green. But I guess I will be the only one in on that color. If not, here are my favorite greens:
Kawasaki green Shiny
Monster green More matte
Sparkle Granny Smith Dormant I first clicked at it because of the strange name, but the example images look pretty good.

Purple would be my other suggestion, and probably more popular, so here are my favorite purples:
Dormant purple I kinda fell in love with this one
Purple starlight Also not too bad, a little darker

I'll probably add these to the google form, but since I already wrote the post I might as well send it.

Great!  I'll add these as options on the form. 

Offline cmd

« Reply #144 on: Thu, 02 June 2016, 10:54:18 »

I'm not sure how to do a thread wide poll, but I also want a few more options.  I threw together a Google Form about the colors, here.  If you can, please fill it out.  It has the blue and orange options I've seen mentioned here, as well as two other colors I have on hand.

Link to flat blue and to flat orange on PBTB.

For sure will get on it when I grab some lunch. Like all of the variations in color choices though...
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 June 2016, 11:03:18 by cmd »

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #145 on: Thu, 02 June 2016, 11:01:01 »
White would be a really good color for powder coating since it's the only kind of colour that anodizing cannot provide.
It also fits with the hhkb aesthetic.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline Dotdash32

« Reply #146 on: Thu, 02 June 2016, 13:03:32 »
White would be a really good color for powder coating since it's the only kind of colour that anodizing cannot provide.

I like it!  I added a low gloss (20%) white to the list, along with the other colors.  There is also an option for no powder, either bead blast or raw from the mill.  Anything above raw from the mill will be an addition, but my goal is to keep the powder coating under $10 per part.  That will depend on the amount and colors ordered though.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #147 on: Thu, 02 June 2016, 13:04:41 »
Aww, yeah. Might be interested in getting one. Might...

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #148 on: Thu, 02 June 2016, 15:17:46 »

+1 never see a matte white in any alu case. White will be killer.

Offline Malenky

« Reply #149 on: Fri, 03 June 2016, 05:02:56 »
White would be really good, but not a pure white. The Pok3r white case is too white, there needs to be a certain amount of yellow/greyness to it.

You probably want a black one in there too, maybe silver. Other than that I think purple and orange are winners. The Tex cases seem to be popular colours.