Author Topic: Sydney Meetup Yo (ROUND TWO ON HOLD)  (Read 50332 times)

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
Re: Sydney Meetup Yo (28th February 2016)
« Reply #200 on: Mon, 07 March 2016, 00:12:27 »
If anyone needs a delivery from the states(California) that is not too huge I might be able to make it happen.

I'll be in town March 18-21st.  :)

We can accommodate for our American friend if we set the date to the 19th or 20th. What do you think?

directly during my exam block so if that's the case I'll sit out of that one

bring your study notes m8 I'll help you cram

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #201 on: Mon, 07 March 2016, 01:46:40 »
If anyone needs a delivery from the states(California) that is not too huge I might be able to make it happen.

We can accommodate for our American friend if we set the date to the 19th or 20th. What do you think?

you fine with staying for a week or two?

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #202 on: Mon, 07 March 2016, 02:08:47 »

you fine with staying for a week or two?

nah man we can do that in a couple of hours don't worry

Offline koops

• Shy Turtle
    • MechKB
« Reply #203 on: Mon, 07 March 2016, 04:21:14 »

Just out of curiosity, what are you studying? I may as well ask where as well.

Offline slickmamba

Re: Sydney Meetup Yo (Pics posted)
« Reply #204 on: Mon, 07 March 2016, 04:22:37 »

Ahh don't worry about me. I'll be busy with my cousins wedding those days.
Hi :)

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #205 on: Mon, 07 March 2016, 04:40:37 »

Just out of curiosity, what are you studying? I may as well ask where as well.

Accelerated IPT, for school. Those aren't my notes though, those are notes from the guy who got 1st in state 3 years ago and recently got 99.95 ATAR, so his notes are fairly famous around our school. Definitely going to review them alot going into exams and such.

Offline koops

• Shy Turtle
    • MechKB
« Reply #206 on: Mon, 07 March 2016, 05:28:01 »
Accelerated IPT, for school. Those aren't my notes though, those are notes from the guy who got 1st in state 3 years ago and recently got 99.95 ATAR, so his notes are fairly famous around our school. Definitely going to review them alot going into exams and such.

That sounds pretty hardcore. I kind of wish I had that attitude with my studies. I've been dragging my computer science degree for a while.

I'm happy to take point on organizing but I'll wait till swimmingbird chimes in before I do anything since he's a respected elder around here. I can set up a form so people can decide on day.

I'll be able to bring some soldering equipment and some stuff to solder if people were interested in a tutorial or something. I can also bring in some keyboards with the Matias varieties, some Zealios and Aristotle switches (loose switches though). An industrial Model M if I'm not already overburdened.

Offline Numpy

• The feels man
« Reply #207 on: Mon, 07 March 2016, 14:47:38 »

That sounds pretty hardcore. I kind of wish I had that attitude with my studies. I've been dragging my computer science degree for a while.

I'm happy to take point on organizing but I'll wait till swimmingbird chimes in before I do anything since he's a respected elder around here. I can set up a form so people can decide on day.

I'll be able to bring some soldering equipment and some stuff to solder if people were interested in a tutorial or something. I can also bring in some keyboards with the Matias varieties, some Zealios and Aristotle switches (loose switches though). An industrial Model M if I'm not already overburdened.
This stuff sounds great!
A month ago I would've found the soldering tutorial really useful, I'm sure it will be very handy for some people.
Really pumped to try out some of the switches you mentioned seeing as though I've only ever used mx browns and blues.
I hope it ends up being a day I can make it  ;D
Custom 60%: Cherry MX blues with 62g gold springs and PBT Black on Black dyesub keycaps.

Other Keyboards: Deck Hassium Pro (MX Browns), the underated Leopold FC660M (MX Browns)

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #208 on: Tue, 08 March 2016, 01:35:58 »
oh yeah, I'll be heading up to china during the school holidays (middle of april) so if you want me to proxy some stuff from taobao or some other sites just send me a pm and ill get my relatives to order it so that i can bring it back to australia. I can bring back small items with no surcharge, but larger stuff like cases and keyboards i might need to discuss further.

If you can set maybe 25th-26th of April as the date I can get everyone's stuff back ASAP, or maybe 30th april-1st of may but my birthday is on the 30th so I might have something else planned on that date.

Offline jaffers

« Reply #209 on: Fri, 11 March 2016, 17:46:15 »
Today, I looked at the photos

**** you swimmingbird and your pretty artisans

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #210 on: Fri, 11 March 2016, 18:17:56 »
I wish I was still in Straya to play keyboards with ya'll. Looks like fun. I'm glad the meetup in a park thing finally happened :D

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #211 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 07:09:24 »
Alright I'm quite keen to get R2 on the books

Mostly just to see hkf's VE.A :P

Let me know what availability / timing is like for you guys

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #212 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 07:12:21 »

I should be free most weekends

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #213 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 07:16:23 »
Sunday is a good day for me

Not sure if I'd go for the park again esp with the weather lately

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
Re: Sydney Meetup Yo (ROUND TWO TIME)
« Reply #214 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 08:11:35 »
UPDATED

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #215 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 08:16:28 »
in  :thumb:

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #216 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 16:47:29 »
day before exams lmao

and ill be leaving for china on the 8th so maybe next time

Offline koops

• Shy Turtle
    • MechKB
« Reply #217 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 20:03:32 »
I'm free most weekends too. Count me in.

I would suggest 'The Nerd Cave' as the venue. It's right next to Central station (towards Surry Hills).
131708-0
https://www.google.com/maps/place/The+Nerd+Cave/@-33.8842732,151.2060943,17.5z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x6b12ae2198e929cb:0xcf2bbfd6347e7d9d?hl=en

They're pretty much a little den for trading card game players. There are some PCs and arcade machines inside. I inquired about having a meet there a while back and they're happy to have us. It's pretty quiet during the afternoon so we'll have most of the venue to ourselves.

Keg & Brew is nearby so we can drop by after for some craft beer. Tokyo Bird if you're into Japanese whisky and yakitori.
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 March 2016, 20:06:03 by koops »

Offline hkf

• your #1 fan
« Reply #218 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 22:29:51 »

In this time just for you mate :)

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #219 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 23:12:24 »

In this time just for you mate :)

:O sweet

Offline Quackles

« Reply #220 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 01:05:02 »
I'll be down as a maybe!

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #221 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 02:53:32 »
Oh man. This is on the day I return from holiday. I'll be in Sydney that day but will be catching a bus the same day back to Canberra =(

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #222 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 22:13:17 »
Nerd Cafe sounds alright - i'll have a look into them a bit later and see how they go

Offline Numpy

• The feels man
« Reply #223 on: Wed, 23 March 2016, 20:35:33 »
Is this going to be happening in two Sunday or is the date still tentative?
Custom 60%: Cherry MX blues with 62g gold springs and PBT Black on Black dyesub keycaps.

Other Keyboards: Deck Hassium Pro (MX Browns), the underated Leopold FC660M (MX Browns)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #224 on: Wed, 23 March 2016, 20:39:58 »
i'll be there.

what plants/animals/people/air/water/food/elements should i avoid if i dont want to die?
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #225 on: Wed, 23 March 2016, 21:24:06 »
i'll be there.

what plants/animals/people/air/water/food/elements should i avoid if i dont want to die?

avoid swimmingbird - i heard he'll clobber you with a duck orion if you piss him off enough

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #226 on: Wed, 23 March 2016, 22:22:36 »
i'll be there.

avoid swimmingbird - i heard he'll clobber you with a duck orion if you piss him off enough

death by korean custom

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #227 on: Wed, 23 March 2016, 23:35:10 »
i'll be there.

death by korean custom

Wtf demik is coming? I'll cancel my holiday

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #228 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 00:52:47 »
i'll be there.

death by korean custom

Wtf demik is coming? I'll cancel my holiday

same, **** exams :)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #229 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 00:55:24 »
y'all planing to jump me or what? you little kangaroo riding bastards OnO

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #230 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 00:57:17 »
yeah we gotta figure out the secret to your ****posts

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #231 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 00:58:46 »
1) rude
2) never
3) get the mud ready, we 'rasslin

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #232 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 05:07:47 »
i'll be there.

If you're not sure, just don't touch anything that looks like it is, or might recently have been, alive.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline iri

« Reply #233 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 05:34:39 »
Please some pictures of spiders this time :(
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #234 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 05:47:50 »
We found a moderately-sized redback near the back door last weekend.

Maybe I should have saved it ...
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline iri

« Reply #235 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 05:51:09 »
Or milked it for venom to spray on your neighbors when they are having yet another loud party.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Quackles

« Reply #236 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 05:51:37 »

nmur took some pictures of a few. You will have to ask kekman to upload them too!

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #237 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 06:02:33 »

nmur took some pictures of a few. You will have to ask kekman to upload them too!
in that album there's a picture of a tiny spider in my realforce, but yeah I've got a couple of other photos from then too

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #238 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 06:38:10 »

i gave them to him already :)

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #239 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 06:49:46 »

couple of orb weaver spiders

Offline iri

« Reply #240 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 06:53:34 »

Show Image

For how long will I live if that little fella bites me?

-Ray Bradbury

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #241 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 07:33:05 »

Show Image

5 seconds max

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #242 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 07:47:54 »

Show Image

5 seconds max

doesn't even have to bite you

those ones spit poison at you if you come too close

Offline hkf

• your #1 fan
« Reply #243 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 16:39:01 »
Any location confirmation so I can organise a private security detail to escort my keyboard? :D

Also in spitting related news, I fed some alpacas over easter, got dribbled on.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #244 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 06:08:02 »
Not sure on location yet

Need to see where is open/available

Does city work for you guys?

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #245 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 06:50:17 »

yeah, as long as it's not too busy

Offline hkf

• your #1 fan
« Reply #246 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 16:45:09 »

Offline Quackles

« Reply #247 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 20:17:08 »
City works for me. Still a 50/50 if I can make it or not though.

Offline Numpy

• The feels man
« Reply #248 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 21:00:51 »
Not sure on location yet

City sounds good to me. Don't really mind where it is as long as the venue isn't 18+  :p

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #249 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 21:01:43 »
Not sure on location yet

City sounds good to me. Don't really mind where it is as long as the venue isn't 18+  :p

Guess that rules out the strip club